AUS - Khandalyce Kiara Pearce (Wynarka) and mum Karlie Pearce-Stevenson (Belanglo) #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been thinking about the Lanza suitcase

http://www.9news.com.au/national/20...suitcase-involved-in-khandalyce-pearce-murder

If that suitcase was bought by Karlie, it could be possible that she handed over Khandalyce to somebody else to take care of her. For a while? Cause she couldn't take Khandalyce to Canberra (for whatever reason). Cause she had to work (maybe Hazel and Karlie used to watch each others kids?) and she had nobody to babysit Khandalyce.
because somone forced her to leave Khandalyce with another person?

It would make sense as to why she would have to buy a suitcase while already being on her way to Canberra. If she was going to arrive with Khandalyce in Canberra, there would have been no need to buy a suitcase in the middle of a trip. But there might have been a reason to do so if Khandalyce and Karlie were going seperate ways.

Furthermore I get the feeling (cause of the pictures taken in the Marion shopping centre by a third person), that Karlie might have been used to meet people in shopping centre's. Which seem logical if you don't have a permanent address. Like meet me on the 8th of November 1 pm at Marion shopping centre at McDonalds (just as an example).

Does anyone have a link that explicitly states a confirmed sighting of karlie and Khandalyce in Canberra? Are there only unconfirmed sightings?
Could it have been Karlie with another little child? Did she stay at a place where another 2 year old lived? And could she have been sighted with another child?

The thing that bugs me, is that if she was with Khandalyce till she was murdered. Why would anyone take the risk to transport Khandalyce (dead or alive) all the way to Whynarka? Adelaide?

And where was DH during all this? And where was HP's youngest child during all this?
Does anyone know?

I think the South East connections are going to be critical in determining where Khandles was left and who with.
I don't think she ever arrived in Canberra.

Im remaining open minded on HP for now. She most likely is involved but I also think it possible that she was in Rehab when Karlie and Khandalyce were killed. Upon being discharged DH simply told her they packed up and left and he then stashed their belongings at his sisters place to get rid of any evidence. Once DH and HP separated DH may have arranged for his sister to impersonate someone in a wheelchair to again cover his tracks and implicate HP if they separated on bad terms....... Just another perspective on it.

nail on head, Melsie :)

The reasons Police have Strike/Task Forces and name them are

1. they want the public and the perp to know there is a dedicated concentrated ongoing active investigation into what has been identified as a Major Crime and this investigation will not cease until an end is found. Also, usually only employed for Complex Organised Crime, not piffling stuff like domestic murders. Basically, a show of intention and force.

2. the Taskforce itself benefits - bonding - different detectives from different areas or departments are suddenly a team, working together for one goal. Very powerful. Detectives may even be from different areas in the same city, bought together, not necessarily interstate. But they become part of a defined team working on a Major Crime.

3. Its just easier to use around HQ, for example, oh he is working on Mallee, oh yes I see why he's not available etc. Easier for filing purposes, just easier all round to have a code name for a specialized operation.

Thanks for the info, Sapphire. I'm always willing to learn more about a topic. It helps my understanding.

She's already shown her acting skills in Centrelink and the bank...and what ham doesn't love an audience?

If it was HP, those incidents bother me greatly, especially if Khandalyce was no longer with us.

Her day of reckoning is on the horizon. If she is at the centre of all of this she's been in rehearsal for such moments for a long time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm trying to keep an open mind about HP but I am a seasoned 'people watcher' and, no matter how hard I try, she gets my spidey senses tingling. I don't feel them often but, when I do, I've learnt to trust them. I'm very rarely wrong.

Hmmmm....
I agree about her capability to wheel herself at speed however its possible she had her partner/carer along when visiting the police station to help dodge the journalist pack. From a sitting position she easily could have been hemmed in...not that I'm suggesting she would feel intimidated!
Yes I agree its very possible she could be manipulating the partner/carer, getting him revved up as her protector and showing his indignation while she maintains a calm coping motherly demeanour. Almost queenly!
It stinks to have kids exposed to that arena but its no worse than situations I see kids in everyday that are completely inappropriate and purely for the convenience of the adults responsible for them. What used to be parking kids outside pubs with a packet of chips and a raspberry lemonade waiting for parents in the car..... nowadays is things like being dragged along through traffic behind their parent in a fragile bike trailer, or babies held in contraptions (carseats, highchairs, bouncers, rockers etc) for hours at a time and never getting chance to stretch and bend their bodies and explore their environment.
Back on topic.... I think generational differences are at play in this instance too.

Overall I think shes feeling cocky...safe and in control because she has knowledge that's valued by LE. I'm guessing she's been reassured that if she plays the game all will go well for her...and she believes it.

Thanks, perky, I appreciate your thoughts. I agree with your points and especially relate to being parked on the polished granite steps leading up to the pub doors with a packet of Smiths' crisps and a lemon squash while Dad popped in for a quick schooner with his mates before dinner. Ahh...brings back pleasant memories. But I digress...

