Australia - 3 dead after eating wild mushrooms, Leongatha, Victoria, Aug 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If she loved them so much, wouldn't she have been calling the hospital for updates?
Was that before she had her phone and devices taken away.
I think if that was me I'd look for a payphone or ask to use a friends phone.

Most people would probably go right out and buy a new phone. I mean just because your phone is gone doesn't mean you're not allowed to use one. I'm sure the police didn't say you're not allowed to use a phone.

I didn’t realize that Erin had gone to the emergency room:

More intrigue surrounding her actions after the lunch came to light on Friday after the Leongatha hospital revealed a fifth person who attended the lunch was later that day “discharged, after a short presentation”. As there were no other adults present at the lunch and Patterson’s two children did not eat the mushrooms, why did she present herself at the hospital when she appeared symptom-free?

It was reported that the symptoms corresponded with the effects of eating death cap mushrooms specifically. There was an article that contrasted the effects of the yellow-staining mushroom. If it wasn't the death cap, perhaps it wasn't mushrooms at all, or the lunch at Erin's.

With the post-mortem forensic pathology being able to show if this was mushroom poisoning and if so which one?

I didn’t realize that Erin had gone to the emergency room:

More intrigue surrounding her actions after the lunch came to light on Friday after the Leongatha hospital revealed a fifth person who attended the lunch was later that day “discharged, after a short presentation”. As there were no other adults present at the lunch and Patterson’s two children did not eat the mushrooms, why did she present herself at the hospital when she appeared symptom-free?

OK so I would guess that if she's done nothing wrong, it would be pretty terrifying if several of your dinner party went into crisis and died, so you'd probably check in the hospital to be checked over too? One would be terrified that the same symptoms are going to suddenly start surely?

OK so I would guess that if she's done nothing wrong, it would be pretty terrifying if several of your dinner party went into crisis and died, so you'd probably check in the hospital to be checked over too? One would be terrified that the same symptoms are going to suddenly start surely?
Yes that does seem like what most people would do.
If everyone got sick at my meal, I would be worried that it might happen to me too, or my kids, so off to the hospital to get checked out.

Come to think of it, it would be more suspicious if she didn't go and get checked out.

They separated years ago according to a close friend,
I wonder if he recently began a relationship with someone else. IMO she poisoned them all. But what made her do it at this particular time. Did they reject the so called claims of her getting back with the hubby. I wonder if there has been any history of sudden, serious illnesses in the children. But, I think we would have heard of it by now.

IMO it must have been particularly bad symptoms for all of those adults to go to the hospital rather than thinking they could tough it out at home. Those poor people.

As for why she went to the hospital when she didn't have symptoms, there are numerous possible reasons. It would be interesting to know what she said to the hospital so that they actually checked her out as a patient too.

That's very possible. She could play the dutiful daughter-in-law and support them in their illness in a quest to win her ex back...
IMO your idea is very possible. I really like the way you’ve spelled this out.

This is the sort of scenario I was going with in my Munchausen by Proxy concept, emotional goodies by deliberate harm to another. Often medical, often relative, often to look like great caretaker. She might have seen that it worked with her -ex (give him a near-death experience that made him draw closer), and thought she could give the in-laws a near-death experience to get back with her ex, never imagining she could get the dose wrong and kill them all.

IMO your idea is very possible. I really like the way you’ve spelled this out.

This is the sort of scenario I was going with in my Munchausen by Proxy concept, emotional goodies by deliberate harm to another. Often medical, often relative, often to look like great caretaker. She might have seen that it worked with her -ex (give him a near-death experience that made him draw closer), and thought she could give the in-laws a near-death experience to get back with her ex, never imagining she could get the dose wrong and kill them all.
You've given her a good idea for her Defence.

<modsnip>

I'll be really interested to see how this one unfolds. I'm also curious to know more about the victims, did they realise they'd been poisoned and what did they say on the subject before they passed away I wonder?

Last edited by a moderator:
I was going to say that we haven’t discussed the elephant in the room, but it’s more like a unicorn since it’s probably just a figment of my overreactive imagination, but we can’t forget that it sounds like there were 2 other people in the house besides the host and 4 guests. I’m assuming the other two would have had unencumbered access to anything in the kitchen at any point in time. Just an observation as I’m not ready to condemn her just yet.

EDIT: to be clear, I’m not saying we SHOULD be discussing the elephant/unicorn however.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member