Australia - 3 dead after eating wild mushrooms, Leongatha, Victoria, Aug 2023 #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
All IMO.

I wish I knew the facts of this case from LE. I know the DM is a "trusted" msm source for WS, but I don't trust much of anything they print. I have friends in the UK that tell me the DM is practically a tabloid. They usually do have great pictures though!

I keep trying to put myself in Erin's shoes. And because most of the information we know about this case comes from shoddy, irresponsible, click-bait reporting or a friend of a friend of a friend, I'm not buying it. <modsnip: Discuss the case and not other members>
DM IS a definitely a tabloid …. But a source of info other outlets don’t cover. A lot is just click bait, advertorials and “celebrity” news.

The DM coverage Meredith Kercher murder was not good reporting, not investigative, they were 100% reporting the satanic sex sacrifice angle … which wasn’t true. The guy who confessed, was a burglar and acted alone. Meredith’s family really suffered from the sensationalised coverage, not to mention the two students jailed.

Last edited by a moderator:
<modsnip - quoted post was removed>
I shop at 3 stores and i cant tell you what store i bought items in my kitchen from. <modsnip - response to quoted post>. Im using me as an example of how someone might not be able to tell you where stuff comes from.
I have no proof of cases occurring that is why i said MOO of what could happen, someone could get sick and not go to the doc thinking its the flu and die. MOO of what could happen.

I shop at 3 stores and i cant tell you what store i bought items in my kitchen from. <modsnip - response to quoted post> Im using me as an example of how someone might not be able to tell you where stuff comes from.
I have no proof of cases occurring that is why i said MOO of what could happen, someone could get sick and not go to the doc thinking its the flu and die. MOO of what could happen.
But you can name the three stores, I am assuming. As for dying from the death cap mushroom and not knowing, that seems unlikely since the symptomps are severe.

I shop at 3 stores and i cant tell you what store i bought items in my kitchen from. Not she, just me. Im using me as an example of how someone might not be able to tell you where stuff comes from.

<modsnip> Personally to me it sounds absolutely horrific!

The toxins of the death cap mushrooms primarily target the liver, but other organs, such as the kidneys, are also affected. Symptoms of death cap mushroom toxicity usually occur 6 to 12 hours after ingestion.[68]Symptoms of ingestion of the death cap mushroom may include nausea and vomiting, which is then followed by jaundice, seizures, and coma which will lead to death.

Definitely not your typical Flu symptoms <modsnip>

For reference

<modsnip> Personally to me it sounds absolutely horrific!

Definitely not your typical Flu symptoms <modsnip>

For reference

sure does, stomach flu, every symptom. have no idea how to post a link, im sorry for that, but just google it.
forgot MOO

A lot of my family biz involves attending residential properties. Taking before and after pics is very much common practice.

It all depends on what the photos are used for.
If the photos are used in the course of normal business, that is okay.
If the photos are used for other purposes, that may not be okay.

My gutter cleaning service send me photos of my cleaned gutters with their invoice, to demonstrate that they were cleaned. That is okay.

The Korumburra painter could have taken photos of his before and after painted wall, to show the R/E agent the extent and result of the work. That is okay.

Was it then okay to show this photo to the media? And for the media to bang on about satanic messages? Written by a child? I think that would be for a civil court to decide, if EP wanted to file a lawsuit.

The reason why a photograph is taken and the use to which it is put are different things. A photograph may have been taken simply out personal curiosity, but if it is subsequently used for an untoward purpose, trouble may result.

It all depends on what the photos are used for.
If the photos are used in the course of normal business, that is okay.
If the photos are used for other purposes, that may not be okay.

My gutter cleaning service send me photos of my cleaned gutters with their invoice, to demonstrate that they were cleaned. That is okay.

The Korumburra painter could have taken photos of his before and after painted wall, to show the R/E agent the extent and result of the work. That is okay.

Was it then okay to show this photo to the media? And for the media to bang on about satanic messages? Written by a child? I think that would be for a civil court to decide, if EP wanted to file a lawsuit.

The reason why a photograph is taken and the use to which it is put are different things. A photograph may have been taken simply out personal curiosity, but if it is subsequently used for an untoward purpose, trouble may result.
I really don't think filing lawsuits against painters is what EP should be concerned about right now.

2) I shop at 3 stores. If you get something out of my pantry and ask me where i bought it, i couldnt tell you. Unless its a store brand item or i got it in last 2 weeks.

3) Someone might of got sick months ago, thought it was flu. They didnt go to doc, they die and cause of death is old age, natural causes. MOO of what could happen. Family member passed few months ago, she was 63. She was found in yard. They didnt do an autopsy, just said she died of natural causes.

1) could happen. When I lived in Boston and was not into Chinese food, I went to the Chinatown to buy something per my friend’s request. So I would walk into one store, show them the package with the letters, get sent somewhere else, and finally in store nr5 I was sold that product. The stores were very small. Of course now I won’t remember where the heck it was, but for sure, if in 6 months people were poisoned by my purchase, for sure, for sure, I’d walk through all the stores of Chinatown, dragging the police with me, to find the one. You can imagine how it would look to me - I unbeknownst bought a poison from a store. It is a public danger! I would never say, I don’t remember, I’d crawl through all of them, and btw, hire a Chinese translator. (Another key - only one was selling what I was looking for in my case, so it was easy).

2) it is a very different story. It is not one person dying. It is something divided between four people so all of them die. I have read about the situations when very fast-acting poisons, presumably cyanides, were injected to mimic death from a heart attack. But again, into one person, not four.

I am not sure everyone imagines how people feel and behave when someone has been poisoned in their house, and they know they are innocent. Most of all, they are scared that the poison is still in the house and afraid to enter it.

1) could happen. When I lived in Boston and was not into Chinese food, I went to the Chinatown to buy something per my friend’s request. So I would walk into one store, show them the package with the letters, get sent somewhere else, and finally in store nr5 I was sold that product. The stores were very small. Of course now I won’t remember where the heck it was, but for sure, if in 6 months people were poisoned by my purchase, for sure, for sure, I’d walk through all the stores of Chinatown, dragging the police with me, to find the one. You can imagine how it would look to me - I unbeknownst bought a poison from a store. It is a public danger! I would never say, I don’t remember, I’d crawl through all of them, and btw, hire a Chinese translator. (Another key - only one was selling what I was looking for in my case, so it was easy).

2) it is a very different story. It is not one person dying. It is something divided between four people so all of them die. I have read about the situations when very fast-acting poisons, presumably cyanides, were injected to mimic death from a heart attack. But again, into one person, not four.

I am not sure everyone imagines how people feel and behave when someone has been poisoned in their house, and they know they are innocent. Most of all, they are scared that the poison is still in the house and afraid to enter it.
Excellent points, especially the first one. I searched on the number of Asian markets in Mt. Waverley and couldn’t get the exact count. Somewhere around 10 but perhaps someone closer to the area could help out.

And yes, my first reaction would be to cooperate fully with LE to track down the source of those dried mushrooms, if not to help confirm what was killing the people I love then at least to prove I was telling the truth.
JMO

Just going to put a bit here from the Under Investigation show (from about the 38:50 mark). It is about intent.

John Chalfin, Former County Coroner in Indiana USA, was online on the show. 3 years ago he investigated the baffling death of software entrepreneur David Fout.

Toxic mushrooms were found in David's stomach. They knew, systemically, that they were the cause of death.

But they couldn’t prove the wife fed the mushrooms to her husband (she had a motive). Even though they think they know how it was done.

Was it the wife? Was it her boyfriend (a former police officer)?

The Fouts had two homes .. when police searched the summer home, they found a pizza box, toxic mushrooms are believed to have been used to dust the pizza.

Officially the case was “homicide by unspecified means”.

Wife was later tried and sentenced for conspiracy to murder (not murder), as she had relevant google searches on her phone. (Her boyfriend died before his court date.)

The reason for the piece about this poisoning is to illustrate how demanding it is for police to investigate possible poisonings. Because they have to prove intent to kill. What was the motive.

Last edited:
Imo he's someone who EP should consider suing if she ever gets the chance. He was hired as an indoor painter and took those photos, selling to tabloids a year later when chance to profit called whilst remaining anonymous but also making disparaging insinuations to the media. I'd be surprised if taking photos and then selling to tabloids was part of his job description. Moo

I believe if she is arrested for 3 Murders and 1 attempted murder that she may have a lot more pressing things on her plate.

IMO
why did i spit my drink out? lol. this isn't a laughing matter but that got me.

anyway. i felt it was super weird for the dude to do that, but at the same time, i think plenty of people on this forum would've done the same exact thing, not gonna lie

The reason for the piece about this poisoning is to illustrate how demanding it is for police to investigate possible poisonings. Because they have to prove intent to kill. What was the motive.

not every state in the US has to prove a motive for a conviction, idk if australia has anything similar

not every state in the US has to prove a motive for a conviction, idk if australia has anything similar

We discussed this further back. Victoria does not require motive for conviction, but it is helpful because it can help to show guilt to a jury. That the accused had a reason to murder, that it wasn't an accident.

And to have that child and family forever talked about as though they are abnormal or part of something demonic.

That is not ok.
Maybe she should sue herself then, because she invited four people to lunch and 3 of them are dead, and one is fighting for his life, likely because they ate the meal she cooked for them. If people are talking about her family not being normal is more likely because of that and not because of the wall.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member