I agree with the entre into the police station but even her carer's actions seemed a little contrived. The media seemed to be keeping a respectful distance; albeit 'assaulting' her with questions (that's their job). Nevertheless, said carer started yelling at them and either took his hand off her chair (or close to it) causing it to veer to the right. He then berated the media for it. All the while, Madonna sat there serenely. I couldn't see the look on her child's face (it was pixellated and rightly so) but I can imagine it wasn't as happy as the ones my brother and I had while we were perched on the cool pub steps on a Summer evening enjoying our (rare) treats.

She does seem extremely cocky. Whether that's because she has had no part to play in concealing or committing a crime or crimes, or she is stupid enough to think she is smarter than the average bear, I don't know. I just know something about her doesn't sit right with me, despite what I know about the tragedy she has suffered.

http://www.9news.com.au/national/20...suitcase-involved-in-khandalyce-pearce-murder

If that suitcase was bought by Karlie, it could be possible that she handed over Khandalyce to somebody else to take care of her. For a while? Cause she couldn't take Khandalyce to Canberra (for whatever reason). Cause she had to work (maybe Hazel and Karlie used to watch each others kids?) and she had nobody to babysit Khandalyce.

It would make sense as to why she would have to buy a suitcase while already being on her way to Canberra. If she was going to arrive with Khandalyce in Canberra, there would have been no need to buy a suitcase in the middle of a trip. But there might have been a reason to do so if Khandalyce and Karlie were going seperate ways.

Furthermore I get the feeling (cause of the pictures taken in the Marion shopping centre by a third person), that Karlie might have been used to meet people in shopping centre's. Which seem logical if you don't have a permanent address. Like meet me on the 8th of November 1 pm at Marion shopping centre at McDonalds (just as an example).

Does anyone have a link that explicitly states a confirmed sighting of karlie and Khandalyce in Canberra? Are there only unconfirmed sightings?
Could it have been Karlie with another little child? Did she stay at a place where another 2 year old lived? And could she have been sighted with another child?

The thing that bugs me, is that if she was with Khandalyce till she was murdered. Why would anyone take the risk to transport Khandalyce (dead or alive) all the way to Whynarka? Adelaide?

And where was DH during all this? And where was HP's youngest child during all this?

Does anyone know?

BBM

23 October
The searched homes are believed to be connected with an unconfirmed sighting of the mother and daughter in the ACT in December 2008.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-10-23/police-search-homes-in-sa-canberra-mother-daughter/6879814

27 October
Det Supt Bray also confirmed Ms Pearce-Stevenson was last seen alive in Canberra in December 2008.
Police had previously reported she was last seen driving on the Stuart Highway near Coober Pedy in South Australia in November 2008.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-10-...dentity-stolen-phone-used-after-death/6888638

Personally I'm going to reserve judgement for a little while yet. Karlie most likely didn't live her life in a Bubble, where the only people she interacted with were HP and DH.

We don't know if HP,DH and Karlie all moved in a bigger circle of less desirable company... but if what has been alluded to in the recent MSM articles of possible drug running, coupled with the fact that Police don't believe Karlie was drawing on her Welfare payments in the past - Money was coming from someone....and I doubt it was from Hazel or Daniel.

As for attempting to analyse HP behaviour and that of her current partner ....it's all a bit subjective.

People don't always act or react to situations that are stressful or their unfamiliar with the way many may expect.

But you could be on the mark....not saying you aren't.

I'm trying very hard to do the same, pugs. I'm not a hard person, in fact, the opposite is true. I have sympathy for HP because of the tragedy she suffered (and the grief and disability she has been left with). Nevertheless, I have met (and been the victim of) quite a few shysters in my time because I am so soft-hearted and HP just rings the same warning bells.

I agree with you that Karlie didn't exist in a bubble where HP and DJH were the only other inhabitants but you have to admit their worlds collided (for whatever reason) and ended a few short months later with Karlie's and Khandalyce's violent deaths and an alleged windfall for them.

I am just an avid people-watcher, pugs. Offline, I am the person in the background keeping mostly silent whilst enjoying the ambience and the body language of people as they interact. (I do the same with animals :) )

I think I must be a frustrated behavioural scientist or a reincarnated detective (my maiden name is the same as a famous fictional detective, so my interest may be elementary, my dear Puggle).

Does anyone know?

Your thoughts are very interesting, Dutch. Thanks for taking the time to post them. I need a bit of time to read them over and think a little (head feels like it's full of cotton wool at the moment) but I think something similar has vaguely flitted through my mind before. It's still in there somewhere but right now I need a cuppa and to watch some fairy floss for the mind (B&B).

Of course, we have all only assumed that during her regular criss-cross country trips Karlie had Khandalyce with her.
Perhaps she was in the habit of leaving her daughter with friends and family while she drove all those long kilometres.
As many here have stated, a 2yo in a carseat for hours and hours is a horrible ordeal for both the driver and the child.

Oooh, and further to that idea...
If her preferred childcarer was HP, conveniently located at the mid point of her usual trips, perhaps, after the accident she needed to find someone else to care for Khandalyce during her trips.
Could that replacement child minder be in the south east area around Mt Gambier?

BBM

23 October
The searched homes are believed to be connected with an unconfirmed sighting of the mother and daughter in the ACT in December 2008.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-10-23/police-search-homes-in-sa-canberra-mother-daughter/6879814

27 October
Det Supt Bray also confirmed Ms Pearce-Stevenson was last seen alive in Canberra in December 2008.
Police had previously reported she was last seen driving on the Stuart Highway near Coober Pedy in South Australia in November 2008.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-10-...dentity-stolen-phone-used-after-death/6888638

Media reports seem to be conflicting in regards to the sighting of Karlie & Khandalyce in Canberra as being a confirmed or not confirmed sighting.

Its quite confusing & I'm still left wondering.

BBM​

Investigators revealed for the first time they believe the pair were murdered in mid-to-late December 2008, with the last confirmed sighting of mother and daughter at Charnwood in the ACT only a short time before disappearing.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/national/girl...hree-years-20151027-gkjx44.html#ixzz3rLQwKwjS
Follow us: @smh on Twitter | sydneymorningherald on Facebook

Media reports seem to be conflicting in regards to the sighting of Karlie & Khandalyce in Canberra as being a confirmed or not confirmed sighting.

Its quite confusing & I'm still left wondering.

Investigators revealed for the first time they believe the pair were murdered in mid-to-late December 2008, with the last confirmed sighting of mother and daughter at Charnwood in the ACT only a short time before disappearing.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/national/girl...hree-years-20151027-gkjx44.html#ixzz3rLQwKwjS
Follow us: @smh on Twitter | sydneymorningherald on Facebook

Yes very confusing symbah.
Which is why I linked the two from the ABC ... thought it a better comparison.
They were initially reporting mother and daughter seen then 5 days later they quoted ....... Des Bray confirmed Karlie was last seen alive in Canberra.

I'd listen to Bray rather than the ABC...

Anyway there's nothing to say HP wasn't the one Karlie left Khandalyce with.

In fact that fits better with the Wynarka dump.

Perhaps DH and Karlie went to ACT leaving Khandalyce with HP.

Direct from SAPOL:

The last known sighting of the pair was on Saturday, 8 November 2008 when Ms Pearce-Stevenson was driving on the Stuart Highway near Coober Pedy.

https://www.police.sa.gov.au/sa-pol...identified-along-with-her-mother#.VkV0SDahfUM

I'd listen to Bray rather than the ABC...

Anyway there's nothing to say HP wasn't the one Karlie left Khandalyce with.

In fact that fits better with the Wynarka dump.

Perhaps DH and Karlie went to ACT leaving Khandalyce with HP.

Direct from SAPOL:

The last known sighting of the pair was on Saturday, 8 November 2008 when Ms Pearce-Stevenson was driving on the Stuart Highway near Coober Pedy.

https://www.police.sa.gov.au/sa-pol...identified-along-with-her-mother#.VkV0SDahfUM

Anythings possible, but I'd imagine HP was still in the rehab facility at this time, recovering from the accident. If HP was not in rehab, then at the very least, with the injuries she sustained ... I doubt very much that she'd be in a position to care for Khandalyce.

Anythings possible, but I'd imagine HP was still in the rehab facility at this time, recovering from the accident. If HP was not in rehab, then at the very least, with the injuries she sustained ... I doubt very much that she'd be in a position to care for Khandalyce.

I agree. She would be neither physically or emotionally capable of coping with an extra toddler.

Even relatively simple tasks like changing a nappy or bathing a toddler are skills that require relearning to manage them from a wheelchair.

a woman went into a Centrelink branch at Salisbury in South Australia and falsely represented that she was Ms Pearce-Stevenson.
" And produced identity documents for herself and Khandalyce " Supt bray said.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/national/girl...e-in-90000-20151027-gkjpxi.html#ixzz3rLW9l8p9

IMO the identity documents involved the birth certificate of Khandalyce. What other identity docs would there be for a child of 4 (in 2010) . Something hinky here.

Also, I read (somewhere) that police said Karly was not drawing any Centrelink payments at the time of her disappearance in 2008.
[EDIT I have posted the quote down thread and paraphrased as is from a paywalled article]

So was this visit to Centrelink in 2010 to 'register' KP for single parent payment? If this is the case, why wait until 2010?

How did the birth certificate end up in the sisters house?

In 2010 the card was used at the Royal Adelaide hospital, as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SluethinAway