AUS - Khandalyce Kiara Pearce, Wynarka, Bones of a Child Discovered, July'15 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My memory is so not what it used to be, but the Dora shirt definitely looks like the on site, often print on demand knock-off you expect to find at an open air/flea market. Close enough to know who/what it is supposed to be, but not exact.

I don't know about in Australia, but until it closed about 10 years ago there was a local sportswear/screen printing company that did make official/licensed merchandise and instead of destroying misprints or otherwise damaged pieces they would (somehow) turn up at local charity thrift stores. I recall misspellings being very common, so leaving out "the" would not surprise me. My niece got a Pokemon shirt with Ash's hat pink instead of red and I will never forget the Pokemon pjs my son got with Raichu being pumpkin orange with black and purple. Um, yeah, my son said, "But, but it's just Raichu's Halloween costume."

In hindsight (no idea if I thought about it back then) I have to wonder who would approve the final designs on a fair amount of the merchandise they put out.

Yes, there are plenty of cheap shops that sell knockoffs. They normally pop up in malls for a short time and then disappear. Markets also. I'm sure we have a similar Dora t that came from one of the transient stores.

Does anyone know how long DNA samples would take to come if they do suspect it could be Maddie?

I'm just trying to think why the particular clothes were put in the suitcase with her. Was that her whole little wardrope. I imagine she had a lot more clothes. Dumping a body in a hurry, you would not worry about putting in the extra clothes.

I'm just trying to figure out why these article of clothes were found with the tiny body.... is that all they had of her to dispose off, and if so, where were all her other possessions.

I'm just trying to think why the particular clothes were put in the suitcase with her. Was that her whole little wardrope. I imagine she had a lot more clothes. Dumping a body in a hurry, you would not worry about putting in the extra clothes.

I'm just trying to figure out why these article of clothes were found with the tiny body.... is that all they had of her to dispose off, and if so, where were all her other possessions.

I thought the same but I feel the police usually keep some information to themselves for a trump card. Possibly a baby blanket or a plush toy that holds more DNA or maybe the suitcase was only sold in a particular store in a certain year or maybe she was run over and some clothes have rubber imbedded in them. :thinking:

I cant figure these murderers out.

I'm not saying this is related but it's a perfect scenario.

Names - Louise FAULKNER & Charmian FAULKNER

Circumstances: Louise Faulkner, age 43 years and her daughter Charmian age 2 years were last seen in Melbourne. The mother and child were last seen leaving their St Kilda flat in a white ute driven by an older man on April 26, 1980.

http://www.australianmissingpersonsregister.com/Faulkner.htm

0:07 seconds into the video taskforce what?

[video=youtube;X3Hr4dBH4ZQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3Hr4dBH4ZQ[/video]

I quite often used to dress my little girls in black. It's my favourite colour so I don't necessarily see anything hinky about the black tutu.
I was so excited when I found black Bonds wondersuits lol.
Same. Love black clothes ... On me, on my kids, on everyone! :) and nope I'm not a goth I just love it :) I bought my daughter lots of black clothes back when I still chose her clothing. I think it gets easier to get as time goes on, a friend has a baby and she's got her quite a lot of black stuff, it seems common now.

Yes it sounds to me like 'Faulk--' before the correction.

(Edit) But couldn't be the child, the body is not that old.

I wasn't actually implying it was the child - I just thought what a coincidence given TGY post.
I just remember hearing that at the beginning and thinking oh I wonder what investigation he had on his mind.

This is such a sad case, poor innocent child.

I think the top is a cheap knock off... Dora is too white, and her clothes are pink and yellow instead of pink and orange, and benny (character on the right of the shirt) is supposed to be two shades of blue and not the yellow tummy he has in that top.

Unless of course he was changed at some point.

Looking at some pictures of the characters, it looks like his neckerchief is also the wrong colour.... the image may be a colouring template that was filled in either hastily/ignorantly/intentionally with incorrect colours... I think the track pants may also be knock off Dora ones, they have RA on the cuff... unless there is a brand that I can't think of that uses that logo?? Knock-offs are available at most markets. Has anyone been able to make out anything on the tag of the teddy bear shorts that have "2000 Baby" printed between the teddy and car images?

I wasn't actually implying it was the child - I just thought what a coincidence given TGY post.
I just remember hearing that at the beginning and thinking oh I wonder what investigation he had on his mind.
Oh I see. When I first heard the slip I jumped to the conclusion that the name of the investigation had been changed. He may have had another matter in mind. But he did seem very involved with, distressed about this one. (I don't like to say 'he' but his name escapes me.)

Looking at some pictures of the characters, it looks like his neckerchief is also the wrong colour.... the image may be a colouring template that was filled in either hastily/ignorantly/intentionally with incorrect colours... I think the track pants may also be knock off Dora ones, they have RA on the cuff... unless there is a brand that I can't think of that uses that logo?? Knock-offs are available at most markets. Has anyone been able to make out anything on the tag of the teddy bear shorts that have "2000 Baby" printed between the teddy and car images?

I'm beginning to question myself. When I first saw that label it clearly looked like 'made in Australia' but now I'm not so sure.
I've googled the design but came up with nothing in Australia. :D

Same. Love black clothes ... On me, on my kids, on everyone! :) and nope I'm not a goth I just love it :) I bought my daughter lots of black clothes back when I still chose her clothing. I think it gets easier to get as time goes on, a friend has a baby and she's got her quite a lot of black stuff, it seems common now.

I'm lucky I still get to chose my youngests clothes. Big W had some awesome black track pants with a faux leather side last month. I snapped them up.

Heartbreaking that this little one wasn't cherished and dressed with love. Just dumped in a pile. I really hope they are close to finding out who she is. If not, will the police organise a burial or something? Or can we as the community? I haven't followed a case where the person was unidentified for long. :(

I'm lucky I still get to chose my youngests clothes. Big W had some awesome black track pants with a faux leather side last month. I snapped them up.

Heartbreaking that this little one wasn't cherished and dressed with love. Just dumped in a pile. I really hope they are close to finding out who she is. If not, will the police organise a burial or something? Or can we as the community? I haven't followed a case where the person was unidentified for long. :(

If and when a funeral does take place I'm sure the police would be watching very closely to see who turns up.

Often there are pop up shops that turn up in our local centres that sell knock offs of kids favourite characters too.
I agree that this is a knockoff. Like posted above the word "the" missing is a good indicator. There are two indoor flea markets close to me that sell knockoffs, tons of kids character clothing. Most look a little odd in appearance! (I suddenly have the urge to go check them out!)

I tried zooming in on the manufacturer tag on the shirt but photo becomes very unclear. From my experience knockoffs here will have a manufacturer tag like Hanes or Fruit of The Loom, etc. Also most clothing should have a separate fabric content/care tag that will usually have a RN# which when looked up online will tell who the manufacturer is. I collect and sell vintage clothing and the RN # has always been helpful for me hunting down who made the garment [emoji1]

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I found it really heart-warming the way the detective referred to the child as "the little girl" in his statement, instead of "the deceased" or "body" or something else impersonal. He sounded quite distressed too. It's obviously affecting him and most likely everyone involved.

I quite often used to dress my little girls in black. It's my favourite colour so I don't necessarily see anything hinky about the black tutu.
I was so excited when I found black Bonds wondersuits lol.
I love black too. Unfortunately I have too many furbabies, one a pug that sheds horribly so I have to avoid the color!
I could see the little black dress being worn to a holiday party. I thought for sure the dress would get the parents attention for this sweet child!!!

I found it really heart-warming the way the detective referred to the child as "the little girl" in his statement, instead of "the deceased" or "body" or something else impersonal. He sounded quite distressed too. It's obviously affecting him and most likely everyone involved.
I feel such admiration for the officers working on this case. It must be so difficult for them, especially those with small children or grandchildren of their own. I don't know how they do it, but glad they do!

One thing I did think was about dance classes or groups that may recognise the child. I could be wrong but I don't think a child would have a black
Leotard if they did not belong to a dance club of soughts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had a quick look at Dora shirts and it seems that they should say, "Dora the Explorer".

Here's one - you can see "the" inside a blue arrow. Most of them seem to have that.

$_57.JPG

On ebay there are also Dora shirts sold with tutus (usually pink). I don't know if the tutu is Dora brand or if it's just being sold to complement the shirt.

The Dora top and the pink tracksuit pants missing the DO from the Dora are knock offs sold in Asian countries. The missing 'THE' from Dora the explorer is purposely done to avoid trademark infringement.

I agree. Ebay or aliexpress. And prior to the Dora makeover (whenever that was).
Unfortunately that means it could have been bought online from anywhere or from a market anywhere

E bay is notorious for punishing sellers and closing sites down for selling knock offs they are ruthless.

I have a friend who had a very large site on E bay for years. She accidentally ordered designer eye shadow and mascara from a shonky supplier. She was closed down and now stuck with a shed full of products and no income.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper