Australia - 3 dead after eating wild mushrooms, Leongatha, Victoria, Aug 2023 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think guests brought any other dishes. I think the reporter who claims there were dishes brought over got confused. She claims she put the dish she cooked on plates and guests picked the plates to eat from, not that they brought dishes with them, as far as I can tell.
That's what I think too.
This guests bringing food only started after EP mentioned the guests had chosen their own plates.

The reporter I think mistook that to mean that the guests took plates of food with them.

I’m wondering if the dishes could have been things like salad without mushrooms, potatoes , jello; all not inclined to be toxic— because their symptoms seemed to indicate death cap toxins and neither medical professionals nor law enforcement suspected the other dishes: Just EP’s.
If true/not a mistake by that reporter, yes I would think vegetable side dishes, possibly gravy, a dessert. It would be good to know what the dishes were. EP hasn't had a second interview with police yet and all who potentially brought a dish are deceased or too illl for interview so it is possible that if true police actually don't know much about the these dishes. Moo

That's what I think too.
This guests bringing food only started after EP mentioned the guests had chosen their own plates.

The reporter I think mistook that to mean that the guests took plates of food with them.
You're probably right. If so, the reporter should modify his you tube report ASAP before the inadvertent mis-information (if that's what it is) grows legs. Moo

Last edited:
I must be pretty dumb because these posts that look like ads pop up in my twitter feed all the time.
Seems they're selling something called Shrooms.
When I see them I always think it must be some kind of illegal drug and how can Twitter allow it

It's only this case that made me realise that it's short for mushrooms LOL

Are they a "special" kind and are they not legal like I thought or what ?

@TootsieFootsie

I'm just catching up so maybe other people have answered you by now

I guess each country / region has different rules but here in the UK, no, 'shrooms' are absolutely not legal and in fact a dried and powdered psychoactive mushroom becomes a Class A substance right up there with heroin, crack and crystal meth. In Australia I don't know.

But people are now growing shrooms in kits inside their homes and then drying them out and chopping them into tiny little fragments and inserting them into caplets and selling them as cures for depression, trauma, anxiety, etc. It's completely unregulated and doesn't help that some celebrity type people are promoting the whole concept. Imagine how awful it would be to think you're doing something 'fun' with friends and find out you're a class A drug dealer?

A tiny amount of mushrooms can make people go a bit silly and laugh, maybe have some light visual effects but a larger amount and they lost control and agency of themselves 'tripping out' and some people have bad trips and can't come back down again for a whole day. Apparently the cure of that is a huge dose of Vitamin C, it brings you back down, if anyone's interested.

you got it... in the video link..
it was the headline for the piece this morning and edited several times during the day..I didn't even hear it myself on the vid link until you found it.
Sorry, so it was a headline in a written Age report then later on the part about the guests bringing dishes was removed from those written reports? Or no?

What's actually on the wall -the drawings and almost little stories in a sort of comic book style - I find neither weird or scary. Jmo
When I read about the wall drawings my first thought was that one or both of the kids were acting out due to some stressor in the home.

Maybe a reaction to the death of the maternal grandmother or anxiety over the parents’ separation? Kids don’t really have agendas IMO and sometimes just lash out when they feel they can’t control their environment. Plus, EP seems to be easily excited, maybe even dramatic so that could contribute to their reactions.

All my own opinion of course. In any case I hope the kids receive counseling as they must be going through a confusing time.

When I read about the wall drawings my first thought was that one or both of the kids were acting out due to some stressor in the home.

Maybe a reaction to the death of the maternal grandmother or anxiety over the parents’ separation? Kids don’t really have agendas IMO and sometimes just lash out when they feel they can’t control their environment. Plus, EP seems to be easily excited, maybe even dramatic so that could contribute to their reactions.

All my own opinion of course. In any case I hope the kids receive counseling as they must be going through a confusing time.
Also, as far as I can tell, the husband got very sick and spend a lot of time in the hospital about a year ago with an intestinal issue.

“Given the recent focus on mushrooms, the AMGA feels it necessary to inform the public that commercially grown mushrooms, produced in Australia, are safe and high quality. If you want safe mushrooms, buy fresh, Australian-grown mushrooms.”

They added: “The species of commercially grown mushrooms found at Australia supermarkets and greengrocers are Agaricus bisporus.

“It is impossible that death cap mushrooms and other dangerous varieties could grow in commercial operations that produce Agaricus bisporus.”

all possible especially if parental seperation at that time - I just mean the content itself isn't 'satanic', weird, doom and gloom to be read as a sign of dangerous disturbance or whatever Imo. To me looks like it could well be the result of one or both kids trying to work something out, get something straight - making stories. jmo

ETA- though the wall was painted over last year in prep for selling the house - it may have been years ago that they actually lived there - it's not clear when the family lived there nor how old the kids were at the time

This is my number one theory.
But some of the mushrooms in that dish are baked into the crust enclosed dish. They’re smeared on top of the fillet which is then wrapped in prosciutto, and then wrapped with a pie crust.

(It is also served with a mushroom gravy).

So, how did she “scrape off” the mushroom from her kids meals?

And why would she only get some minor symptoms while her guests got violently ill and three died?

It doesn’t make sense that this was an accident, IMO.

all possible especially if parental seperation at that time - I just mean the content itself isn't 'satanic', weird, doom and gloom to be read as a sign of dangerous disturbance or whatever Imo. To me looks like it could well be the result of one or both kids trying to work something out, get something straight - making stories. jmo

ETA- though the wall was painted over last year in prep for selling the house - it may have been years ago that they actually lived there - it's not clear when the family lived there nor how old the kids were at the time
ITA! This case is horrible enough regardless of how the poisonings occurred, does msm really need to bring in innocent children and suggest “satanic” connections? WTH!

“This is not ‘Midsomer Murders‚’” Nathan Hersey, the mayor of South Gippsland, said in an interview with 9 News Australia, referring to a British detective drama. “This is real people’s lives.”

1692125432667.jpeg
A creepy "death wall" was reportedly photographed in the home of Erin Patterson, the Australian woman whose cooking allegedly resulted in the death of three individuals.

According to news.com.au, the exclusive photograph depicted a wall filled with satanic messages and images of tombstones, dead bodies, and multiple references to death.

The illustrations were described as childlike with messages including, "You don't have long to live,” “your dead from my sword, ” and others like “ME R.I.P.”

The photos were taken by a handyman last year, who wished to stay anonymous. He was allegedly called to the property by a real estate agent who requested him to paint over the wall for sale purposes.

Speaking to news.com.au, he said: “I’ve looked at it and gone, holy , what the hell’s going on here? I went, 'This is actually really scary for kids to do this inside the kitchen-dining room.' I didn’t think it was right, it looked scary. It just didn’t look right to me as a parent.”

“We started calling it the death wall,” he said. At least one image was dated August 1, 2021. According to the handyman, it took about six coats of paint to cover the drawings.

Last edited:
But some of the mushrooms in that dish are baked into the crust enclosed dish. They’re smeared on top of the fillet which is then wrapped in prosciutto, and then wrapped with a pie crust.

(It is also served with a mushroom gravy).

So, how did she “scrape off” the mushroom from her kids meals?

And why would she only get some minor symptoms while her guests got violently ill and three died?

It doesn’t make sense that this was an accident, IMO.

It makes no sense to kill them either though the internet is wild speculating.
She was wealthy in her own right, had nothing materially to gain from their deaths.

Bear in mind that LE has released almost no information.
We don't even have official confirmation that deathcaps were the causative agent.
We have no idea what else they consumed only that the guests contributed to the meal and brought dishes too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Webgirl60