Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think people's use of Google Maps might be getting the better of them. IF the husband is responsible the least likely place he's likely to dispose of Alison is within a kilometre of his parent's place, heading towards the most populated area of Brookfield, in a direct line between his house and his parents where he has ended up staying. I realise someone in the alleged state of mind wouldn't be thinking straight but by all measures of trying to hide something, he'd head for bushland in isolated areas - there is plenty of that.

The screams are probably a furphy - we hear screams from teen's parties quite a bit in this area ... not saying anything that makes a woman scream shouldn't be reported but this would be the tenth occasion in the last year a loud unexplained noise in the 'quiet affluent suburbs' wasn't reported to police.

The place the screams were heard has now been described as 2.5km from the Baden-Clay's home, not 4km as originally reported, nearly half the distance is a big discrepancy.

In the unlikely event a lady 'watching the footy show' would suddenly up stumps and walk 2.5 km she could have been attacked by an unknown person and screamed. But she would have needed to leave home around 9.15 to arrive at that location by around 10 when the neighbours reported the screams.

Maybe the unspecified factors are that the police first observed on the scene are going to be the link to where and how Allison is found. They don't seem too convinced she has gone for a walk either at night or in the morning.

Hi,
I haven't posted before but have been following the posts here since I live in the area where this woman disappeared. I found this news item interesting.. The local resident heard screams and then went outside and heard muffled screams as if someone was trying to stop a woman screaming. I feel very bad for Allison as she has young children and I'm sure no woman with young children would have put herself at risk. Knowing the Brookfield area a bit, I wouldn't go out walking here at night.. there is no street lighting in some places and others are poorly lit. I pray every day that Allison is found.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...-mum-disappeared/story-e6freuzr-1226341571937

I think people's use of Google Maps might be getting the better of them. IF the husband is responsible the least likely place he's likely to dispose of Alison is within a kilometre of his parent's place, heading towards the most populated area of Brookfield, in a direct line between his house and his parents where he has ended up staying. I realise someone in the alleged state of mind wouldn't be thinking straight but by all measures of trying to hide something, he'd head for bushland in isolated areas - there is plenty of that.

The screams are probably a furphy - we hear screams from teen's parties quite a bit in this area ... not saying anything that makes a woman scream shouldn't be reported but this would be the tenth occasion in the last year a loud unexplained noise in the 'quiet affluent suburbs' wasn't reported to police.

The place the screams were heard has now been described as 2.5km from the Baden-Clay's home, not 4km as originally reported, nearly half the distance is a big discrepancy.

In the unlikely event a lady 'watching the footy show' would suddenly up stumps and walk 2.5 km she could have been attacked by an unknown person and screamed. But she would have needed to leave home around 9.15 to arrive at that location by around 10 when the neighbours reported the screams.

Maybe the unspecified factors are that the police first observed on the scene are going to be the link to where and how Allison is found. They don't seem too convinced she has gone for a walk either at night or in the morning.

That is 2.5 km as the crow flies. If you are following the only plausible walking/driving paths (especially at that time of night) 4km is much more accurate. The other factor is that you really have to know this area to figure out where you might try to hide something, where you won't be seen by people on their properties, etc, where a car wouldn't be noticed.

Yes that's what I keep wondering about, the "unspecified observations", which could really be a whole range of things, what condition was interior of house in, were there signs a fight had taken place, items thrown around etc. What condition were the two cars in, were there scratches or marks on either of them. The list could go on & on but one would think it had to be something rather serious to warrant the first attending police reporting it to detectives.

Yes that's what I keep wondering about, the "unspecified observations", which could really be a whole range of things, what condition was interior of house in, were there signs a fight had taken place, items thrown around etc. What condition were the two cars in, were there scratches or marks on either of them. The list could go on & on but one would think it had to be something rather serious to warrant the first attending police reporting it to detectives.

I am not familiar with Police methods of investigations, but:
it now seems obvious that the Police have their own observations and knowledge of events that they are keeping under wraps. In their investigations, they would be methodically examining all details. They are seeking for members of the Public to contribute any useful information which then they probably organize to be typed into a computer Document Management program. From this program, they would be able to match up 'times' and 'words', and examine them closely to find a 'common thread'. Even if/when Allison's body is found, then they would proceed to re-examine the information to make links with movements/person(s). It is frustrating for us, because: in working with the Police, we volunteer any information/ideas that we have BUT it can't happen in reverse, where the Police would not give valuable information to us to enable our logical minds to solve this mystery.

... the Police would not give valuable information to us to enable our logical minds to solve this mystery.

