AUS - Khandalyce Kiara Pearce (Wynarka) and mum Karlie Pearce-Stevenson (Belanglo) #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the information released has been very strategic of the police.. They must be hot on their tail... probably have them under surveillance, just seeing if anymore information will surface.

The persons responsible would be scared , i believe alot of the released info leaves no doubt in the perps mind that the police know it is them..

A man was with the woman in the wheelchair so was she being scammed as well. Was he there making sure wheelchair woman did what she was supposed to do? Was she a pensioner in a vulnerable position doing what they told her....were they her carers?
:thinking:

Don't think pensioner due to the age. It must of been a young woman. But maybe still the females carer? Someone vunerable possibly?

Also I'm confused about how someone could of spoken to the mother and deceived her into thinking it was her daughter. But how can all of that be confirmed or questioned as the mother of Karlie is deceased. I really agree that someone who knew Karlie well is involved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gotta say, I agree a truck driver is rather unlikely.
Just spoke to someone in the transport industry . Hes a diesel mechanic and there were times hed be called out to help some truck driver stuck interstate . He'd drive a company "fleet" vehicle which was usually a 4wd . He was based in adelaide but he would travel out to where the trucks in the company would travel . Not saying this happened but its worth keeping it as an option .

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Just spoke to someone in the transport industry . Hes a diesel mechanic and there were times hed be called out to help some truck driver stuck interstate . He'd drive a company "fleet" vehicle which was usually a 4wd . He was based in adelaide but he would travel out to where the trucks in the company would travel . Not saying this happened but its worth keeping it as an option .

Good point. But nowadays don't most company vehicles like that have GPS on them? I know a bloke who has a work van and he is constantly monitored. They actually ring him if his van isn't on a scheduled route. If he's not where he's supposed to be, he's hauled up in front of the boss to explain his whereabouts. Also, I don't know how that would work - he'd only go to X because of a call out, he wouldn't have much freedom of movement I wouldn't have thought.

Re the truck driver theories, it's always possible this does involve someone who's worked in the transport industry, but it doesn't really make sense that the NSW parts of this crime were committed while someone was driving an interstate truck - long distance travel of the sort we're seeing really isn't at all unusual for people living in remote/regional Australia anyway (especially 20 somethings, or people who are into cars & recreational driving to begin with). When it takes 30 mins to drive from your house to the end of your driveway to get your mail, or it's an overnight trip to check your back fenceline, you can get a very different perspective on distance

Re Belanglo specifically, the trucks going to the quarry would be tippers or truck & dogs that do local work, they don't tend to do interstate runs unless they've just been bought/are being delivered to a work site.

http://www.salesandauctions.com.au/user_images/3216375.jpg

The trucks that do work the interstate routes, like semi's, B-doubles & road trains, would be pretty unlikely to be taken into a Belanglo fire trail at all & certainly not without attracting a massive amount of attention - not even if they dropped their trailer first & drove in bobtail.

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/yFKufZ54DlM/hqdefault.jpg

If they did attempt it bobtail while they were on an Adelaide>Canberra run, they'd also have to find somewhere to safely leave their trailer while they drove into the forest & that would draw even more attention - it'd be noticed by every other truck/off work driver passing by because it would be such unusual behaviour (it's a good way to get your trailer stolen).

There are a LOT of trucks in this area of NSW, nearby Sutton Forest has a MASSIVE truck stop & many locals work in the interstate, intrastate & tipper industries (& there are lots of coal truck drivers from the mines around the Southern Highlands/Wollondilly/Wingecarribee/Illawarra too)

- someone in the industry would know this & I don't think they'd take the risk.

If they're an interstate driver they'd have to risk taking their very identifiable truck where it didn't belong & would instantly attract attention from the logging & quarry drivers. If they were a local logging or quarry driver they either had to take their truck into the forest at a time it didn't belong there to avoid attracting the attention of their workmates OR risk transferring Karlie from another vehicle to their truck so they could take the even worse risk of trying to get her up that fire trail during their work hours.

I mean, crazier stuff has happened, but IF there's a truck driver involved in this, IMO he had to have access to a car for Belanglo, I just can't see a driver risking it in a far more obvious & easily identifiable truck - & I'm not sure a semi could even access the fire trails without getting stuck, which is not something you'd want to risk under these circumstances.
BBM

Like, for example, a commodore station wagon that he stole from the young lady he killed and is going to dump in the forest?

except Fruity - car has reportedly been located by police and new owners cleared.

Good point. But nowadays don't most company vehicles like that have GPS on them? I know a bloke who has a work van and he is constantly monitored. They actually ring him if his van isn't on a scheduled route. If he's not where he's supposed to be, he's hauled up in front of the boss to explain his whereabouts. Also, I don't know how that would work - he'd only go to X because of a call out, he wouldn't have much freedom of movement I wouldn't have thought.
Very good point . Thank you

except Fruity - car has reportedly been located by police and new owners cleared.

It has now, but isn't the argument that a trucker wouldn't have taken his truck into the forest to dump the body in 2008?

If a trucker is responsible he could have easily used her car to drive into the forest, then sold it. Just IMO.

It has now, but isn't the argument that a trucker wouldn't have taken his truck into the forest to dump the body in 2008?

If a trucker is responsible he could have easily used her car to drive into the forest, then sold it. Just IMO.
Great thinking .

I don't think it's been located has it? The police have (as far as I'm aware) managed to trace the ownership, I imagine through Roads & Maritime Services, but they haven't yet physically found the car and are still trying to establish (or know, but aren't saying) who the registered owner originally got the vehicle from. (I'm starting to confuse myself!) :doh:

So if we're pretty much ruling out a truck driver, where does that leave us? Why would there be so much driving activity? Anyone got any ideas?

