Australia - 3 dead after eating wild mushrooms, Leongatha, Victoria, Aug 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great insightful post. I'm finding it somewhat alarming that there have been many posts jumping to conclusions, assuming that EP has deliberately caused these deaths. Good to read your post Observe-don't-Absorb.
The scenarios which you mention are all entirely plausible IMO.

The reality is that we, the general public, know very little at the moment of the official facts of this case, but there has been a lot of speculation.
I can't help thinking that, if EP were entirely innocent, the situation in which she and her children find themselves would be a true nightmare, which could cause serious and lasting emotional trauma.
MOO IMO

The police have named Erin Patterson as a suspect. I think they know more than they are saying, but are waiting for the evidence until they arrest her.

The police have named Erin Patterson as a suspect. I think they know more than they are saying, but are waiting for the evidence until they arrest her.

Police said Erin Patterson remained a suspect in the investigation because she had cooked the meal at her home but did not become ill.

However, they warned people not to speculate about the case, because it could turn out to be “very innocent”.

Police said Erin Patterson remained a suspect in the investigation because she had cooked the meal at her home but did not become ill.

However, they warned people not to speculate about the case, because it could turn out to be “very innocent”.

It could turn out to be very innocent that a woman cooks lunch for 4 people and 3 died and one is fighting for life in hospital? On top of that, neither herself or her 2 kids ate the same meal? :confused:

It could turn out to be very innocent that a woman cooks lunch for 4 people and 3 died and one is fighting for life in hospital? On top of that, neither herself or her 2 kids ate the same meal? :confused:
Add to that the husband’s weeks in ICU in May.
There’s a lot of coincidences.
We don’t know what law enforcement are finding.
It’s clear they’re not finding anything to rule her out.

Great insightful post. I'm finding it somewhat alarming that there have been many posts jumping to conclusions, assuming that EP has deliberately caused these deaths. Good to read your post Observe-don't-Absorb.
The scenarios which you mention are all entirely plausible IMO.

The reality is that we, the general public, know very little at the moment of the official facts of this case, but there has been a lot of speculation.
I can't help thinking that, if EP were entirely innocent, the situation in which she and her children find themselves would be a true nightmare, which could cause serious and lasting emotional trauma.
MOO IMO

IMO if the case would have been resolved days ago if homicide wasn't potentially involved, with independently verifiable info, e.g. cameras in a mushroom store, interviews of the kids, etc.. The "homicide" angle is an LE position, and not one generated by media, social or otherwise, and IMO was a surprise, so well-considered.

IMO there would have been no category of "suspect", unless LE was highly suspicious. Everyone would just have gone with "accident".

Mushroom deaths Victoria: Korumburra pastor Ian Wilkinson making slow recovery​

Behind a paywall. Putting it here for those who subscribe.

Headline is enough for me.
He will have some answers, no matter how long it takes. I hope he recovers and gets back to his full health.

<modsnip - quoted post was removed>

I think once they start digging they will find more too. She's probably been sabotaging people her entire life.

Last edited by a moderator:
If the victims had also eaten elsewhere together, I assume that information will come out soon. I think it's unlikely, since it hasn't, and since she was named a POI.

If it turns out she did dispose of her dehydrator, that's possibly a crime in itself.

This case has many puzzle pieces and I think in time they will all fit to the same puzzle. All JMO.

It is highly suspicious .

Keep reflecting on putting yourself in the situation.
I have an illness that involves heavy diet restriction.
I am also the wife mother cook in my family.
Even with my unique situation can't remember ever preparing a dinner that didn't include myself.
In an entertaining scenario.

Said food is proven deadly.

If she is innocent she is luckier than a powerball winner.

Because realistically she handled it....she prepared it.... she cooked it.
Who doesn't taste test for flavour??

It doesn't look very good.

moo

If the victims had also eaten elsewhere together, I assume that information will come out soon. I think it's unlikely, since it hasn't, and since she was named a POI.

If it turns out she did dispose of her dehydrator, that's possibly a crime in itself.

This case has many puzzle pieces and I think in time they will all fit to the same puzzle. All JMO.
Yes, there must be many venues in Leongatha that serve fatal mushrooms...

In terms of motive, what would E stand to gain? Also why would she need to gain anything, she's already got a lot!

Wouldn't there be someone else involved in all this who will stand to gain and could have benefited even more if E herself had been poisoned too?
Monetary gain is unimportant to many people, and there are plenty of other motives for people to do harm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CKS