AUS - Khandalyce Kiara Pearce, Wynarka, Bones of a Child Discovered, July'15 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The other way people (this is true at any age) can be ruled in or out quickly is through dentals. If, for instance, the missing child was had lost two front teeth, and the child's remains showed they still had all their baby teeth (just an example; I don't know whether they do have dentals), that would rule out the child with the missing teeth. That's just an example I made up.

You would think that if the well dressed man was seen with the same suitcase that was seen by passing motorists, then the motorists/witnesses would have thought "oh that's the suitcase the out of place/not a local/unusual man had." (assuming the witnesses who saw the man with he suitcase also saw it on the side of the road)

In regards to the clothing looking burnt, I personally think they are just old and deteriorated due to possibly being partially buried. When we were cleaning up the overgrown yard of an old property, we found clothing in amongst bushes and junk that looked very similar to the condition of the clothing the police have released.

WELCOME Frankie85! [emoji1]

I wonder if any passerby that seen the man walking with the suitcase did in fact later on see the suitcase and connect the two.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

WELCOME Frankie85! [emoji1]

I wonder if any passerby that seen the man walking with the suitcase did in fact later on see the suitcase and connect the two.

You would think so huh! Being such a small town and all. Perhaps they did, but upon seeing manky old clothes, they just carried on? Either the bones were underneath everything, or they were placed there later on and have no actual relation to the clothing. Hmmm!! Certainly baffling to say the least!

And thank you for the welcome! I've been reading everything for a few days before signing up to join in :)

The other way people (this is true at any age) can be ruled in or out quickly is through dentals. If, for instance, the missing child was had lost two front teeth, and the child's remains showed they still had all their baby teeth (just an example; I don't know whether they do have dentals), that would rule out the child with the missing teeth. That's just an example I made up.

If the child is a home birth/not in system.. I doubt the parents would have taken said child to a dentist..

Hoping this little one has a name soon...

If the child is a home birth/not in system.. I doubt the parents would have taken said child to a dentist..

Hoping this little one has a name soon...

True. And plenty of kids who are in the system never see a dentist during their first few years.

i am useless when it comes to australian geography, the vastness of this continent defeats me
please, i do not wish to start a race riot but, are there any aboriginal communities near by? any missing children from those areas? the main difficulty to ID an aboriginal child is that, in most remote communities, healthcare is a luxury so there might be no dentals until the child has all his permanent teeth
has it been established how the child died? if it is natural causes and the child was aboriginal could it be that the bones were taken back to his ancestral land?

i am useless when it comes to australian geography, the vastness of this continent defeats me
please, i do not wish to start a race riot but, are there any aboriginal communities near by? any missing children from those areas? the main difficulty to ID an aboriginal child is that, in most remote communities, healthcare is a luxury so there might be no dentals until the child has all his permanent teeth
has it been established how the child died? if it is natural causes and the child was aboriginal could it be that the bones were taken back to his ancestral land?
The child was believed to be murdered :( Still waiting to hear COD

research at university of adelaide,
[h=1]Unearthing the secrets of human skeletal remains[/h]http://www.adelaide.edu.au/news/news152.html

The items of clothing (pictured) were mostly found on the ground near a grey Lanza suitcase.
The suitcase and its contents – including the child - were left at the location by an unknown person behind a bush.
Police believe that at some stage someone tipped most of the contents out behind a nearby bush and left the suitcase near the roadside.
People driving along the road saw the suitcase over time, originally closed and later with the lid open. Some stopped and inspected it.
The suitcase was first discovered shortly after road works were completed in March this year.
“Identifying who emptied the suitcase contents behind the bush and when it was emptied is very important to investigators,” said Detective Superintendent Des Bray, Officer in Charge, Major Crime Investigation Branch.
“The person who did this is not in any trouble and we encourage that person to come forward and contact us through Crime Stoppers or attend their local police station.”

“Forensic Science SA have been working very hard to identify the gender of the child and to obtain a DNA profile.
Despite their best efforts they have not been able to achieve that result yet, however they continue to be committed to the task using alternative methods of analysis.

https://www.facebook.com/sapolicene...1740356569982/898512096892800/?type=1&theater

The items of clothing (pictured) were mostly found on the ground near a grey Lanza suitcase.
The suitcase and its contents – including the child - were left at the location by an unknown person behind a bush.
Police believe that at some stage someone tipped most of the contents out behind a nearby bush and left the suitcase near the roadside.
People driving along the road saw the suitcase over time, originally closed and later with the lid open. Some stopped and inspected it.
The suitcase was first discovered shortly after road works were completed in March this year.
“Identifying who emptied the suitcase contents behind the bush and when it was emptied is very important to investigators,” said Detective Superintendent Des Bray, Officer in Charge, Major Crime Investigation Branch.
“The person who did this is not in any trouble and we encourage that person to come forward and contact us through Crime Stoppers or attend their local police station.”

“Forensic Science SA have been working very hard to identify the gender of the child and to obtain a DNA profile.
Despite their best efforts they have not been able to achieve that result yet, however they continue to be committed to the task using alternative methods of analysis.

https://www.facebook.com/sapolicene...1740356569982/898512096892800/?type=1&theater

OK, that's a bit clearer. So the suitcase containing the clothing and remains was initially placed back from the road behind a bush.

At some point someone has found the bag and emptied it upside down (possibly saw the bones) and placed the empty suitcase near the highway where it would be seen.

Over time people have stopped to look at the suitcase (I assume nothing was in it as it had been emptied?) but eventually one person who stopped found the contents that had been emptied behind the bush, then reported the bones to the police.

It's possible that the person who originally found the bag behind the bush emptied it out and saw the bones, then freaked out and placed the bag where it would be seen from the highway, hoping someone else would stop and report it?

There was someone allegedly who searched the suitcase before the bones where discovered commenting on the contents on their FB page. Am
I allowed to share a FB post here? Not sure so don't want to break TOS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think you can post a link to a private individual's page - if it was on a public group or community page maybe you could just steer us in the right direction with the name of the group?

And really - no gender yet? This makes me think that the bones could be much older than expected perhaps.

Was the suitcase left behind the bush to 'deliberately' be found do you think?

If the body has no current register, that is concerning. A birth with no certificate?

I'm concerned also right now the amount of transient criminals across borders to escape conviction with dodgy plates.

There was someone allegedly who searched the suitcase before the bones where discovered commenting on the contents on their FB page. Am
I allowed to share a FB post here? Not sure so don't want to break TOS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry Found, the answer is no. If it is from social media it is considered rumour. A good rule of thumb is if it cannot be linked or is considered rumour, it doesn't belong here. To date the only allowed Facebook pages in this discussion are those of the police and approved media outlets.

Police try to identify who 'emptied suitcase' after child's remains found alongside SA highway

"Police said the suitcase was first noticed by a member of the public shortly after road works were completed in March.

"Identifying who emptied the suitcase contents behind the bush and when it was emptied is very important to investigators," Detective Superintendent Des Bray said.

"The person who did this is not in any trouble and we encourage that person to come forward and contact us through Crime Stoppers or attend their local police station."

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-07-...fy-who-emptied-suitcase-child-remains/6643172

Police believe the suitcase was then dumped behind a bush alongside the Karoonda Highway, two kilometres west of Wynarka, up to three-and-a-half months ago.
They believe that somebody unknown at some stage tipped out most of the contents of the suitcase behind the bush, including the child's remains, before dragging the suitcase onto the verge.
Police said the suitcase was first noticed by a member of the public shortly after road works were completed in March.

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2015-...fy-who-emptied-suitcase-child-remains/6643172

Police believe the suitcase was then dumped behind a bush alongside the Karoonda Highway, two kilometres west of Wynarka, up to three-and-a-half months ago.
They believe that somebody unknown at some stage tipped out most of the contents of the suitcase behind the bush, including the child's remains, before dragging the suitcase onto the verge.
Police said the suitcase was first noticed by a member of the public shortly after road works were completed in March.

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2015-...fy-who-emptied-suitcase-child-remains/6643172
I really hope that this person comes forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members