Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Totally agree Janek

Okay this is what I am starting to think:

That the police have good reason to be suspicious of him otherwise the cars would not have been impounded and would still not be impounded, the same with his phone. The police have raided his parents home and his office. They have asked the public if anyone saw any movements of the family cars...why is this???

If he were innocent, he would be cleared by now. They zeroed in on his house right from the beginning and turned it into a crime scene! If Mr Baden-Clay was innocent why is he not tilling the earth himself, looking for his wife? Why has he stayed away from vigils and searches and the showgrounds? The first things he does is have a minor car accident and hires a criminal lawyer! Those actions speak volumes

I've never involved myself in a forum before.
Whilst watching a news update a photograph of a young couple signing their marriage certificate was displayed. It was the first I heard of Alison reported being missing. I recognized the couple but it was so brief I had to google the report.

Turns out the groom, Gerard, was once my manager. I also knew Alison, however she worked in a different department and I only knew her in passing and also due to the fact that she and Gerard had recently become engaged.

From the moment reports mentioned he was a person of interest I couldn't really believe it. I stumbled across this forum and it has taken days for me to register. I thought I could offer some insight into how I viewed Gerard and I'm sure my colleagues at the time felt the same.
I admired him from the start. I found him intelligent, articulate, charming, gentle, understanding, patient and even-tempered. I never thought any of this was pretentious unless he was a sociopath. Particularly when the job we were doing could be particularly challenging at times. Sure, he was a corporate man, he was climbing the ladder, but I wasn't going to hold that against him. I thought he had integrity and he was always willing to help, advise and never did I feel he was less than honorable.
True, we change over time and marriage and children and life in general sometimes becomes unbearable and obstacles insurpassable. But Gerard adored Allison. It was so clear. I can't see how he would ever do her any harm, nor get into any state that would even be accidental. I guess people can have very different personas at work and in relationships but from a female perspective his ability to clearly show his love and affection for Allison in front of his staff(particularly in a work environment they shared) demonstrated that emotionally he wasn't stunted. One could say that an ability to display this kind of openness wouldn't be covering up a differenent side at home, OR, it could be over-compensation for different behaviour beyond the work environment. But would someone like Allison stay with someone janus faced? She was no fool. Hence I look to the former theory.
I don't understand people saying he was 'scary', or that he looked 'evil'. I never thought that about Gerard. It's been a long time since I worked with him , maybe i was naive, but essentially we don't change so much we would either intentionally or unintentionally hurt someone, particularly the mother of your own children. I left the father of my daughter and my gosh, how many times I've wished things upon him I'm unwilling to share here but of course I'd never act upon those desires.
If something did happen out of anger the gerard I knew would have admitted to it. There was mention that being in real estate automatically relegated Gerard into the ranks of compulsive liars and manipulators. Working in Real estate does require some confidence and often cunning but we cannot tar all real estate agents with the same brush.

There is so much we don't know, that police are not revealing, or is there? I must admit how surprised I am that there have been absolutely no leaks. We keep hearing the same rehashed, embellished story to try and create some more sensation for some newspaper. I hope this ends soon for everyone's sake.

I have been hoping beyond hope that they find Allison and that Gerard has had no involvement in her disappearance. I feel for them all.

I think Ted Bundy was also perceived by his co-workers as a lovely young man too. Ohhh how some people have secrets!

His stunted emotional display and a lack there of true concern of the whereabouts of his wife and any desperation for finding her is very suggestive of his involvement IMO.

How this unfolds is yet to be seen...I don't know if someone can be charged, with the absence of a body and any DNA or forensic proof of involvement.

Hi everyone! I've been following this case with much interest and sadness and found your forum the other day.
There's so much conflicting information in the news! Some reports say he reported her missing when she went on her morning walk, and some say he was frantically contacting people via phone on Thursday night looking for her?
The article about the muffled screams is horrifying.
My heart goes out to Allison and her family. I hope this matter can be resolved ASAP! It's really heart wrenching :-(

Also isnt it such a good lesson to keep in mind, that if ever anything seems strange.... CALL the police. Don't succumb to the bystander effect and assume someone else will call them. It's so important to be mindful isn't it?

