AUS - Khandalyce Kiara Pearce (Wynarka) and mum Karlie Pearce-Stevenson (Belanglo) #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So some scum pretended to be Karlie over the phone with her family, and scrounged money off them.

Came here in a bit of shock that this can happen so close to home .i live in elizabeth right next to salisbury two of the places mentioned in the police press conference . Im racking my brains if i know a woman in a wheelchair

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

JOINT STATEMENT FROM SA AND NSW POLICE:

"Police can reveal the bank account of murdered woman Karlie Pearce-Stevenson has been accessed hundreds of occasions since she was last seen in late 2008.

Detectives from SA Police's Task Force Mallee and the NSW Police's Strike Force Malaya, set up to investigate the murders of Khandalyce Pearce and her mother Karlie, have so far tracked transactions across South Australia, New South Wales, Northern Territory and the ACT.

Almost $100,000 was spent or withdrawn from the account since November 2008 until March 2012. The account was closed earlier this year due to inactivity.

Money was deposited through Centrelink payments, previous wages and other unknown sources.

Also, disturbingly, it appears that in June 2010 a woman in a wheelchair impersonating Ms Pearce-Stevenson attended Australian Central Credit Union at Elizabeth to update banking records.

In December 2010 a woman claiming to be Ms Pearce-Stevenson also attended a compulsory interview with Centrelink at Salisbury.

Detectives are investigating if it was the same woman on both occasions.

However, police know that a man and at least two women have been responsible for the financial transactions and have lived at, or been associated with, homes in Davoren Park, Hillbank, Holden Hill and Charnwood, Canberra.

In addition to the unlawful bank account access, Ms Pearce-Stevenson's phone has also been used on a number of occasions since her disappearance.

Police believe those responsible for her murder retained the phone in order to dupe Ms Pearce-Stevenson's family members into believing she was still alive.

It's known that the phone's message bank was accessed by the offender/s and text messages sent to the murdered woman's mother, inducing her to send money to the bank account.

A woman impersonated Ms Pearce-Stevenson also had brief conversations with family members.

The exactly location and timing of the murders remains unclear.

We do know that a large number of the bank transactions occurred in the north and north-eastern suburbs of Adelaide, as well as in Canberra.

Police believe that at least one of those involved in the phone and bank scam was also responsible for the murders.

We will not hesitate to take action against anyone who has assisted those responsible for these horrific murders or who impede this investigation.

However, if you, or someone you know, has done the wrong thing, it is not too late to come forward and do the right thing now."

Detective Superintendent Des Bray, Head of SA Police Major Crime Investigation Branch and Task Force Mallee
Detective Superintendent Mick Willing, NSW Police, SCC Homicide Squad Commander and head of Strike Force Malaya

Please come forward immediately with information. Call Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000 or use Crime Stoppers online www.sa.crimestoppers.com.au/

https://www.police.sa.gov.au/sa-police-news-assets/front-page-news/wynarka-belanglo-inquiry-update#.Vi77f34rK00

Did they mention money was withdrawn at Royal Adelaide Hospital?

I checked the recording.
"We can confirm now that Khandylese and Karlie were killed in mid to late December 2008 and the last reported sighting was in Charnwood in Canberra"

Came here in a bit of shock that this can happen so close to home .i live in elizabeth right next to salisbury two of the places mentioned in the police press conference . Im racking my brains if i know a woman in a wheelchair

maybe just a "borrowed" a wheelchair :moo:

Wow! This is SHOCKING... Hope all those involved get caught and ROT IN HELL!

I wonder why they stopped using her phone in mid 2011? Apparently the Centrelink payments were stopped at that time - but that doesn't necessarily explain why her phone was not used from then, unless once the payments were stopped, the game was up so they got rid of the phone. If not, I wonder if it was no longer used because of a change of circumstances, ie, whoever was using it was imprisoned and therefore couldn't use it anymore.

maybe just a "borrowed" a wheelchair :moo:

I think it was an actual woman who was (and possibly still is) in a wheelchair. Didn't he say something about a woman going to hospital posing as Karlie (or something like that?)

Well what utter scum, and yet again we see people murdered for their centerlink payments and it going undetected for years.

I think it was an actual woman who was (and possibly still is) in a wheelchair. Didn't he say something about a woman going to hospital posing as Karlie (or something like that?)
Going to go check it out the video again

He said the RAH was one of the ATMs hat was used to withdraw money from her account.
Every ATM has CCTV.

I think he mentioned that Karlies bank account was closed in 2015? I wonder if it was soon after Khandaylce was found in the suitcase?

I think he mentioned that Karlies bank account was closed in 2015? I wonder if it was soon after Khandaylce was found in the suitcase?
He said it was closed because of inactivity

They said her card was used at the royal adelaide hospital

I couldn't remember ... I was so flabbergastered by what he was saying. If her card was used at the hospital and she fronted up to the Credit Union in a wheelchair, there's a good chance she had to go to the hospital for a reason I would think.

I can't believe anyone would be so brazen, and I can't believe they would think they would get away with it indefinitely. I'm wondering if it's instigated by a man and his girlfriend is the accomplice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phenomanon