AUS - Khandalyce Kiara Pearce, Wynarka, Bones of a Child Discovered, July'15 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Domestic Violence? - I had read the now disappeared news and learned of DV in this special murder case. The news were very appropriate to that what we are discussing on the Pistorius thread.

Ah! Yes, domestic violence seems to fit. Not sure why I assumed it was an individual's initials.

Interestingly, while researching this case, I came across a parental kidnapping case where the mother, an Australian was accused of fabricating DV in order to manipulate Canadian authorities into letting her board a plane with her infant daughter despite a court order barring her to do so. Once back in Australia, she was able to have the baby declared an Australian citizen which left the Canadian father powerless. This happened very recently and if true it really is unfortunate and damaging to women or men who truly are victims of DV. Sorry...went OT.

I know, but there's more in this case that stands out to me. But I don't know if I'm allowed to write that here, cause it is pure speculation. And of course there doesn't has to be a link, it might just be coincidence.

DutchTreat if there is something that you're not sure about posting. run it by me privately and I'll let you know if it's ok.

So looking at this quilt again, it looks like it was paper pieced and not piece quilted. This means that the person used a technique that they cut out the hexagons and folded over each raw edge of fabric and hand or machine stitched each item to one large piece of fabric. When you piece quilt you would cut out each piece and then the little triangles to make the hexagons into squares which you would then line up with other shapes to make your rows and then connect all of them together to make an entire quilt top. Once you have a top, you would cut a big layer of batting to sandwich between the top and a large piece of fabric to form a back. You then quilt the three pieces together, going through all layers and finish it all off with a binding that goes all the way around the edge of the quilt.

Another thing about alphabet quilts is that some people would really stretch what the letter would stand for and what the fabric would represent. The child would know what it is though because when you play the game with them, and go through all of the squares the name of that square would be revealed to them.

In the case of the camel, I believe it is in the spot for H. I think it is supposed to represent Hot. lol.

The second reason that I think that is because if you look near the bottom of the 3rd hex, you can see the shape of a cute, silly cow fabric. The dragonfly fabric came off from the 4th hex. I also found an area where I saw a frog. I'll put together a pic of where I see what but I have some other obligations that need to get done first.

Ok, so here are the camel pics we have for comparison now:

View attachment 79357View attachment 79359View attachment 79360
http://www.quiltsbyladyzoe.com/store-products-QBLZP16-_1097688228.html

I don't know how to make the first two or three bigger together as 1 pic for easier comparison, if someone else does that would be great thanks. I'm still getting the hang of things around here.

Thank you forgivemenot, JaneSA and Nataliah for posting the pictures in this thread.

You guys are onto it! Looks like an exact match to me!!

I think they are minarets.

View attachment 79348

Amazing what different people see! I looked at this for a while and saw a honey pot with a spoon (orange colored shape in the middle of the green section) and a teddy bear's head (near the top right of the hexagon). But it's so hard to know if the black lines and sledges are part of the picture or decomposing fabric...what a puzzle.

Congrats to all on working out the Camel pic and for the rest of the detective work on the quilt. I don't know anything about quitting and am very impressed!

Neither am I but I researched this idea for several hours and decided she would likely be too old and tall to match the remains. Jmo but the times would match perfectly as would the lack of a missing child report filed by a parent.

Yes, Leela is slightly out of the age range, though I recall police saying initially that they thought the remains belonged to a child of between 2 and 7 years of age. Sorry about the horrible topic, but that shows how badly degraded the bones must have been. There's an enormous difference between a 2 year old (just a big baby really) and a 7 year old (small, grown person), not just in size but in the proportions of the head to the body and in other areas as well. So it's possible that forensics are not completely sure of the age and height, even now that they've said they've narrowed things down to to a 2-4 age range.

Leela was 6 in 2007 - within the original age range police thought.

I'm still interested in this possible connection, because to me the Wynarka case is really a missing persons case. Where is this poor girl's mother?

In the case of the camel, I believe it is in the spot for H. I think it is supposed to represent Hot. lol.

RSBM

H for hump?

ETA, the camel pic is only in the correct position for H if you turn the quilt 90 degrees clockwise, and that displaces the P for pumpkin and S for stars. Otherwise, the camel is in the N position.

RSBM

H for hump?

ETA, the camel pic is only in the correct position for H if you turn the quilt 90 degrees clockwise, and that displaces the P for pumpkin and S for stars. Otherwise, the camel is in the N position.

Yes! I totally agree, it would probably be for Hump.

Regarding which way the camel would be facing would all depend on how the rest of the quilt is put together. To make an I-Spy quilt a little trickier you would not make each fabric face the same direction but would purposely put the pieces facing any which way. It makes it more random since they are just floating balls when you hold it out. (O/T - One really cute pattern that I like that is a similar concept looks like little mason jars sitting on a shelf and then you find all kinds of creepy crawlies print fabric and marbled fabric to look like mysterious liquids in the jars. It would be super cute for a baby or toddler quilt!)

imo, THIS item of clothing is very important.

The brand is unusual, as is the Made In Australia.

They will be traceable in my opinion.

72fe3337587234a62fdbb05464e0b0a2.jpg

Here are a couple of fabrics that I can see. Maybe some of you guys that are so good at finding them can put your skills to the test again on a couple more.

Here's where I see a frog themed print. It looks like there are full frog bodies as well as just the legs as frogs dive into a pond. I remember an old print that included lily pads it was a blue/green/white color combo.

aus quilt frog and frog legs.jpg

Here's where I can see a gray and white cow. It looks like a fun print.
aus quilt cow.jpg

Traditionally in Australia at least, the person who is responsible for the death of a child is that childs parent or carer. In this case, the inclusion of a blanket tends to support that.

I sincerely doubt this is a Missing Persons Case.

Mum knows. Sad but statistically most likely.

The house seen at 00.23 is for sale? Or did you notice something else?
She could have seen potential buyers/ real estate person for the property on sale.
She's the one who saw the man without a suitcase isn't she?

I'm thinking that buyers/real estate person would be ruled out - unless they were on foot too.
I think she is coming forward as a witness to seeing the elderly gentleman. (minus the suitcase)

This is where it's gets a little interesting in regard to location of her sighting. Recap the video and notice her hand gestures of the sighting... from her left heading right.

Taking into account 2 witnesses see man carrying suitcase at point A .... witness at point B see man without suitcase.

I have no downloads left (grrr children) But if I did I would have made up a map of the sighting spots...... as I think it may help visually to have some clarity to where this man was seen and walked.....

Witness (without suitcase) lives at almost the end of row of houses.
2 women see man (with suitcase) exact spot I'm not 100% sure ... ladies say walking towards the hwy and across the railway line. I have found a link on my phone where the lead detective is being interviewed and states he is standing near (just in front) of where these two women saw the man. I don't know how to share from my phone ... but the interview can be found by googling "Murdered and Dumped:childs bones found near Wynarka"

So my question is was the man seen walking to get the suitcase? then turned around and was then sometime shortly later observed carrying it back into town....over the railway line and onto the hwy?

As I said something is not adding up for me ... This suitcase in my opinion could have come directly from a home in that town.

Traditionally in Australia at least, the person who is responsible for the death of a child is that childs parent or carer. In this case, the inclusion of a blanket tends to support that.

I sincerely doubt this is a Missing Persons Case.

Mum knows. Sad but statistically most likely.

I agree, SapphireSteel. Statistics everywhere, not just Australia, overwhelmingly support what you say.

The fact that seemingly the mother has never reported the child missing also suggests she is involved. It's a missing persons case only in the sense that we are looking for a mother who's conspicuous in her absence as far as this recent turn of events goes.

My only slight problem with the idea of the mother being involved is the degree of violence in the death, which is suggestive of a really sadistic killer, and not so much of a mentally-disturbed or post-natally -depressed mother who has killed her child in anger or frustration - an all too common occurrence.

I also have have a feeling, reading between the lines of police reports, that violence occurred after her death as well, although I admit I'm speculating there. If something awful like that happened, that would also be more consistent with someone outside the family and not the mother, as far as I have read.

But that only brings us back to the question of why the disappearance or death have not been reported by the mother, or anyone for else for that matter. It's all very confusing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back