Australia - 3 dead after eating wild mushrooms, Leongatha, Victoria, Aug 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's very possible. She could play the dutiful daughter-in-law and support them in their illness in a quest to win her ex back...
The "can't fathom" thing. Then she would have an epiphany that it's God's will that the two who remain, herself and Simon, should love one another and do the Lord's work together.

If as some media outlets have reported, Simon really does suspect his wife os poisoning him last year, would he live in one of her houses? I wonder if they have already had their property settlement, even though they aren't yet divorced?

I think what's happened is that some type of property settlement has occurred (whether it has been done legally or not) so that Simon has been entitled to live in one of Erin's five houses. Otherwise, where he is living now would be referred to as "his house" not "his wife's house". I predict that if they had already done a property settlement using solicitors, that Simon would have at least two of those houses in his name rather than only one.

I also don't think that Simon, his family, doctors or anyone else ever predicted that Erin may have caused his lengthy hospitalisation in May 2022 otherwise none of them would have had anything to do with her. However, only now, I think Simon is wondering whether Erin was responsible.

I think we don't really know what "separated" means. I suspect the couple disagreed for some time about whether they were separated or not.
Most people would define "Separated" as not living together. However, you can also be legally separated if still living under the one roof.

I read somewhere that the mediation was about "child access". (But don't ask me for the link as there are so many articles on this case that it is difficult to find anything).

When my ex and I separated in the 80s, we had joint custody but that only meant that my ex had the children every second weekend. In this case, if the houses were relatively close to each other and the children are able to walk or get there independently, you would think they could have had "open access" in that the children could live with either parent when they want.

Most people would define "Separated" as not living together. However, you can also be legally separated if still living under the one roof.

I read somewhere that the mediation was about "child access". (But don't ask me for the link as there are so many articles on this case that it is difficult to find anything).

When my ex and I separated in the 80s, we had joint custody but that only meant that my ex had the children every second weekend. In this case, if the houses were relatively close to each other and the children are able to walk or get there independently, you would think they could have had "open access" in that the children could live with either parent when they want.
I don't think the houses were that close. Simon's was in Korumburra.

I quoted it earlier, they were living in separate houses and then they 'broke up'. So up until whatever 'break up' event, did Simon think they were separated and Erin maintain they weren't? After all, if she was housing him rent-free (?), she would have had a point.

IMO she bought a packaged Beef Wellington and sneaked mushroom powder into it. All she'd have to do is slit the top or make an "air hole". We haven't had any news that she was a good cook, and why would you do Beef Wellington if you weren't a good cook? It's not an easy dish. But it's easy to buy ready-made! Also, it's very suitable for inserting powdery substances, because of all its flavorings, etc. You couldn't for instance, as easily insert powdery substances into a store-bought quiche.
Hmm, maybe frozen beef wellingtons left in the freezer from Christmas when the local IGA supermarket was selling them! Get rid of an old frozen meal and toss in some poisonous mushies and also get revenge on inlaws......

It is possible that the poison mushies werent even in the beef wellington pot pies. Perhaps she ate the pies too and had dried death caps and sprinkled powder into coffee or tea. Her husband described symptoms of being poisoned with a common organophosphate poison easily available at stores in the area. This could have been accidental or deliberate also.

Her husband described symptoms of being poisoned with a common organophosphate poison

Where was organophosphate mentioned?

I've read that he thought it was some form of deadly nightshade toxin.

Simon Patterson believed his ex-wife Erin Patterson had tried to poison him through an 'ingested toxin' from nightshade plants which include potatoes, tomatoes and eggplants, the Herald Sun reports.

The compounds that make deadly nightshade so lethal are called Atropine and Scopolamine. These toxic ingredients are so powerful that a minuscule amount slipped into a drink or added to a meal can send full-grown adults into paralysis, cause severe hallucinations, delirium, confusion, convulsions, and death.

Re when they were separated. Maybe this The Australian article could shed some light on it.
Except it's subscriber only.

Maybe some kind subscriber could paraphase for us.

This is the bit that shows in Google

Leongatha mushroom poisoning: lifting the veil on Erin ...

The Australian
https://www.theaustralian.com.au › ... › "News Story"

22 hours ago — Simon Patterson, ex-husband of Erin Patterson. This suggests the separation would have been well under way in 2020, well before Simon Patterson ...

Re when they were separated. Maybe this The Australian article could shed some light on it.
Except it's subscriber only.

Maybe some kind subscriber could paraphase for us.

I paraphrased quite a bit of it in post #654, here:

Re separation:

According to land title documents they sorted out their property interests in Korumburra and Mt Waverley at the start of 2021.

On that basis, separation is guessed to have been in progress in 2020, some time before Simon was taken ill.

Last edited:
I don't think the houses were that close. Simon's was in Korumburra.

I quoted it earlier, they were living in separate houses and then they 'broke up'. So up until whatever 'break up' event, did Simon think they were separated and Erin maintain they weren't? After all, if she was housing him rent-free (?), she would have had a point.
I find it very strange that they were already living in separate houses BEFORE they broke up.

How many married couples would do that? It doesn't make sense to me.

It sounds to me as if Erin could have felt that she was being taken advantage of for Simon's rent free house.

Did Simon's family not approve of divorce and wanted the couple to remain separated?

I paraphrased quite a bit of it in post #654, here:
Thanks I actually have read the article but I'm terrible at paraphrasing. :)

Anyway I mainly wanted to point out the date of 2020 when they were talking about who got what.

So unless they delayed and were still together in 2022, when the husband became unwell, I'm not sure how she could be blamed for what happened to him.

I find it very strange that they were already living in separate houses BEFORE they broke up.

How many married couples would do that? It doesn't make sense to me.
It does kind of make sense if they were having a trial separation.
Having a break while trying to sort out the hope of keeping the marriage.

It's not that uncommon that people do that.

And if those houses were there, why not use them.

I'm not sure how she could be blamed for what happened to him.

He is quoted as having said that he felt ill after he had spent time with her:

The Herald Sun revealed Simon Patterson told friends last year that he believed his ex-wife had tried to poison him previously, possibly with a plant from the nightshade family. A source close to the family said: “Simon suspected he had been poisoned by Erin. There were times he had felt … a bit off and it often coincided (with) when he spent time with her.”

It would be interesting to know how both of her parents died in 2019? She's worth $2 million now and has no mortgages. She pays cash for her investment properties and her ex husband is living in one of them currently.
That’s a very interesting question, because first, she had great motive; second, in light of various suspicions regarding her ex and her in-laws it does raise the possibility; third, other cases in which women have murdered/poisoned family members have revealed through investigation that there were prior murders of family members in past years that went undetected.

It's weird that she kept saying that she hoped Don pulled through when he in fact died.
It's not really that weird. It was something said under pressure.

A couple of times when people I met were giving me the third degree on my life, and they asked what my son's name was, I said my partners son's name, even though I knew perfectly well who I meant.

What I mean is I said the wrong name without thinking, it just happened. But then I corrected it, I suppose.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member