AUS - Khandalyce Kiara Pearce (Wynarka) and mum Karlie Pearce-Stevenson (Belanglo) #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think HP is still going to spend many years in jail even if she does fully cooperate, the best she can hope for is a reduction in her sentence, she's pure evil for what she did .. to profit from the murder of a young girl like Karlie, and to cover that up along with the murder of a precious two year old is horrific, it's scary that she managed to get away with it for so long.

Agree - Australia's not big on "immunity". The only thing that will work remotely in favour in reducing a sentence, is co-operating.

I think someone posted in the other thread, they thought it was strange she was seen talking to a lawyer in a park? I don't find that unusual at all, I would think they just wanted some privacy and were trying to get away from the throng and not have too much attention drawn to them.

Maybe the lawyer's office isn't wheelchair accessible.

Thankyou to the timelining sleuthers... terrific work, and again, when I read them over, it is striking that this long distance , and I do mean long distance driving took place, by the debit card extractions, during the hottest summer months in the hottest area of the hottest driest continent.

It could not have been driving for pleasure, whoever was doing it.. it had to be business, and business of a kind that required travel by private car with a stolen bank card, to boot, not the usual kind of meandering around the big sky desert country, in places where there is only one road, and that not a freeway .... hard driving and there is no mention so far of what sort of vehicle he/she/they were using at that time....

Either they were good mechanics or they had enough money to be driving a late model car, in good nick, otherwise there would be unplanned delays in inconvenient places....

I still don't know what Holdom was in prison for ... I know he was arrested at Cessnock Police station but it had been hinted that he was already in prison during these investigations, and bought to Cessnock for questioning and arrest.. <modsnip>

agh.. I just remembered that it probably wont be made public due to any perception of bias in an upcoming trial. * staggers off to more coffee*

Agree - Australia's not big on "immunity". The only thing that will work remotely in favour in reducing a sentence, is co-operating.

If she co-operates, was under coercion at times from Holdom and she hasn't actually killed anyone, I think they'll aim maybe for much of her sentence to be home detention... ankle bracelet, regular phone contact, close supervision?

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/... Mail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=editorial

Karlie Pearce-Stevenson’s alleged killer Daniel Holdom in car crash which killed two children

While Ms Passmore was recovering in hospital, Holdom is believed to have developed a romantic relationship with Ms Pearce-Stevenson, before allegedly killing her in Belanglo State Forest.

The crash occurred on Stuart Highway in South Australia at about 10pm on September 15, three months before Ms Pearce-Stevenson died.

Both mother and daughter met violent deaths but sustained different types of injuries, sources said.

Pics of little Khandalyce and HP.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/... Mail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=editorial

Karlie Pearce-Stevenson’s alleged killer Daniel Holdom in car crash which killed two children

While Ms Passmore was recovering in hospital, Holdom is believed to have developed a romantic relationship with Ms Pearce-Stevenson, before allegedly killing her in Belanglo State Forest.

The crash occurred on Stuart Highway in South Australia at about 10pm on September 15, three months before Ms Pearce-Stevenson died.

Both mother and daughter met violent deaths but sustained different types of injuries, sources said.

Pics of little Khandalyce and HP.

Great guy huh, flips the car which kills your two children and leaves you a paraplegic, then instantly hooks up with someone else.

BBM: New info there ..

It was originally said in MSM that police believe TWO women and a man were involved in the fraud using Karlie's ID. So we have DJH and HP (who is woman in wheelchair). Maybe the other woman is whoever Khandles was left with while Karlie was killed (HP still being in hospital at the time)

It was originally said in MSM that police believe TWO women and a man were involved in the fraud using Karlie's ID. So we have DJH and HP (who is woman in wheelchair). Maybe the other woman is whoever Khandles was left with while Karlie was killed (HP still being in hospital at the time)

That would have to be someone with a home in Canberra IMO. For all we know it was a love quadrangle.

I think HP is still going to spend many years in jail even if she does fully cooperate, the best she can hope for is a reduction in her sentence, she's pure evil for what she did .. to profit from the murder of a young girl like Karlie, and to cover that up along with the murder of a precious two year old is horrific, it's scary that she managed to get away with it for so long.

Do we KNOW she was profiting from this murder? It's looking that way but has it been stated she definitely was? Do we know for sure that she received any of the money? Just wondering how much contact she had with DH afterwards.
Playing devils advocate here but say she was in hospital until after Xmas and knew nothing of the relationship or the murders... maybe he even murdered Karlie because she was due to get out of hospital and didn't want her to know? Could he have set this up out of guilt for the car accident and to provide for HP and surviving child?
It is obvious she knew Karlie and Khandalyce but those photos in the media are from a car show in Darwin prior to the accident. The car accident happened on the Stuart Highway and they were obviously closest to Alice Springs hospital as they were airlifted there so its possible they could have been driving back to SA from Darwin. Karlie hadn't even left for SA then had she?
Also, do we know for sure she had her leg amputated back then? Could have been from ongoing problems since the accident. My mother was left paraplegic from a car accident and I know that rehab can be long and issues can be ongoing. Also, for those wondering how much she was capable of, disabilities like these do not necessarily render the person an invalid. They are often capable of leading very normal lives, and with modifications to vehicles can quite often still drive.

BTW Puggle, I think I know where you were going with the StrandBags timeline question and wondered if Karlie had been murdered earlier also and her body just left at Belanglo. I guess "it will all come out in the wash".

That would have to be someone with a home in Canberra IMO. For all we know it was a love quadrangle.

I hope that this isn't going to sink into a story of 'sister - wives' right there in Canberra, Mrs G.. that would be hard to take on top of all the rest in this outrageous and incomprehensible violence for the ease of access to a single mothers pension payment....

If she co-operates, was under coercion at times from Holdom and she hasn't actually killed anyone, I think they'll aim maybe for much of her sentence to be home detention... ankle bracelet, regular phone contact, close supervision?

I wouldn't even speculate at this stage - there are way too many variables to take into consideration, of which we're not privy to. Not only any perceived crimes that may have been allegedly committed, but the legal team, precedents, fear of appeal from the prosecution if a light sentence was given, public expectation, the Judge on the day ... the list goes on.

IMO I would consider the motive of murder of both victims is likely related to money especially considering the following which I do not condone by any means. -

DEATH Karlie was murdered between December 14 and 15, 2008
- 23 days after last transaction but only 1 or 2 days after murder
16/12/2008 Charnwood (Canberra)

So if the little one was being minded elsewhere, there could have been a demand for the child allowance funds and a new girlfriend jealously refused.

The fraud would also fall into the same category - child welfare payments - eg 'I deserve them'.

Then the continuation of the fraud becomes the lie by omission story. The time that Khandy is murdered will be telling as to the reason behind her 'disposal'.

Hi Trooper, good to see you out and about again. :loveyou:

Maybe the other woman had cared for both children Khandalyce and <modsnip> while HP was in hospital for more than 3 months?

I hope that this isn't going to sink into a story of 'sister - wives' right there in Canberra, Mrs G.. that would be hard to take on top of all the rest in this outrageous and incomprehensible violence for the ease of access to a single mothers pension payment....

HA!! You made me laugh out loud .. yes, let's not hope it sinks to that level. It's interesting the Canberra connection however. I think whoever he visited over there when Karlie died would know a whole lot about her murder, and may have looked after Khandalyce while it happened, and knows what happened to her too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FindIreneFlemingWAState