Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So are you saying Juno that it's all a coincidence, where Allison was found, the proximity and possible relationship to the scout camp and GBC's association with scouting (both historically and his own personal involvement)?

Just a minor point re: the news - his great grandfather is dead, he can't own the land, so either he used to own it or it has been passed down to someone else in the family,

Of course I'm just speculating, but I just think people tend to overthink things a little. As has been discussed earlier, leaving Brookfield heading away from civilisation would lead you onto Moggill rd, then Mt Crosby rd as Moggill leads back into suburbia at Bellbowrie. If the GBC was in a hurry to get back to his sleeping kids he would be frantically looking for a quick place to unload the body. The stretch before the bridge is the first area where there are no houses nearby and if there was no visible traffic it would be easy to quickly drop the body without having to take time to disguise it. As I also mentioned earlier, I used to live in a property that backs onto the creek a few hundred meters up from the camp and unless it is really pouring with rain, it is more like a gully with a few small waterholes with alot of rocky outcrops and debris. The area at the camp where the creek is accessible is better part of 1km upstream. I honestly don't believe that we have had the sort of rain in the last week that would wash a body that far without getting stuck, just to have it settle on a bank 30m from the river directly below the overpass. Coincidences are everywhere if you look hard enough, but usually the simplest explanation is the most likely one.

And the local forensic pathologist is family so I am watching closely.

I actually expected the husband and his family to push more along the lines of her depression and unstable-ness.....

Regardless, I don't think no matter how depressed, she would commit suicide and leave those beautiful children with a man she doens't love or probably respect. her girls are probably one of the things that keep her going if she was that depressed.
As he lawyered up from day one he would have had the benefit of legal advice so as to avoid making mistakes like focusing on her depression, how obvious that would look, he is obviously not as dumb as some people think otherwise he would of been arrested by now.Think about it everyone, what is his job? He lies for a living, agents are experts in telling people what they want to hear,how many stories over the years do you know of agents telling people they will get so much more only to then hassle you to drop the price while telling the buyer there are multiple offers in? also, he was having an affair as well!! Lies at work everyday of his life in a job that perfects your body language skills and then lies to his family but somehow posts a video about how "honest" he is!!
Only the naive would believe a wordhe had to say which is why the police have probably stopped talking to him as they know with legal representation they will need a strong case so why waste time talking to a liar? Also another abvious point I thought of, if there is a murderer running around killing mothers in wealthy suburbs in the night, where are the police warnings to "lock up and watch your daughters" the reason there has been none of this is obviously because they know who it is and now all they need is enough proof. I just hope he doesnt go one step further and do a murder suicide as there is that danger, it has happened many times before when people feel pushed into the corner. Where are his children and who is staying with them?

I saw this on another site (I don't know if it's already been posted). Was written by someone else - After speaking to police officers who went to the Baden-clay house first, apparently, they noted that he had scratches down his face and chest

I am just keen to hear more facts and information now - the forensic investigations including autopsy are going to be crucial but might take a while. I hope they can find some conclusive information that helps them identify the killer. What worries me is she was in the water for so long and that will make it so much harder. I said very early on that I think it is possible they won't be able to find enough evidence to convict someone. I still think that's possible.

But then we don't know what else they already know - such as what they found in the cars. They could have had quite a few other very useful pieces of evidence from the beginning which theyve been holding onto as they build their case. There are the other things they took away from their searches at the Baden-Clay homes. At the time they said they did a thorough search of the parents shed but nothing has been mentioned about that since.

They don't let murderer's out of jail on day release to go to their victims funerals, can you imagine what the family and friends of a victim would do if the killer rocked up to the funeral, there would be an extra body to be buried.

I agree itsthevibe....The police are still coming out really strenuously stating that information posts are still open, they still wants anything they can grab at, which to me, indicates they dont have enough.....I enjoy all our theories, thoughts etc on here......But as much as this has been wonderful and morbidly entertaining...............I want the person who killed that poor lady, caught. (im sure like most of you).

I hope they can ping the mongrel who did this to her.....GBC or not, I want them caught

That was a response to CRISSYZ, forgot to add the quoted comment in, rest assured if he did it he will not be let out.

As he lawyered up from day one he would have had the benefit of legal advice so as to avoid making mistakes like focusing on her depression, how obvious that would look, he is obviously not as dumb as some people think otherwise he would of been arrested by now.Think about it everyone, what is his job? He lies for a living, agents are experts in telling people what they want to hear,how many stories over the years do you know of agents telling people they will get so much more only to then hassle you to drop the price while telling the buyer there are multiple offers in? also, he was having an affair as well!! Lies at work everyday of his life in a job that perfects your body language skills and then lies to his family but somehow posts a video about how "honest" he is!!
Only the naive would believe a wordhe had to say which is why the police have probably stopped talking to him as they know with legal representation they will need a strong case so why waste time talking to a liar? Also another abvious point I thought of, if there is a murderer running around killing mothers in wealthy suburbs in the night, where are the police warnings to "lock up and watch your daughters" the reason there has been none of this is obviously because they know who it is and now all they need is enough proof. I just hope he doesnt go one step further and do a murder suicide as there is that danger, it has happened many times before when people feel pushed into the corner. Where are his children and who is staying with them?

1) His sister jumped in to the first interview and was quick to point out Allison had depression.
2) Good point, no public warnings about a murderer on the loose killing innocent victims, that's because the police know he did it.
3) Maybe, less than 10% chance
4) The kids are probably with the creepy grandparents.

I saw this on another site (I don't know if it's already been posted). Was written by someone else - After speaking to police officers who went to the Baden-clay house first, apparently, they noted that he had scratches down his face and chest

What other explanation could there be for scratches to that extent, on his chest for God's sake?

If that is true I find it very distressing - the thought of Allison fighting for her life, and what her last moments must have been like. That beautiful woman, the horror and desperation she must have felt. The idea of someone struggling to stop someone killing them and eventually realising they are being overpowered is heartwrenching.

This is a timely reminder of what we are all talking about here, the possible murder of a lovely woman, the mother of 3 children, a vibrant, talented woman who has now undergone a horrible death, and probably knowing she was going to die. Dear Allison, I hope you are at peace and already enjoy the serenity of angels because I know you didnt have that in the last years of your life.

Link to our terms of service:
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65794"]Terms of Service Terms of Service - Long, Detailed Version - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

How to become verified as a local/insider
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=167277"]Rules Verification Process for Professional or Insider Posters - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Link that discusses posting rumors (also sex offenders)
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91068"]New Rules on Sex Offenders and Rumors - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

***also: just a reminder: please do not post information that is taken from other forums. If you are posting information make sure to link (main stream media) to what you are posting as a fact

Thanks so much and welcome to all of our new members! :cheer:

If it's true the lawyer has engaged a barrister this is a very significant step. I think it could be pre-emptive, expecting the police to be knocking on the door sometime soon, so they want to be prepared.

There's just too much not adding up and the stuff that appears to add up doesn't look good for him.

It's true, if the person who did this was some random person the police would have to warn the community.

The day after they find Allison, if the info is right, the lawyer has sought the counsel of a barrister??

I know that I've stated a number of times that hiring a lawyer is not indicative of guilt, but a barrister is a whole other level.

1) His sister jumped in to the first interview and was quick to point out Allison had depression.
2) Good point, no public warnings about a murderer on the loose killing innocent victims, that's because the police know he did it.
3) Maybe
4) The kids are probably with the creepy grandparents.
God I hope not, the creepy pashing granny gropers would be the last people you would choose in this devastating situation, but I fear you are correct, if they do that in the front garage in front of national media, imagine what they get up to at home in front of friends and family, hate to be on their BBQ list, yyyuucck

Small problem with that his family came to Australia from South Africa. Not sure that he would have owned land here.

GBC was actually born in Bournemouth, Hants and this is where his parents were married. His siblings were born in Umtali, Rhodesia ( now known as Zimbabwe)

http://powys.org/pl_tree/ps41/ps41_177.html

They actually lived in Zimbabwe ( Rhodesia) before coming to Australia. Zimbabwe is part of Southern Africa and is not South Africa.

"Moved to Rhodesia in 1972 and emigrated to Australia in 1980."

http://www.greatnorthroad.org/names/read.php?id=2882

Bwana is a word from Swahili - a language used in mostly East Africa but also spoken in some parts of Zimbabwe. GBC father was born in Tanganyika ( East Africa) so I guess by using the word BWANA (meaning master) he is going back to his roots.
In most parts of Africa men who owned land and had workers working for them where adressed as BWANA as it was mostly "the master" that paid them.

Its amazing what you can find when you google for information.

Interesting dig directed at GBC by couriermail, they have posted a photo of him walking donw george st in CBD today talking on his mobile phone with a very normal calm expression on his face. The caption at the bottom says "Gerard Baden-Clay walks down George Street in the CBD today. His lawyer issued a statement on his behalf saying his client "is devastated by the loss of his wife. '' Sure does not look devastated and the editor would have known very well what people would decifer from that.
I just put myself in this situation, I just found out my partner I married and have 3 kids to has been murdered and dumped, do I stay home and break down and support my childre or do I go for a stroll down george st to see my barrister and chat away on the mobile outside pieface. This guy is either guilty of murder or of being a cold callous unloving husband who doesnt care less his kids have lost their mother, either way, it is just bad bad bad

Sorry BrisbaneGirl.....I disagree. I feel he looks very withdrawn, pale and very red eyed in that photo.....Probably scared stiff and waiting for that moment, the police come and say..................................."GOTCHA GERARD"

I agree Willough - I think he looks terrible, almost unrecognisable in that photo. Has he lost heaps of weight since this all happened? He looks dreadful. Guilty or not, the stress of the last few weeks is showing.

Probably still trying to catch up from the night he didnt get to bed after an exhausting night of bushwalking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
curiousXladybug99