Australia - 3 dead after eating wild mushrooms, Leongatha, Victoria, Aug 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally I think making a statement was the right thing to do, if she is innocent. However. You’d think her new legal representation would have written her new statement to include the actual name of the ‘liver protective drug’. It just sounds so… carelessly put together.
I think it's time for the police to call her in for a second interview...

Let’s be real, who’s driving to Melbourne to buy mushrooms?????? For a beef Wellington IMO
Says on bbc that they were bought several months ago.

I am now wanting to clear up the record because I have become extremely stressed and overwhelmed by the deaths of my loved ones."
Ms Patterson said the mushrooms used to prepare the meal were a mixture of button mushrooms bought at a supermarket, and dried mushrooms purchased at an Asian grocery store in Melbourne several months ago.
Her children, who were not present at the lunch, ate some of the leftover beef Wellington the next day. However the mushrooms had been scraped off the dish as they do not like the fungi, she said.

Its crazy how all the suspicion could have been avoided had she been smart enough to just say she picked them damn mushrooms herself, and just kept the dehydrator. Whether she's guilty or innocent. She's not the sharpest tool in the shed.
Maybe she wanted to tell the truth of what happened. So she did

But then got into a panic, when she thought she might lose her children. Just like she said.

It was not a good move.

Still doesn't mean the deaths were deliberate though.

Maybe she wanted to tell the truth of what happened. So she did

But then got into a panic, when she thought she might lose her children. Just like she said.

It was not a good move.

Still doesn't mean the deaths were deliberate though.
If 3 people, including my in-laws, had died after consuming a lunch served by me and a 3rd person was fighting for life in hospital, I would be telling police everything I knew. <modsnip - personalizing>

Last edited by a moderator:
<modsnip - quoted post was removed for bickering>

i dunno... I"m with Tootsie on this one, for now.
I shop in Jacksonville fl a good deal. Population, 900,000. Melbourne has 5M.
I go to a number of Asian, Mediteranean, and Mexican markets. I go to many.
Three months later, I just may have no idea which was where I bought some dried seasoning or other product.....

Paraphrased:

Relatives of Simon Patterson have stated that Simon was of the opinion that Erin had attempted to poison him through an “ingested toxin” which resulted in his being in an induced coma for 16 days.

Simon's media rep says that Simon has declined to comment.

(pay-walled)

I don’t blame him for not commenting, his parents just died suddenly. Possibly murdered? At best negligence (maybe iv manslaughter in that case?). He would probably be in the depths of grief in amongst this mess.

<modsnip - quoted post was removed for bickering>

Its roughly an hour and half from Leongatha to Mount Waverley.
Looking at the map, I would assume its along the pathway to Melbourne inner city.

Just far enough distance to disassociate.
Combined with a time delay. (3 MONTHS)

No video or dash cam footage to be looking out for.

This has been staged far cleverer than it appears on the surface.
Not that its very good. But the intent is.

Does it make a difference if she regularly bought ingredients in Asian shops and the trip where she possibly bought mushrooms was not the only such visit? I've seen mention that she likes to cook so (IF that is true) to me it makes sense she might want to hunt out more obscure ingredients more frequently than someone like me who cooks out of necessity.

But there seems to be a lot of rumour and not many confirmed facts in this case at the moment. I hope that changes soon.

Says on bbc that they were bought several months ago.

I am now wanting to clear up the record because I have become extremely stressed and overwhelmed by the deaths of my loved ones."
Ms Patterson said the mushrooms used to prepare the meal were a mixture of button mushrooms bought at a supermarket, and dried mushrooms purchased at an Asian grocery store in Melbourne several months ago.
Her children, who were not present at the lunch, ate some of the leftover beef Wellington the next day. However the mushrooms had been scraped off the dish as they do not like the fungi, she said.

Saying her children ate some of the Wellington with the mushrooms scraped off seems like an attempt to cover all bases.

The next day it was already known that people had become seriously ill. Why would she give it to them? What if it was e-coli from the beef?

Did she take them to be checked at the hospital? (Cooking would have had some of it go into the beef).

Doesn’t ring true said this late.

Maybe I’m wrong, I don’t know…..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members