AUS - Khandalyce Kiara Pearce (Wynarka) and mum Karlie Pearce-Stevenson (Belanglo) #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe he had the card like serial killers keep trophies

Well, I can see a lot's gone on since I logged in yesterday. It will take me some time to catch up.

Maybe they thought he might sometime present himself as Karlie? I mean it isn't impossible a guy would use the diminutive version of the name if he got used to it as a nickname.

What is far more likely is they found him sketchy as hell, did the obvious and easy checks like whether the card had been reported stolen or belonged to a person known to be missing, didn't have a lot of time to go fishing into details of it all (maybe they got a call to attend an accident or something?) and thought destroying the card was a darn good compromise.

I just find that whole card destroying scenario weird, but then the police have never looked in my wallet.

IMO , what was the name on the card, was it only K.J.Pearce on it ? if it did he could very well use it for identification , especially if the other documentation had just K.J.Pearce. wasn't the ABN , In K.J.Pearce
?

I just find that whole card destroying scenario weird, but then the police have never looked in my wallet.
I have never known police to look through wallets etc.......at least not for a routine traffic violation....

IN MY OPINION , i bet Karlies other identification was in the plastic bag that the solicitor took to the police station ?

Maybe they thought he might sometime present himself as Karlie? I mean it isn't impossible a guy would use the diminutive version of the name if he got used to it as a nickname.

What is far more likely is they found him sketchy as hell, did the obvious and easy checks like whether the card had been reported stolen or belonged to a person known to be missing, didn't have a lot of time to go fishing into details of it all (maybe they got a call to attend an accident or something?) and thought destroying the card was a darn good compromise.

Maybe when he was applying for store credit with his KP drilling ABN... ID a bank card that says K Pearce Stevenson i dunno..

All of the ABN's that I've seen so far have been Sole Traders/Individuals - IMO from that there would not be a business relationship linking them together.

If there was a partnership or business name that we haven't seen, it's possible. I would think unlikely though.

Although given the identities we know he used I think it is quite likely he and his associates / partners could have used names we don't know as well. I still can't help thinking that this is very organised fraud and the apparent illogical (sometimes dumb) actions of individuals could be orchestrated by a clever behind the scenes group or individual that we don't know about yet. I know, I know...it sounds like I'm looking for zebras LOL

I have never known police to look through wallets etc.......at least not for a routine traffic violation....

Me either. I was once pulled over at about 3am because police noticed there was arterial spray all over the left side and back of my car. They asked a few questions but did not go through my wallet or car or anything.

That's what I'm thinking, it was a trophy of some kind.

The sensible explanation to police when questioned about having an expired card in someone else's name would be that you kept it for sentimental reasons.

When a card is about to expire then a bank / credit union will usually send out a new card.

Question: where was the new [current] card at this time? Who had it? (OR had it been posted to an old address?)

Keeping an expired card can be a way of providing some evidence of entitlement to a fresh card.

Edit: this was supposed to be in response to Freddo Frog's comment above suggesting that the expired card could be a trophy of some kind.

If the driver was suspected of being under the influence of a substance they will...or thought there was stolen property in the vehicle

"Police can also search you and your car if they have reasonable grounds to suspect that:
it may have been used in connection with a serious offence
it contains stolen goods or unlawfully obtained goods
it contains prohibited drugs
it contains items used for the commission of an offence
there are circumstances in a public place or school likely to give rise to a serious risk to public safety
they suspect that someone in the car is wanted for arrest.

Link - http://www.legalaid.nsw.gov.au/publications/factsheets-and-resources/police-powers

maybe whats why the lady in the wheel chair went to the bank , to up date address etc , plus , remember that the bank changed names , IMO , DJH , may have had the new card as IMO , it was the card that the police destroyed .
When a card is about to expire then a bank / credit union will usually send out a new card.

Question: where was the new [current] card at this time? Who had it? (OR had it been posted to an old address?)

If anyone wants to go back to re-read exactly what Professor Austin said about the DNA testing he was conducting - what is possible, and what is not possible in the Wynarka bones forensic examination - I recommend reading this interview with him.
As it is primary source material, it carries a much greater weight of credibility than secondary reporting.

http://www.abc.net.au/pm/content/2015/s4306466.htm

JEREMY AUSTIN: Where we can actually load up the DNA reference samples for all missing people so that when a set of remains is found, we've actually got a database to do a comparison to straight away, rather than having to go out and ask people to buy DNA samples for particular cases.

Karlie Pearce Stevenson was not on the missing persons list BUT Angel unknown deceased person DNA would certainly have been in the police databases. imo
I just have a gut feeling the link of Wynarka and Belangalo were made by LE and caller 1267 had info that has seen the case explode.

Investigators said while finding a suspect's DNA on clothing and a suitcase, which were found near two-year-old Khandalyce Kiara Pearce's remains, may be possible "it is certainly not guaranteed"

Creating the DNA profile was a difficult task given the bones are believed to be about eight to nine years old and had degraded over that time.

"It was interesting because the bones themselves weren't bleached, so it didn't look like they have been out in the sun for a great period of time. They weren't dirty, so they didn't look like they had been buried. So it was surprising the level of degradation that we saw."

We now move onto a different phase on the investigation where we will look at the clothing in the suitcase and the suitcase itself to see if there is some DNA profiles there that might prove useful for the police in their investigation.

"The clothing has been in that suitcase for quite some period of time. We know that it has been spilt out into the open environment," Mr Pearman said.

"The sort of DNA we are looking at typically is called contact DNA so there is not much there to begin with and then being out in the environment just erodes away the amount of DNA we have to work with.

"We may get a result, it is certainly not guaranteed."

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-10-2...or-dna/6874714

Yeah that's what I'm finding now too.

I'm hoping to find the other part about the clothing quoted in one of the old threads. I've found a few things that have changed in MSM as more details have been released by police.

editing to add:

Here it is - no wonder I remembered it, I was the one who posted it!

Post 164

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-Stevenson-(Belanglo)&p=12131288#post12131288

Read more at http://www.9news.com.au/national/201...3qRIIyCgZDO.99

Yeah as we've seen elsewhere, journalists aren't immune to problems with mis-connecting the dots (eg the "convicted paedophile DH" cited earlier)

can police ask the media to not film them ? if so , i wonder why they have not asked the media to "go"IMO , or are they hoping that the media will get some sort of info from them , strange , so strange

Media pelted with eggs at home of woman questioned in double-murder case

Journalists staking out the house of an Adelaide woman questioned over the alleged murders of Karlie Pearce-Stevenson and her daughter, Khandalyce Pearce, have been pelted with eggs by her boyfriend.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-10-...-in-karlie-and-khandalyce-murder-case/6901598

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopysnoop