Australia - 3 dead after eating wild mushrooms, Leongatha, Victoria, Aug 2023 #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Possibly because she went into a shock response when her ex husband accused her of using it to poison everybody.. That is what she said.
It's possibly the first time she knew she was considered a suspect and if she is innocent she could have become very very distraught and irrational.

Remember, this is all LE have stated about the case.
The Dailymail did the rest with their crude language and myriads of anonymous 'friends' of her former husband saying horrible things. i doubt very much that their pathetic disclaimers will save them.

Homicide squad Detective Inspector Dean Thomas has said Patterson remained a suspect because she cooked the meals. But he has also said police were still considering an accidental poisoning “not at the hands of somebody else” to be a possibility, alongside a potentially “nefarious activity”.

lE have not even confirmed that death cap was the causative agent.
Nor have LE confirmed that it was her lunch that poisoned everybody.
There's a lot of stories with legs and embellishments that don't have a factual base if one takes the trouble to look.
We know very little.

The woman has not been charged with a crime.
this is a public forum and words are permanent.
And she has every right to read what is written here.
If she is innocent of these accusations I won't add to her pain.

If she's not I won't be sorry.

Then why dispose of it if nothing poisonous had been in it.

Not poisonous but drugs, such as cannabis plants maybe?

I've forgotten now but has this dehydrator been located? Is this dehydrator story actually officially verified by LE? It can't have been hard to find? Also her journeys would be tracked by phone and car tech algorithms plus she was probably being closely watched by LE.

It might not even be true or real is what I'm thinking as didn't it come from the friend of S who was speaking to press?

Totally agree
Meeting to discuss a "possible reconciliation" I think emanated from a tabloid.
There has been no confirmation at all that this was a fact, and is entirely speculative.

I doubt that this was the reason for the lunch - for all we know, it could have been one of their birthdays,
or one of any number of other social reasons. MOO

There has been no confirmation at all that this was a fact, and is entirely speculative.

I doubt that this was the reason for the lunch - for all we know, it could have been one of their birthdays,
It was 29th July.

What if it was a Christmas in July thing.

I would not be surprised if EP had tried to concoct herbal treatments when her parents were dying. I'd love to see what else is on her bookshelves other than mushroom-related books. And I'm curious about the dehydrator. It can be used for lots of foods other than mushrooms. I feel like she used it for something—death caps?—that made her not want to use it again for regular foods.

<modsnip - off topic>
<modsnip>

Dehydrator? Maybe she did but I doubt it. for one thing a beef well is pretty time consuming so I cannot imagine her heading off for a forage on the day she was cooking it.

I'm pretty sure it's not only possible but relatively easy to clean utensils used with them.
And not rocket science, either. they only do their thing on live tissue.

We will have to wait it out.
Not sure what the length of time is saying. About the direction the investigation is taking.

Last edited by a moderator:

Why in the world would anybody want to celebrate their birthday with the estrange spouse of their son? Without their son being even present? There have been no suggestion anybody's birthday was being celebrated in this lunch.

Something has been niggling away at me, without me even thinking it.

Then it finally came.

The similarites between ERs actions in the car accident and the getting rid of the dehydrator.

Both actions I think were due to panic.

I don't think either were planned.

The mystery is why would she have mentioned it to her kids in the first place if she already knew she had dried poison mushrooms in it.
Doesn't sound like someone who had planned a murder.
The car accident was drunk driving with property damage from what has been reported. It would not be unreasonable to panic thinking you could end up in prison. So the panic wouldn't be out of the blue and for no reason.\

Last edited by a moderator:
Not poisonous but drugs, such as cannabis plants maybe?

I've forgotten now but has this dehydrator been located? Is this dehydrator story actually officially verified by LE? It can't have been hard to find? Also her journeys would be tracked by phone and car tech algorithms plus she was probably being closely watched by LE.

It might not even be true or real is what I'm thinking as didn't it come from the friend of S who was speaking to press?
Yes it has been located.

In which case, she must have assumed a lot longer, slower, and less obvious death. That would indicate she doesn't really know too much about the mushrooms.
Death cap is a natural poison. Naturally occurring. She could have thought deaths would be assumed to be due to a mistake and nobody would think deliberate poisoning.

She has been caught lying and throwing away evidence.

Her Ex Husband accused her of poisoning his loved ones. Then add in he was mysteriously sick for months on end and almost died and they didn’t find out what was wrong.

It doesn’t paint a very pretty picture here.

Moo

I actually think that she is quite an intelligent person who has had her confidence eroded over the years.
I agree with you completely TootsieFootsie. IMO she does seem to lack confidence.
She's likely also still processing the grief resulting from her mother's death.

Then learning of the passing of her in-laws (particularly her mother-in-law), and being confronted by a rabid hyena-like press implying that she caused their deaths - frankly, I can't think of anyone I know (lots) who would handle such a situation particularly well at all under the circumstances.

MOO

I agree with you completely TootsieFootsie. IMO she does seem to lack confidence.
She's likely also still processing the grief resulting from her mother's death.

Then learning of the passing of her in-laws (particularly her mother-in-law), and being confronted by a rabid hyena-like press implying that she caused their deaths - frankly, I can't think of anyone I know (lots) who would handle such a situation particularly well at all under the circumstances.

MOO
Exactly.

Death cap is a natural poison. Naturally occurring. She could have thought deaths would be assumed to be due to a mistake and nobody would think deliberate poisoning.

That too but -if- she did this, then the natural consequence of that would be to inform LE that the meal comprised locally foraged mushrooms and then break down crying at the very idea of having accidentally killed a whole bunch of people. Personally, if I did that, I'd need psychiatric treatment as I'd be in shock and trauma.

Altho, if she did that by accident and then tried to cover up the mistake... that could explain, however, that would show a gross lack of morals and ethics not least because one person is in a near death state and you'd want them to get the very best of care.

That too but -if- she did this, then the natural consequence of that would be to inform LE that the meal comprised locally foraged mushrooms and then break down crying at the very idea of having accidentally killed a whole bunch of people. Personally, if I did that, I'd need psychiatric treatment as I'd be in shock and trauma.

Altho, if she did that by accident and then tried to cover up the mistake... that could explain, however, that would show a gross lack of morals and ethics not least because one person is in a near death state and you'd want them to get the very best of care.
I am not thinking this was an innocent mistake.

I am not thinking this was an innocent mistake.

It's not looking that way but if she did poison everyone intentionally with DC mushrooms, wouldn't the very best of cover up stories be that the meal had components of foraged mushrooms that had been locally picked, by her, and dried out months ago.

It's not looking that way but if she did poison everyone intentionally with DC mushrooms, wouldn't the very best of cover up stories be that the meal had components of foraged mushrooms that had been locally picked, by her, and dried out months ago.

What when her friends and husband can say it’s rubbish as she had books on the subject and has been foraging for years?

But if you foraged mushrooms and killed a bunch of people using these mushrooms you are still to blame, even if you didn't kill a bunch of people on purpose. But if you bought poisoned mushrooms you are blameless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nocturnal1