AUS - Khandalyce Kiara Pearce (Wynarka) and mum Karlie Pearce-Stevenson (Belanglo) #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There are still procedures in place, there's some brief info on the human services website if anyone wanted to take a look. Karlie was described as being "off the grid" by police, which leads me to believe she wasn't in receipt of any Centrelink payments - though it could be that they were cancelled due to a review or request for information not being responded to, after she passed away.

Someone mentioned family tax benefit, if a parent is not receiving income support (parenting payment) they would need to provide an estimate of income to get fortnightly ftb, then it's matched against their actual taxable income after the end of financial year. People can choose to claim as a lump sum at the end of the financial year instead of fortnightly payments. If you have varying income that is hard to estimate (eg seasonal work), you can then avoid ending up with a debt from underestimating. So maybe Karlie was doing seasonal or casual work? Police said she had friends in other states, maybe these friends helped out with babysitting? You can actually make a fair bit of money doing seasonal work, enough to tide you over while you do a bit of travel and then on to the next job. Not saying it would be easy with a bub, but possible if you had friends to help.

http://www.humanservices.gov.au/customer/subjects/accommodation-renting-and-homelessness

Could you post a link to where police said Karlie was living off the grid please Kal?

Here are some stone piles that IMO someone has placed there to identify the spot. These stones are not there on the Feb 2010 google photos. The location of the crime scene is directly in the middle of the stones (i.e each pile is about 100m either side of the crime scene). They appear deliberately stacked.

https://www.google.com.au/maps/@-35...h9T6LzrA!2e0!5s20140901T000000!7i13312!8i6656

https://www.google.com.au/maps/@-35...xzUSqk-A!2e0!5s20140901T000000!7i13312!8i6656

These stone piles, often referred to as cairns, were discussed in a previous thread. A member posted Google Map images of them in the same position with a date stamp of 2007 - 2010 from memory.

$150 in petrol each way. 13 hours each way from the case, allowing some slow forest time.

So what type of person would drive across borders to dump the remains of a murdered child. And why South Australia? The only thing I can think of is that it was convenient. It wasn't necessarily out of the way for whoever dumped the suitcase.

Thats a 15 minute job. Not rushed. The top rock is different, same as image 2. There is some straight objects stacked on the ground next to the pile of rocks. White sticks? He came back? He knew the spot had rocks to mark it? Road worker?
The below rocks are part of an existing dismantle structure or sedimentary rocks ?
makara-rocks.jpgrocks2-makara.jpg
Image courtesy Makara

Is this neatly dressed man ducking in and out of bushes? Not suitcase man.

These stone piles, often referred to as cairns, were discussed in a previous thread. A member posted Google Map images of them in the same position with a date stamp of 2007 - 2010 from memory.

These particular stone piles are not there in the 2007 and 2010 google drive by photos, only Sept 2014.

Good spotting re the ring on her engagement finger .

I do a lot of reading here but don't post often.

Just throwing this out there. Could karlie have left Khandalyce with a "friend " she'd met threw fruit picking ( or whatever casual job she had) in SA while she made a quick trip to nsw. Catch up with a boyfriend / girlfriend ? Sort out an issue. Things go pear shaped karlie gets killed . Whoever it is comes back to SA picks up Khandalyce saying he/she is collecting her to take to Karlie . Kills Khandalyce With fruit pickers nomatic lifestyle no one thinks it's odd.

It it just doesn't make sense to me if they both were murdered at the same time there is a lot of risk involved By driving that distance with a dead body in the car / truck . What reason would there be? Then why keep the body and suit case for years has me baffled . Unless maybe he /she was a pedophile that had some sick twisted attachment to Khandalyce

Good spotting re the ring on her engagement finger .

I do a lot of reading here but don't post often.

Just throwing this out there. Could karlie have left Kandi with a "friend " she'd met threw fruit picking ( or whatever casual job she had) in SA while she made a quick trip to nsw. Catch up with a boyfriend / girlfriend ? Sort out an issue. Things go pear shaped karlie gets killed . Whoever it is comes back to SA picks up kandi saying he/she is collecting her to take to Karlie . Kills kandi . With fruit pickers nomatic lifestyle no one thinks it's odd.

It it just doesn't make sense to me if they both were murdered at the same time there is a lot of risk involved By driving that distance with a dead body in the car / truck . What reason would there be? Then why keep the body and suit case for years has me baffled . Unless maybe he /she was a pedophile that had some sick twisted attachment to Kandi.

That could be a possibility Anonamouse. And the little girl's name is Khandalyce, not Kandi. After going for so long without a name other than Angel, it's nice to be able to call her by her proper name.

That could be a possibility Anonamouse. And the little girl's name is Khandalyce, not Kandi. After going for so long without a name other than Angel, it's nice to be able to call her by her proper name.

sorry I'm on phone was just going back to edit it and you replied sorry

Not sure what road works went on, but it does look fairly hidden to me. To me it looks like 2 anomaly's in the scrub, sleepinoz triangular thing and then that white shape possibly covering something black. There are also strange rocks piled near the curb nearby, possibly markers.
The rocks mark the approach to an entrance. An aerial view will show a track and railway crossing leading into the field behind. The different captures show that this cairn has been maintained and/or rebuilt over time. I'm personally convinced that the case has been in the general vicinity longer than is being reported. I don't buy that the roadworks rule out an earlier dump date all. Earlier this image was found: https://www.google.com.au/maps/@-35...4!1sm93lzmRvxf5ucmiFBAOsyA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656
Located about 2-300mtrs from the site Kandalyce was found. I've since engaged the help of friends to enhance the image and apply various filters which has left me (personally) in no doubt this is 'a' suitcase. Of course, just my opinion. There was mention at the time that there is a much better imaging service available but access it's expensive.

Hi Makara, I have edited the wording of my post as I think I misread the "off the grid" expression as being made by one of the detective superintendents... is this ok or should I remove the reference to it altogether?

"Following the discovery of Khandalyce's body earlier this year, police have tried to establish the identity of a man, believed to be in his 60s, who was seen in the Wynarka area with a dark suitcase on two occasions.Superintendent Bray said police now considered him "largely irrelevant but we would like to know who he is as a matter of completeness".
"We can find out who it was and if he saw anything or, if he ever touched the suitcase, for example," he said.
"We have been able to establish now that that man has been seen in that area before the suitcase was discovered by people travelling that road, and he continued to be seen after [that] carrying his suitcase up and down the road after the suitcase had been recovered.""

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-10-23/police-search-homes-in-sa-canberra-mother-daughter/6879814

I think what that means is not after the bones were discovered in the suitcase, but that he was seen after the case itself had been seen and rummaged through by numerous people and caught on dash-cams.

Try as I might, I can't avoid speculating how events may have played out.
Karlie's body was left in the open (rather than hidden/buried). It doesn't seem to me that the killer(s) were overly worried about her being found. The very fact that her body could reach skeletal stage before being found says everything about the location. If the Milat murders where not an influencing factor (in one way or another), it could very well be that the area was simply selected for the same reasons.
To my mind Kandalyce has been disposed of in a similar manner along with the suitcase and various possessions, perhaps covering her. Later, possibly after it was reported that police where having trouble identifying Karlie's remains, someone has seen the opportunity to further distance themselves, returned and gathered up the remains so the two wouldn't be connected. The fact that they have disposed of personal effects along with Kandalyce might suggest order of disposal if not death.

"Following the discovery of Khandalyce's body earlier this year, police have tried to establish the identity of a man, believed to be in his 60s, who was seen in the Wynarka area with a dark suitcase on two occasions.Superintendent Bray said police now considered him "largely irrelevant but we would like to know who he is as a matter of completeness".
"We can find out who it was and if he saw anything or, if he ever touched the suitcase, for example," he said.
"We have been able to establish now that that man has been seen in that area before the suitcase was discovered by people travelling that road, and he continued to be seen after [that] carrying his suitcase up and down the road after the suitcase had been recovered.""

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-10-23/police-search-homes-in-sa-canberra-mother-daughter/6879814

I think what that means is not after the bones were discovered in the suitcase, but that he was seen after the case itself had been seen and rummaged through by numerous people and caught on dash-cams.

In in other words, he was carrying a different ('his') suitcase from the one containing Khandalyce's remains.

'After the suitcase was recovered' suggests that he was seen after Khandalyce's suitcase was in police possession, no?

Most interesting.

Hi Makara, I have edited the wording of my post as I think I misread the "off the grid" expression as being made by one of the detective superintendents... is this ok or should I remove the reference to it altogether?

Just post the link to where you read Karlie was living off the grid. If you don't have a link and it's just your opinion, that's ok. Just say it's your opinion or add IMO (in my opinion).

'Police fear a serial killer may be at large'
EXCLUSIVE
Daily Telegraph
Crime Editor Mark Morri
1 hour ago

http://m.dailytelegraph.com.au/sub...tory-fni0cx12-1227581878681&memtype=anonymous

Paraphrased (article behind paywall):

Police think that Karlie and Khandalyce are not the only victims of their killer.

Even though they haven't linked them to any other murders, given the violent manner of their deaths, police can't rule out that their killer hasn't struck before, and that they were the victims of a serial killer.

Some of the circumstances of the murders, including dumping of Karlie's body at Belanglo State Forest, could be the hallmarks of such a killer.

Police believe the suspect they interviewed at Cessnock Jail recently had a previous association with Karlie but he was not the only person 'being looked at'.

They don't know as yet whether Karlie or Khandalyce was murdered first but think that the dumping of Karlie's body in Belanglo State Forest was a 'red herring' designed to 'throw them off the scent' from her real killer, as it was the 'dumping ground' for Ivan Milat's murder victims.

$150 in petrol each way. 13 hours each way from the case, allowing some slow forest time.

So a total cost of $300 in fuel and 26 hours driving time to dump the suitcase. Who would do that and why?

AtaraMalka - well spotted.. Yes, I agree that "after recovered" must mean after the police had it.

'Police fear a serial killer may be at large'
EXCLUSIVE
Daily Telegraph
Crime Editor Mark Morri
1 hour ago

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...f-a-serial-killer/story-fni0cx12-122758187868

Paraphrased (article behind paywall):

Police think that Karlie and Khandalyce are not the only victims of their killer.

Even though they haven't linked them to any other murders, given the violent manner of their deaths, police can't rule out that their killer hasn't struck before, and that they were the victims of a serial killer.

Some of the circumstances of the murders, including dumping of Karlie's body at Belanglo State Forest, could be the hallmarks of such a killer.

Police believe the suspect they interviewed at Cessnock Jail recently had a previous association with Karlie but he was not the only person 'being looked at'.

They don't know as yet whether Karlie or Khandalyce was murdered first but think that the dumping of Karlie's body in Belanglo State Forest was a 'red herring' designed to 'throw them off the scent' from her real killer, as it was the 'dumping ground' for Ivan Milat's murder victims.

Thanks for paraphrasing Bohemian. Much appreciated. This case is just getting more horrific by the day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zoyasalas