AUS - Khandalyce Kiara Pearce, Wynarka, Bones of a Child Discovered, July'15 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The police and media silence is killing me. Im finding it quite interesting that the Police returned to the highway again on the Tuesday following the discovery of the book and pink material on the Monday but we have had not further feedback from this. I really have a feeling they are onto something as we speak. I surely hope so :justice:

It's funny that a book and a piece of pink cloth are all they have said they found, isn't it?
Not that they are related to the case anyway, but I'd frankly think they'd find a lot more than that.
Maybe those were just items found when the news crews were there.

The search of the highway on horseback plan did originally say that they would search on Monday and Tuesday so it wasn't finding the book and material that brought them back.

The police and media silence is killing me. Im finding it quite interesting that the Police returned to the highway again on the Tuesday following the discovery of the book and pink material on the Monday but we have had not further feedback from this. I really have a feeling they are onto something as we speak. I surely hope so :justice:

Mounted officers searched both sides of the road and along the railway line between Wynarka and Tailem Bend on Monday,

Police have returned on Tuesday to cover the area between Karoonda and Wynarka.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/...search-for-clues/story-fni6uo1m-1227496185133

Every time I look at that suitcase of what's essentially junk or castoffs, I think "hoarder."

The question is how a hoarder came to have the remains of a murdered girl in his or her stuff. I can explain the suitcase as a relative trying to clean up and discarding the remains in order to keep himself out of trouble.

Personally I have trouble with the idea that someone would steal a suitcase without first examining the contents. Even if a person opened up the case and only saw clothes, because the bones were so small, they would have seen that the clothes were stained and in very bad shape, and were not useable or re-sellable. We can see blood and other stains on them that clearly pre-date the time the suitcase was put by the roadside. So I find that theory a bit unlikely.

I had my car broken into once. The thief took a book bag I had in the back with a drafting book (I was taking a course) and a shopping bag sitting on the front seat - the only thing in that was feminine napkins. So what I'm trying to say - I think sometimes it's a case of "grab anything that's handy" and figure out what it is later. And if the suitcase was stolen, it's entirely possible other items might have been taken as well - tools, a tool box... Might be worth checking local pawn/secondhand shops to see if anyone has been bringing in any merchandise that might be stolen.

Again, this fits with the facts the police have released, that the body did not decompose with the clothing but that the bones were packed into the case later.

I've just got a copy of the September Australian Womans Weekly and read a few bits I can't recall being posted in here.
http://www.aww.com.au/latest-news/in-the-mag/who-is-the-little-girl-in-the-suitcase-21859 Its behind a paywall so I'll quote some and paraphrase the rest...
Most interestingly Detective Superintendent Des Bray is quoted as saying that 'What we found after the boys called the police was a full skeleton, although some of the structure had collapsed. The way it was, enclosed within the clothing inside the suitcase, it wasn't really identifiable as a skeleton"
He goes on to say that there were signs that the body may have partially decomposed INTO the clothing.
Personally my understanding until reading this was that they were a disconnected array of bones. I also thought that the body was thought to have decomposed separately from the clothing but it seems not necessarily. The word 'within' instead of 'with' makes it sound like she could have been wearing some of the clothes.
He's also quoted as saying that the suitcase was "...turfed by the side of the road. That's in relatively recent times. Whether that's months, whether it's a year I don't really know."
The article...not Bray... says the suitcase is a large 40cm wide Lanza (would you consider 40cm wide large?)and around the same size and colour as that seen with the mysterious old man (would you call 60 old???)
It also refers to the butterfly slipper as a dancing slipper....which it doesn't look like to me!
So some of the article is possibly inaccurate however Brays quotes seem specific and might be of use to the super sleuths in here who can take info and come up with plausible scenarios!...I'm with you JaneSA regarding the stolen suitcase!

Every time I look at that suitcase of what's essentially junk or castoffs, I think "hoarder."

The question is how a hoarder came to have the remains of a murdered girl in his or her stuff. I can explain the suitcase as a relative trying to clean up and discarding the remains in order to keep himself out of trouble.

I'm thinking hoarder type too.... not in the true sense as in an "obsessive" - rather the type who simply don't throw out stuff out of sheer laziness..... I keep imagining a backyard, one with overgrown weeds and grass, car parts, empty beer cans etc...

Not to say some parts of my own garden don't need a bit of work .... just on a lot larger scale is what I'm imagining.

