AUS - Khandalyce Kiara Pearce, Wynarka, Bones of a Child Discovered, July'15 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The news.com article posted a few posts above says they have a complete skeleton. I just wondering why it's taking so long to confirm the gender....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
http://m.smh.com.au/national/dora-t...killer-of-murdered-child-20150719-gifp7q.html

A DNA profile is expected to take longer due to the degradation of the remains.

I wonder if the skeleton's condition is making it difficult to tell....[emoji53]

I also believe that the younger the child the harder to determine because they aren't fully developed. The child is probably closer to 2 years old. IMO

If police do know the gender I am very curious to why we have not been told.
Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

ETA: every article I've read today says that it is very difficult to determine the gender in pre adolescent children but nothing lists specifics on what exactly they look for in those cases. Very frustrating!

ETA: every article I've read today says that it is very difficult to determine the gender in pre adolescent children but nothing lists specifics on what exactly they look for in those cases. Very frustrating!

It's an inexact science even in adults. There are very tall women and there are small men. There are women who have had children whose pelvises are very narrow and gave birth via c-sec so their pelvis wouldn't necessarily give away their gender either. I linked an article in the first thread that I found about this - there are far more similarities than differences in male and female skeletons and you can't tell by looking at a single skeleton out of context what gender it was because of such huge variations in "normal".

Agreed. It is definitely a more involved process determining gender in a small child than in one that has reached puberty age, like Daniel. The width of the pelvis is one of the primary measures they use, but a girl's hips only widen at puberty. The differences between the bones of a male three year old and a female three year old are subtle, and they'll be taking their time to get it right.

A 2 year old farm child may not be missed from others outside the immediate family.
Unless this little bub was a home birth then hopefully his/her DNA Has been recorded.

DNA from millions of newborn babies is secretly stored on NHS database

DNA taken from millions of newborn babies is quietly being stored by hospitals without proper parental consent.
The blood samples, taken in heel-prick tests that check for serious conditions, can be accessed by police, coroners and medical researchers, Freedom of Information Act requests reveal.
Despite Government guidelines advising hospitals to destroy the DNA after five years, some facilities have kept them on file for more than 20 years – prompting fears that a covert database is being created.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...se-babies-blood-samples-parental-consent.html

I guess it happens.....and possibly a devoted husband could cover up the murder.
Carrying the suitcase to a strange location is all pointing to a mental disorder IMO.

WA mother charged with baby girl's murder

A MOTHER has appeared in a West Australian court charged with the murder of her five-month-old baby.
THE child had not been seen at her Waggrakine home in Geraldton for several weeks and police were unable to find her when they were called to the house on Saturday night.
Police believe remains found by detectives at the residence on Monday are those of the missing girl.

http://www.news.com.au/national/bre...aby-girls-murder/story-e6frfku9-1227451294830

I guess it happens.....and possibly a devoted husband could cover up the murder.
Carrying the suitcase to a strange location is all pointing to a mental disorder IMO.

WA mother charged with baby girl's murder

A MOTHER has appeared in a West Australian court charged with the murder of her five-month-old baby.
THE child had not been seen at her Waggrakine home in Geraldton for several weeks and police were unable to find her when they were called to the house on Saturday night.
Police believe remains found by detectives at the residence on Monday are those of the missing girl.

http://www.news.com.au/national/bre...aby-girls-murder/story-e6frfku9-1227451294830
Ugh so awful. [emoji25] poor sweet girl

I prefer to be a lurker and read all you wonderful posters ideas and news links etc. in this thread but as I'm subscribing I thought I'd add a theory, be it a real bizarre one but no harm in putting out there. :crazy:

In the latest news story, a man has come forward and stated he checked out the suitcase hidden behind some bushes back in March, he probed around, found nothing of interest, certainly no bones but he did something of significance, he moved the suitcase closer to the road and in full view of passing motorists.
More than 90 people have contacted police and said they've driven by this suitcase over the last few months. Several others have told police they stopped, rummaged through the suitcase, didn't see any bones and left it as is, until last Tues/Wed, an interested person discovered the shocking remains of a child while checking out the contents of the suitcase.

Two ladies from Wynarka have told police they witnessed an unknown man in his 60s carrying a dark suitcase through town approximately 2 months ago. Another lady stated she saw a similar man on the same day walking by the highway without a suitcase.

There is something wrong here obviously, either the ladies sighting is out by a couple of months or they're right, therefore he's not responsible for discarding the suitcase. Also, their description is of a dark coloured suitcase, the one pictured is clearly light/medium blue.

Sorry for being so long winded, but what if the perp saw the suitcase sitting by the side of the road and placed the child's remains inside it? He/she had the remains in a plastic/laundry bag, another suitcase? This could be a reason why so many people never found the remains while rummaging through the suitcase. This also places the stranger seen in town 6-8 weeks earlier, back in the picture except for the no suitcase sighting if the same man. This means the suitcase and clothing is not relevant to the child.

Once I read this over it does sound outlandish :facepalm:, hopefully, the police and the forensics team will crack this case soon. Is this a boy or a girl? What is their name and if they've been listed missing?

JMO
Bouncing off of your post [emoji1]

Could the suitcase and remains have been left at separate times but by the same person? Could be trying to dispose of two different crimes....

I thought we were meant to find out today.
I wonder if they know and are avoiding releasing that info for some reason or just keep having setbacks with the condition of the remains?

If the remains are older, that could well be the case.

http://m.smh.com.au/national/dora-t...killer-of-murdered-child-20150719-gifp7q.html

A DNA profile is expected to take longer due to the degradation of the remains.

I wonder if the skeleton's condition is making it difficult to tell....[emoji53]

I also believe that the younger the child the harder to determine because they aren't fully developed. The child is probably closer to 2 years old. IMO

If police do know the gender I am very curious to why we have not been told.

"degradation of the remains" makes me think that it probably isnt poor little William...this sounds like it could have been around a lot longer.

I wonder if they know the gender but are waiting on DNA results for known missing children before they release they're findings?

The theories on here are and always are amazing...the research that's done eg: the clothes, when they were made, what shops ?....Im sure the police
do check on here....it must be a help.

Also, important to me that you all know sometimes I cant Thank a post, I reload the computer and it still wont....I thank all posts even if I disagree and am grumpy lol....so its the computers fault. xx

If the older, well dressed gentleman was carrying a larger darker coloured suitcase perhaps he had this smaller suitcase concealed inside it. That way people could possibly remember seeing him but with a different suitcase to what the bones were found in. Therefore hiding the smaller colourd case.

I was wondering the same thing.

This is probably why they are certain about when.the remains were put in-- bones may fit, but (awful as it is to vocalise) the length of some of the long bones may indicate that was unlikely while fully formed :( ... and the condition of the suitcase and clothing would be a lot different if the body had been put in immediately...

Me too... I keep checking for updates! Hopefully it is because they had a lead that they needed to pursue before releasing any more information and not because there is inconclusive results....

DNA can sometimes be difficult to get from bone, especially if they haven't been in ideal conditions to preserve it (or interference has destroyed it)...

Do families of missing persons give samples of DNA as a matter of course? Or provide dental records? Or is it something that is done if police think they have found a match? You'd think if they have all of this information on hand it would make identification much easier and quicker.

The theories on here are and always are amazing...the research that's done eg: the clothes, when they were made, what shops ?....Im sure the police
do check on here....it must be a help.

Also, important to me that you all know sometimes I cant Thank a post, I reload the computer and it still wont....I thank all posts even if I disagree and am grumpy lol....so its the computers fault. xx

Me too, ollijack, on both counts!

I prefer to be a lurker and read all you wonderful posters ideas and news links etc. in this thread but as I'm subscribing I thought I'd add a theory, be it a real bizarre one but no harm in putting out there. :crazy:

In the latest news story, a man has come forward and stated he checked out the suitcase hidden behind some bushes back in March, he probed around, found nothing of interest, certainly no bones but he did something of significance, he moved the suitcase closer to the road and in full view of passing motorists.
More than 90 people have contacted police and said they've driven by this suitcase over the last few months. Several others have told police they stopped, rummaged through the suitcase, didn't see any bones and left it as is, until last Tues/Wed, an interested person discovered the shocking remains of a child while checking out the contents of the suitcase.

Two ladies from Wynarka have told police they witnessed an unknown man in his 60s carrying a dark suitcase through town approximately 2 months ago. Another lady stated she saw a similar man on the same day walking by the highway without a suitcase.

There is something wrong here obviously, either the ladies sighting is out by a couple of months or they're right, therefore he's not responsible for discarding the suitcase. Also, their description is of a dark coloured suitcase, the one pictured is clearly light/medium blue.

Sorry for being so long winded, but what if the perp saw the suitcase sitting by the side of the road and placed the child's remains inside it? He/she had the remains in a plastic/laundry bag, another suitcase? This could be a reason why so many people never found the remains while rummaging through the suitcase. This also places the stranger seen in town 6-8 weeks earlier, back in the picture except for the no suitcase sighting if the same man. This means the suitcase and clothing is not relevant to the child.

Once I read this over it does sound outlandish :facepalm:, hopefully, the police and the forensics team will crack this case soon. Is this a boy or a girl? What is their name and if they've been listed missing?

JMO

You would think that if the well dressed man was seen with the same suitcase that was seen by passing motorists, then the motorists/witnesses would have thought "oh that's the suitcase the out of place/not a local/unusual man had." (assuming the witnesses who saw the man with he suitcase also saw it on the side of the road)

In regards to the clothing looking burnt, I personally think they are just old and deteriorated due to possibly being partially buried. When we were cleaning up the overgrown yard of an old property, we found clothing in amongst bushes and junk that looked very similar to the condition of the clothing the police have released.

I wonder if they know the gender but are waiting on DNA results for known missing children before they release they're findings?

I believe SAPOL know gender, age etc.. A lot more than is being released to us via media...

How do you rule out 17 possible children, Not knowing those things..

As much as I'd like to know more , I'd prefer the SAPOL team to be silent and catch the culprit...

I believe SAPOL know gender, age etc.. A lot more than is being released to us via media...

How do you rule out 17 possible children, Not knowing those things..

As much as I'd like to know more , I'd prefer the SAPOL team to be silent and catch the culprit...

I agree 100% the police know more than they've told the media. However I believe most, if not all, of the children ruled out are kids who were reported by concerned members of the public since the appeal for information as 'I haven't seen that kid around maybe it's them' and the police have located these children safe and well. I don't think he's talking about official missing children.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuLuWooWoo