AUS - Khandalyce Kiara Pearce, Wynarka, Bones of a Child Discovered, July'15 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry guys but I dont even know what a paywall is. Just trying to help :-(

A paywall is where the link takes you to a page asking you to subscribe to continue reading. So the article is for subscribers eyes only :whine: . Some msm publish a certain amount of content that is free, while their 'premium' articles are behind the paywall. Some newspapers especially allow you to read a defined number of their articles, and then request that you subscribe once you've reached your maximum freebies. :)

That a small child could vanish without anyone noticing has mystified detectives who say the child could have been dead a “very, very long time” and it has electrified the tiny town of Wynarka, where four witnesses have reported seeing a man with an identical suitcase as the one that contained the child’s remains.

Oh - msn - what to believe.

http://www.news.com.au/national/cri...lSF&utm_source=News.com.au&utm_medium=Twitter

Perhaps it was someone who was familiar with that stretch of road, and knowing that roadworks had been completed felt that it was unlikely that particular area would be getting further attention any time soon.

K
Perhaps it was someone who was familiar with that stretch of road, and knowing that roadworks had been completed felt that it was unlikely for that spot to get further attention any time soon.

It does seem interesting timing given the recent road resurfacing.

I prefer to be a lurker and read all you wonderful posters ideas and news links etc. in this thread but as I'm subscribing I thought I'd add a theory, be it a real bizarre one but no harm in putting out there. :crazy:

In the latest news story, a man has come forward and stated he checked out the suitcase hidden behind some bushes back in March, he probed around, found nothing of interest, certainly no bones but he did something of significance, he moved the suitcase closer to the road and in full view of passing motorists.
More than 90 people have contacted police and said they've driven by this suitcase over the last few months. Several others have told police they stopped, rummaged through the suitcase, didn't see any bones and left it as is, until last Tues/Wed, an interested person discovered the shocking remains of a child while checking out the contents of the suitcase.

Two ladies from Wynarka have told police they witnessed an unknown man in his 60s carrying a dark suitcase through town approximately 2 months ago. Another lady stated she saw a similar man on the same day walking by the highway without a suitcase.

There is something wrong here obviously, either the ladies sighting is out by a couple of months or they're right, therefore he's not responsible for discarding the suitcase. Also, their description is of a dark coloured suitcase, the one pictured is clearly light/medium blue.

Sorry for being so long winded, but what if the perp saw the suitcase sitting by the side of the road and placed the child's remains inside it? He/she had the remains in a plastic/laundry bag, another suitcase? This could be a reason why so many people never found the remains while rummaging through the suitcase. This also places the stranger seen in town 6-8 weeks earlier, back in the picture except for the no suitcase sighting if the same man. This means the suitcase and clothing is not relevant to the child.

Once I read this over it does sound outlandish :facepalm:, hopefully, the police and the forensics team will crack this case soon. Is this a boy or a girl? What is their name and if they've been listed missing?

JMO

Good ideas here! I've been wracking my brain wondering how the clothing appears to be burnt whereas the suitcase appears to be faded and possibly mouldy. This could be an opportunistic placing of the child's body in the suitcase that was already dumped. So if the child was placed in there after the suitcase was dumped, why would you dump a suitcase of burnt clothes in the first place? It's like the clothing is also some kind of evidence being disposed. Just thinking out loud.....

If the older, well dressed gentleman was carrying a larger darker coloured suitcase perhaps he had this smaller suitcase concealed inside it. That way people could possibly remember seeing him but with a different suitcase to what the bones were found in. Therefore hiding the smaller colourd case.

I'm with you guys about how odd it is that no one else noticed the bones. The suitcase was tiny, just 40cm wide. The size of an overnight bag.

Maybe the ruined/soiled appearance of the clothes and the (I imagine) dreadful smell once the suitcase was open stopped anyone else from delving any further?

If the older, well dressed gentleman was carrying a larger darker coloured suitcase perhaps he had this smaller suitcase concealed inside it. That way people could possibly remember seeing him but with a different suitcase to what the bones were found in. Therefore hiding the smaller colourd case.

I thought this too that it was inside the other one but the timeline still doesn't fit. I think I'm leaning towards the hypothesis that the bones were dumped separate to the suitcase...
Is there still no gender?

I'm with you guys about how odd it is that no one else noticed the bones. The suitcase was tiny, just 40cm wide. The size of an overnight bag.

This is probably why they are certain about when.the remains were put in-- bones may fit, but (awful as it is to vocalise) the length of some of the long bones may indicate that was unlikely while fully formed :( ... and the condition of the suitcase and clothing would be a lot different if the body had been put in immediately...

I thought we were meant to find out today.

Me too... I keep checking for updates! Hopefully it is because they had a lead that they needed to pursue before releasing any more information and not because there is inconclusive results....

DNA can sometimes be difficult to get from bone, especially if they haven't been in ideal conditions to preserve it (or interference has destroyed it)...

Good ideas here! I've been wracking my brain wondering how the clothing appears to be burnt whereas the suitcase appears to be faded and possibly mouldy. This could be an opportunistic placing of the child's body in the suitcase that was already dumped. So if the child was placed in there after the suitcase was dumped, why would you dump a suitcase of burnt clothes in the first place? It's like the clothing is also some kind of evidence being disposed. Just thinking out loud.....

As horrible as it is to write maybe the remains were burnt along with the clothes before being placed in the suitcase. [emoji22]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have police said if they have all the bones? I'm starting to wonder if some are missing?

I didnt think that clothing was burnt but more the black around the holes is mould, i have had a towel get left in a bucket and when i took it out it had holes in it from the mould, yes im a grot lol

I thought we were meant to find out today.

Supt Bray said the child’s gender was also not yet confirmed.

“Forensic Science staff are working very hard to deliver a result as quickly as possible,” he said. “We are hoping to be able to confirm the gender of the child this week.

Does it feel to anyone else that the gender may already known, but there is a reason for the delay in it being released.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/...er-investigation/story-fni6uo1m-1227449308265

The bones, uncovered last Sunday near where two matching shoes were found, were just 40km from where the 13-year-old went missing - Daniel was last seen waiting for a bus on the Nambour Connection Road under the Kiel Mountain Overpass, near the Bruce Highway on December 7, 2003.

In a press conference, Queensland Police confirmed that a forensic lab conducting DNA testing in Adelaide confirmed the bones were Daniel's late last night, and the Morcombe family was notified.

One week

http://www.abc.net.au/local/stories/2011/08/28/3304112.htm

Have police said if they have all the bones? I'm starting to wonder if some are missing?

The news.com article posted a few posts above says they have a complete skeleton. I just wondering why it's taking so long to confirm the gender....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member