Re the truck driver theories, it's always possible this does involve someone who's worked in the transport industry, but it doesn't really make sense that the NSW parts of this crime were committed while someone was driving an interstate truck - long distance travel of the sort we're seeing really isn't at all unusual for people living in remote/regional Australia anyway (especially 20 somethings, or people who are into cars & recreational driving to begin with). When it takes 30 mins to drive from your house to the end of your driveway to get your mail, or it's an overnight trip to check your back fenceline, you can get a very different perspective on distance

Re Belanglo specifically, the trucks going to the quarry would be tippers or truck & dogs that do local work, they don't tend to do interstate runs unless they've just been bought/are being delivered to a work site.

http://www.salesandauctions.com.au/user_images/3216375.jpg

The trucks that do work the interstate routes, like semi's, B-doubles & road trains, would be pretty unlikely to be taken into a Belanglo fire trail at all & certainly not without attracting a massive amount of attention - not even if they dropped their trailer first & drove in bobtail.

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/yFKufZ54DlM/hqdefault.jpg

If they did attempt it bobtail while they were on an Adelaide>Canberra run, they'd also have to find somewhere to safely leave their trailer while they drove into the forest & that would draw even more attention - it'd be noticed by every other truck/off work driver passing by because it would be such unusual behaviour (it's a good way to get your trailer stolen).

There are a LOT of trucks in this area of NSW, nearby Sutton Forest has a MASSIVE truck stop & many locals work in the interstate, intrastate & tipper industries (& there are lots of coal truck drivers from the mines around the Southern Highlands/Wollondilly/Wingecarribee/Illawarra too)

- someone in the industry would know this & I don't think they'd take the risk.

If they're an interstate driver they'd have to risk taking their very identifiable truck where it didn't belong & would instantly attract attention from the logging & quarry drivers. If they were a local logging or quarry driver they either had to take their truck into the forest at a time it didn't belong there to avoid attracting the attention of their workmates OR risk transferring Karlie from another vehicle to their truck so they could take the even worse risk of trying to get her up that fire trail during their work hours.

I mean, crazier stuff has happened, but IF there's a truck driver involved in this, IMO he had to have access to a car for Belanglo, I just can't see a driver risking it in a far more obvious & easily identifiable truck - & I'm not sure a semi could even access the fire trails without getting stuck, which is not something you'd want to risk under these circumstances.

Re Karlie's final trip to Belanglo:

I agree, it would be as simpler to use Karlie's car as transport to Belanglo from the ACT (either alive or deceased)

They may also have had their own mode of transport (eg, truck, 4WD, etc) and used Karlie's bank account after Karlie's car was re-registered in NSW (year?).

Maybe the reason Karlie's car was sold in the first place was because they realised it would connect them to Karlie's (and, possibly Khandalyce's) murder(s) if they kept it. Quite frankly would have been smarter from a forensic POV to dispose of, or destroy, Karlie's car.

Some aspects of these crimes make me think that there is more than one level of intelligence at play here. They seem to exhibit some fairly sophisticated moves and some very dumb ones.

Panda -

Dont worry- even I am getting a little confused - my hat goes off to LE for even making heads and tails of it all!

But you are correct!

I didn't think the car had been found only the person who took ownership of it after it was in Karlie's name.

The 1996 red or maroon VL Holden Commodore had been registered in the Northern Territory but was transferred to someone’s name in NSW after she vanished. Detectives have spoken to the person who took ownership of the car and ruled that person out of the investigation but say it has led to several strong leads. They are yet to locate the car.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...580183506?sv=630f0c1186ae732b747d7fc973600fe4

Here's that link again. http://abr.business.gov.au/SearchByA...bn=94740016021

STEVENSON, KARLIE JADE
ABN status: Cancelled from 30 Sep 2015
Entity type: Individual/Sole Trader
Goods & Services Tax (GST): Not currently registered for GST
Main business location: SA 5116

Trading name(s)
Trading name
KP EXPLORATION DRILLING 01 Jan 2011
ABN last updated: 02 Oct 2015

http://abr.business.gov.au/SearchByA...bn=94740016021

Sorry - have skipped most of this thread due to lack of time to read it, but just wanted to comment on the above abn registration.

Imagine this being set up by one of the people involved in the fraud. They use Karlie's name, and the business name it is registered under could refer to KP (Karlie Pearce) and the Exploration Drilling could refer to their defrauding of her bank account. I wonder if they set this up at the beginning of 2011 so that they could continue to accept funds due to Karlie Stephenson, but in a business account in the name of KP Exploration Drilling? The bank would accept the funds in the individual name, but whoever set up the business account would be able to access them?​

Was there a Visa card attached to the account? Signature?

I thought you had to open account under the business name register. So, you must have a bank account name "KP Exploration Drilling"

I dont think you can use your personal name account for an registered business, or that could be partnership

In saying that, if you have an account under "KP Drilling Exploration" maybe you have a drill rig or 4WD for water bores or similar?

Living next to racecourse may be involved with racing industry.

To go to Blengalo forest on a camping trip, you would have motorbikes? Blengalo is plantation forest? I wouldnt go camping in a plantation forest with no motorbike. There is more aesthetically pleasing places and waking up with Millat at the zipper pointing a shotgun not my cup of tea

Pay Pass/Wave wasn't introduced until the last couple of years in Australia.

So if we're pretty much ruling out a truck driver, where does that leave us? Why would there be so much driving activity? Anyone got any ideas?

Not saying lest I be rapped on the knuckles by Makara!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
centinel