AUS - Khandalyce Kiara Pearce (Wynarka) and mum Karlie Pearce-Stevenson (Belanglo) #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Saphire, firstly I said "anything is possible".

Police have stated that Khandalyce's murder was extremely violent. I'm not sure that a murder of convenience would necessarily be of such a violent nature?

A bash over the head? Two?

I don't know. Its awful either way. Those poor girls.

BBM: Would you post a link to where it says the birth certificate was found in NSW please Sapphire Steel. I must have missed that one.

<modsnip>

I don't think its relevant either way - HP presented the certificate in some form, and at worst it was a 65c stamp and a day away.

HP almost had to be involved at some level.

Wheelchairs aren't the sort of things you find just lying about in Adelaide.

Theyre worth hundreds of dollars and someone got one from somewhere...usually, the Rehab Centre. Hospitals don't let you take them home.

Hate to say but wheelchairs are pretty common around Adelaide. I saw one at an op shop the other day, you can always find them on gumtree, and my ex has one at his place - the kids play in it when they are there.

Not too uncommon, even given how much they are worth.

a woman went into a Centrelink branch at Salisbury in South Australia and falsely represented that she was Ms Pearce-Stevenson.
" And produced identity documents for herself and Khandalyce " Supt bray said.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/national/girl...e-in-90000-20151027-gkjpxi.html#ixzz3rLW9l8p9

IMO the identity documents involved the birth certificate of Khandalyce. What other identity docs would there be for a child of 4 (in 2010) . Something hinky here.

Also, I read (somewhere) that police said Karly was not drawing any Centrelink payments at the time of her disappearance in 2008.
[EDIT I have posted the quote down thread and paraphrased as is from a paywalled article]

So was this visit to Centrelink in 2010 to 'register' KP for single parent payment? If this is the case, why wait until 2010?

How did the birth certificate end up in the sisters house?

In 2010 the card was used at the Royal Adelaide hospital, as well.

It was when Mrs Duffy opened her granddaughter’s mail and noticed her Centrelink payments had not been touched for a fortnight that she and friends first suspected something was wrong and began looking for Ms Pearce-Stevenson in late 2008.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...vestigators-told/story-fnii5yv6-1227599497241

Hate to say but wheelchairs are pretty common around Adelaide. I saw one at an op shop the other day, you can always find them on gumtree, and my ex has one at his place - the kids play in it when they are there.

Not too uncommon, even given how much they are worth.

On the subject of wheelchairs and with no medical knowledge of any significance...can I say that after an accident such as HP was involved in, it is likely that she had to transition through several types of wheelchairs. And there are several types and some could have been donated/loaned as they were only temporary. So it is possible there was an old wheelchair lying around. And as I have previously stated...what better way to convince someone you are someone else than to be sitting looking really sick and what better way to look ill than sit in a wheelchair with a blanket over your lap.

I'm trying very hard to do the same, pugs. I'm not a hard person, in fact, the opposite is true. I have sympathy for HP because of the tragedy she suffered (and the grief and disability she has been left with). Nevertheless, I have met (and been the victim of) quite a few shysters in my time because I am so soft-hearted and HP just rings the same warning bells.

I agree with you that Karlie didn't exist in a bubble where HP and DJH were the only other inhabitants but you have to admit their worlds collided (for whatever reason) and ended a few short months later with Karlie's and Khandalyce's violent deaths and an alleged windfall for them.

I am just an avid people-watcher, pugs. Offline, I am the person in the background keeping mostly silent whilst enjoying the ambience and the body language of people as they interact. (I do the same with animals :) )

I think I must be a frustrated behavioural scientist or a reincarnated detective (my maiden name is the same as a famous fictional detective, so my interest may be elementary, my dear Puggle).

Nothing wrong with fictional detectives!!! Some of my favourite people. "How these things came about: so shall you hear Of carnal, bloody, and unnatural acts, Of accidental judgments, casual slaughters; of deaths put on by cunning and forced cause..."

There I was imagining Khandalyce trafficked for child *advertiser censored*

Imagine if she was killed because

she was a loose end.

