AUS - Khandalyce Kiara Pearce, Wynarka, Bones of a Child Discovered, July'15 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

Excellent link bearbear, I've heard of this and hopefully there could be DNA left on her clothing or bag.

An elderly woman Irma Palasics was murdered in her home and the murderer's DNA was not on record but the police linked that DNA to another crime and are patiently waiting for a member of the perp's family to slip up which will lead the police to the murderer.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-Irma-Palasics-6th-November-1999-McKellar-ACT

Unfortunately some things don't happen overnight but rest assured our boyz in blue have the patience of Jobe.

“The Peter Falconio murder, that conviction was helped through DNA. There was DNA found on [his girlfriend ] Joanne Lees T-shirt but also Peter Falconio’s DNA found on handcuffs owned by Bradley John Murdoch.”
Thanks for link bb. I followed that case but did not know that, wow, quite a revelation to me. Hopefully, the forensic team can lift some crucial evidence to get the perp who murdered this child. I think they can. :)

I'm in SA too :). Up in the hills. Just back from a month long trip to Tibet in fact (speaking of hills) so I've been quiet of late. But still have been following both William and this new horror. Hoping for resolution asap

Edit: oh now I see there are plenty of us South Aussies. Who would have thought!

originally from the hills too!

'“The Peter Falconio murder, that conviction was helped through DNA. There was DNA found on [his girlfriend ] Joanne Lees T-shirt but also Peter Falconio’s DNA found on handcuffs owned by Bradley John Murdoch.”
Thanks for link bb. I followed that case but did not know that, wow, quite a revelation to me.'

Neither did I. I'm inclined to challenge whether that about the handcuffs is true. As I recall, the only cuffs presented at the trial were those worn by Joanne Lees, and the question was whether DNA found on the cuffs matched Murdoch's or not. If Falconio's DNA had been on those cuffs, it would not have been evidence against Murdoch. I don't have a link for this but I read Robin Bowles' book about the case several times, and Joanne Lees' once.

Sorry about continuing off-topic, but the misinformation bothered me.

'“The Peter Falconio murder, that conviction was helped through DNA. There was DNA found on [his girlfriend ] Joanne Lees T-shirt but also Peter Falconio’s DNA found on handcuffs owned by Bradley John Murdoch.”
Thanks for link bb. I followed that case but did not know that, wow, quite a revelation to me.'

Neither did I. I'm inclined to challenge whether that about the handcuffs is true. As I recall, the only cuffs presented at the trial were those worn by Joanne Lees, and the question was whether DNA found on the cuffs matched Murdoch's or not. If Falconio's DNA had been on those cuffs, it would not have been evidence against Murdoch. I don't have a link for this but I read Robin Bowles' book about the case several times, and Joanne Lees' once.

In everything I have read and I followed that case closely, I never heard about the other handcuffs. I read Joanne's book and then read it out loud to my other half as we drove to Darwin. Sadly I lent the book to a friend who has never given it back, she moved house while I was away once and I think its lost now. (hint never let anyone borrow your books, I have so many books never given back)

DNA is one of the reasons if i had touched that suitcase or things in it at all i would be coming forward, because none of those people know what they left behind, what if it the whole murder case is then linked to them.

It certainly is a fascinating case JLZ. There is a discussion thread set up for the Falconio case here.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...eter-Falconio-28-Barrow-Creek-NT-14-July-2001

View attachment 78705

I agree Dora looks different on this top to most other pictures of Dora I can see, I think you're right and it's a cheap knock-off.
Can you tell me if her hair is in pigtails, I don't think it is, I think it's just dirt marks on either side of her head? I also notice it doesn't say Dora THE Explorer, just Dora Explorer, is that normal? I don't have a daughter and my son was into her only for a little while so I'm no Dora expert lol.

I had a quick look at Dora shirts and it seems that they should say, "Dora the Explorer".

Here's one - you can see "the" inside a blue arrow. Most of them seem to have that.

$_57.JPG

On ebay there are also Dora shirts sold with tutus (usually pink). I don't know if the tutu is Dora brand or if it's just being sold to complement the shirt.

I quite often used to dress my little girls in black. It's my favourite colour so I don't necessarily see anything hinky about the black tutu.
I was so excited when I found black Bonds wondersuits lol.

My memory is so not what it used to be, but the Dora shirt definitely looks like the on site, often print on demand knock-off you expect to find at an open air/flea market. Close enough to know who/what it is supposed to be, but not exact.

