AUS - Khandalyce Kiara Pearce (Wynarka) and mum Karlie Pearce-Stevenson (Belanglo) #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kal - I wonder if this is where you read the "off the grid" comment.
I've seen it in a few articles now, but I think this was the earliest:

http://www.pressreader.com/australia/herald-sun/20151024/282127815330751/TextView

Yep, that'll do it. The journalists state that Karlie and Khandalyce "...dropped off the grid after leaving their family in Alice Springs.". DI Mark Willing is quoted as saying "The extended family believed Karlie and Khandalyce were safe and well and living interstate. So once again the journo's put their own spin on it. :banghead:

Thanks for paraphrasing Bohemian. Much appreciated. This case is just getting more horrific by the day!

fyi: I've fixed the link since you posted. It was broken for some reason.

I despise pay-walling of legitimate news. It almost feels like the newspapers concerned are profiting from death, in this case.

These seem to be brutal murders, especially Khandalyce's, as she was little more than a baby. The person, or persons, who committed their murders needs to be found and put away for the rest of their lives so we can all be protected. A true sociopath IMO.

I suppose by using the term "off the grid" they mean there is nothing easy to use to trace her movements, such as mobile records or bank account details.

I suppose by using the term "off the grid" they mean there is nothing easy to use to trace her movements, such as mobile records or bank account details.

What I was getting at is that the police didn't say that Karlie was living off the grid. The journalists did. Assumption or information from the police? Who knows?

BTW, from that same article (http://www.pressreader.com/australia/herald-sun/20151024/282127815330751/TextView)it says the "the last time anyone talked to Karlie she was in Canberra"
That was a quote from a family member in Dec 2011.
So someone from the family had spoken to her in 2010.
Makes times of death seem less certain, doesn't it?

Sorry Jane, that link is not loading for me. However from the link you posted in your #304 post above, there is the following.

The two were spotted on the highway near Coober Pedy, SA, on November 8, 2008. There was another unconfirmed sighting in December in the Territory. The Territory meaning the ACT?

And further on;

But Karlie didn't call. She had been bludgeoned to death - her skeleton had been discovered by trial bike riders in Belanglo.

This is the first of heard of Karlie's cause of death. I really don't recall ever reading anything about cause of death when she was first found and it is something that police usually don't release to the public until they have made an arrest.

This whole case is absolutely horrific!

It is probably just journalese, but I think if she had been fruit-picking or doing some other job, as some here have speculated, there would be bank account details to follow up.
Even the most casual jobs require a bank account for payment.
The federal police and taxation dept have been cracking down on casual rural labour since 2003 and no fruit-grower is game to employ anyone without a Tax Declaration Form and a Workcover form.
The do unannounced raids very regularly and the fines are horrendous if they are caught employing anyone without the correct paperwork.
Similarly, if she was receiving any Centrelink payment her movements could be traced using her bank account.
Yet police seemed to have been satisfied she was alive and living in Canberra in 2009 at the time of the missing persons report.

Laughable really ..... Finding this completely implausible .... hottest story in their parts and he is seen again after the suitcase and the information about his sighting and Police wanting to find out who he is and no one speaks to him/calls the police..

Nah not buying it for a second ....

Whatever his role.....police are downplaying it for a reason....what that reason is - is anyone's guess.

I'll have a dig around for actual quotes tomorrow but I think he's been ruled out because there'd been sightings of him after the suitcase was already known to be by the road, not after it was realised it contained human remains & brought to the attention of police.

ie. after receiving all the witness reports & working out the dates "suitcase man" was seen, they started getting responses to their appeal for dashcam footage & realised they had received evidence that showed Khandalyce's suitcase was already by the road at the times "suitcase man" was seen.

I think "The Territory" means Northern Territory.
I agree that the "bludgeoned to death" quote is odd since the police clearly stated that they were not releasing either cause of death.

I'll have a dig around for actual quotes tomorrow but I think he's been ruled out because there'd been sightings of him after the suitcase was already known to be by the road, not after it was realised it contained human remains & brought to the attention of police.

ie. after receiving all the witness reports & working out the dates "suitcase man" was seen, they started getting responses to their appeal for dashcam footage & realised they had received evidence that showed Khandalyce's suitcase was already by the road at the times "suitcase man" was seen.

Yep, that's what I thought it meant too.

It is probably just journalese, but I think if she had been fruit-picking or doing some other job, as some here have speculated, there would be bank account details to follow up.
Even the most casual jobs require a bank account for payment.
The federal police and taxation dept have been cracking down on casual rural labour since 2003 and no fruit-grower is game to employ anyone without a Tax Declaration Form and a Workcover form.
The do unannounced raids very regularly and the fines are horrendous if they are caught employing anyone without the correct paperwork.
Similarly, if she was receiving any Centrelink payment her movements could be traced using her bank account.
Yet police seemed to have been satisfied she was alive and living in Canberra in 2009 at the time of the missing persons report.

I'm still not understanding why Karlie would not at least have been receiving the parenting allowance. I think that's what it's called now. A fortnightly payment, is that right? It used to be called Child Endowment in my day. She may have declined the single mother's pension but surely she was entitled to the parenting allowance? Then again Karlie may have had a substantial amount of savings stashed away to finance her trip. Her family may have given her money. We don't know what finances she had and it really isn't relevant other than to speculate that she may have turned to criminal means to support herself and Khandalyce. Something that the police have not mentioned to date.

Police believe that most of the decompostition took place outside of the suitcase, in another location.

Superintendent Bray said staining and decomposition of the clothing suggested to police the child died sometime after 2007.

http://www.themorningbulletin.com.au/news/child-skeleton-suitcase-died-some-time-ago/2718371/
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-07-24/child-bones-found-in-sa-believed-to-belong-to-a-girl/6645422

Judging by the picture of the coat in the 2nd link, Khandalyce was wearing it where her body was initially stored

Sorry Jane, that link is not loading for me. However from the link you posted in your #304 post above, there is the following.

The two were spotted on the highway near Coober Pedy, SA, on November 8, 2008. There was another unconfirmed sighting in December in the Territory. The Territory meaning the ACT?

And further on;

But Karlie didn't call. She had been bludgeoned to death - her skeleton had been discovered by trial bike riders in Belanglo.

This is the first of heard of Karlie's cause of death. I really don't recall ever reading anything about cause of death when she was first found and it is something that police usually don't release to the public until they have made an arrest.

This whole case is absolutely horrific!

It is horrific, the "bludgeoned" part might be journalist assumption again though (this case is getting way more than it's fair share :( ). Police said in an ABC article I saw that they specifically weren't going to release any details re cause of death. I think one journo assumed it was a beating of some sort because of the repeated police comments that it was violent & because they know that assessment was made using only skeletal remains - so they've come up with something that fits & they've run with it. Broken bones from a beating aren't the only forensic possibility though, there's at least 4 others (2 of them are exceedingly unlikely though).

Found the quote -

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-10-23/police-search-homes-in-sa-canberra-mother-daughter/6879814

A police spokeswoman said detectives were keeping the manner in which Karlie and Khandalyce died close to their chest because it was a fact only their killer would know

Of course there could be a police leak & this journo is 100% right. I guess only time will tell.

Sure, it's all speculation.
However, if there was any way of tracing Karlie's movements by her bank account withdrawals I think the police would have said so in order to get people who may have known her in a particular area to come forward.
A woman was murdered recently near Murray Bridge and almost at once the police said her account had been accessed at an ATM the day after she was last seen alive.
Turned out it was not her using the card, but police immediately appealed for anyone who had seen her near the ATM.
It just seems to me that if they had those sorts of details they would release them to help track down whose company she had been in.
So yes, it is speculation on my part that she wasn't using a bank account.

The rocks mark the approach to an entrance. An aerial view will show a track and railway crossing leading into the field behind. The different captures show that this cairn has been maintained and/or rebuilt over time. I'm personally convinced that the case has been in the general vicinity longer than is being reported. I don't buy that the roadworks rule out an earlier dump date all. Earlier this image was found: https://www.google.com.au/maps/@-35...4!1sm93lzmRvxf5ucmiFBAOsyA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656
Located about 2-300mtrs from the site Kandalyce was found. I've since engaged the help of friends to enhance the image and apply various filters which has left me (personally) in no doubt this is 'a' suitcase. Of course, just my opinion. There was mention at the time that there is a much better imaging service available but access it's expensive.

Crikey!! thats a suitcase if ever ive seen one. Have you informed the police? It may still be there. That location is 500 metres from the location where Khandalyce was found. Your object was definately not there in the 2010 google snap either.

suitcase1.jpgsuitcase2.jpg

https://www.google.com.au/maps/@-35...4!1s6Qq3MFF22BmMLqIcaNMGHA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

The rocks mark the approach to an entrance. An aerial view will show a track and railway crossing leading into the field behind. The different captures show that this cairn has been maintained and/or rebuilt over time. I'm personally convinced that the case has been in the general vicinity longer than is being reported. I don't buy that the roadworks rule out an earlier dump date all. Earlier this image was found: https://www.google.com.au/maps/@-35...4!1sm93lzmRvxf5ucmiFBAOsyA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656
Located about 2-300mtrs from the site Kandalyce was found. I've since engaged the help of friends to enhance the image and apply various filters which has left me (personally) in no doubt this is 'a' suitcase. Of course, just my opinion. There was mention at the time that there is a much better imaging service available but access it's expensive.

I would have to agree, it certainly looks like a suitcase, further, a very black suitcase. Well spotted.

IMO she was placed there after sept 2014. I just located the spot on google maps street view on the karoonda hwy. According to google the place was mapped in Sept 2014. I could find the spot because of the tree and the mineralization in the ground. Just having a look and I CANNOT see a suitcase there at that time.
Here's the link to the spot, maybe you can see it but I don't:

https://www.google.com.au/maps/@-35...4!1s3qtFwkWZt_So1TGCLxPWLg!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

So if someone is a suspect but in jail since 2013 yet suitcase put there after Sept 2014, that person working with someone else to have the suitcase moved. Must be.

edit: since posting there may be some objects in the bush there.

https://www.google.com.au/maps/@-35...4!1sA0jYVj7wr-C0tXB5Ag555g!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

WHAT is that?? It's just a little bit to the left of the spot in the link mentioned in the quote. Are those flowes wrapped in plastic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx