AUS - Khandalyce Kiara Pearce, Wynarka, Bones of a Child Discovered, July'15 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Leela would be 15 now. The remains aren't that old. And the clothing isn't that old.

You mean http://www.missingpersons.gov.au/missing-persons/profiles/profiles/m/c/mcdougall leela - wa ? I guess it depends how big she was. At six my quite tall daughter was still wearing some size 4s.

that was me but it was before knowing that the remains & clothing were fairly recent - none of the children on my list would be logical now

It being a child not yet reported missing is possible, but terribly depressing. That nobody knew her (assuming it is a girl) well enough to notice her gone other than the person/s who did this is a terrible concept to get one's head around.

Earlier in this thread someone wrote a shortlist of possible candidates. I'll have a look and edit if I find it.

Out of those, Leela would fit? If the sizes are 3-5. My daughter has everything from size 6 to 10 and she's a tall 8. Sizes are so inconsistent. Her cousin is nine and is still in 7.

Looks like the dress was bleached. Sorry if this has been discussed. Just waking up, catching up, and posting as I go.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

It might not be bleached - the dress may have just originally come in different colors. The dress on eBay is used so who knows when it was originally purchased.

Looks like the dress was bleached. Sorry if this has been discussed. Just waking up, catching up, and posting as I go.

The eBay dress is from the brand Cotton On. It looks pretty identical to the suitcase dress, except for the color, IMO. Cotton On was founded in 1991. So disappearances after that date may be of importance.

Scattered near the tiny 60cm by 40cm, 20cm-deep compartment was a small black tutu dress, a single pink slipper embossed with a butterfly, a smiley-faced T-shirt and several pairs of girls shorts.

Near the tiny compartment - does that mean the remains were in something or is the compartment referring to in the ground? Hope that makes sense.
Because that is not a big area.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/la...-met-violent-end/story-fni0ffnk-1227446045917

Scattered near the tiny 60cm by 40cm, 20cm-deep compartment was a small black tutu dress, a single pink slipper embossed with a butterfly, a smiley-faced T-shirt and several pairs of girls shorts.

Near the tiny compartment - does that mean the remains were in something or is the compartment referring to in the ground? Hope that makes sense.
Because that is not a big area.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/la...-met-violent-end/story-fni0ffnk-1227446045917
Tiny compartment is the suitcase I believe

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

I keep trying to find it on here and another thread but someone mentioned a young girl who has been missing and all the mothers other children were now in the care of the grandmother. The mother has mental health problems and has uncooperative about the childs whereabouts. Does anyone remember this? I think I commented how the child would be 10 now if something. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That was me. The little girl is Leonie Hutchinson, last seen in scone NSW in 2001, but not known to authorities, that she was missing until 2004. There have been 3 coronial inquests with no answers, but the case is still open. Leonie would be 15 now.

Last I heard, was that Detective Inspector Angelo Memmolo ( who is the lead detective for the Sydney siege ) was coming up here to work on the case.

I went to the last inquest & it was adjourned as they had information that Leonie had been "secreted" into a well & other info which led the police to do a few archaeological digs, but nothing was found.

The grandmother has all of Kate's children, except the youngest.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...eonie-Astra-Hutchinson-18-months-NSW-Dec-2001

This is a pretty depressed area if anyone has been there, we drove through last year attending a funeral in Naracoorte and the towns all looked like they were on the verge of becoming abandoned. I think the man could well have been her guardian or caregiver. Regardless it does seem like her family have not reported her missing, so perhaps a grandparent even disposed of her to protect other family members. Perhaps they are of very low intelligence or drug / alcohol afflicted?

I think it has all been previously buried and moved for some reason. Maybe the person is moving, can't leave the evidence behind, but can't take it with them.

that was me but it was before knowing that the remains & clothing were fairly recent - none of the children on my list would be logical now

Yes I made that post before I'd seen the latest from the police. This seems like an unknown child.

The clothes may have rotted due to the decomposition happening on the body. I think it's likely someone with very low intelligence or awareness simply left the child to rot by the side of the road in the suitcase. Think of all the families on the fringes of society who may not even have stable homes, or who may live remotely out that way. JMO

http://www.news.com.au/national/sou...-met-violent-end/story-fnii5yv4-1227446040185

The article has already been linked a few times, but the last photo shows how the suitcase could have conceivably been missed for a while, by people driving past at 100km/h (the blue tent shows where the body was).

I keep reading that the suitcase had been disturbed but we don't know that a human tipped it upside down. Having said that, there would have been some evidence had an animal forced it open (unless the zip wasn't fully closed originally).