I honestly don't know which is worse, morally.

Also may I say HP looks like one of those types that could well have a 2nd or even 3rd batch of older kids somewhere, either living with her or out of the house, and able to provide care for HP herself.

The children who died may not have been her only children. Khandalyce may have had to be hidden from these other children hence, had to disappear.

HP may have made a lifetime out of being a baby machine. Some of these parts of town are generationally dependant on Centrelink, the young girls view it as a Lifestyle Choice.

She had her accident so no more babies, her kids were getting older - Khandalyce may have got her another few years of family benefit payments.

BBM: Wow....

hp had a child aged 9 killed in the car accident along with another younger child. This was her first child, whom she had at age 17. She now has another child, born since the accident, with her current partner. The child is aged 2.

bbm.....

HP spent 3 months in a rehab centre (Hampstead) after losing her leg.
Her friend, Karlie, most likely visited her there several times.

I think it very likely that in that time HP met other wheelchair bound women.
(If you wanted to meet women in wheelchairs, then the Hampstead Centre is the place to go).

It is possible that what with group therapy and counselling sessions, HP and maybe Karlie too, got to meet and even become friends with other women in wheelchairs.

Let's keep in mind that HP is not the ONLY woman in a wheelchair in SA and she may not be the only one who knew Karlie either.

It is understood police will allege Ms Passmore was the same woman who impersonated Ms Pearce-Stevenson in 2010.

It is also understood she will be investigated over allegations of financial fraud and will be questioned about what happened to the victims.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-10-30/khandalyce-pearce-new-photos-facebook/6897270

It is understood police will allege Ms Passmore was the same woman who impersonated Ms Pearce-Stevenson in 2010.

It is also understood she will be investigated over allegations of financial fraud and will be questioned about what happened to the victims.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-10-30/khandalyce-pearce-new-photos-facebook/6897270

Yet now, 2 weeks since that news article suggested what the journalist "understood" to be happening, HP has not been charged with anything.
Whatever explanation she has given to the police seems to be being believed by them.

Would you post a link to where it says the birth certificate was found please Sapphire Steel. I must have missed that one.

'Khandalyce Pearce's birth certificate found in home linked to Karlie Pearce-Stevenson's alleged killer Daniel Holdom'
By police reporter Jessica Kidd
Updated Thu at 5:54pm

'Police have discovered the birth certificate of two-year-old Khandalyce Pearce in a house connected to her mother's alleged killer, it has been revealed.

The ABC understands investigators discovered multiple items belonging to Karlie Jade Pearce-Stevenson when they searched the home of Daniel Holdom's sister last month.'

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2015-...harged-murder-karlie-pearce-stevenson/6933540

Does anyone else have a feeling that Karlie was killed earlier than December 14th -15th??...or is it just me??

I've been thinking about the Lanza suitcase

http://www.9news.com.au/national/20...suitcase-involved-in-khandalyce-pearce-murder

If that suitcase was bought by Karlie, it could be possible that she handed over Khandalyce to somebody else to take care of her. For a while? Cause she couldn't take Khandalyce to Canberra (for whatever reason). Cause she had to work (maybe Hazel and Karlie used to watch each others kids?) and she had nobody to babysit Khandalyce.
because somone forced her to leave Khandalyce with another person?

It would make sense as to why she would have to buy a suitcase while already being on her way to Canberra. If she was going to arrive with Khandalyce in Canberra, there would have been no need to buy a suitcase in the middle of a trip. But there might have been a reason to do so if Khandalyce and Karlie were going seperate ways.

Furthermore I get the feeling (cause of the pictures taken in the Marion shopping centre by a third person), that Karlie might have been used to meet people in shopping centre's. Which seem logical if you don't have a permanent address. Like meet me on the 8th of November 1 pm at Marion shopping centre at McDonalds (just as an example).

Does anyone have a link that explicitly states a confirmed sighting of karlie and Khandalyce in Canberra? Are there only unconfirmed sightings?
Could it have been Karlie with another little child? Did she stay at a place where another 2 year old lived? And could she have been sighted with another child?

The thing that bugs me, is that if she was with Khandalyce till she was murdered. Why would anyone take the risk to transport Khandalyce (dead or alive) all the way to Whynarka? Adelaide?

And where was DH during all this? And where was HP's youngest child during all this?
Does anyone know?

OK, Dutch, all refuelled. I agree with the possible reason you gave regarding Karlie buying the suitcase for Khandalyce because they were somehow splitting up. A further question pops into my head. Was Khandalyce also going to travel, say to someone in The Alice, or was the suitcase bought for another child because she was travelling with Karlie, either alone or in the company of (an)other(s), to someone in the ACT while a parent was unable to care for her?

As for the sightings of Karlie and Khandalyce in the ACT together, I think other posters have provided links. It is interesting to ponder if Karlie was seen with another little girl of a similar age, who wasn't Khandalyce. I suppose it's possible.

The logistics have bothered me, too, Dutch. I can't imagine anyone driving such a long way with decomposing remains in their car. I suppose it's possible Khandalyce was murdered in the ACT (or NSW) not long after Karlie, her remains hidden (in, say, the ACT or another part of Belanglo State Forest), and moved to SA after Karlie's remains were found in 2010.

As for the whereabouts of DJH and HP's child, during this time, I think they're off limits as one is subject to sub judice and the other is a minor.

Does anyone else have a feeling that Karlie was killed earlier than December 14th -15th??...or is it just me??

Puggle, I've been worried about this since Karlie's credit card time line was released by police.

Karlie's credit card was used In Kippax Fair, ACT on Nov 24 & then next used Dec 16 at Charnwood, ACT (by which time, according to police reports, Karlie was deceased. Date of Karlie's death released by police as 14/15 Dec).

There is a period of aprox 3 weeks between these 2 credit card usage dates that Karlie's card wasn't used & it worries me that perhaps Karlie was murdered at some point during this time - prior to 14/15 Dec.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-10-27/timeline-karlie-pearce-stevenson-bank-account-activity/6890008

Nothing wrong with fictional detectives!!! Some of my favourite people. "How these things came about: so shall you hear Of carnal, bloody, and unnatural acts, Of accidental judgments, casual slaughters; of deaths put on by cunning and forced cause..."

"And, in this upshot, purposes mistook
Fall'n on th' inventors' heads. All this can I Truly deliver."

I'm trying very hard to do the same, pugs. I'm not a hard person, in fact, the opposite is true. I have sympathy for HP because of the tragedy she suffered (and the grief and disability she has been left with). Nevertheless, I have met (and been the victim of) quite a few shysters in my time because I am so soft-hearted and HP just rings the same warning bells.

I agree with you that Karlie didn't exist in a bubble where HP and DJH were the only other inhabitants but you have to admit their worlds collided (for whatever reason) and ended a few short months later with Karlie's and Khandalyce's violent deaths and an alleged windfall for them.

I am just an avid people-watcher, pugs. Offline, I am the person in the background keeping mostly silent whilst enjoying the ambience and the body language of people as they interact. (I do the same with animals :) )

I think I must be a frustrated behavioural scientist or a reincarnated detective (my maiden name is the same as a famous fictional detective, so my interest may be elementary, my dear Puggle).

You and I sound very alike.

I personally feel Hazel was involved in the centrelink fraud and had knowledge of Karlie's death and even that of Kandalyce....

My only thing is her motivation to remain silent... I am having trouble accepting the gains from Centrelink would have been enough...and am curious to see if other factors are at play such as intimidation by another party to keep quiet.

To steal from a deceased mother's account is abhorrent and truly wicked - and should be dealt with appropriately ....

My sticking point is the initial coming forward... if there are other extending factors such as fearing for her own life or that of her only other living child.......Mmmm these are the things I ponder...

ATM...these are the only other extending factors I can see why she hasn't been charged as yet....

I'm a great people watcher too...and that's why I said people don't always act the way we (Society) expect....aren't you always amused at how different we all are ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Solange