Hopefully the police have a much clearer version of events than the rubbish in the media. So far, her husband has:
. Seen her leave for a walk at 10 pm
. Seen her leave for a walk at 6am or assumed she was on a morning walk
. Frantically texted and phoned friends looking for her
. Left her watching TV (the footy show - really?)
. Gone to bed when he last saw her
. Fallen and scratched himself
. Neighbours dog barked uncharacteristically
. Neighbours saw her walking
. Neighbours didn't see her walking

The screams heard by neighbours are well away from the house, probably at least 500 metres and over a hill, and if the screams belonged to Allison it would make previous guesses at what has happened in the home, and any involvement of vehicles, seem unlikely. If she was attacked near the 'hot zone' that would be really difficult to collect the body or move it elsewhere or to a vehicle without being seen.

There is no way she was run down by one of the family cars, or by the alleged mistress, and I would sincerely doubt the bloke has gone to visit someone he is meant to no longer be seeing, and intentionally crash their car to cover evidence. The reason she will have been interviewed so long is to establish his motive or otherwise. The accident is very unusual but it is not inconceivable he was driving in that direction to turn right toward indooroopilly police, and then whatever happened, happened (fainted, chose to drive at the wall, or whatever). He didn't need to mount a kerb to end up where he did, just be entering at reasonable speed.

The person claiming to be a past colleague of his may well be just that. Their account of his behaviour and mannerisms is very different to the accounts of many locals who know him currently, which maybe goes to show people change. The media has only made vague references to his demeanour since Allison went missing. Locals who've had dealings with him I've heard call him 'weird','womaniser' and 'arrogant'. I'm not saying this to add further fuel to the fire of the growing 'online doubt' about the husband, but this is real recent comments from people with no motive to judge him about this event.

Realistically he could just be guilty and ashamed that news of the affair will have damaged his social standing, hence his unusual interview mannerisms, and Allison having stormed out of the house 'for a walk' has met a completely unknown person who has done her harm 500 metres from her home, in a suburb known for safety and low crime rate. Just based on his current behaviour that seems really very unlikely.

Maybe searchers have done a poor job and Allison and her phone really are in the hot zone triangulated by the mobile phone towers they were getting signals from, if the latest scream theory isn't just more Media confusion. If the police were given this same information a week ago you would assume that area would have been turned upside down. If not, why is the info given to the media instead... Did the police fail to interview these people, or did they fail to come forward? If so, that is hopeless.

Hopefully the police have a much clearer version of events than the rubbish in the media. So far, her husband has:
. Seen her leave for a walk at 10 pm
. Seen her leave for a walk at 6am or assumed she was on a morning walk
. Frantically texted and phoned friends looking for her
. Left her watching TV (the footy show - really?)
. Gone to bed when he last saw her
. Fallen and scratched himself
. Neighbours dog barked uncharacteristically
. Neighbours saw her walking
. Neighbours didn't see her walking

The screams heard by neighbours are well away from the house, probably at least 500 metres and over a hill, and if the screams belonged to Allison it would make previous guesses at what has happened in the home, and any involvement of vehicles, seem unlikely. If she was attacked near the 'hot zone' that would be really difficult to collect the body or move it elsewhere or to a vehicle without being seen.

There is no way she was run down by one of the family cars, or by the alleged mistress, and I would sincerely doubt the bloke has gone to visit someone he is meant to no longer be seeing, and intentionally crash their car to cover evidence. The reason she will have been interviewed so long is to establish his motive or otherwise. The accident is very unusual but it is not inconceivable he was driving in that direction to turn right toward indooroopilly police, and then whatever happened, happened (fainted, chose to drive at the wall, or whatever). He didn't need to mount a kerb to end up where he did, just be entering at reasonable speed.

The person claiming to be a past colleague of his may well be just that. Their account of his behaviour and mannerisms is very different to the accounts of many locals who know him currently, which maybe goes to show people change. The media has only made vague references to his demeanour since Allison went missing. Locals who've had dealings with him I've heard call him 'weird','womaniser' and 'arrogant'. I'm not saying this to add further fuel to the fire of the growing 'online doubt' about the husband, but this is real recent comments from people with no motive to judge him about this event.

Realistically he could just be guilty and ashamed that news of the affair will have damaged his social standing, hence his unusual interview mannerisms, and Allison having stormed out of the house 'for a walk' has met a completely unknown person who has done her harm 500 metres from her home, in a suburb known for safety and low crime rate. Just based on his current behaviour that seems really very unlikely.

Maybe searchers have done a poor job and Allison and her phone really are in the hot zone triangulated by the mobile phone towers they were getting signals from, if the latest scream theory isn't just more Media confusion. If the police were given this same information a week ago you would assume that area would have been turned upside down. If not, why is the info given to the media instead... Did the police fail to interview these people, or did they fail to come forward? If so, that is hopeless.

