AUS - Khandalyce Kiara Pearce (Wynarka) and mum Karlie Pearce-Stevenson (Belanglo) #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
oh $25 thou... in 2008, the population of Alice Springs was around 26,000... of those 14,000 were clients of Centrelink... I don't know who this bloke thinks he is kidding... .. there would be lots of grim smiles in Alice Springs at the thought of $25,000 gathered up and handed over to Karlie.... I don't think so, peoples.

But the scenario is set whereby the police are turning their beady and often cranky eyes on drug runners, users, peripheral participants, and making life awkward on the Stuart Highway, the Sturt Highway, the Hume Freeway, the Princess Highway , the Pacific Highway and all points north , east and west of the Alice.. so someone will be highly irritated, no doubt... .. Consequences will ensue.

March 2008 there were 14 101 Centrelink and Job Network clients
in the Alice Springs and Central Australia regions (5743 Job Network and 8438 Centerlink recipients. )

http://www.nt.gov.au/d/Content/File/p/rd/Alice/AEPweb.pdf

This mysterious $ 25,000 stake entrusted to Karlie for the purpose of scooting down the Stuart to Adelaide and back , laden with buckets of hash is the equivalent of someone entrusting Karlie, an 18 yr old Karlie, travelling with a little baby, if this was Melbourne, with $4,000,000.00( 4 million dollars) to make a drug run to Sydney and back.

It just doesn't fly.

It is a fantasy, an exaggeration, an urban myth, the product of undiscerning imagination.

Yikes, the latest reports about Karlie being a drug mule haven't been proven and the source sounds a little bit suspicious to me. Anyone can say anything, it doesn't mean it's true! Karlie is dead, she cannot speak up and tell us that this is a blatant lie. In this situation, who benefits the most from tarnishing the reputation of a murder victim?

It's like me contacting the media and saying I'm in the loop and Karlie was murdered because she found out about the drugs or refused to be a part of it and was killed in rage because of her reaction/because she knew too much.

Anything is possible here. Anything.

This story is quite damaging and will result in DH's lawyers smiling and rubbing their hands together in glee, because they want the public to stop feeling as sorry as they do for Karlie. A lot of people will think, 'well, she was asking for trouble, what a horrible person for getting her daughter mixed up in this'.

Victim blaming is easy to do when someone isn't around to defend themselves.

I am guessing this world is very foreign to almost everyone in here, the $25,000 is not as far fetched as it seems.

It occurs to me, perhaps the informant is the one who stole $25,000 in cash from his drug network and he's trying to blame it on Karlie.

I am guessing this world is very foreign to almost everyone in here, the $25,000 is not as far fetched as it seems.

She takes a packet to someone, they pay her, she drives back with the money, keeps driving past Alice to SA and never goes back.

It's all rather unfortunate, isn't it. However, the evidence doesn't lie, nor does the fact that the accused had a history with Karlie. The evidence suggests her death was carried out with great emotion - you would think that a killing to enforce a bad drug debt would be more clinical in nature. They normally are, usually to send a message to others.

So the intimation she was killed for a $25k drug debt seems to be just a bit ridiculous.

Just like that other bit of info, about DH's state of mind and the type of person he was, was trickled out, possibly to paint a different picture, so too this bit of info may have been released for the same reason.

Older article about a fortnight ago.
Was the first mention of drug running I had seen in the media.

Police sources said yesterday they were not ruling out Karlie was doing odd jobs.
Or that Karlie may have been working with the underbelly of society - drug runners.
It seems wherever she traveled she had her child with her and they "did not think she was drawing social security benefits"

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...journey-to-abyss/story-e6frg6nf-1227580625047
Body in suitcase: Mum and baby’s journey to abyss
THE AUSTRALIAN OCTOBER 24, 2015 12:00AM

When did the informant ring crimestopper with all that knowledge? drug debt - drug running.
About 14 days ago. hmmm

Well the police sources were correct Karlie had not been receiving social security benefits since Dec 2008 it appears and neither had anyone else on her behalf since Jan 2011 when they were ceased due to issues.
imo

Or they did it together after HP was incapacitated, absconded with the payment together, then he freaked out and killed her and blamed it all on her as if he was never part of it.

Pretty much. My guess is he saw the pay from that run as *his* and getting Karlie to drive and cultivating a relationship with her was his workaround to keep getting that money. But the boss probably didn't see it that way, increasingly saw Karlie as the new driver (all her school friends say she was quick, enthusiastic and a team player) and DH as just having to do the first run with her to get her up to speed on what to do. Something happened during that trip, whether they had agreed to take the money and run away together or not, they fell out and it was obviously not going to be a long term relationship, DH was getting further and further from what he saw as his money. Karlie was just going to keep doing the runs and she was going to get paid for them and he'd get nothing. Or she was going to run away with it all and he'd get nothing, Sitting there as a passenger in the long hours of driving he gets more and more angry and resentful of Karlie, his boss, even of little Khandal who maybe represented Karlie's other priorities. So he hatches a plan, he comes up with some story that he thinks his boss will accept about how Karlie, Khandal and most or all of the drugs or money went missing.

This can be read so many ways. Did this person ring the media and say "Hey, this is what I just told Crimestoppers"?
Is there an attempt to insinuate that the two were robbed and killed for the cash?

Honestly ... WHAT THE ...

I thought it was trying to insinuate that she had absconded with the cash.

A world where your average tyer-offer-and-shooter-upperer , or stoner, or sniffer, hands over $25,000 ( in 2008 that had a lot of clout ) to a skinny 18yr old single mother with absolutely no clout anywhere, no backup, no record of capability of defending that $25,000 , with no pull with the police, with no mechanical skills to ensure the car makes it down and back, with the desire to see a woman break the glass ceiling of the drug running industry, or some such mad idea, is a world foreign to me, and to my unfortunate drug running and using buddies here in kind-hearted and pure Sydney.

Half those employed in Alice Springs would be the ones dishing out the unemployment benefits, some building public housing, supermarket workers, the rest police resources. That explains why Northern Territory gets such a large chunk of GST.

Ban alcohol in Alice Springs? Watch the town collapse?

oh $25 thou... in 2008, the population of Alice Springs was around 26,000... of those 14,000 were clients of Centrelink... I don't know who this bloke thinks he is kidding... .. there would be lots of grim smiles in Alice Springs at the thought of $25,000 gathered up and handed over to Karlie.... I don't think so, peoples.

But the scenario is set whereby the police are turning their beady and often cranky eyes on drug runners, users, peripheral participants, and making life awkward on the Stuart Highway, the Sturt Highway, the Hume Freeway, the Princess Highway , the Pacific Highway and all points north , east and west of the Alice.. so someone will be highly irritated, no doubt... .. Consequences will ensue.

March 2008 there were 14 101 Centrelink and Job Network clients
in the Alice Springs and Central Australia regions (5743 Job Network and 8438 Centerlink recipients. )

http://www.nt.gov.au/d/Content/File/p/rd/Alice/AEPweb.pdf

She takes a packet to someone, they pay her, she drives back with the money, keeps driving past Alice to SA and never goes back.

With that kind of money, no way would she be allowed to be doing it all by herself. There would be other people involved. For eg, often the money deliverer is a different person than the drug mule.

Sounds like police need to set up a permanent road inspection at Alice Springs with dogs at road and airport. Disguise it as a fruit inspection stop :thinking: Do you have any bananas on you today sir?

If this story has any credence at all, and $25,000 was entrusted to Karlie, then I guarantee that Karlie received no benefit whatsoever from its disappearance. Someone else benefited greatly, and with the greed for money in this case throughout, with what we already know, in the relation of fraud, bank account theft, false representations etc etc, it is not hard to surmise who may have applied that $25,000 elsewhere. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jennilynn321