AUS - Khandalyce Kiara Pearce, Wynarka, Bones of a Child Discovered, July'15 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
6:16 = Supt Des Bray interview.
Referring to little Angel and pointing to the mannequin.

"Somebody must remember that.
Somebody made that.
That's not the exact brand.
We had it recreated to the same specifications to what she was wearing.
Very distinctive cloths."

Is he referring to the person that made the outfit for the mannequin?
Or the person that made the actual outfit.
I wonder if they know the brand?

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/...made-in-new-york/story-fni6uo1m-1227457660344

I took it to mean that somebody recreated it for the police to display on the mannequin and that is who D.I. Bray is referring to.

I remember meeting a lady who used to knit bonnets, booties and mittens for premi babies and still born babies in hospitals. I think the wool was given to her by a church group. So if the quilt was made by a group for a similar reason then maybe the fabric and pieces may have been already cut and prepared for the all the sewers and many similar quilts are out there but we should find out from what area/location.
Unless it's a one off from a loving family member of little Angel.

I remember meeting a lady who used to knit bonnets, booties and mittens for premi babies and still born babies in hospitals. I think the wool was given to her by a church group. So if the quilt was made by a group for a similar reason then maybe the fabric and pieces may have been already cut and prepared for the all the sewers and many similar quilts are out there but we should find out from what area/location.
Unless it's a one off from a loving family member of little Angel.

I was also wondering if the quilt may have been sold as a kit for the home sewer. All of the fabric being pre cut to size etc. but it's a 'what you see is what you get' type of deal, with no personal choice of fabric, colours etc.

It was also sold in spotlight prior to that time.

Do you mean the fabric with the musical notes was sold in spotlight? Just curious as seems police think it's from the USA but if you know it's not might be worth letting then know [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes Makara, some people like to cut the fabric and others like to sew. Like knitters they find it relaxing.
For a sewer it would be a delight to just sew up the pre cut pieces.

Wow there's some beautiful souls on this Earth and then, unfortunately some mongrels.

I have a few friends who love quilting. The husbands call it 'Stitch and *****' classes. It could have been a school or beginners project?

There are currently 33 users browsing this thread. (11 members and 22 guests)
@ 11.15pm

I've missed 30 pages & there's no hope of getting them all read. I looked briefly at the news links about the quilt but didn't see the info I was looking for. Can someone help me out with the size of the quilt?

I've missed 30 pages & there's no hope of getting them all read. I looked briefly at the news links about the quilt but didn't see the info I was looking for. Can someone help me out with the size of the quilt?

A degraded quilt found at the same site as a child's remains in South Australia might help police solve the killing.
They said forensic examiners had closely checked the quilt, which is 90 centimetres-square.
Detective Superintendent Des Bray said it appeared to be homemade but had machine stitching.
A filling of polyester material suggested the quilt maker intended it be washed regularly, police said.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-07-26/quilt-clue-to-child-bones-murder-victim-wynarka/6648582

thanks for posting the size

can anyone tell me what size this is in feet? because I just googled and I cannot figure it out - is it 3 ft. by 3 ft.?

A degraded quilt found at the same site as a child's remains in South Australia might help police solve the killing.
They said forensic examiners had closely checked the quilt, which is 90 centimetres-square.
Detective Superintendent Des Bray said it appeared to be homemade but had machine stitching.
A filling of polyester material suggested the quilt maker intended it be washed regularly, police said.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-07-26/quilt-clue-to-child-bones-murder-victim-wynarka/6648582

thanks for posting the size

can anyone tell me what size this is in feet? because I just googled and I cannot figure it out - is it 3 ft. by 3 ft.?

Just about 3ft. 90cm = 35.4330709 inches

It's a standard cot size.

Do you mean the fabric with the musical notes was sold in spotlight? Just curious as seems police think it's from the USA but if you know it's not might be worth letting then know [emoji4]

From memory Found, Karo said the fabric had been sold in spotlight before 2011 when another poster found it was a retired fabric in an online store. I think. Please correct me if that is not right.
So I guess if it was manufactured in New York in 2008 and it was shipped over here to Oz, then that makes sense to me that it could/was sold in Spotlight before 2011.

