AUS - Khandalyce Kiara Pearce (Wynarka) and mum Karlie Pearce-Stevenson (Belanglo) #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm personally thinking she met someone while working or travelling and it went bad. Her car could have broken down and she needed to hitchhike. He could have attacked her whilst on drugs, or something like that. Maybe he killed Khandalyce in a rage, and then killed Karlie whilst she was trying to protect Khandalyce. I wouldn't be surprised if the murder already had a wife or girlfriend, and the wife/girlfriend knew about it but was too frightened to come forward. As far as the different disposal sites - who knows? Could be any number of scenarios. I do think however, the murder had to quickly get rid of Khandalyce's remains, due to a change in circumstances, which then led to the suitcase being deposited in a hurried manner near the side of the road.

In any case, I do hope they arrest whoever is responsible and Karlie and Khandalyce get some justice - not that it will bring their lives back, but it may prevent it happening to someone else and bring some closure at least.

It depends where (what time zone) they are doing the update. SA is 1/2 an hour behind NSW. So if the update is due at 2pm SA time, it will be broadcast at 2:30pm Sydney time. However, if they're doing it from NSW at 2:00pm, that would make it 1:30PM SA time. All very confusing.

Thing is - Sydney tweet said 2pm which makes it 1.30 in Adelaide.........Adelaide tweet said 2.30 which makes it 3pm in Sydney - Go figure

Thing is - Sydney tweet said 2pm which makes it 1.30 in Adelaide.........Adelaide tweet said 2.30 which makes it 3pm in Sydney - Go figure

And I am in the U.S., so I'm really confused!

Just watched seven news 2pm aest and it wasn't mentioned. If that helps for those in other areas.

Ah ... now I get you. In that case ... :banghead:

The first call (1267), on October 8, "nominated Khandalyce as possibly being the little girl in the suitcase".
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-10-...ed-breakthrough-in-suitcase-girl-case/6873196

Only days before 2 October this article published which included pictures of the clothing of both presumably unknown victims.

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/little-gi...tim-of-wynarkas-homicide-20150923-gjt1ah.html

South Australian-based detectives believe the girl found in Wynarka was killed between 2007 and 2009 before she was put in the suitcase and dumped on the side of Karoonda Highway....

The case has similarities to the discovery of a girl's skeleton in NSW's Belanglo State Forest in 2010.....

Detectives have gone back to the Commonwealth agencies and asked them to widen the search criteria.
These names will be cross-referenced against state records and some will be eliminated from the investigation quickly. Door knocking will be the last resort, police don't want to cause unnecessary panic.

Inspector Hutchins said immunity from prosecution could be on the table for those not directly involved in murder of the Wynarka child.
"If you're on the periphery of this crime, come to us before we come to you," he said. "There is things we can offer, like immunity."
Until someone's conscience prompts them to come forward, both the girl in the suitcase and the girl in Belanglo State Forest will remain nameless.

Police have been down many avenues to identify this girl, including those never explored by NSW homicide investigators before........

“The female’s teeth show signs of dental work typical of Western dentistry and commonly carried out in Australia, but so far we’ve been unable to match them with dental records,” he said.
“If we receive information to point us in the direction of who she might be, we would be in a position to confirm her identity through dental records.”

http://www.news.com.au/national/pol...glo-state-forest/story-e6frfkvr-1226212134175

He said it was a "miracle" that police were able to find "ante-mortem" samples, or blood samples collected from both mother and daughter at birth and stored in medical record systems.
"That allows you to positively identify one set of remains to a person whose DNA was collected before they were killed," professor Austin said.
"We now move onto a different phase [in] the investigation where we will look at the clothing in the suitcase and the suitcase itself to see if there is some DNA profiles there that might prove useful for the police in their investigation," he said......
"We may get a result, it is certainly not guaranteed."

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-10-22/forensic-team-searches-wynarka-suitcase-for-dna/6874714

Reading the 2 October article in hindsight I do think LE had made the link.

Police to reveal update in relation to murders of mum and young daughter

by Shanee Dobeson on October 27, 2015 12:22 pm

POLICE have announced that they will hold a press conference this afternoon, revealing new details relating to the horrifying murders of Karlie Pearce-Stevenson and Khandalyce Pearce.

On October 21 police made a breakthrough in two suspected murder investigations in New South Wales and South Australia, identifying ‘Angel’ and the ‘child in a suitcase’ as a young mother and her daughter.

Following the revelation, joint investigation was launched by SAPOL’s Major Crime Branch and the NSW Homicide Squad, with assistance from police in the Northern Territory and ACT.

The circumstances and place of the murders is yet to be determined.

Several homes in the ACT and South Australia have been searched by police, with reports a serial killer who is already serving time behinds bars for other criminal offences in New South Wales named as a suspect.

South Australia Police will address media around 2.30pm this afternoon.

Well hopefully that means seeing as it's now 2:23 Sydney time - it's either in 10 minutes of so, or if SA time, in another half an hour or so.

One of the articles reported that the prison suspect was taken away for interviewing in a minimum security prison issued jumpsuit but returned to prison after interview in a maximum security jumpsuit .

Can you supply a link for that please Hbayne? I haven't seen any mention of a security jumpsuit.

YAY

[video=twitter;658834048614277120]https://twitter.com/ErinBouda/status/658834048614277120[/video]

Can you supply a link for that please Hbayne? I haven't seen any mention of a security jumpsuit.

Makara I can't find the article now. Only one about him being in minimum security since his arrest in 2013 and his move to maximum security after being interviewed. I can cop and paste but don't know how to link ??? I'm very non tech savvy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jadeeire