AUS - Khandalyce Kiara Pearce, Wynarka, Bones of a Child Discovered, July'15 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
JaneSA I think you are spot on about that. I'm sure someone took it thinking it might contain something of value then dumped it when they saw it contained manky clothes.

Now I'm wondering how he knew roughly where to look for it, if indeed the suitcase man is him.

It's one solution to explain why the bones and clothes were still together.

If you want to destroy evidence of the crime 7-8 years later, your don't leave all the evidence together in a suitcase.
Scatter the bones and burn the clothes and nobody will find a trace.

But if the case was kept for sentimental reasons then it makes sense these items are together.
Therefore the case was removed from its long-term hiding place.

So what if the mother has finally run away, on foot, at night.
Carrying the case containing her dead child's remains and mementos, she leaves them in the bush because they are getting too heavy.
Perhaps she gave up her flight and returned home.
Perhaps he found her further down the road.

Then she tells him approximately where she left the case and he goes searching for it, with another, larger case to enclose it all in if he finds it.

All these scenarios involving young girls held captive and having babies who were subsequently murdered seem really far-fetched to me.
After all, we know that someone made this child a hand-made quilt and bought her trendy clothes, so she cannot have lived in total isolation.
I think it will turn out to be a much more mundane domestic violence crime.

It does seem far fetched, but the odd thing is that no one has come forward to report her missing.

It does seem far fetched, but the odd thing is that no one has come forward to report her missing.

That's what gets me! Unless the quilt maker is deceased or implicated in this, I believe they would have come forward. One thing I remember well is that Phillip Garrido's wife was completely aware of what he was doing.

If someone's mother or aunt made this blanket for a child, surely they would be asking where this child was. And that's me being stereotypically of quilt makers, an assuming they motherly type women. I myself sew and I rarely see people on my age group at the sew shops.

I keep coming back to this thought as well.

The only reason I can see that no one would report her missing is if no one else knew of her existence in the first place.

I'm very interested to know whether the police have ruled out Melissa Brown/Trussell as a relative through dna matching.

I also think that the perpetrator likely hasn't been caught for any other serious crimes and therefore isn't worried about their dna being on record.

Maybe not. But in criminological terms, the chances of him (assuming it's a 'him') never having committed a serious crime before this are slim to none.

He would be most likely to have a string of petty crimes of increasing severity behind him, building up to some very unpleasant crimes as well. You don't suddenly commit a heinous crime of the highest order out of the blue; it doesn't happen. That's a so-called 'crime of passion' and it normally is a violent reaction to a partner because of jealousy (e.g. discovering a spouse had been unfaithful). It doesn't really translate into violence against children.

These things can be concealed from law enforcement, but IMO there are likely to be people around the perp who know of at least some of his misdeeds- those connected with the little girl, and crimes unrelated to her - because they themselves have probably in one way or another been victims.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...htFem-Skeletal-Ivan-Milat-victim-Aug-10/page8

Quote Originally Posted by Kraki View Post
First article in German and guess what, Angel is there:http://www.welt.de/vermischtes/arti...s-Leiche-im-Wald-des-Backpacker-Moerders.html

They state that police believes Angel is from Europe because of their teeths, signs of Western dentistry are visible! They suspect she is from Western Europe. They were not able to find any dental records or charts similar to that of Angel, anywhere in Australia. It was published in die Welt (the World), which is huge in Germany so many people probably saw it!
She looks Eastern European or Polish to me. We have many seasonal agricultural workers in Holland. And when they live here, they also have Dutch health insurance. So they also use our dentists. I think it would be the same if they were working in Germany.

But that would fit in with what I had been thinking. Eastern European young woman lured abroad with the prospect of season jobs and then exploited (prostitution).

This 'Angel' could very well be 'our Angels' mother (what's in a name). And might also have been kept by Milat's entourage. The thing with Eastern European people is that most of them can speak German. Even if they come from different countries. So I think this 'Angel' could have ended up in the hands of a group of men around Milat. (Milat killed several Germans, so a German speaking Eastern European woman would fit the profile). Could have given birth to Wynarka's little Angel and could have lived in or around Wynarka for a short while.
Little Angel could have been the victim of DV. And the mother after her death being taken back to the Milat killing field.

It's a long shot. But it could very well be a possibility.

It's the woman mentioned in this article:
http://www.illawarramercury.com.au/...-face-to-the-faceless-belanglo-woman/#slide=2

I just posted this in a thread about:

Belanglo State Forest NSW WhtFem Skeletal - Ivan Milat victim?, Aug'10

Their dna will link up then I hope. What shame for both.

Maybe not. But in criminological terms, the chances of him (assuming it's a 'him') never having committed a serious crime before this are slim to none.

He would be most likely to have a string of petty crimes of increasing severity behind him, building up to some very unpleasant crimes as well. You don't suddenly commit a heinous crime of the highest order out of the blue; it doesn't happen. That's a so-called 'crime of passion' and it normally is a violent reaction to a partner because of jealousy (e.g. discovering a spouse had been unfaithful). It doesn't really translate into violence against children.

These things can be concealed from law enforcement, but IMO there are likely to be people around the perp who know of at least some of his misdeeds- those connected with the little girl, and crimes unrelated to her - because they themselves have probably in one way or another been victims.

True, but there are always exceptions. Just think of Neal Falls, the likelihood is that he was a prolific serial killer, his only brush with the law was a string of parking tickets.

Can anyone who can obviously see better than me (HAHA) mark out the quilt blocks already identified? Obviously, I can turn a camel into goldfish so I'm not the best candidate here. ;)

Also, would that have been pieced onto a larger musical notes piece? There had to be something between the hex blocks. I hope it was musical notes, going by my elusive short term memory today.

Can anyone who can obviously see better than me (HAHA) mark out the quilt blocks already identified? Obviously, I can turn a camel into goldfish so I'm not the best candidate here. ;)

Also, would that have been pieced onto a larger musical notes piece? There had to be something between the hex blocks. I hope it was musical notes, going by my elusive short term memory today.

The best picture is at message # 49 above.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...a-Bones-of-a-Child-Discovered-July-15-5/page4

Could the Suitcase Man actually be a woman, dressed up to look like a man?
That would explain why they chose morning rather than night to go walkabouts, because they wanted the locals to see a "man".
Also is it only locals who supposedly saw this suitcase man or did any outsiders see him too?

True, but there are always exceptions. Just think of Neal Falls, the likelihood is that he was a prolific serial killer, his only brush with the law was a string of parking tickets.

Also, domestic violence tends not to fit that pattern. Violence against the victim tends to escalate, but outside of the domestic situation, perpetrators are often quiet law-abiding types who look perfectly normal from outside and have no particular LE record.

I always thought Hell's Angels were based in California in the usa. I had mentioned I thought the body in Wynarka was put there as a threat to someone. I also think that went completely in the wrong direction for them and only motivated people to look harder for them.

My ex who was Canadian had a cousin who was a hells angel, and he was seriously such a nice guy in a family setting. However, what they did at the clubhouse or on excursions was never mentioned. He use to visit us but then he was put on the do not fly list because they are considered a terror group in Canada. The hells angels are a really wide spread group, and what I found interesting is that the Australian clubs seem to recruit middle eastern men, while here, and in Canada, they seem to show an extreme lack of diversity.

And while I don't think motorcycle clubs typically go around killing children and more of their issues are between other clubs, I think it's important to consider any serious element of criminal activity.

ETA: sorry for my abundance of typos, I typically post from my phone and my LO managed to smash it in its $80 life proof case so it's even harder to post for me than usual!

That's what gets me! Unless the quilt maker is deceased or implicated in this, I believe they would have come forward. One thing I remember well is that Phillip Garrido's wife was completely aware of what he was doing.

If someone's mother or aunt made this blanket for a child, surely they would be asking where this child was. And that's me being stereotypically of quilt makers, an assuming they motherly type women. I myself sew and I rarely see people on my age group at the sew shops.

It might just have been someone who knew about the child living in a DV situation and who cared about her.
Let's not forget the police have mentioned (I think more than once) that people might be afraid to come forward because they may feel threatened or are afraid.

What would you do if you suspected something awful happened to a child and you're told to shut up cause your child might be next. Or something along that line...

What makes the police think Angel had a traumatic death?
Did they find a damaged skull in the case?
If so I can't believe that the people who rummaged through the suitcase earlier didn't see it too. So why would they not report what they how found? Its not a crime to look through an abandoned, old suitcase.
Are the bones showing any signs of previous fractures or different stages of healing, suggesting ongoing abuse? If not maybe her death was a tragic accident.
Crushed by farm machinery or similar.
And why oh why didn't any of the residents have a nosey in the suitcase themselves. Surely if the case had been lying down the road for over 2 months, one of them would have been intrigued enough to look. Especially in such a small place.

Also, domestic violence tends not to fit that pattern. Violence against the victim tends to escalate, but outside of the domestic situation, perpetrators are often quiet law-abiding types who look perfectly normal from outside and have no particular LE record.

That's not the kind with unregistered children that live off the grid and aren't reported missing when they disappear.

We've all been wondering how you could hide a body considering the odor of decomposition. I just looked up eucalyptus and it's been used in embalming. Would branches/leaves have worked?

If you sealed a body up airtight (plastic? metal drum?) I suspect there would be little if any odor. And it still wouldn't surprise me if caustic chemicals were used to hasten decomp.

It might just have been someone who knew about the child living in a DV situation and who cared about her.
Let's not forget the police have mentioned (I think more than once) that people might be afraid to come forward because they may feel threatened or are afraid.

What would you do if you suspected something awful happened to a child and you're told to shut up cause your child might be next. Or something along that line...

Personally, I would run to the police with child in tow as soon as I could, but I agree with what you are proposing and think that could be a very valid explanation of why no one has come forward yet.

With that said, and without growing my conspiracy theories to all new heights, we have discussed pedophile rings and such...I really don't know much about those or how they work because it literally just boils my blood, but, when these rings are exposed, do they typically include people of power, i.e. Politicians, police officers?

I also imagine if you were in a DV situation and the person worked in LE you would truly feel you have no way to safely come forward,

JMO but, just because there was a handmade quilt with the bones of this child does not mean that someone is out there who must be worried about where this child is.

I have made a lot of quilts throughout my years. Some of those quilts have been for children of my ex-husband's family, ex co-worker's children and I have even sold some quilts that I have made. I wouldn't wonder where any of those children were as they aren't in my life.

Also, I have heard that this quilt would have been made by an advanced quilter. I disagree with that theory. This quilt was paper pieced and was not a traditionally made quilt. Basically, it was more of an appliqued together quilt. It was made by using one very large piece of material as a backing piece and then hexagons were sewn on one at a time.

There is much less precision and skill required when making a quilt in this fashion as compared to when you sew triangles to each corner of the hexagon to form squares and then sew all of the squares into rows and sew the rows together to form the quilt top. There would be no matching up the corners, no points to match up, it is a quilt that a beginner could do with ease. Especially since they used a sewing machine to attach each hexagon and didn't do any hand sewing.

This is JMO based on a lifetime of quilting and sewing experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member