AUS - Khandalyce Kiara Pearce (Wynarka) and mum Karlie Pearce-Stevenson (Belanglo) #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, if Karlie and Khandalyce were victims of a stereotypical serial killer if would certainly explain a lot... The motive, for a start. He killed them because he liked killing people, simple as that. And he felt comfortable transporting dead bodies around, brutally killing even an innocent child, and keeping his victims' possessions (and bodies)... Maybe he even dumped the suitcase by the road himself because he thought he was so clever he would never be caught. Serial killers do stupid things like that sometimes - so stupid that people even hypothesize that they must have *wanted* to be caught. Like Dennis Rader sending evidence implicating himself to the police, because they promised him that they wouldn't be able to use it to trace him. Apparently it never occurred to him that the police might lie to him!

But I wonder how this would fit in with the multiple perps theory. More than one serial killer working together? Or one serial killer working within a band of criminal associates.

100%, Rayemonde. It certainly looks like the work of someone who gets a perverse thrill out of these things, at all points along the line, including, as you mention, the almost wanting to get caught.

This is not work of an angry or jealous boyfriend, or a colleague or other associate with whom one has a falling-out. It's too terrible at all levels for that.

Psychopaths always have a very serious criminal history - you don't suddenly do something as heinous as this with only petty crimes behind you - so the comments police have made about a serial killer are sadly just common sense at this point.

I too am a bit confused about the theory that more than one perpetrator is involved. Could this simply mean that perhaps a criminal accomplice assisted in dealing with the possessions and remains while the perp was in jail, for example? On the other hand there do seem to be criminally psychopathic families, such as the Milats and the father-son duo in the news recently.

2 suitcases, great thinking :)

Very interesting idea, that would certainly explain few things.

I still can't fathom why no-one got a picture of suitcase man, though - particularly on the occasions where he was seen after the suitcase had been brought to the attention of police and it was public knowledge that police were trying to fathom his identiy.

I thought the police had found the car sold to someone in NSW? The person had been questioned and cleared.

Police will be back tracking the sale of the vehicle and those involved in the procurement of the vehicle.

This is an image of a similar car already posted and referenced by Richie Swan #712
attachment.php

Police are trying to find the car the pair were travelling in when they disappeared, with phone records and bank records being checked since their bodies were identified.

http://www.news.com.au/national/cri...spect-identified/story-fns0kb1g-1227579349590

So Karlie turned up in Adelaide with an engagement ring. Her decision changed, did the runner and she was hunted down?

Was Karlie following the motocross, or drag racing circuit?

Karlie grew up in a part of Alice Springs ...high unemployment, heavy drug and alcohol use.
She came from a loving family but it was fractured.
Karlie has been described as part of the drag racing community.
Karlie once had a relationship with an older man Darren Ashley.
He was sentenced to life for the brutal murder of his wife Kirsty....her throat had been slit and she had numerous stab wounds.
He has been ruled out .... but it is indicative of the world Karlie inhabited.

Police sources indicated the underbelly society, including drug running can not be ruled out.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...journey-to-abyss/story-e6frg6nf-1227580625047
Body in suitcase: Mum and baby’s journey to abyss
A previous post by Soso
Good point, Crabstick. Wynarka has a car racing "Enduro" track too. Before I read The Australian newspaper story on Saturday, I am sure I read a report on Karlie's life before she left Alice Springs that said she was interested in "drag racing". Darren Ashley, the older man with whom she was said to have been involved at some point in 2006, was also said to be in the drag racing community. Karlie left Alice Springs in 2006 according to The Australian report.

Police have said they are satisfied that Mr Ashley was not involved in the deaths of Karlie and Khandalyce but it is possible that Karlie continued to be involved in drag racing after she left Alice Springs. Crabstick's observations make me wonder if someone in the drag racing community was involved in leaving the suitcase near Wynarka.

I'm wondering if the motivation to move the remains is based in the murderer getting off on the media notoriety and becoming frustrated Kandalyce hadn't been found.

Just a thought.

Fear victims Karlie Pearce-Stevenson and Khandalyce Pearce may not be only victims of their killer
Another officer said that it was possible the young mum and daughter were the victims of a serial killer.

“There is no escaping the fact there are some traits of these victims which mean it could be the work of a serial killer, including the dumping of the body in Belanglo,’’ he said.

The investigation is focusing on a number of suspects, including a previously convicted paedophile now serving a 4½-year sentence in Cessnock Prison for other offences.

October 26, 2015 3:51am
EXCLUSIVE Mark MorriCrime EditorThe Daily Telegraph
http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/...source=AdelaideAdvertiser&utm_medium=Facebook

Yep, that'll do it. The journalists state that Karlie and Khandalyce "...dropped off the grid after leaving their family in Alice Springs.". DI Mark Willing is quoted as saying "The extended family believed Karlie and Khandalyce were safe and well and living interstate. So once again the journo's put their own spin on it. :banghead:

ThanksJaneSA and Makara, I think it was this article, 9th paragraph :
http://www.theage.com.au/national/g...ling-teen-20151023-gkh8x3.html?skin=text-only

Is that an engagement ring on Karlie's left hand?
Well spotted, the variations of this photo available in MSM (that I have been able to find) do not let us get a better look at this left hand.
IMO with no other rings visable, this is a ring of significance to Karlie. Obviously this ring has not been mentioned as being found with her in Belangalo, and though it may have been found at Wynarka, it and its significance has not been mentioned by LE at all.

Psychopaths always have a very serious criminal history-

I was in a long term relationship with a psychopath or rather a women who was eventually diagnosed with narcissistic and antisocial personality disorders. (An in depth learning experience I could have done without.) Psychopaths and/or sociopaths are far more common than most people imagine, it's likely you know a few yourself. It's often the case that it's those who commit serious crimes that actually get the psychological evaluation, otherwise they may never be diagnosed.

Does it actually make a difference what payments Karlie was getting from the government? How she was handling her tax affairs and her money?

I don't think it does.

Either she was doing everything 'under the table', or she wasn't. Either way it took years for her identity to be matched to her body. If she was truly 'off the grid', it proves it can be done. If was doing everything 'by the books' it shows that you might still be untrackable years after your untimely death, regardless of being on every relevant government database.

I don't see the relevance. Please tell me why it matters.

The actual payments aren't relevant, but where and when they were being accessed from her bank account would be of interest and help to the police. IMO. And when they stopped.

Does it actually make a difference what payments Karlie was getting from the government? How she was handling her tax affairs and her money?

I don't think it does.

Either she was doing everything 'under the table', or she wasn't. Either way it took years for her identity to be matched to her body. If she was truly 'off the grid', it proves it can be done. If was doing everything 'by the books' it shows that you might still be untrackable years after your untimely death, regardless of being on every relevant government database.

well if the murder has more victims then just Karlie and Khandalyce , he can only become famous once his victims are discovered .NOW imo , i believe that Khandalyce was moved to a location to be found easily. And that Karlie was placed in the Belanglo state forrest where his hero Milait used to bury is poor victims.
I'm wondering if the motivation to move the remains is based in the murderer getting off on the media notoriety and becoming frustrated Kandalyce hadn't been found.

Just a thought.

I think people were trying to establish whether police could trace Karlies movements if Karlie was withdrawing money via expenditures & cash at particular locations, or whether another culprit was doing it for her.
The other was that if Karlie had no documented income, Karlie may have a partner who she was depending on with some consistency.
There was speculation that Karlie was fruit picking for cash, but earning under $18000 means Karlie wouldn't be paying any income tax any rate but paying goods & services tax making her a legitimate taxpayer. Its not like Karlie could keep a filing cabinet in the rear of her car.
Police are asking for motels to check their records in 4 states. This may point to dependency off another person who has been involved in Karlie meeting foul play.
I think its fair to have some level of speculation, but you would be a fool and an idiot to judge.

Here is some of the media coverage which has driven the speculation
Karlie grew up in a part of Alice Springs ...high unemployment, heavy drug and alcohol use.
She came from a loving family but it was fractured.
Karlie has been described as part of the drag racing community.
Karlie once had a relationship with an older man Darren Ashley.
He was sentenced to life for the brutal murder of his wife Kirsty....her throat had been slit and she had numerous stab wounds.
He has been ruled out .... but it is indicative of the world Karlie inhabited.

Police sources indicated the underbelly society, including drug running can not be ruled out.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...journey-to-abyss/story-e6frg6nf-1227580625047
Body in suitcase: Mum and baby’s journey to abyss

I don't think it does.

IMO . The suitcase with Khandalyces body and belonging were placed in SA to maybe make investigators dig and search further to also add interest to this story , to make it BIG.

If this is the work of a serial killer and there are more victims , it makes sense to bury Karlie , where one of Australia's biggest serial killers buried his victims .

So the type of person that would drive across borders to dump the remains of a child maybe doesn't need to purchase fuel , maybe has travelled that route many of times regarding work commitments by car , by truck or maybe by train ?

this is in my opinion only and with all the info running around in my head , i simply don't know anymore.

To clarify once again here. I spoke to a detective from the SAPOL Major Crime Branch in September of this year in regard to an image that appeared on the Australian Trucking Association website. This image was of a suitcase purportedly to be that of the suitcase containing the remains of Khandalyce (at that time identity unknown). It was nothing like the image of the suitcase featured on the SAPOL and Crimestoppers websites.

The detective told me that the suitcase featured on the Trucking Association website was in fact another suitcase that was located on the Mallee Highway, not the Karoonda Highway and these two suitcases were not connected in any way. In fact many members of the public had phoned Crimestoppers to report seeing a suitcase on the highway. But which highway? Apparently there is a lot of junk discarded along both the Mallee and Karoonda Highways, including numerous suitcases.

I think the main question now is why the suitcase with Khandalyce's remains was dumped near Wynarka in South Australia, over 1,000 kilometres from where her mother's body was dumped in the Balanglo State Forest in NSW. What would be the cost of fuel for a trip like that? The time to drive there? This is assuming that Khandalyce was also murdered in NSW with her mother. The police believe that Karlie was murdered in NSW or the ACT and it is reasonable to think that Khandalyce would have been with her mother prior to Karlie's murder.

So what type of person would drive across borders to dump the remains of a murdered child. And why South Australia? The only thing I can think of is that it was convenient. It wasn't necessarily out of the way for whoever dumped the suitcase.

The actual payments aren't relevant, but where and when they were being accessed from her bank account would be of interest and help to the police. IMO. And when they stopped.

Yes, activity in her bank accounts (especially withdrawals) is relevant. Presumably she had a bank account that she used and wasn't operating entirely in cash? I don't think whether she was on welfare or not is.

There was speculation that Karlie was fruit picking for cash, but earning under $18000 means Karlie wouldn't be paying any income tax any rate but paying goods & services tax making her a legitimate taxpayer. Its not like Karlie could keep a filing cabinet in the rear of her car.

The tax free threshold was increased to $18,200 in 2012-13 financial year. It was only $6000 when Karlie was alive. So I guess that makes it more likely that any legitimate employer would have kept proper records of their dealings with her.

I guess the thing is, I think working out where she was working is useful. Finding out if she had some kind of relationship is useful. Nitpicking what payments she was getting or if she was getting them at all... I don't see how useful that is. A bit distasteful. I've done it myself, I'm not just criticising others. I think it's a red herring, just like suitcase man. Karlie seemed like she didn't want to be that stereotype of the single mum that just sits around collecting welfare. She actually wanted to get up and do something for herself and her daughter. Maybe she was getting some government help along the way - if so, it didn't help anyone track her down at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne