Australia - 3 dead after eating wild mushrooms, Leongatha, Victoria, Aug 2023 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
AFAIK, unless I missed it, their ages have not been disclosed.

All I've seen said is 'about high school age'.
When I mentioned age appropriate I was thinking of a 9/10 year old and 11/12 year old. That was because News.com that ran the graffitti story states:
"It’s understood Ms Patterson’s two children, who she shares with her estranged husband Simon, are in Year 7 and Year 5.". Which would make the elder maybe 11/12 and the younger 9/10. Barely teenagers as has been reported by other outlets.. The painter interviewed described them as kids. Perhaps they were pre-teen when they lived in that house and now they are both teens of about 13 and 15years, except news.com appear to be saying they are currently in years 5 and 7!

Tired of second guessing sloppy reporting (Moo). It's just nuts Imo to second guess what should be simple and factual reporting with a basic understanding of past and present tense. Smh and throwing up hands.

When I mentioned age appropriate I was thinking of a 9/10 year old and 11/12 year old. That was because News.com that ran the graffitti story states:
"It’s understood Ms Patterson’s two children, who she shares with her estranged husband Simon, are in Year 7 and Year 5.". Which would make the elder maybe 11/12 and the younger 9/10. Barely teenagers as has been reported by other outlets.. The painter interviewed described them as kids. Perhaps they were pre-teen when they lived in that house and now they are both teens of about 13 and 15years, except news.com appear to be saying they are currently in years 5 and 7!

Tired of second guessing sloppy reporting (Moo). It's just nuts Imo to second guess what should be simple and factual reporting with a basic understanding of past and present tense. Smh and throwing up hands.

It's a complete mess.

I don't think that was the case because she described scraping mushrooms off the childrens' portions. if she was making separate pies her children would have had mushroom free pies.
I think it was a single dish but remember everybody brought something to the table.
We do not know what they brought.
We would only have verification that there was a beef wellington roll from one of the survivors or other witness.

I interpreted "everybody brought something to the table" not as pot luck, but "they served themselves" or "they chose their own portions" with the food presented on a sideboard.

We would only have verification that there was a beef wellington roll from one of the survivors or other witness.

I interpreted "everybody brought something to the table" not as pot luck, but "they served themselves" or

I listened to it twice and took the same meaning that they had all contributed dishes to the meal?

Intriguing. Now, she introduces the "dried mushrooms" from China, the exact same way people in Montana died. Maybe she is reading this thread.

A lot of reporting has them down as teenagers which should mean between 13 and 19.
Also where is it reported that the guests brought something ?

Was that in ER's latest statement ?
IMO the biz about bringing something may be an interpretation of a statement that may be subject to local/demographic usage. I took it to mean something like "each person selected their own plate from the sideboard and took it to the table". I did not take it to mean "everyone brought a dish as potluck to the event".

Intriguing. Now, she introduces the "dried mushrooms" from China, the exact same way people in Montana died. Maybe she is reading this thread.

This article makes me think the issue was not necessarily IN the morels, but maybe in something that was in the sauce, handling, etc. A lot of people eat morels: I think they're not intrinsically poisonous? But amanitas are intrinsically poisonous.

Tired of second guessing sloppy reporting (Moo).

Yep, par for the course with cases like this where the police are keeping 'schtum' while awaiting test results that seem likely to be a long time coming.

Add to that the ex-husband declining to comment and the sole survivor being very ill in hospital.

I'm fully expecting the DM to publish some 'bombshell', 'new twist' type rumor-based stories in the meantime.

Plus ça change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members