My understanding is that the screams where heard by people near their house which is 4kms away from the Baden-Clay's home.

Businessman Will Truter was watching television with his family when he heard two screams, then went out into the dark to investigate.

"While I was standing outside we heard a third sound,'' Mr Truter told The Sunday Mail from his Brookfield property, about 4km from Mrs Baden-Clay's home.

I missed the 4km thing, saw they said it was 'about a half hour walk', but the difficulty of moving a body from that entire area without being seen would remain. Their distances don't sound accurate, the 'hot zone' is nowhere near 4 km from the Baden-clay home... But wouldn't be the first vague detail reported.

Hoping those personal items they found truly belong to Allison!

The scream reports are eerie and yes you would think they would have just automtaically gone to the police. But living on acreage - it is incredibly difficult to tell what is going on around you and the direction of the screams. We have kids and the neighbours kids around us screaming blue murder all day and often at night while they play tiggy and chasey games in the yard and the police would not want to hear about that. Sometimes those screams are bloodcurdling!

But also this info builds a very different and suggestive angle for police. Maybe he 'joined' his wife for her walk...... maybe after the walk the car was involvedjust after the screams? All my speculation but that timeline has been deliberately kept fuzzy by police - so I reckon they know whats happened that night. The police seem dead set on the zone of interest which really amazes me because I think of all the quiet country roads that link up with other state forest roads it really worries me how much bush is out there!!!!!

First time poster here, just a few thoughts & a lot of hmmms. If the husband was born & raised in the area then I would assume he'd know the whole area like the back of his hand so his absence from the searches raises a few questions. On the very day he reported his wife missing, he resorts to contacting lawyers, criminal lawyers at that. Your wife is missing & all you can think about doing is contacting lawyers???

On BrisbaneTimes news site it stated "Police are also interested in information about the movements of the Baden-Clay's cars - a white Toyota Prado and a silver Holden Captiva - between 8pm on Thursday, April 19, and 6am on Friday".

What time was she last seen, 8pm, 10pm or 6am, the time keeps changing.

The neighbours who heard screams, this is supposedly such a tight knit community, the reports of a missing person, Allison Baden-Clay, from within their community, were all over the news right from the Friday, yet the neighbours don't report the screams until Saturday???

My first post on this forum!
I have been so obsessed with this case, and have been following this thread from page 1.
I grew up in Bellbowrie, but now living in another area, but still classify this area as my home, perhaps thts why I am so intrigued, also I worked in real estate in Kenmore many years ago.

I just can't believe how high profile this case is... how quickly it took off and is still in breaking news day after day.

Have to say, as soon as i read that post on the previous page, or should we stick with 'testimonial' straight away I thought its either the woman he had the affair with, or def Gerard or the lawyer.......

There are just so many holes in this story, and all I am going by is the media stories, which keep repeating themselves.

I def think the car accident was a complete distraction.... why would he be heading in that direction to go to the station (as said previously, coming from brookfield he would go straight down moggill road and turn left in to the station.... not right up the ramp and down past the bus stop.....

Why did it take 6 days for the police to track the mobile signal? And how can her iphone not be flat after that time?? I know mine goes flat after 2 or so days without use.

I can't see her having been abducted in that area....which makes me think its foul play.

Gerards behaviour is def not that of a concerned husband.... his acting skills suck to start with, I just can't understand why any husband would just sit there and not do anything to help?? And there seems to be quite a distance between him and her parents.... you would think that in any normal situation, they would unite and do what they can, but also to be there to support each other!
I wonder if the police know more than they are letting on, and are slowly releasing info, such as the latest news of the neighbour on Rafting Ground Rd hearing the screaming - says they reported it to police last saturday.... why has it taken a week for them to release that statement? Unless I misread....
Poor Allison and the girls, and her poor distraught parents :( I don't think this is sounding good at all....
My first instincts I thought she might have done a runner to start a new life somewhere else.... but now I'm not too sure.
I wonder what personal articles they found, and if tihey found anything suspicious on Gerards computer/evidence.
Thankfully its not as cool today and the rain has stopped for all the dedicated and hardworking SES and police crew & people searching for any clues.
Lets hope this is solved soon, that they find Allison alive and well..... praying that there is some closure for the family.

