AUS - Khandalyce Kiara Pearce, Wynarka, Bones of a Child Discovered, July'15 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Plus its still not be ruled out totally that its not little William ...

Just in reply to Polydot's question on the last page of the previous thread (on my iPad, so can't copy it over):
Thank you, you too :). Yes, definitely possible, but at this stage, I haven't seen any evidence that the victim was cared for by the dumper in any capacity, prior to his/her death. I don't think the clothes included in the suitcase indicate that he/she was being looked after at all as they may have been added to disguise the body or pad out the bag for whatever reason. It's just too early to make any real calculated guesses, unfortunately.
Definitely let me know if I'm not understanding your question correctly though - I'm having one of those days where my brain is lagging at least ten seconds behind everybody elses.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comparing the Police RPA Vision published yesterday, this looks like the area where the suitcase was found.

GOOGLE MAPS LINK

Seems like such a strange place to leave the suitcase when there is so much more dense scrub just out of Wynarka and a few hundred metres away from the highway.

PanterA ... Forever Stronger Than All

It is a strange spot. I wonder if someone just had to move the suitcase and get rid of it very quickly. I notice there seem to be some dirt tracks running of the main road and then around the dump site - maybe one of those tracks was just a convenient place to exit the main road and dispose of the case behind the trees.

If only all google maps were equal - in rural areas you just don't get the same zooming capabilities. Something of interest that I just found while fiddling with google maps - I just searched for a family member's home in Brisbane, and found it quite confusing because the overhead view doesn't really look anything like their place as it has been for the past 2 years since they have lived there. Their garden beds and fence out front are missing, no spa or deck out back - yet when I switched to street view the house appears as it is now. I only mention this because the map is dated 2015 from what I can tell - yet the overhead view is obviously at least a couple of years out of date.

Comparing the Police RPA Vision published yesterday, this looks like the area where the suitcase was found.

GOOGLE MAPS LINK

Seems like such a strange place to leave the suitcase when there is so much more dense scrub just out of Wynarka and a few hundred metres away from the highway.

That really looks like it was left with the intention of it being found.

Probably nothing at all, but something that stood out to me when I was looking at the Google Street View, there is like a little stacked brick marker by the side of the road, one tree over from where the blue tent is.

I then looked again at the SA Police drone footage and the marker is still there today, the Google Street View imagery is from February 2010.

Marker to something nearby?

Street view 1

Street view 2

Drone view 1

Drone view 2

PanterA ... Forever Stronger Than

Hi and welcome :)

Yes those stacked rocks are a bit odd aren't they, they were like that back in 2007 street view too:
rockpile.jpg

I can't remember who it was, but another poster here commented that those rock piles were kind of common in similar areas. I wish I had asked for more info now. :)

I can't remember who it was, but another poster here commented that those rock piles were kind of common in similar areas. I wish I had asked for more info now. :)

They look like a cairn which is a pile of stones that marks a place (such as the place where someone is buried or a battle took place) or that shows the direction of a trail.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/cairn

http://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/british/cairn

I've sometimes seen them out in the bush. They're like a marker or a guide for bushwalkers.

GOOGLE MAPS LINK

This is the location I came with as well when police said 2km west of Wynarka. That spot is approx 2km.

This theory might seem crazy but I'm just exploring absolutely everything. Could the suitcase have been placed by someone working on the highway? The only reason I thought of that is because the resurfacing seems to be the most amount of activity at that isolated area in a long time. It would help explain the randomness of the spot. Maybe it was placed at the end of the job?

This would mean the person seen with a suitcase might not be connected.

They look like a cairn which is a pile of stones that marks a place (such as the place where someone is buried or a battle took place) or that shows the direction of a trail.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/cairn

http://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/british/cairn

I've sometimes seen them out in the bush. They're like a marker or a guide for bushwalkers.

I lived in the outback for a large portion of my childhood. There were often piles of rocks like that. Yes, they usually marked the start of a track to somewhere - be it a dried salt lake, caves, a good picnic oasis, or some other point of very local interest. They are not unusual here imo.

Tracks can become hard to see in our scrubland. Wind, water, and weather can very soon blend them in with the rest of the landscape. Hence the rockpile markers.

ETA: Which makes me wonder .... did the perp add the pile to mark the spot, maybe to come back later and move the case to a better hiding spot? Or was the marker there first, and the perp wanted the suitcase to be discovered by a local? Either way, it suggests to me that the perp knew the significance of a rock pile as a marker - so may not have been a city dweller.

GOOGLE MAPS LINK

I just had a thought...what if the suitcase had been dumped in denser scrub ? Someone may have discovered it, freaked and moved it....its probably been thought of before....It just came to me when reading this from PanterA.

Probably nothing at all, but something that stood out to me when I was looking at the Google Street View, there is like a little stacked brick marker by the side of the road, one tree over from where the blue tent is.

I then looked again at the SA Police drone footage and the marker is still there today, the Google Street View imagery is from February 2010.

Marker to something nearby?

