AUS - Khandalyce Kiara Pearce, Wynarka, Bones of a Child Discovered, July'15 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the updates here is a new Daily Mail article which has just been published I thought I would post it.

"Police believe the young child whose dead body was dumped in a suitcase beside a highway in South Australia was a young girl between the age of two and four years old.

While forensic evidence is yet to support the theory, Superintendent Des Bray, head of the South Australia Major Crimes Unit, said ‘everything points to it being a little girl’.

Superintendent Bray stood beside a fair-haired mannequin wearing a dark leotard and black tutu, similar to what the child was found wearing, as he told reporters that the young girl could have died up to eight years ago."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...nequin-showing-looked-like.html#ixzz3gncbteBk

Does anyone have any knowledge on how long it may take to positively I.D. the remains? Has there been past cases like this that anyone can think of? I'd say it's a good thing that clothes were also in the suitcase as these will no doubt hold alot of evidence....

Wow, so much information all of a sudden.

Just thought I'd post this FWIW:

The McCanns told police they had put Madeleine to bed with her pink comfort blanket and favourite soft toy, Cuddle Cat, and was wearing short-sleeved Marks & Spencer Eeyore pyjamas.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/madeleinemccann/11078595/Madeleine-McCann-are-we-any-closer-to-knowing-the-truth.html

Apart from everything else that's already been pointed out by sleuthers, the other thing that would fit with MM is that there are not many reported missing children in Australia... and didn't MM disappear near a popular boating area?

Not this case but we don't have a thread for it.

"Station owners guilty of gold prospector murder"

"A husband and wife have been sentenced to life in prison for murdering a gold prospector on their remote Cape York cattle station.

It took a Cairns Supreme Court jury four hours on Friday to find Stephen Struber and Dianne Wilson-Struber guilty of killing 48-year-old Bruce Schuler, whose body was never found, in July 2012"

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...f-gold-prospector-murder-20150724-gik07s.html

Wow, so much information all of a sudden.

Just thought I'd post this FWIW:

The McCanns told police they had put Madeleine to bed with her pink comfort blanket and favourite soft toy, Cuddle Cat, and was wearing short-sleeved Marks & Spencer Eeyore pyjamas.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/new...-we-any-closer-to-knowing-the-truth.htmlApart from everything else that's already been pointed out by sleuthers, the other thing that would fit with MM is that there are not many reported missing children in Australia... and didn't MM disappear near a popular boating area?

And if they put her on a yacht straight away after kidnapping, and came straight to Australia by sea rather than by plane and going through the airport, I imagine it would have been possible to get her into the country without anyone ever noticing.

While the suitcase now appears a grey colour, it was originally black and has faded.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/national/girl...-years-ago-20150724-gijyg3.html#ixzz3gnZ1h1DQ

I just saw this too! I think this means that the suitcase has been in an area exposed to the elements, well away from the general population - perhaps so that any smells of decomposition are not near people/houses.

Also, unlikely that it was inside the dark coloured suitcase seen being held by 'the stranger' for a long period of time. Perhaps just for transport.

Oh god, its starting to all sound so plausible when put that way r.e. the yacht! I was also looking at a find Maddy webpage & it listed her height when she went missing as 90cm, which was actually really small for a 4 year old! The SA police have said the child found was between 90-95cm tall.....

It was revealed that several of the garments found inside the suitcase were made in 2007 which leads detectives to believe the death took place some time in the last eight years.
The garments, including a purple Dora The Explorer T-shirt, a woollen coat and a boy's blue teddy bear pajama shorts, could have been laying where it was found alongside a highway since March.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...nequin-showing-looked-like.html#ixzz3gnpypyS5
Wow.

Well.

If Dora wasn't shown here on TV until 2010 (and merchandise would have followed after it airing) does that mean that the clothes were purchased overseas???

When was Dora shown in England/Portugal/Spain?

a quick search and this is what I found

A Spanish-dubbed version first aired as part of a Nick en español block on NBC Universal-owned Telemundo through September 2006; since April 2008, this version of the program has been carried on Univision as part of the Planeta U block.

http://en.metapedia.org/wiki/Dora_the_Explorer

Wow.

Well.

If Dora wasn't shown here on TV until 2010 (and merchandise would have followed after it airing) does that mean that the clothes were purchased overseas???

When was Dora shown in England/Portugal/Spain?

Dora was definitely shown and merchandise available here (Oz) much earlier than 2010. My daughter was born in 2006 and was an avid watcher from quite young. Definitely by 2008, she was wearing Dora clothes and watching it on Nick Jr.

i actually live in the Murray Mallee and this is not far from me, it terrifies me to think someone around here has done this. I quite often drive that rd and wouldnt have even thought twice about seeing that case. There are quite often old cases, furniture and random ibjects along the wrll travelled highway, locals eould just become oblivious to them. however I agree that the case once opened would probably have been easy to spotthebones in - im also thinking placed later on by someone who knew ppl pay no notice to items like that on the rd and didnt expect anyone to pull over for an old case

Dora was definitely shown and merchandise available here (Oz) much earlier than 2010. My daughter was born in 2006 and was an avid watcher from quite young. Definitely by 2008, she was wearing Dora clothes and watching it on Nick Jr.

Thanks for clarifying that - my kids are teenagers, so I thought it started being shown here in 2010. Happy to be wrong!!

i actually live in the Murray Mallee and this is not far from me, it terrifies me to think someone around here has done this. I quite often drive that rd and wouldnt have even thought twice about seeing that case. There are quite often old cases, furniture and random ibjects along the wrll travelled highway, locals eould just become oblivious to them. however I agree that the case once opened would probably have been easy to spotthebones in - im also thinking placed later on by someone who knew ppl pay no notice to items like that on the rd and didnt expect anyone to pull over for an old case

I'm sure I've read that Police have released bones were in the suitcase when case was originally placed in bushes

"Investigators believe the suitcase and its contents — including the child — were left at the location by an unknown person behind a bush and that at some stage someone tipped most of the contents out behind a nearby bush and left the suitcase near the roadside."

http://mobile.news.com.au/national/...-was-little-girl/story-e6frfkp9-1227455620427

Oh god, its starting to all sound so plausible when put that way r.e. the yacht! I was also looking at a find Maddy webpage & it listed her height when she went missing as 90cm, which was actually really small for a 4 year old! The SA police have said the child found was between 90-95cm tall.....

There are a lot of details the police are not releasing for some reason, at least not yet. Other items from the suitcase haven't been revealed, also the way in which the child was murdered has not been revealed. :(

“For reasons I’m not going to disclose we are confident that this child was murdered and we would appeal for anyone with information that might assist us to make contact.

https://www.facebook.com/sapolicenew...type=1&theater

ah, i saw that after my original post - how on Earth were they missed? thats incredible given the size of the case :/

I am guessing that when the police get DNA that they would check international records? I have to admit i saw Madeline McCann's name on a William Tyrrell facebook group and went to myself "oh gawd what next" but whats been posted today has got me thinking.

I'm in new Zealand but Dora was definitely available here sometime in 2006/2007 because I have photos of my daughter wearing Dora clothes when she was around 2 years old.

Nice to meet a fellow south aussie :happydance:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member