AUS - Khandalyce Kiara Pearce, Wynarka, Bones of a Child Discovered, July'15 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the link, Snoopdog. I'm torn between thinking that I should keep my doubts about the pumpkin print quietly to myself, and wanting to scream that she might be wrong.

I asked our local quilt store owner what she thought about the pumpkin print. She's owned the store for 30 years. Here's what she said.

"Interesting that the rest of it has decomposed but this patch hasn't! It makes me think that the quilt patch is maybe from the 60's when polyester blends were starting to be used. They don't break down as easily as cottons ( my 40+year old sheets are testament to that theory! Lol.). The pattern seems to me from about that era too. "

Well, that's just a anecdotal opinion, fwiw. But she does have a lot of experience with fabric.

If the fabric was old stock, then perhaps it was selling a lot cheaper than some of the other fabrics in the store and was therefore a popular choice with customers?

It's so odd that the woman would specifically say that she sold lots of the pumpkin fabric. I don't like to doubt her word, but obviously, it's not a common print and it's not likely a quilting fabric. Plus, it's a seasonal fabric, not one that people would rush out to buy.

If she sold lots of it, then people would have items made from the fabric, but I have scoured all the SA quilters' photo sites I can find, and it hasn't appeared. It seems to have no on-line presence at all.

Because it seems to be unique, I think that we should continue to look for the source and not give up simply because she thinks that she sold a lot of it. It's a key bit of evidence that could lead to the killer, so I don't think it should be ignored.

Possibly because it would have been used mainly in the years before Internet?

I remember seeing the pumpkin fabric used as curtains in a rural holiday house. Odd, but it was an old asbestos house. I guess the material was bright and colourful.
I do remember the table cloth someone mentioned too. But it was plastic I thought too with the material backing.
Possibly because it would have been used mainly in the years before Internet?

an hour ago

Police Reporter Meagan DillonThe Advertiser

POLICE will step up their search of the area where the remains of a little girl were dumped in the Murray Mallee when mounted horse patrols head to Wynarka today.

It has been almost six weeks since the skeletal remains were found by a passing motorist near a suitcase and clothing on the fringe of the Karoonda Highway

Major Crime detectives and two teams from the Mounted Operations Unit will search along the highway and train tracks, about 2km west of Wynarka.

Detective Inspector Greg Hutchins, from the Major Crime Investigation Branch, will provide an update on the search later today.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/...itcase-was-found/story-fni6uo1m-1227495401834

https://twitter.com/MeaganDillon7

It's so odd that the woman would specifically say that she sold lots of the pumpkin fabric. I don't like to doubt her word, but obviously, it's not a common print and it's not likely a quilting fabric. Plus, it's a seasonal fabric, not one that people would rush out to buy.

If she sold lots of it, then people would have items made from the fabric, but I have scoured all the SA quilters' photo sites I can find, and it hasn't appeared. It seems to have no on-line presence at all.

Because it seems to be unique, I think that we should continue to look for the source and not give up simply because she thinks that she sold a lot of it. It's a key bit of evidence that could lead to the killer, so I don't think it should be ignored.

The Bridge Agencies shop wasn't just a quilt fabric shop, so its possible the fabric was sold on the roll, and was not a quilting fabric. From what i can gather online, one side of the shop was fabrics/sewing/craft and the other side was a variety store, and even sold toys at one time. The fabric reminds me of the cafe curtains you could buy on the roll, which usually had a border like the pumpkin print. You could also buy the border materials separately i think. Possibly even cafe curtains purchased that needed altering (too wide) and fabric cut from the side kept in stash for years. The lady in the interview may have a memory of some other craft or sewing item with that design on it -who knows, its a long time to remember. :thinking:

I agree - it looks like fabric that would have been used for kitchen cafe style curtains, tablecloths and other kitchen accessories (fabric covers for appliances like toasters and mixers etc. - that was a thing back in the day).

I think the Colt incest family should be looked at. The youngest was conceived in SA to a man Rhonda met in 2006. Is it not possible she had another child who was born in 2005 or 2006 with her at the time she met the father of her youngest child? They were fruit picking which is a activity that takes place in Murray Bridge which is in the area of Wynarka. Is it possible the father of her child Cindy killed an older child of hers? Cindy was 4 when she was removed in Sept 2012 which would make her conceived in 2007 which would place her in SA in the time this child was killed.
They have plenty of reason to hide from the law. Cindy was the only child proven to be fathered by a non family member. I alao noted there must be a big age gap between Cindy and her older siblings as they were not removed so it is possible another child was born in 2005 from this woman.

I agree - it looks like fabric that would have been used for kitchen cafe style curtains, tablecloths and other kitchen accessories (fabric covers for appliances like toasters and mixers etc. - that was a thing back in the day).
Something like this, not the same but very similar style of print
8728219671c09cf84db111d3bbb05c7f.jpg

Mounted police are conducting a 48-kilometre search towards the site where a girl's skeletal remains were found in South Australia's Murray Mallee as they continue to hunt for clues about the suspected murder.

"Because of the nature of where the girl was found, we really need to just see what else is out there," Inspector Hutchins said.

"The advantage of horses is they can travel longer distances quicker.

"Plus the riders are sitting up higher. The object is for them to search the road, find whatever they can find, then call police in and examine whatever they find."

Mounted operations will take place both today and Tuesday.

Inspector Hutchins said police had received 999 Crime Stopper notifications from the general public in relation to the case.

Police suspect somebody unknown tipped out most of the contents of the suitcase, including the bones, before dragging it onto the verge.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-08-24/police-to-return-to-roadside-where-bones-found/6718338

Here's another view. This was featured on the pamphlet the police were handing out in and around Wynarka earlier this month.

Playsuit%20front_zpsuktjpmqq.jpg

https://twitter.com/search?f=images&vertical=default&q=#wynarka&src=typd[/QUOTE

I've found another two rash vests matching the design as above but this time
in the same heart colour sequence. So it maybe possible this top is part of a swim set?
I wish we knew if it was nylon or cotton. I'm pretty sure it was previously pink though!
attachment.php

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Roxy-Bab...D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

attachment.php

Sold on gumtree Roxy size 2 girls rash vest.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 190
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 189
I wonder why they are focusing their search area from Tailem bend to Karoonda and not Murray Bridge to Karoonda.

hi bessie, sorry off topici still cant log into websleuths page just keep getting the v bulletin msg, tried everything, deleting history, cookies, cache, different server, rebooting etc, im getting a tech in tthis week to look at some other pc issues so will see if they can help? are others having this problem? nearly used this months phone data!

bearbear sorry I'm sure you have already mentioned but what system are you running?

I was just looking in google images at toaster covers, and have fallen in love with them, some of them are so cute :)

I started covering my toaster with a tea towel in summer just in case an insect got in, not that I have many, I use an insect control system. But I don't like the thought of insects being anywhere near my food, yuk so I just put a folded tea towel over the top.

Anyway to keep on topic some of the google toaster covers do look like a similar fabric to the pumpkin patch.

an hour ago

Police Reporter Meagan DillonThe Advertiser

POLICE will step up their search of the area where the remains of a little girl were dumped in the Murray Mallee when mounted horse patrols head to Wynarka today.

It has been almost six weeks since the skeletal remains were found by a passing motorist near a suitcase and clothing on the fringe of the Karoonda Highway

Major Crime detectives and two teams from the Mounted Operations Unit will search along the highway and train tracks, about 2km west of Wynarka.

Detective Inspector Greg Hutchins, from the Major Crime Investigation Branch, will provide an update on the search later today.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/...itcase-was-found/story-fni6uo1m-1227495401834

https://twitter.com/MeaganDillon7

I wonder if they're looking for another suitcase....

hi bessie, sorry off topici still cant log into websleuths page just keep getting the v bulletin msg, tried everything, deleting history, cookies, cache, different server, rebooting etc, im getting a tech in tthis week to look at some other pc issues so will see if they can help? are others having this problem? nearly used this months phone data!

Bear and bessie
I have been unable to get on to the site since Saturday.
I like you had tried everything dozens of times.

I changed my dns server address manually. That has allowed me to get onto the site, only this morning.

I think the Colt incest family should be looked at. The youngest was conceived in SA to a man Rhonda met in 2006. Is it not possible she had another child who was born in 2005 or 2006 with her at the time she met the father of her youngest child? They were fruit picking which is a activity that takes place in Murray Bridge which is in the area of Wynarka. Is it possible the father of her child Cindy killed an older child of hers? Cindy was 4 when she was removed in Sept 2012 which would make her conceived in 2007 which would place her in SA in the time this child was killed.
They have plenty of reason to hide from the law. Cindy was the only child proven to be fathered by a non family member. I alao noted there must be a big age gap between Cindy and her older siblings as they were not removed so it is possible another child was born in 2005 from this woman.

Interesting, Rosewood, I was just thinking the same today. Not that I know much about the Colt case.

But the more this mystery rumbles on without a single family member, family friend, ex-partner or spouse (with presumably a lot less loyalty to the clan) coming forward - or suitcase man for that matter - the more it looks like there's a whole group of people who are off the radar, or at least in cahoots with each other to keep quiet.

Interestingly though, I read today that the Colts were not really 'off the radar' as such. They were registered with Centrelink, and the children did go to school - for at least part of the time anyway. The children also saw doctors.

Added to that, the family moved around different states, creating, theoretically, even more of a paper trail, and encountering more people who ought to have figured there was something wrong. So they distanced themselves not in the sense of avoiding the authorities, but in denying any wrongdoing whenever they were confronted. (Australian friends please correct me if I'm wrong. This is just what I'm gathering from afar).

Is it truly possible to function completely 'off the radar' in today's world, with no connection whatsoever to the outside world? I don't imagine so. So perhaps we should hope that even if our girl is connected to as distanced a family as this, there will ultimately be enough evidence to draw police to their door in the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jackojohnnie