Street view 1

Street view 2

Drone view 1

Drone view 2

PanterA ... Forever Stronger Than
Im not sure what they use the markers for in SA but here in the blue mountains they are used to mark rock climbs that can be difficult to find.

I lived in the outback for a large portion of my childhood. There were often piles of rocks like that. Yes, they usually marked the start of a track to somewhere - be it a dried salt lake, caves, a good picnic oasis, or some other point of very local interest. They are not unusual here imo.

Tracks can become hard to see in our scrubland. Wind, water, and weather can very soon blend them in with the rest of the landscape. Hence the rockpile markers.

ETA: Which makes me wonder .... did the perp add the pile to mark the spot, maybe to come back later and move the case to a better hiding spot? Or was the marker there first, and the perp wanted the suitcase to be discovered by a local? Either way, it suggests to me that the perp knew the significance of a rock pile as a marker - so may not have been a city dweller.

Is there anything else there that would be marked like that?

Or was the marker already there and the perp used it to remember where he put the body to come back for it?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I prefer to be a lurker and read all you wonderful posters ideas and news links etc. in this thread but as I'm subscribing I thought I'd add a theory, be it a real bizarre one but no harm in putting out there. :crazy:

In the latest news story, a man has come forward and stated he checked out the suitcase hidden behind some bushes back in March, he probed around, found nothing of interest, certainly no bones but he did something of significance, he moved the suitcase closer to the road and in full view of passing motorists.
More than 90 people have contacted police and said they've driven by this suitcase over the last few months. Several others have told police they stopped, rummaged through the suitcase, didn't see any bones and left it as is, until last Tues/Wed, an interested person discovered the shocking remains of a child while checking out the contents of the suitcase.

Two ladies from Wynarka have told police they witnessed an unknown man in his 60s carrying a dark suitcase through town approximately 2 months ago. Another lady stated she saw a similar man on the same day walking by the highway without a suitcase.

There is something wrong here obviously, either the ladies sighting is out by a couple of months or they're right, therefore he's not responsible for discarding the suitcase. Also, their description is of a dark coloured suitcase, the one pictured is clearly light/medium blue.

Sorry for being so long winded, but what if the perp saw the suitcase sitting by the side of the road and placed the child's remains inside it? He/she had the remains in a plastic/laundry bag, another suitcase? This could be a reason why so many people never found the remains while rummaging through the suitcase. This also places the stranger seen in town 6-8 weeks earlier, back in the picture except for the no suitcase sighting if the same man. This means the suitcase and clothing is not relevant to the child.

Once I read this over it does sound outlandish :facepalm:, hopefully, the police and the forensics team will crack this case soon. Is this a boy or a girl? What is their name and if they've been listed missing?

JMO

PrimeSuspect, Its NOT outlandish, its a good theory....it is so weird that no one saw the poor little bones...:thinking:

Or was the marker already there and the perp used it to remember where he put the body to come back for it?

I wonder if he was the kind of killer who goes back to visit the site of the killing/remains of his victim/other significant spot.

those stacked rocks are a bit odd aren't they, they were like that back in 2007 street view
View attachment 78462

I don't find a cairn of rocks that unusual. I grew up in rural Qld and my Dad and sister made one once while waiting for a truck to load cattle. The cairn lasted for years (until a council grader knocked it down when grading the road).

I prefer to be a lurker and read all you wonderful posters ideas and news links etc. in this thread but as I'm subscribing I thought I'd add a theory, be it a real bizarre one but no harm in putting out there. :crazy:

In the latest news story, a man has come forward and stated he checked out the suitcase hidden behind some bushes back in March, he probed around, found nothing of interest, certainly no bones but he did something of significance, he moved the suitcase closer to the road and in full view of passing motorists.
More than 90 people have contacted police and said they've driven by this suitcase over the last few months. Several others have told police they stopped, rummaged through the suitcase, didn't see any bones and left it as is, until last Tues/Wed, an interested person discovered the shocking remains of a child while checking out the contents of the suitcase.

Two ladies from Wynarka have told police they witnessed an unknown man in his 60s carrying a dark suitcase through town approximately 2 months ago. Another lady stated she saw a similar man on the same day walking by the highway without a suitcase.

There is something wrong here obviously, either the ladies sighting is out by a couple of months or they're right, therefore he's not responsible for discarding the suitcase. Also, their description is of a dark coloured suitcase, the one pictured is clearly light/medium blue.

Sorry for being so long winded, but what if the perp saw the suitcase sitting by the side of the road and placed the child's remains inside it? He/she had the remains in a plastic/laundry bag, another suitcase? This could be a reason why so many people never found the remains while rummaging through the suitcase. This also places the stranger seen in town 6-8 weeks earlier, back in the picture except for the no suitcase sighting if the same man. This means the suitcase and clothing is not relevant to the child.

Once I read this over it does sound outlandish :facepalm:, hopefully, the police and the forensics team will crack this case soon. Is this a boy or a girl? What is their name and if they've been listed missing?

JMO
Not bizarre at all! That would explain why no one else found the remains. Would be quite clever IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member