“Getting rid of the body in that way is probably a desire to distance themselves from that as quickly as possible,” she said. “This person would have had options to do something else with the body that would have decreased the likelihood of them getting caught.
“Wanting to get rid of it so quickly could speak of their motivations a little bit and can also speak to their connection to the child.
“If they don’t feel they will be suspected of having this child anyway they might get rid of it in such a fashion, as opposed to trying to make it so the body is never discovered.”
this statement could point to it being a stranger/s not family who have killed this child, wonder if this could be work of a paedophile ring?

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/...-met-violent-end/story-fni6uo1m-1227446040185

“Getting rid of the body in that way is probably a desire to distance themselves from that as quickly as possible,” she said. “This person would have had options to do something else with the body that would have decreased the likelihood of them getting caught.
“Wanting to get rid of it so quickly could speak of their motivations a little bit and can also speak to their connection to the child.
“If they don’t feel they will be suspected of having this child anyway they might get rid of it in such a fashion, as opposed to trying to make it so the body is never discovered.”
this statement could point to it being a stranger/s not family who have killed this child, wonder if this could be work of a paedophile ring?

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/...-met-violent-end/story-fni6uo1m-1227446040185
Really hope that police could pull prints off of the case handle, however the guy probably wiped it clean plus so many people messing with the case......

Always interesting to hear a criminologist's opinion.

I'm still wondering how they know the circumstances of the death. Bullet holes?

So, the way the body was dumped makes it seem like it was not dumped by a family member and done quickly.

Also from The Advertiser:

* Compared to other countries, Australia doesn't have many missing children.

* The body was dumped on a highway used for long distances. Someone could have come from anywhere.

http://m.adelaidenow.com.au/news/so...-met-violent-end/story-fni6uo1m-1227446040185

Has anyone been able to find any reference to any missing girls in Australia that could possibly be this little girl?
The only one I can find is Leela Mcdougall 6yrs old, missing with her mother Chantelle and two male friends of her mum since 2007. Possible cult connection.

Oops should have read a few pages back first, sorry people

Always interesting to hear a criminologist's opinion.

I'm still wondering how they know the circumstances of the death. Bullet holes?

So, the way the body was dumped makes it seem like it was not dumped by a family member and done quickly.

Also from The Advertiser:

* Compared to other countries, Australia doesn't have many missing children.

* The body was dumped on a highway used for long distances. Someone could have come from anywhere.

http://m.adelaidenow.com.au/news/so...-met-violent-end/story-fni6uo1m-1227446040185
Says the Body was dumped quickly but the POI wandered around on foot. That is the part that I just do not get. So strange!

Yes, that is extremely odd, unless the man has nothing to do with it and this was quickly dumped by a car passing by.

I think he came from South Australia.

We travel past Tailem Bend all the time, and on to Victoria and New South Wales. I always find myself wondering how many bodies are out there. Perhaps it's that it reminds me of Truro, scrubby bush where all those girls lay dead for so long before they were found. Mallee scrub isn't good for much, so far as I know, from an agricultural point of view, so if you dump a body it may lie there forever.

The reason I think became from SA is that obviously he was out to dump that poor little darling's body. Not a local, a man on a mission to find a remote enough spot. But if he came from interstate there's a million more remote spots on the way before you get all the way to Tailem Bend. There's a scrubby national forest I can think of that'd be way better, but it's much further inland.

Whereas if you want somewhere pretty out of the way and you're coming from Adelaide, the edge of a town off the highway around Tailem is somewhere you can get to in an hour and a half, plus whatever walk he took. Maybe he parked somewhere discreet and took a bit of a walk because of someone saw him they wouldn't see his rego plate.

If I wanted to dump a body, living in Adelaide, and I didn't want to disappear for a noticeable length of time, I think I'd go somewhere not far from where this guy did. I might have gone off the road into the bush...but perhaps the walking ladies spooked him and at that point he just wanted to dump it and get out of there. And maybe he was worried to stray onto someone's property and get caught.

Has anyone been able to find any reference to any missing girls in Australia that could possibly be this little girl?
The only one I can find is Leela Mcdougall 6yrs old, missing with her mother Chantelle and two male friends of her mum since 2007. Possible cult connection.

Oops should have read a few pages back first, sorry people

Maybe slightly too young,or too long ago, but there was Rahma El-DENNAOUI who was 19mths old when she disappeared in 2005. Unless somebody kept her for a couple of years before killing her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot!