Australia - 3 dead after eating wild mushrooms, Leongatha, Victoria, Aug 2023 #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see where this article speaks of a brother to SP. A brother of Don Patterson spoke.

ETA: It looks like you added a different link afterwards and that one does speak of The Patterson's son "Matt".

The first article says ... "Loved ones from around the world sent in letters which were read out by Simon’s younger brother Matthew."

In that case, I wonder if the drains can be tested for residue?

I was thinking of these sorts of things but I guess the time frame is long past for this type of in depth analysis and testing. For that to happen, the household would have needed be sealed off and closed at the time it was known these people have died seemingly of poisoning.

Either LE have got a whole load of stuff up their sleeve or this case will slide on by unresolved IMO.

We don't know what killed the people yet, is it being long term assumed that it was death cap mushrooms but there has been no verification or confirmation of that from LE or any other authority.

Anyway, I would be terrified to pick mushrooms after all of this!

I posted an article here, that a renowned mushroom "expert" here in Montana died after eating poison mushrooms. And he was considered an authority on foraging wild mushrooms! As if that isn't scary enough.

I have eaten tons of morels, and never knew that they had to be cooked for longer than 10 minutes! Otherwise, they can be deadly. Seriously, after reading that article, I really have no desire to eat them again. And apparently, many people in Montana have decided the same thing, as the mushroom forager used to make a living picking and selling morels here, now, hardly anyone wants to purchase them. Not sure if I should post the link again, but it is a lot of information about picking, and cooking wild mushrooms.

Daily mail answering lots of questions!! A former friend spilling all the goss…

The so-called 'ex-friend' claimed to have met Erin online through the true crime group.

'I think she was also into a lot of crime fiction. Like Agatha Christie,' the person claimed.

And….It seems SP was sick in 2022 with a clostridium difficile infection.
BBM. I'm not sure that's true; IMO from reading the two lines in the DM story, these could be different events.
1. The former friend claimed Erin had told them her estranged husband had once fallen ill from clostridium difficile infection - a germ usually spread from one's hands.

2. Simon himself spent 21 days in intensive care after collapsing from the mystery stomach illness at his home in May 2022.

It's entirely subjective.

Also, it's slightly malicious reporting as clearly this person sought to throw her under the bus somewhat and is totally unreliable. We're still really none the wiser except this is clear confirmation the relationship was dysfunctional.
I agree except to add there is the chance to gain some attention and notoriety as an 'ex-friend' of the POI via sharing messages from what was a private conversation and who knows from how many years ago. A conversation where perhaps the participants in the proclaimed "tight knit group" felt comfortable enough to let her hair down a little. I'll be the first to gladly admit that I'm no saint in terms of my thoughts 100% of the time and it's a blessing when you have good enough friends to reveal some of the darker shades (which surely we all have) from time to time, ie have a vent! Unclear if the photos also shared are contemporary with the posts. Moo

Erin branded contributors to Korumburra newsletter The Burra Flyer 'illiterate motherf**kers' during a rant to an old friend.

A person claiming to be a former friend of the 46-year old spilled the beans on the Leongatha stay-at-home mum on a true crime online forum.

Images of a young Erin Patterson have emerged online

75029437-12477099-image-m-37_1693805742566.jpg

A post allegedly written by Erin Patterson has been shared shared online by a former friend

Following her split from Simon, their home in Korumburra was put on the market and tradespeople were hired to repaint the walls.

The wall in question – purportedly daubed with graffiti by Ms Patterson’s children – took six coats of paint to cover and featured images of daggers, tombstones and decapitated heads.

It featured scribbles and dark quotes, including the words: ‘You are dead by the sword’.

The tradesman, who asked to remain anonymous, was being paid to remove the graffiti when he snapped the image, MailOnline reports.

He said Australian detectives had been keen to get their hands on the image in the days following their raid on Ms Patterson’s current home in Leongatha.

graffiti

'She shared a few cooking photos with us in the group. Pad Thai. Etc. Honestly (not being mean) but it never looked super appetising. If I was to guess, I would say she was a mediocre cook,' the person claimed

Makes you question why she attempted such a complex dish if this is true.

I agree except to add there is the chance to gain some attention and notoriety as an 'ex-friend' of the POI via sharing messages from what was a private conversation and who knows from how many years ago. A conversation where perhaps the participants in the proclaimed "tight knit group" felt comfortable enough to let her hair down a little. I'll be the first to gladly admit that I'm no saint in terms of my thoughts 100% of the time and it's a blessing when you have good enough friends to reveal some of the darker shades (which surely we all have) from time to time, ie have a vent! Unclear if the photos also shared are contemporary with the posts. Moo

Also she looks easily 20 years younger in this pic. Maybe an age where you would call your neighbours illiterate MFs and also not be so great at cooking pad thai.

Following her split from Simon, their home in Korumburra was put on the market and tradespeople were hired to repaint the walls.

The wall in question – purportedly daubed with graffiti by Ms Patterson’s children – took six coats of paint to cover and featured images of daggers, tombstones and decapitated heads.

It featured scribbles and dark quotes, including the words: ‘You are dead by the sword’.

The tradesman, who asked to remain anonymous, was being paid to remove the graffiti when he snapped the image, MailOnline reports.

He said Australian detectives had been keen to get their hands on the image in the days following their raid on Ms Patterson’s current home in Leongatha.

graffiti

That painter is not very skilled as if he was he'd know that the way to paint over such a thing is to use the correct cleaning product to get the worst of it off, then a first coat of good quality impermeable stain blocker, then it should only take two or max three coats of decent quality paint and there's no way it would be coming through. Six coats is abs ludicrous.

Also why can't we see it in detail, why can't we see what it actually says?

Makes you question why she attempted such a complex dish if this is true.

Sounds more like a celebratory meal to mark an occasion? Maybe 'here's to the friendly and agreeable dissolution of our marriage' and maybe she was going to sign paperwork or hand over property in settlement etc and they would all speak as to how civilised and peaceful a thing it is?

Also served at lunch time when most people eat maybe substantial but light meal. Beef Wellington seems rather a hefty evening dinner dish to me. Also a blokey type of meal that might have been her husband's favourite. She could have still killed everyone with mushrooms making any dish.

I dunno it all doesn't make a deal of sense to me and it's very mysterious a la Agatha Christie!

1693839971326.jpeg
A photo obtained exclusively by news.com.au from inside the Korumburra home previously owned by Erin Patterson shows a large section of one wall covered in red, blue and black graffiti.

“You don’t long to live 1 hour exactly,” one section reads.

“Your dead from my sword,” another says.

Underneath two stick figures of a male and female are the words “I am dead” and “no I am really dead”, above what appear to be three tombstones.

One of the tombstones appears to say “grandma R.I.P.” while the third reads “ME R.I.P.”

The disturbing graffiti had to be painted over. Picture: Copyright/news.com.au

Well if she did kill 3 people I can’t blame them for throwing her under the bus.

Her story has more Holes than a colander at this stage and we literally know so little as it is but so far her story is farcical.

Even if she is the side victim, no one would blame SP for throwing her under the bus. At best, if EP is just an intended victim who luckily escaped the fate, her household is immensely disorganized. Or some part of her life is.

BBM. I'm not sure that's true; IMO from reading the two lines in the DM story, these could be different events.
1. The former friend claimed Erin had told them her estranged husband had once fallen ill from clostridium difficile infection - a germ usually spread from one's hands.

2. Simon himself spent 21 days in intensive care after collapsing from the mystery stomach illness at his home in May 2022.

C.diff can recur.

The worst thing people can do if it happens is to take Loperamide, Imodium or the likes. It might cause pseudomembranous colitis. That is a very likely case scenario in my head. Diarrhea— Imodium —- pseudomembranous colitis —- hospital. JMO.

I found an article linking pseudomembranous colitis to both C.diff and heavy metal poisoning.

A photo obtained exclusively by news.com.au from inside the Korumburra home previously owned by Erin Patterson shows a large section of one wall covered in red, blue and black graffiti.
I wonder... As the victims were neither stabbed by a kid with a sword nor killed by dolphins nor drowned under "d"-s, is the media willing to conclude that this well-selling story of a "death wall" is actually not connected to the deaths at all... I should not get my hopes up I guess. MOO

Online friend (who has never actually met EP) says this.
And SP's unidentified friend said the opposite.

He said, she said. It hasn't made anything clearer.

Maybe no-one wanted to reconcile, and the "problems in the family" (as stated by the PI in the Under Investigation show) are about something else. Custody? Visitation? Settlement of marital assets?

imo

I would guess that if EP has caused the grandparents harm, it would be about the kids in one way or another.
Those two children may be her whole world.
Is it possible that she did not do it but is covering for one of the children that did? Or she suspects that they did? I still can not get over the following article. If true, the daughter obviously has issues. Were these issues addressed? The creepy find in home of suspected mushroom poisoning cook

Daily mail answering lots of questions!! A former friend spilling all the goss…

The so-called 'ex-friend' claimed to have met Erin online through the true crime group.

'I think she was also into a lot of crime fiction. Like Agatha Christie,' the person claimed.

And….It seems SP was sick in 2022 with a clostridium difficile infection.
Well, I guess it's a better article than the one the Daily Mail wrote about the cuts on her hand. Although not by that much.

This article could be titled, "Woman complains to friend about job and spouse". Not exactly earth shattering.

The most interesting revelation was probably that she participated in a true crime forum. Because we all know what those kind of people are like.

Well, I guess it's a better article than the one the Daily Mail wrote about the cuts on her hand. Although not by that much.

This article could be titled, "Woman complains to friend about job and spouse". Not exactly earth shattering.

The most interesting revelation was probably that she participated in a true crime forum. Because we all know what those kind of people are like.
They’re really reaching. I guess that’s what their bosses demand from them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Loislooking