I don't think the police are seeking offers of criminal analysis from forum members or the general public, but they definitely would like locals to find some physical evidence of Allison's whereabouts. Pretty sure this will be the final piece in their case they're building. Unfortunately I think finding this evidence is going to require people scouring isolated bush in the area, given how likely it is that a vehicle would be seen anywhere near populated and even sparsely populated areas near where she went missing.

The simple truth is that anything the police have uncovered of significance is being hidden from the family and the media because it will be used to trip up the perpetrator when they have enough to make an arrest and bring him in. We are only going to hear things that will not damage their ability to do so, nor hinder the case as it moves towards trial.

Any hints they drop are simply to shake up said perpetrator and encourage him to react thereby compounding the mistakes he has already made.

I feel very bad for Allison as she has young children and I'm sure no woman with young children would have put herself at risk. Knowing the Brookfield area a bit, I wouldn't go out walking here at night
I don't think walking at night in the Brookfield area would normally be seen as too risky - I've seen plenty of single people walking with a torch over the years. While it's tempting to think the screams are related, it's equally likely it was teenagers / people at the party that has been reported.

The story the police are now relaying is that Allison was last seen by her husband at home watching TV, and that he assumed she had left for her usual morning walk and then not returned.

I personally don't believe the police think she went for a walk and that is probably why the initial report of the screams in that relatively populated area quite a distance from her home were not seen as substantial.

They haven't asked who saw Allison walking her usual morning route, or whether anyone saw her on the road at night. They have however asked if anyone saw the family's cars between 10pm and 6am. There's got to be something in that.

I don't think walking at night in the Brookfield area would normally be seen as too risky - I've seen plenty of single people walking with a torch over the years. While it's tempting to think the screams are related, it's equally likely it was teenagers / people at the party that has been reported.

They haven't asked who saw Allison walking her usual morning route, or whether anyone saw her on the road at night. They have however asked if anyone saw the family's cars between 10pm and 6am. There's got to be something in that.

Two things: I live very close to the residence, and I think that while not impossible to go out walking along there at night, there are definitely some routes that are much more and some that are much less plausible, given where the streetlights are (or aren't). Some are very implausible in my opinion, even if you were walking out hella angry.

Also, I have no idea what the police believe or not, but they sure did ask folks who live along her regular walking routes if they saw her walking either the night, or the morning. And they did put up that mannequin in her walking gear. So what they believe, I do not know, but they have been asking plenty about walking.

I thought they were from Sth Africa as Keyboredom has noted. But the skulls still make me wonder as to what kind of a culture he grew up in, if hunting was considered to be ok. It's just strange to have them so proudly displayed (at least to me it is).

If you noticed the personalised number plate on the father's car as they left Indooroopilly Police after Gerard Baden Clay's interview it says "BWANA" - (bwana [ˈbwɑːnə] n (in E Africa) a master, often used as a respectful form of address corresponding to sir).

In our culture, calling ourselves "sir" on our number plate would have us being called something beginning with W and rhyming with banker. But that might be a pointer of the type of culture he probably grew up in.

Hi,

Just wondering if there are any old septic systems in the area, I presume most houses are connected to town sewage. Terrible thought, I know but a possibility.

Lets hope they find Allison soon for the children and family, certainly feel she won't be found alive now. I agree the mobile phone was most likely thrown away, unless she had it a pocket and it was overlooked by the perpetrator.

So what they believe, I do not know, but they have been asking plenty about walking.

Initially they asked a lot of questions about her walking. I don't think you'll find any recent reference, from say the last 5 days, to the police wanting to confirm anyone saw Allison walking, and there has also been no mention of anyone actually having seeing her walking, at all... no one interviewed recently has been asked about a person walking, but plenty about when garbage bins were emptied etc.

Not wanting to fuel more speculation, or try to be an armchair expert, but the police are not looking for a missing walker.

Hi,

Just wondering if there are any old septic systems in the area, I presume most houses are connected to town sewage. Terrible thought, I know but a possibility.

I've had that thought too. Nearly everyone in the vicinity is on septic systems

Hi,

All the properties surrounding the rented property use septic systems (tanks) - as there is no town sewerage. I was told police had inspected all tanks, above and undergound - you'd hope so.

To add to worrying and 'out there' theories, there is the local cemetery on the corner of the same block, with recently excavated gravesite. The likelihood of a body being snuck in there probably belongs in mystery novels though - guess the police would have had a look around there - it's basically 200 metres from Allison's home.

Yep just flashed on channel 10 too :-( poor Allison. I'm thinking of her parents and girls x

Well, at least now she can be laid to rest. So sad for her family and daughters. Are we sure she was found this morning and not last night? Just strange all the movements late yesterday then the family vigil this morn. Or am I just being suspicious of everything now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214