AUS - Khandalyce Kiara Pearce, Wynarka, Bones of a Child Discovered, July'15 - #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh gosh, it's not THAT bad :)
I was up in Murray Bridge yesterday and it's a thriving town and very pretty with a lot of civic pride evident.
Wynarka and Karoonda are simply farming communities.
These areas are no worse for drugs and crime than anywhere else in Australia.

I have to agree with you here JaneSA. To read about it on here it sounds like a veritable cesspit of bad people. My aunt and uncle lived there back in the 80's through to the 2000's, and it was your typical country town, with a lot of civic pride.

I do know that there has been more trouble there in recent years, and I think this can be blamed on the population being more mobile, distance not being the barrier it once was, and cheap housing is available. Combine this with a decreasing workforce, and the job market dwindling, and it is easy to see it would have some issues. Every country town will get their share of ratbags, but I don't think Murray Bridge is any worse than any other. I have been waiting for a local from Murray Bridge to join up here and defend their town, but it hasn't happened yet.

re the posts regarding the distance from Wynarka to the coast. I think if the MM link has been ruled out, the thought that the victim could have arrived by boat be ruled out too. It is considered to be inland. I think it would be more likely that this will turn out to be a little child who is a victim of something domestic.

I have been looking at the gopro video to try and work out where the sighting of the possible suitcase was.
This image is from [video=youtube;hn_5fTWCnME]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hn_5fTWCnME[/video] at 4.41

See the stobie pole base to the right? (Telegraph pole to none south aussies)

stobie.gif

I have virtual travelled up and down the highway from Karoonda to Wynarka and I cannot see any stobie poles, either on the side of the road or along the railway track.
I had hoped it might help me pin point the spot but it hasn't.
Posting it here n cse it helps anyone else.

Just a thought I had when doing a keyword search on Facebook for "Wynarka" - there seems to be a fair few groups which have videos of endurance racing out in the area - would be interesting to see if there are any videos similar to ShaunO's which show anything interesting or which may help narrow the timeframe of when the suitcase was dumped?

Thanks so much for that, bearbear. It's good to know that police seem to be gathering quite a bit of information, isn't it?

I still find it a bit strange that these details are being reported in a newspaper first and not brought to public attention via police, particularly in this particular case where the help being sought from the public is such an important aspect of the investigation. Is it just me?

Interesting that suitcase man has been seen by a dozen or so people (more than the number of permanent residents in Wynarka, apparently! Talk about distinguishing yourself!).

But doesn't that mean, assuming all or most of those twelve people have actually been seeing the same person, that people must have got a reasonable look at the man's face, or at least a more detailed look at his clothing than the description we have been given? How else could police be sure it was the same man without a certain level of detail? Unless he was carrying the suitcase each time..

And if police do have a more detailed description, why haven't they shared it with the public? Could it mean they are getting somewhere regarding this man?
Does Mr Rule's article tell us anything we didn't already know? sure he has embellished some details to "pad" out the story, but is there anything new? Also it is one thing for us on this forum to work out, and talk about different scenarios, but a serious journo that's getting paid for a living? not on!!
eg: "The killer or someone close to him or her then covered the body in a pile of clothes — maybe in an empty room, a cupboard or a shed. Then they left it for years — long enough to be reduced to a skeleton.

Then, probably early this year, something happened — something that prompted whoever had hidden the body to want to move it. The killer or an accomplice jammed the clothing and the skeleton into a suitcase and took it from the hiding place
." What kind of reporting/journalism is that? where is his evidence? You cant just make stories up like that for general publication and expect to be taken seriously.

Just a thought I had when doing a keyword search on Facebook for "Wynarka" - there seems to be a fair few groups which have videos of endurance racing out in the area - would be interesting to see if there are any videos similar to ShaunO's which show anything interesting or which may help narrow the timeframe of when the suitcase was dumped?

I understand that would be interesting. But we know the suitcase was there. We need to know who it is.....[emoji31]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I understand that would be interesting. But we know the suitcase was there. We need to know who it is.....[emoji31]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was thinking more along the lines of pinpointing when it was put there, and whether the timing rules "suitcase man" in or out.

I was up in Murray Bridge yesterday and it's a thriving town and very pretty with a lot of civic pride evident.

I'm sure it's not a terrible place JaneSA I was responding to a post suggesting the father was the grandfather=incest, that's a horrid scenario and that's the reason I referred to it as being Godforsaken.

In a few suburbs close to me I saw drug effected woman publicly laying on bench seat with a toddler roaming unattended closeby. This scene could be from anywhere due to the use of drugs.

It has been suggested here that mothers don't kill their children but inadvertently they can contribute to their deaths.

:help:
I have been under the impression the police believe this little girl lived reasonably locally or within the Murray Mallee region for at least some of her life? I've been searching on the SA police website and can't find any specific mention of this however. Either it has been removed or this is another assumption that I have picked up from media reports...I could have sworn it was a fact that actually came from a police source? Has anyone else on here thought this?

Does Mr Rule's article tell us anything we didn't already know? sure he has embellished some details to "pad" out the story, but is there anything new? Also it is one thing for us on this forum to work out, and talk about different scenarios, but a serious journo that's getting paid for a living? not on!!
eg: "The killer or someone close to him or her then covered the body in a pile of clothes — maybe in an empty room, a cupboard or a shed. Then they left it for years — long enough to be reduced to a skeleton.

Then, probably early this year, something happened — something that prompted whoever had hidden the body to want to move it. The killer or an accomplice jammed the clothing and the skeleton into a suitcase and took it from the hiding place
." What kind of reporting/journalism is that? where is his evidence? You cant just make stories up like that for general publication and expect to be taken seriously.

I agree, and a lot of his speculation sounds like he read it here first.

Are they cheap to temporarily live in? Is it possible that the child would have lived rural temporarily because her parents needed a cheap place to live? Or flee some sort of mess they were in?

And if so. How would they have gone about finding a cheap place to stay? Internet, paper ? A real estate agent woud seem less likely or not?
Could they have been renting something and not been oficially registered doing so?

hi guys ive just had a thought. I imagine some of the people who looked in that case were Geo Cachers. For those that do not know, Geo caching is a relatively new activity where containers, items and clues are hidden in various locations and can be solved and found using a geo cache app. I originally checked to see if the location was actually set as a geo cache but im not too good at the distance thing. My app shows HEAPS if Geo Cache stops through that area in the vicinity, i havent yet gone through each one to see when it was created and what all the descriptions say but im windering if Angel was discovered by a family or group on a Geo Cache session, we regularly do it - puck and area and geo cache all the way to and from the location. These are the caches showing up on my app.

Cache is a medium sized http://www.geocaching.com/seek/log.aspx?LUID=3b711f47-6752-438d-856c-b371190116ce

Is this what the pile of rocks are marking?

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/log.aspx?LUID=3b711f47-6752-438d-856c-b371190116ce

In this last link it refers to 'a cach creep'? Could the suitcaseman been involved with geocaching as there appears there were many searches going on at this time.

Was this suitcase meant to be a gruesome prank to BE found?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    5 KB · Views: 129
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 131

Same in this country.

What makes it hard is we tend to stereotype people. Criminals look like this, murderers like that. Half the time we're all shocked to death when a criminal turns out to be an attractive, clean cut, employed citizen.

lol my son saw me opening it up and asked what it was all about .... guess what we are doing next school holidays!!!

Off topic, but we took the kids out today and found our first caches. Was a great day of walking in the sunshine, discovering new places and lots of free fun :)

MOO!!

First Wynarka Cache
A cache by GeoLachlan 93 Message this owner Hidden : 7/11/2008 In South Australia, Australia

Geocache Description:

In the middle of a large open space approx 200 by 500 metres, within a few metres of a railway track. Fairly easy to access, if you have a car with lots of petrol. May need a small amount of climbing, but not much.

Cache is a medium sized microvave container, contains logbook, footy cards and a keyring and has a lot of room for more trinkets. I think a train station used to be here, but i'm not sure.

http://www.geocaching.com/geocache/...che?guid=38b8a447-50c5-4b0a-89fc-156df2792112

Is this what the pile of rocks are marking?

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/log.aspx?LUID=3b711f47-6752-438d-856c-b371190116ce

In this last link it refers to 'a cach creep'? Could the suitcaseman been involved with geocaching as there appears there were many searches going on at this time.
Was this suitcase meant to be a gruesome prank to BE found?

I know nothing about geocaching, but it is true that there were people looking for hidden caches between March 1st and June 19th? At a spot where they most likely would have seen the suitcase, had it been there?

Would it be possible that whoever left the suitcase, put it deliberately close to a geocaching spot, so it would be found?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cowboy89