He said police believed some of the quilt fabric — coloured musical notes — was manufactured in New York in about 2008.
http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/...made-in-new-york/story-fni6uo1m-1227457660344

thanks! so this really was just a baby blanket - not something a 2-4 year-old would normally be using

which means IMO that it was just thrown into the suitcase along with the clothing or that this poor child did not even have a proper blanket

the other thing it possibly means is that whoever harmed her likely had her since she was an infant and that to me solidifies that this is a parent/guardian who dumped her

that's my theory for now anyway until they release more evidence

Just about 3ft. 90cm = 35.4330709 inches

thanks! so this really was just a baby blanket - not something a 2-4 year-old would normally be using

which means IMO that it was just thrown into the suitcase along with the clothing or that this poor child did not even have a proper blanket

the other thing it possibly means is that whoever harmed her likely had her since she was an infant and that to me solidifies that this is a parent/guardian who dumped her

Theory makes sense apart from leaving the body/case in such an easily found place (MOO).

The gentleman that was seen carrying the case is either very brazen or very stupid, who walks down a highway with a deceased child in a suitcase, the police could have came upon him and stopped to help insisted on giving him a ride. Where did he come from? How did he get to the area? I think that there may have been someone with the gentleman driving a car, drop off and pick up. The police say that he is not known to the area, and there have been no reports that he was seen in any other neighbouring areas, we have a few confirmed sightings but nothing outside of that perimeter.

I wonder if the police checked to see what properties were sold around the time of suitcase appearing, what properties may have went up for sale shortly after or around the time the suitcase was found, there is some reason that they needed to move the remains, this is the most logical to me. <Modsnip>

Could this little one be from a pedo ring like the one that is mentioned in William's disappearance?

I do find it odd that others saw the case and some even picked threw stuff, but no one noticed the remains,

6:26 Supt Des Bray interview.
The person that opened the suitcase has done nothing wrong. They have stopped like everyone else, curious of what they have seen. Opened the suitcase and tipped it out.
It is very unlikely that they would have had any idea of what the contents contained.

I do not get this - if you tip the contents of a suitcase out then how do you miss Angel?
Could Angel have been wrapped in the quilt?
Maybe the reference to the remains being complete - meant number of bones as opposed to being intact. ( Sorry I hate writing that)
imo

I came to the opposite conclusion -- that it was handmade, probably a gift, and probably the girl's blankie that she carried for comfort etc. 90x90cm isn't even a standard size; the vast majority of manufactured baby blankets and quilts are rectangular.

If that is a standard size somewhere, that might be a big clue to her origins.

Maybe when the people who opened the case to look they used a stick to move the clothing around because of the condition and I doubt they'd want to touch the contents. Maybe little Angel was wrapped tightly inside the quilt and wasn't seen.

Do you think the suitcase man had intentions of leaving the bag in the town if he wanted it found but too many people were watching so he continued walking?

I could understand the suitcase being flung from a car or put behind the bush during a pee and then drive off. I just can't understand a lone guy walking off into nothing carrying a suitcase.

I came to the opposite conclusion -- that it was handmade, probably a gift, and probably the girl's blankie that she carried for comfort etc. 90x90cm isn't even a standard size; the vast majority of manufactured baby blankets and quilts are rectangular.

If that is a standard size somewhere, that might be a big clue to her origins.

The hand knitted blankets or throws that are given at my mum's nursing home are approx. 90 x 90 square and that's for adult beds. Maybe because it is made up of 10 small squares across and 10 down makes it easier like the quilt...even numbers.
I agree about cot blankets being rectangular.

Yeah, it seems like the guy with the suitcase must be a red herring.

On the other hand, in an area that small, with an incident so out of the ordinary that several people noticed and remembered it, that would be an awfully big coincidence.

I don't know what to think about that one.

6:26 Supt Des Bray interview.
The person that opened the suitcase has done nothing wrong. They have stopped like everyone else, curious of what they have seen. Opened the suitcase and tipped it out.
It is very unlikely that they would have had any idea of what the contents contained.

I do not get this - if you tip the contents of a suitcase out then how do you miss Angel?
Could Angel have been wrapped in the quilt?
Maybe the reference to the remains being complete - meant number of bones as opposed to being intact. ( Sorry I hate writing that)
imo

It's hard to imagine the person did not see anything when tipping the case upside down, but maybe the police are wording it that way to encourage the person to come forward. They really need to speak to that person. They could've been traumatised or maybe thought they could be implicated and maybe have been too afraid to come forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DaLegend71