AUS - Khandalyce Kiara Pearce (Wynarka) and mum Karlie Pearce-Stevenson (Belanglo) #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Stacey Lee ‏@Staceylee_ 9s10 seconds ago

Police say about $90,000 was spent or withdrawn from Karlie's Cabo account since November 2008. @7NewsAdelaide @Y7News

Q: Serial killer?
A: No evidence to suggest that at all

I wonder why they are releasing all this info now? I would think it may scare the perps off and it doesn't really need to be released to the public?

I'd like to add, many pages back the question was posed why does it matter if Karlie was on payments or not?

As JaneSA said - follow the money, find the people.

Both violent and deliberate deaths.
Evidence clearly show they were murdered at different times.

Strong focus on who may be involved. Strong focus on this state (he means SA)

Stacey Lee ‏@Staceylee_ 8m8 minutes ago

BREAKING: Police say #KarlieKhandalyce were likely killed in December 2008. @7NewsAdelaide @Y7News

Stacey Lee ‏@Staceylee_ 1m1 minute ago

Police say Karlie's bank account was used across 4 jurisdictions - SA, NSW, ACT and NT @7NewsAdelaide @Y7News

Police believe Karlie and Khandalyce were murdered at different times in different locations. @7NewsAdelaide @Y7News

This is like Snowtown all over again. I hope this ***** goes to jail forever, how low can you freaking go????

This is just my best attempt at a summary from the Des Bray police statement today on TV, which was about progress of financial investigations. This is only for present purposes for those who couldn't watch until a report is given in writing by police or the Media provide a summary.

Karlie and Khandalyce died at different times and different locations. Karlie's phone kept until 2011 for purpose of giving impression that Karlie was still alive. The person with the phone used it to obtain money and one time involved a woman. Karlie was getting centrelink payments and these were taken from her account. Large payments were made into her bank account from another persons wages and taken out again. Charnwood in Canberra and Adelaide activity on account.

A female in a wheelchair pretended she was Karlie and that Khandalyce was alive. Kept this fraud up until 2011. At least one male and two females. Some in Northern Adelaide and some in Canberra. Not determined if any were involved in murders but clearly some knew Karlie and Khandalyce were dead. Calling on those involved but who were not involved in the murders to come forward. The police are still focusing on the people they focused on before. No evidence of a serial killer but keeping open mind.

I wonder why they are releasing all this info now? I would think it may scare the perps off and it doesn't really need to be released to the public?

The perps they are after in this regard are basically backed into a corner - Des Bray is basically saying come forward now or you'll be put away for a very long time. Those people who were stealing her identity obviously knew she was dead - they were covering up for/enabling her murderer/s.

Blimey!
Well it's one thing to use the murder victim's bank account until the money runs out, but it seems that TWICE (once at CPSCU and once at Centrelink) these people have tried to keep money coming in.
Very brazen.

From the Seven News FB -

Police investigating the murder of Karlie & Khandalyce say they were most likely killed in December 2008.
Karlie's bank account was accessed hundreds of times since she was murdered. Her phone was kept and used as proof of life after she was murdered. Police say a female falsely represented herself on the phone to get money from her family. Police say about $90,000 was spent or withdrawn the account since November 2008.

https://www.facebook.com/7newssydney

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member