I've just got a copy of the September Australian Womans Weekly and read a few bits I can't recall being posted in here.
http://www.aww.com.au/latest-news/in-the-mag/who-is-the-little-girl-in-the-suitcase-21859 Its behind a paywall so I'll quote some and paraphrase the rest...
Most interestingly Detective Superintendent Des Bray is quoted as saying that 'What we found after the boys called the police was a full skeleton, although some of the structure had collapsed. The way it was, enclosed within the clothing inside the suitcase, it wasn't really identifiable as a skeleton"
He goes on to say that there were signs that the body may have partially decomposed INTO the clothing.
Personally my understanding until reading this was that they were a disconnected array of bones. I also thought that the body was thought to have decomposed separately from the clothing but it seems not necessarily. The word 'within' instead of 'with' makes it sound like she could have been wearing some of the clothes.
He's also quoted as saying that the suitcase was "...turfed by the side of the road. That's in relatively recent times. Whether that's months, whether it's a year I don't really know."
The article...not Bray... says the suitcase is a large 40cm wide Lanza (would you consider 40cm wide large?)and around the same size and colour as that seen with the mysterious old man (would you call 60 old???)
It also refers to the butterfly slipper as a dancing slipper....which it doesn't look like to me!
So some of the article is possibly inaccurate however Brays quotes seem specific and might be of use to the super sleuths in here who can take info and come up with plausible scenarios!...I'm with you JaneSA regarding the stolen suitcase!

Thanks for paraphrasing that article, perkerkel.

The clothing does look like it is stained with blood - not that we can tell much just from looking at pictures - which suggests that that the poor little girl was wearing or placed within some of the packed garments around the time she died. I must say it always gives me the chills to look at that horrible staining, whatever it may be.

I assumed it was just colour runs in the quilt fabric.

Re the Womans Weekly article: I think they are misconstruing the police quote that what was found was a complete skeleton.
I read that as all the bones being present, although not necessarily in an orderly arrangement.

I remember another case like that, where all these babies bodies were found hidden in a crawlspace years after they were killed, when the house was being renovated or demolished or something. I think what makes this case different is that police were immediately certain the child had suffered a terribly violent end. Mothers who kill newborns often seem to want to erase the childs existance quickly and quietly. I think this little girl was killed in a rage. I would bet this is another case where the child made her mother/father/stepwhatever angry because she cried too much or she didn't toilet train quickly enough or any other pathetic reason these animals feel is justification for extreme violence against a child.

Re the Womans Weekly article: I think they are misconstruing the police quote that what was found was a complete skeleton.
I read that as all the bones being present, although not necessarily in an orderly arrangement.

Ha, the women's Weekly misconstruing something - never! However, the one thing that has made me think from the start that the body was all in one piece was the state of the quilt and tutu vs the other clothing. the quilt and tutu are severely degraded, much more so than the rest of the clothing from the case. There is barely any fabric left on the front of the quilt. I think she was rolled up in the quilt when she died and it all became kind of stiff and stuck and it was only after being repeatedly moved that the quilt came away enough that somebody was able to see part of her skull. I don't know, that was just my impression.

Ha, the women's Weekly misconstruing something - never! However, the one thing that has made me think from the start that the body was all in one piece was the state of the quilt and tutu vs the other clothing. the quilt and tutu are severely degraded, much more so than the rest of the clothing from the case. There is barely any fabric left on the front of the quilt. I think she was rolled up in the quilt when she died and it all became kind of stiff and stuck and it was only after being repeatedly moved that the quilt came away enough that somebody was able to see part of her skull. I don't know, that was just my impression.

I agree. That's what I've thought since they released the image of the quilt.

Yep, I also got the impression that the bones were wrapped in the quilt.

That act seems to me to display a sense that the remains were being cared for, even cherished.

Has the idea that Angel has been exhumed from a grave been discussed? If she had been legally pronounced dead and given a funeral, she wouldn't be missing as such.

Has the idea that Angel has been exhumed from a grave been discussed? If she had been legally pronounced dead and given a funeral, she wouldn't be missing as such.

There should definitely be signs of an autopsy if she had died and then been legally buried.

Every theory seems possible, such a weird and very sad case.

Given the varying deterioration of the clothing and in particular the quilt.
I wonder whether the person responsible for dumping the suitcase may have tipped/placed Angel under the bushes. The clothes she was wearing and her remains being wrapped in the quilt at the time of her death. The other contents being returned to the suitcase and it zipped up and tossed in the bushes, remaining there until the guy that stopped for a toilet break found it suspended and dragged it closer to the road.
I am really struggling to understand how numerous people poked through the suitcase but saw nothing.

imo

As puggle mentioned earlier on, it's with having a look at the Nikki Francis case. This scenario could have been similar for angel, especially if in a rural area where no neighbors or others around to raise alarms !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ghosty_gal