I don't know about in Australia, but until it closed about 10 years ago there was a local sportswear/screen printing company that did make official/licensed merchandise and instead of destroying misprints or otherwise damaged pieces they would (somehow) turn up at local charity thrift stores. I recall misspellings being very common, so leaving out "the" would not surprise me. My niece got a Pokemon shirt with Ash's hat pink instead of red and I will never forget the Pokemon pjs my son got with Raichu being pumpkin orange with black and purple. Um, yeah, my son said, "But, but it's just Raichu's Halloween costume."

In hindsight (no idea if I thought about it back then) I have to wonder who would approve the final designs on a fair amount of the merchandise they put out.

My 3 year old daughter has a black tutu. She's wearing it right now, She just likes it because it's glittery.

I quite often used to dress my little girls in black. It's my favourite colour so I don't necessarily see anything hinky about the black tutu.
I was so excited when I found black Bonds wondersuits lol.

Maybe I'm just an old dinosaur but the only black outfit I recall ever on a child was on Azaria Chamberlain.
How wrong were we there.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ot-baby-case-national-museum-rego-4ENSIC.html

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 182
I had a quick look at Dora shirts and it seems that they should say, "Dora the Explorer".

Here's one - you can see "the" inside a blue arrow. Most of them seem to have that.

$_57.JPG

On ebay there are also Dora shirts sold with tutus (usually pink). I don't know if the tutu is Dora brand or if it's just being sold to complement the shirt.

Even that looks like a knockoff, the eyes etc aren't quite right (the brand of the clothing doesn't seem official either).

Even that looks like a knockoff, the eyes etc aren't quite right (the brand of the clothing doesn't seem official either).

She looks like she is on something LOL her eyes are so big, bigger than her hands LOL now Dora has to be a perfect example of bad parenting, her parents let her travel all over the world with no adult supervision LOL yes i do find myself amusing LOL

It looks like an Asian knockoff. The style of the eyes looks similar to other Asian cartoon characters

View attachment 78705

I agree Dora looks different on this top to most other pictures of Dora I can see, I think you're right and it's a cheap knock-off.
Can you tell me if her hair is in pigtails, I don't think it is, I think it's just dirt marks on either side of her head? I also notice it doesn't say Dora THE Explorer, just Dora Explorer, is that normal? I don't have a daughter and my son was into her only for a little while so I'm no Dora expert lol.

Def a cheap copy. Boots has no red boots and dora has the wrong coloured shorts unless there is fading .

So could've been bought by the family of the little girl in Asia. Or bought by abductors in Asia. Or bought from op shop in Australia. Or a hand me down between families or friends. So many possible scenarios.
Def a cheap copy. Boots has no red boots and dora has the wrong coloured shorts unless there is fading .

Maybe online from ebay or aliexpress etc :)

I agree. Ebay or aliexpress. And prior to the Dora makeover (whenever that was).
Unfortunately that means it could have been bought online from anywhere or from a market anywhere

I agree. Transporting children across the world on a yacht is not so far fetched as some people would think. I live in a smallish coastal town where many yachts pass through. A few years ago the were a few "new" kids at my childs school, their parents had sailed a yacht back to Australia from overseas (South America I think) for a wealthy client.

They travel the world with their kids doing this and after a job is done if they like the place stay and enrol the kids in a local school until they get the next job, or see the sights and move on. They stayed for about 6 months then moved on. Aparently they do this a few times a year.

I personally would not travel on a yacht across the other side of the world with kids (my nightmare), but they really enjoyed the freedom/lifestyle. I think they told me the kids live in life vests whilst on board and secure the kids with a rope on deck incase they go overboard. So it is certainly a possibility that travelling with kids across those distances happens and is not seen as "strange" in the yachting circles.

Anyone know what protocol is in place for yachts when they enter? I assume there would be some kind of border security that inspected them for things... is there a specific point they are meant to present at? Would they be intercepted by anyone- the Navy or a Borer Patrol like those that intercept refugee boats? Or are private yachts not really of enough concern?

According to http://ports.com/sea-route/porto-santo,portugal/port-of-darwin,australia/ it would take about 42 days to reach Australia (Darwin) by sea from Portugal-- which would require going via the Suez Canal.

Regarding the clothing, I wonder if (sick as this is to write) they may have been part of the perpetrator's/perpetrators' (for lack of a better word) fantasies and not something that the family/friends would recognise....

Often there are pop up shops that turn up in our local centres that sell knock offs of kids favourite characters too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper