AUS - Khandalyce Kiara Pearce, Wynarka, Bones of a Child Discovered, July'15 - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think (moo, of course) the blanket points to one of two scenarios: a mother in crisis received it as part of charity assistance (maybe the mother met a similar fate? Family violence situation?) or its all stuff from an op shop. Maybe even someone just raided one of those charity drop-off bins. While it's possible the blanket was made specifically for the child by An individual (e.g. A gma) I've now seen several references to these blankets being distributed by charities.

http://portugalresident.com/skeletal-remains-of-murdered-child-%E2%80%9Cclosely-resembling-madeleine-mccann%E2%80%9D-found-in-australia

A Portuguese news site.

There is also a heap of Polish news websites speculating that the little girl could be Madeleine McCann. Not sure why or whether there is a Polish link...maybe because I understand Polish, I am tending to selectively notice their headlines in my google searches. I think international news sites everywhere are starting to speculate about this theory.

People all over the world were speculating that the blonde gypsy girl in Greece was Madeleine McCann. But it turned out she was the child of another gypsy woman who gave her up.

Hi - I finally got around to joining, I'm a 'lurker' love reading all your theories. This one seems so tragic to me, as soon as I heard she had blonde hair, my thoughts jumped to MM. It seems sort of somehow to fit - and if you're the kind of person who could do what they've done... Smuggling in a small child wouldn't be a stretch for them. Anyway, it's impossibly sad. Checking/hoping daily that they are caught! Hopefully the police post pictures of that quilt in the town, as not all older folk are so web savvy.

I think (moo, of course) the blanket points to one of two scenarios: a mother in crisis received it as part of charity assistance (maybe the mother met a similar fate? Family violence situation?) or its all stuff from an op shop. Maybe even someone just raided one of those charity drop-off bins. While it's possible the blanket was made specifically for the child by An individual (e.g. A gma) I've now seen several references to these blankets being distributed by charities.

I think this blanket should be displayed on the 6pm news in all states.

Hi - I finally got around to joining, I'm a 'lurker' love reading all your theories. This one seems so tragic to me, as soon as I heard she had blonde hair, my thoughts jumped to MM. It seems sort of somehow to fit - and if you're the kind of person who could do what they've done... Smuggling in a small child wouldn't be a stretch for them. Anyway, it's impossibly sad. Checking/hoping daily that they are caught! Hopefully the police post pictures of that quilt in the town, as not all older folk are so web savvy.

Welcome KatKat.
:fireworks:

I think this blanket should be displayed on the 6pm news in all states.

I agree. It's a handmade blanket, so the maker should recognize it. The black music notes on the blanket seems to go with the black tutu.

I hope they can determine how long she's been dead.
RIP little one. May the angels watch over you now.

Welcome KatKat. I agree that the pic of the quilt should be distributed far and wide, not just on the Internet.

I agree. I've only seen it in a South Australian newspaper? Why isn't it everywhere???

Hello All
This is my first post, I have been a lurker for a long long time, in fact all the way back to the Kenmore Roundabout days, the poor lady who has disappeared from Upper Coomera, The Tosse BRAH massive and poor little Williams thread.
I felt that I had to write on here today after seeing the Quilt photos on Facebook and hearing that the little darling was a girl aged 2-4, my little princess is 3 and a half and this just breaks my heart.
A few things in my head at present, When did the baby bonus come in to Australia? I think its very uncommon not to register child as 'off the grid' or not people want to get that money to buy things for the little one, I don't think that the child is from a alternative community. The clothes are mass produced from Big W and Markets, alternative communities tend to prefer organic materials etc. Then of course they may not have been the little girls.
My mind has gone to Maddy Mcann too, will we hear if they have checked the DNA?
I think as mentioned further up that the Blanket says womens refugee, something a good samaritan donated. I fear that there could be a missing mum out there too.
Just IMO

Quilt found with murdered child made in New York

http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/nat...made-in-new-york/story-fnii5yv8-1227457660344

Sorry I can't see anywhere in the link where it says the quilt was made in New York ??

Oh I get it, they mean the musical notes fabric was made in New York

FABRIC used to make a distinctive homemade quilt found with the remains of a child on the side of a South Australian highway was manufactured in New York about seven years ago, police say.

Wynarka child suitcase murder: Distinctive quilt found with remains made in New York
http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/...457660344?sv=63ff524e4e247a8711f157e56876a520

The article says the musical notes fabric was manufactured in New York in 2008.

On the SA Police facebook page, somebody posted a link with the name of the musical note fabric from the quilt.

Shamash & Son print - MUSIC NOTE Fabric - Neon Rainbow Musical Notes
https://www.etsy.com/au/transaction/20789704?

View attachment 78758

The page also says that the fabric was listed on the 17 August 2009... though it may have been available elsewhere prior to that...

Edit: (sorry ... I didn't read on after looking at the link... :facepalm:

Hello All
This is my first post, I have been a lurker for a long long time, in fact all the way back to the Kenmore Roundabout days, the poor lady who has disappeared from Upper Coomera, The Tosse BRAH massive and poor little Williams thread.
I felt that I had to write on here today after seeing the Quilt photos on Facebook and hearing that the little darling was a girl aged 2-4, my little princess is 3 and a half and this just breaks my heart.
A few things in my head at present, When did the baby bonus come in to Australia? I think its very uncommon not to register child as 'off the grid' or not people want to get that money to buy things for the little one, I don't think that the child is from a alternative community. The clothes are mass produced from Big W and Markets, alternative communities tend to prefer organic materials etc. Then of course they may not have been the little girls.
My mind has gone to Maddy Mcann too, will we hear if they have checked the DNA?
I think as mentioned further up that the Blanket says womens refugee, something a good samaritan donated. I fear that there could be a missing mum out there too.
Just IMO

Welcome Emmbles, glad you finally joined us. Some good points you raise there in regard to the baby bonus. There would also be the parenting allowance? I'm not up on all of that so can anyone elaborate about parenting allowance, baby bonus etc.?

Something I have noticed about the quilt ... most of the quilts like this using a hexagon pattern has the hexagons touching at their points, to make a a small triangle between each hexagon patch. This quilt has the hexagons joining at one of the long sides instead, and makes a diamond shape between each patch. I hope this makes sense! I did a quick google search and havent yet found another quilt that follows this pattern, so I am presuming its more unusual.

EDIT- Ignore that, I finally found one https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=i...&q=i+spy++quilt+hexagon&imgrc=GXuvBLvXSYFFKM:

Nine News Adelaide retweetete
Will McDonald ‏@WillMcDonald9 2 Min.Vor 2 Minuten
.@9NewsAdel is up very soon. Details on a bikie shooting in Adelaide's north + new clues in the suitcase murder investigation #9NewsAt6

Hello all, just joining thread now. I've been keenly following this story, from initially thinking it might be William, to the hair seeming to point to MM.

However, I've had another idea, a bit out of left field, forgive me if this has been mentioned before...I've gone through the recent threads and can't see it.

Anyway, what if this poor child was a member of the "Colt family" - the family discovered in southern NSW who had lived away from society with intergenerational incest? According to Google maps, the town where the family most recently lived is 964km from Wynarka, a ten hour drive, but the family moved between states and although the adults living at the recent camp were taken into custody there are relatives living interstate. I'm looking to see where they were in 2007-2008.

Special news feature on the Colt family - a warning it is very harsh and upsetting stuff.

A family that commits that level of sex abuse (and animal torture) could be possibly capable of murder, and there were children born in the family who were so badly affected by the genetic deformities caused by inbreeding, they did not survive.

Horrific stuff. Just an idea I had.

Hello all, just joining thread now. I've been keenly following this story, from initially thinking it might be William, to the hair seeming to point to MM.

However, I've had another idea, a bit out of left field, forgive me if this has been mentioned before...I've gone through the recent threads and can't see it.

Anyway, what if this poor child was a member of the "Colt family" - the family discovered in southern NSW who had lived away from society with intergenerational incest? According to Google maps, the town where the family most recently lived is 964km from Wynarka, a ten hour drive, but the family moved between states and although the adults living at the recent camp were taken into custody there are relatives living interstate. I'm looking to see where they were in 2007-2008.

Special news feature on the Colt family - a warning it is very harsh and upsetting stuff.

A family that commits that level of sex abuse (and animal torture) could be possibly capable of murder, and there were children born in the family who were so badly affected by the genetic deformities caused by inbreeding, they did not survive.

Horrific stuff. Just an idea I had.

My very first thought was the "Colt" family when this story first broke ... but as I don't know Australia very well, I wasn't sure if the areas were local(ish) to each other? That story was big news over here.

Jerrica--I see what you mean about how octagons could be aligned to form triangles at the intersection. The found quilt is a more basic pattern, perhaps more likely to be made by a less experienced quilter.

You made me look again at the quilt and I think the reason the black musical pattern fabric isn't deteriorated like the rest of the quilt is that the octagons that were sewn or attached to the top of the background fabric have come away, leaving relatively sound fabric exposed.

Welcome Emmbles, glad you finally joined us. Some good points you raise there in regard to the baby bonus. There would also be the parenting allowance? I'm not up on all of that so can anyone elaborate about parenting allowance, baby bonus etc.?

Thank you

The only parenting benefit is Family Tax benefit I believe and that is means tested, the only payment that is not means tested is the baby bonus. If you are a single parent you receive single parenting payments, but again this would have been different back then. Personally I have only ever got the Baby Bonus.

The more I think of this I think a mum and a bub who were in a bad way and alone so no one has noticed they are gone.
It could have been someone from overseas who had no close family here and just lost touch with back home. How can a Baby go missing and people not realise.

Centrelink wouldn't chase if Vaccinations were not met etc and if payments were not being claimed I doubt they would be chasing, or payments could still be going in to a bank directly, although you do have to say how much you earn each year, again I doubt they would really chase this up, letters would just go unanswered.

The blanket was just shown on channel 9 news here in Brisbane so they are getting it out there.

Welcome KatKat. I agree that the pic of the quilt should be distributed far and wide, not just on the Internet.

It was on the news here in Qld.
But I posted the photos on my FB page, hoping that friends might share it around. I was quite surprised that one of my friends hadn't even heard about this case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member