My first post on this forum!
I have been so obsessed with this case, and have been following this thread from page 1.
I grew up in Bellbowrie, but now living in another area, but still classify this area as my home, perhaps thts why I am so intrigued, also I worked in real estate in Kenmore many years ago.

I just can't believe how high profile this case is... how quickly it took off and is still in breaking news day after day.

Have to say, as soon as i read that post on the previous page, or should we stick with 'testimonial' straight away I thought its either the woman he had the affair with, or def Gerard or the lawyer.......

There are just so many holes in this story, and all I am going by is the media stories, which keep repeating themselves.

I def think the car accident was a complete distraction.... why would he be heading in that direction to go to the station (as said previously, coming from brookfield he would go straight down moggill road and turn left in to the station.... not right up the ramp and down past the bus stop.....

Why did it take 6 days for the police to track the mobile signal? And how can her iphone not be flat after that time?? I know mine goes flat after 2 or so days without use.

I can't see her having been abducted in that area....which makes me think its foul play.

Gerards behaviour is def not that of a concerned husband.... his acting skills suck to start with, I just can't understand why any husband would just sit there and not do anything to help?? And there seems to be quite a distance between him and her parents.... you would think that in any normal situation, they would unite and do what they can, but also to be there to support each other!
I wonder if the police know more than they are letting on, and are slowly releasing info, such as the latest news of the neighbour on Rafting Ground Rd hearing the screaming - says they reported it to police last saturday.... why has it taken a week for them to release that statement? Unless I misread....
Poor Allison and the girls, and her poor distraught parents :( I don't think this is sounding good at all....
My first instincts I thought she might have done a runner to start a new life somewhere else.... but now I'm not too sure.
I wonder what personal articles they found, and if tihey found anything suspicious on Gerards computer/evidence.
Thankfully its not as cool today and the rain has stopped for all the dedicated and hardworking SES and police crew & people searching for any clues.
Lets hope this is solved soon, that they find Allison alive and well..... praying that there is some closure for the family.

That car accident was the biggest load of crap ever. NO ONE except buses and police are even allowed to drive into this bus area. Its not even easy to pull into the bus zone.

Forgot to say... with regards to his car 'accident' ..... on the way to be questioned by police, he has had an accident.... now, the other big suspicious part of this whole situation, there was not much damage to the car.... yet he was hospitalised for 2 days!!!! I had written my car off, sliced my knee down to the bone and needed 7 layers of stitches.... yet i came home that night.... Sorry, but after a little bang, and you are hospitalised?? Oh thats right, you need some time out to get your story straight.... thats my opinion..... Cos it just doesn't make any sense at all. Alarm bells.....

I remember years and years ago that taxi's used to drive to the top part of the bus stop, before all the renovations, but no cars should be going in there, there is no reason he would need to go in to the bus stop. Even if he had to 'divert' to avoid a collision, how could he go that far up in to the bus stop, he would have crashed in to the bus stop along side the road......

I remember years and years ago that taxi's used to drive to the top part of the bus stop, before all the renovations, but no cars should be going in there, there is no reason he would need to go in to the bus stop. Even if he had to 'divert' to avoid a collision, how could he go that far up in to the bus stop, he would have crashed in to the bus stop along side the road......

absolutely! and he was 'just a little bit hurt' boils my blood -my injuries would be the last thing I was worried about if one of my family members was missing!

Exactly...how many people would discard their own problems/pain etc to honestly work all day and all night no matter if you were a little bit sore, to search high and low for all hours of the day to find your missing wife...the mother of your children. Reminds me of my wedding vows.... in sickness and in health... no matter what, you do everything you can. Period. regardless of whether he was told to keep away.. that wouldnt stop most people.... and the fact that if he was asked to keep away, then obviously thats suss too. Or at least just be there at the showgrounds to personally thank the locals, SES & Police for all their hard work, all the locals who brought food.... and most of all, to be there to support her parents, and to be supported by them. I def think his parents, or his sister seeing as though she is capable of speaking for him, that they can look after the 3 girls so that he should be out there doing his husbandly duty.

Just like in sickness and in health... Maybe he concentrated on till death do us part... If he killed her or knew she was deceased, then perhaps he feels he doesn't need to respect his vows anymore. Horrible thought :(

I think it would be pretty likely the woman he allegedly has/had an affair with would know what has occurred if Gerard is involved, I hope she is being questioned and the pressure is on. She actually better be quite cautious about her own safety if she knows anything, if he is capable of it once, he might be capable twice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties