AUS - Khandalyce Kiara Pearce, Wynarka, Bones of a Child Discovered, July'15 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's unlikely that suitcase man is from anywhere near Wynarka. It's a rural town that you would miss if you blinked so I get the feeling he probably drove there purely to dump the suitcase with Angels remains which may be why he was wandering around with it. Maybe he was looking for somewhere obvious but not too obvious to put her. I think he returned several weeks later to possibly move her again but found the suitcase was disturbed so he just left. For all we know this man and Angel could be from anywhere in Australia. I'm really beginning to think she isn't local to that area. My opinion only of course

I agree. I don't think suitcase man was from Wynarka either.

But I do think poor little Angel's remains were in fact in Wynarka or the outskirts all along, and that suitcase man specifically went there to retrieve and find a place to dispose of the suitcase. Otherwise there is no reason I can think of for him to make a considered detour via Wynarka. It is a really small town and off the main highway.

So another lady has replied about the camel fabric, she purchased it from a store in the UK 7years ago http://www.abakhan.co.uk/

She kindly sent me a pic of the fabric she has, it also has the name of the fabric on it.

View attachment 79851

-------------------------------

Timeless treasure fabrics has one distributor for australia.

INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTOR - WHOLESALE
Macs Crafts

Unit 6, 30-32 Foundry Rd, Seven Hills NSW 2147, Australia
Phone: 02 8824 1111
Fax: 02 9674 4088
sales@macscrafts.com.au
http://www.macscrafts.com.au

Sorry for quoting myself but i emailed this company yesterday. And asked them if they could let me know what stores they sold the fabric too, i gave them a good description of the fabric as well....

Hi,

Unfortunately tt3022 is not an item we have ever received into our warehouse, so I am unable to direct you to any stores.

Kind Regards,
mar
---------------------------------------------

Now im just frustrated, :tantrum:

Sorry for quoting myself but i emailed this company yesterday. And asked them if they could let me know what stores they sold the fabric too, i gave them a good description of the fabric as well....

Hi,

Unfortunately tt3022 is not an item we have ever received into our warehouse, so I am unable to direct you to any stores.

Kind Regards,
mar

Don't be frustrated. You're doing great. I noticed on the pic of the camel fabric that the wording is Timeless Treasures Fabric Inc. A Google search shows that there is a Facebook with this name selling quilting materials.

I was about to say the same thing. You wouldn't drive through Wynarka on the way from Forreston to Leeton. It would be a big detour on a little-known route. It's not a popular route in any case, and no reason to drive that way at all.

Let's say the dumper, whoever it may be - suitcase man or no suitcase man - was for some reason heading towards Adelaide/away from Melbourne or some other eastern location...

If someone did happen to be driving back in this direction with a body in their possession and had so far been unable to decide how/when to dump it, it would probably dawn on them right around about Tailem Bend that they were about to arrive in Adelaide and had better quickly dump their load. There is no way anyone would dispose of the suitcase on the main freeway which is extremely busy. They would be sighted immediately. Instead, they would probably and hurriedly opt to turn off the beaten track. It's probably safe to say that the Australian instinct in terms off getting 'of the beaten track' would be to turn inland, not towards the coast. Turning inland at Tailem Bend, of course, takes you to Wynarka.

Something along these lines that I have sometimes wondered ... to the folk of this tiny town the suitcase man appeared utterly conspicuous. But I wonder, would someone from the big smoke, for example, feel conspicuous wondering through a distant, isolated, unremarkable town? Or would they feel like they were in the middle of nowhere and utterly forgettable? I have a feeling I would feel this way: nowhere and nothing, rather than something to be indelibly imprinted on everyone's memory.

Edit: to remove reference to Stephanie Scott case (sorry Makara just read your post to that effect).

Great point. Which leaves me with a possible 3 scenarios:

1/ He was a local. I do not believe that.

2/ He was dropped off: so why leave him to walk through the town? Surely, if you're going to go to the effort of driving then dropping him off, you'd wait till he'd retrieved the suitcase and drive him on further to a convenient drop off point?

3/ He drove: in which case, why the walk through town? Maybe drove somewhere out of town, then backtracked to retrieve the suitcase, walked 2kms, dumped the suitcase, got in his car - doesn't make any kind of sense to me. Then again, nothing about this case does.

I always imagine that suitcase man would have been very distressed, and that this might explain his wandering around - panicked but not able to make a decision

Hi,

Kind Regards,
mar

Oh drats! Super drats! But that still tells us something.

Q'n for those who used to work in fabric stores. Did fabric sales people ever send sample fabrics to the stores? Could the camel print have been in a fabric sample book?

Could all of the fabrics in the quilt have been in a sample book, hence the existence of the pumpkin print too, that was never purchased much anywhere? Was the sample book made into a quilt?

Thank god I am not the only one. I was going to post before that they said there were 50 items of clothing in that suitcase, and I imagine that if they showed them all, there would be a lot of people that would recognise at least 5 items, especially people with a few kids.

I have just emailed crimestoppers with the info I could recall. FWIW.

Do you remember if you disposed of both butterfly slippers at the same time. Or that they could have been split up?

Hi,

Kind Regards,
mar

Wait .. I'm pretty sure the fabric was not tt3022 but a different set of first letters. I wonder if they just looked up the wrong letters. I must go back qnd check the product code.

Do you remember if you disposed of both butterfly slippers at the same time. Or that they could have been split up?

This I can't recall. Although it is highly likely that I could have gotten rid of just one, as quite often I would only have one, due to the other going missing etc, especially with my kids own shoes, slippers etc, they would be split up across bags or cases, as I could never seem to find two at the same time. A bit like the sock paradox that plagues our household, in which one of a pair will go missing, and you simply will not find the other one until you have tossed the first one. Then the other one mysteriously appears from whatever time looping alternative universe it had been in.

Could all of the fabrics in the quilt have been in a sample book, hence the existence of the pumpkin print too, that was never purchased much anywhere? Was the sample book made into a quilt?

Here's a picture of a fabric sample book. The swatches are plenty big enough to make into the snowballs for the quilt.

Now ... just to figure out if Timeless Treasures Fabrics had sample books that were sent to the stores.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fabric-Samp...647?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item33a6239bff

Have we heard if the suitcase was degraded too much to retrieve any dna/fingerprints from the outside? I was just thinking that if they had managed to retrieve fingerprints they might be able to identify local petty thieves who might have stolen the suitcase from a shed/outhouse.

I made several quilts a few years back, and I ordered fabric from all over the world for them. Often it worked out cheaper to buy fabric and have it shipped from the US than to buy it in England. I sold some of the leftovers on ebay, so if someone had done something similar in Aus it may not be traceable through local shops.

ive been going over all the footage and Detective Superintendent Des Bray said that Suitcase man has remained in the area for a period of time. So if he was in the area for a while but the witnesses did not recognize him as a local then he was staying with a local who knows they are looking for him and are keeping their mouth shut. OR he was in the area for work ie: roadworks, etc and he was being put up in a motel while works were being done....... anyone else getting frustrated because no matter what theory we come up with seems useless because there is noone out there to tell us we are heading in the right direction or we are cold :(

ive been going over all the footage and Detective Superintendent Des Bray said that Suitcase man has remained in the area for a period of time. So if he was in the area for a while but the witnesses did not recognize him as a local then he was staying with a local who knows they are looking for him and are keeping their mouth shut. OR he was in the area for work ie: roadworks, etc and he was being put up in a motel while works were being done....... anyone else getting frustrated because no matter what theory we come up with seems useless because there is noone out there to tell us we are heading in the right direction or we are cold :(

or he was there for work of some sort in march when first noticed and had come back for work in april and decided to go check on suitcase whilst there?

Personally if I wanted to build a shed on a large rural property and lived in that Council area, I would just do it. I can't see too many people in large rural Councils being too concerned about getting Council approval etc. The odds of getting caught without approval are low, especially if you aren't intending to sell within a few years. So for every DA that was lodged correctly and approval obtained, there is almost certainly a lot more works that have been undertaken illegally without approval/consent.

Some of those farm sheds can be A LOT OF MONEY and the council can now check via google maps to see if there has been trees felled or burnt, land levelled or items built.

I certainly would not risk having council coming in and telling me to remove a huge expensive shed. Trust me, they would, with no hesitation. My brother graded a road on his 40 hectare property and council was there within days with guns blazing.
Not all neighbours turn a blind eye.

Anyway I can only imagine how tiny some of Angel's bones were......the 206 bones in a human skeleton can be divided into two major divisions. The axial skeleton is comprised of 80 bones and makes up the spinal column, rib cage, and skull. The appendicular skeleton is comprised of 126 bones and makes up the pelvis and extremities (arms and legs).Nov 5, 2013

i knew they had said she had died a violent death but i just heard in a old news footage video a journo say "police wont reveal how the child died because it is so shocking so they are keeping it to themselves at this stage" hearing that just made my heart shatter all over again

I made several quilts a few years back, and I ordered fabric from all over the world for them. Often it worked out cheaper to buy fabric and have it shipped from the US than to buy it in England. I sold some of the leftovers on ebay, so if someone had done something similar in Aus it may not be traceable through local shops.

That's quite true, but I wonder how likely it would be that someone would, buy online, just enough fabric to make a 5" or 12.5 cm square. The whole quilt is only a metre/yard square, quite small, so it hardly makes economic sense to buy fabrics online. It doesn't look like the quilter looked for just the perfect fabrics for a particular co-ordinated look.

If the quilter bought more of the camel print, then there ought to be another quilt out there somewhere with the same print. Unless the whole, finished quilt came from 'away'.

Does Australia keep a DNA database of felons?

Nope. We don't know what DNA is downunder, Crikey we've only just got penicillin here.
We have kangaroos still hopping down the main streets of Sydney and koalas camping on the roof of our opera house. Bloody things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95