Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apologies for repeating myself (I asked this yesterday)....

Does anyone know if McHugh is the maiden or married name?

Does anyone know if Toni's house or car have been searched?

Also, just a thought.... Many have stated Allison may have found something out about GBC, but maybe it was something about Toni she found out? Food for thought.....

Remember Barossa ( I think it was Barossa) and their early tidings re: ' a woman scorned' ? Just popped to mind for some reason. At the time I thought that was way too simple an explanation

Anyway, maybe the mistress told the wife about the rumours of new g/f and the 9 months thing? Probably not, but the forum's quiet and we're already in strife for going off topic

But to push speculation a little further, if the old mistress told the wife about the new g/f and if this created a row between husband and wife, wouldn't the mistress feel a sense of responsibility for what eventuated and thus be prompted to help in the 'clean up'?

Not even all my opinion -- just wild speculation at this moment in time and subject to change

I thought that in an ordinary little prang into a wall or whatever, that it would be just towed to a panel beaters. What was reason for taking of this vehicle by the police for mechanical testing etc? They must have been told something went amiss mechanically causing crash. Still not normal for such a little prang for police to take car. Must be because of the identity of the driver.

IMO Mistress's car...I am relieved to know now that police were smart enough to impound it aswell

no...not her...unless she had nose job...cheeks different aswell....IMO

....& had her legs shortened as well...lol.

She'd have a damn hide though if that was her at the "house of pashin".

He was sitting with someone who may have been TM last night @ the show can anyone confirm this?. And his biggest daughter was sitting on his lap with them. It may have been common knowledge w/ the kids too, and they may know about and accept the fact that their was another relationship. Mind you, they didn't look disturbed about it at all. Unlike the Dickies...

http://www.couriermail.com.au/ipad/baden-clay-cheated-on-allison/story-fn6ck45n-1226361029739

"The affair has been a focus of investigations and may be a factor in Mr Baden-Clay's near-silence publicly since his wife vanished and was found dead on a Kholo Creek riverbank at Anstead."

If the affair had nothing to do with Allison's death, why would the affair be a focus of investigations?.....................................The police aren't there to investigate an affair, they are investigating the DEATH OF ALLISON.

The above comment would surely mean, they feel this affair has something to do with Allison's death and as the affair includes Toni McHUgh, would that not make her a suspect?

good point Willough...it indicates that irrespective of what evidence they had or now have, the police THEMSELVES are centering the investigation on a definitive connection between Gerard Baden Clay, Toni McHugh and Allison Baden Clay's death..speaks volumes, to me anyway.

I don't recall them ever stating that the finances were a focus, or that they may be a factor in the death of ABC, although the media has certainly reported financial troubles. Whether or not she was killed due to an affair or financial troubles 9the two most talked about theories), it sounds like the QPS believe its related to the affair

Remember there was also a person on here a few days back who professed TM's innocence in this whole affair and said how devastated she was at all the gossip because she truely loved Allison and was devastated by her murder........BARF!

Really??
are you sure they weren't referring to that other poor woman who works in real estate whose name was thrown around for some time, whereby myself and others who know some of players in this case were quick to jump to her defence because we knew it as fact that it wasn't her?
It was common knowledge about this affair (TM &GBC) as accurately reported in the sunday mail so anyone who came on in here saying what you have just posted was clearly an associate or friend of TM.
I agree with previous poster about this also being a blatant sales mission on the part of Queensland Newspapers. The sensitivity they showed throughout the last month was ok because people were buying newspapers to read about this case regardless and it was easy for them to look like the good guys. The public frenzy has since slowed down but targets still have to be achieved!!

This poor woman (yes she is a home wrecker and so is he, yes its a low act by both of them) is now public enemy number one because of this story and her children will be affected in the school yard! And they just don't deserve that.
millions of affairs go on around us each year, its as common as putting your clothes on each morning for millions around us!
But the participants in the affairs, whilst deserve a hard kick up the arse, don't in my opinion deserve public smearing and public stoning like this!!
Certainly NOT before it has been proven that this actually had anything to do with the murder whatsoever!!
I expect this opinion will be vastly different to the majority. But before you jump on the bandwagon, just for one second, think that this could be your sister or daughter here, and whilst she was very very stupid for getting involved with a married man, does she deserve to be publicy humiliated for it, does it automatically implicate her in a freaking MURDER??
Somehow I think we'd all take a different view if it were one of our own....

If however she was part of the evil act that took an innocent life and destroyed the hearts of ABC's children and family, then burn her at the stake!
If not then leave her the *** alone QLD Newspapers.
Her penalty is a life ahead full of guilt and regret no doubt. Our actions always have consequences....

.Unfolding Truth, your post reminded me of a few things. We do have to be careful in how we judge people based on what they do/ don't do, and how they act. Some years ago a friend of mine's child was murdered. I hadn't known her for long, but for various reasons I became her primary support person...walking that horrid journey with her. Initially at the hospital the doctor's thought that he died for some previously undiagnosed medical problem. She was a single mother and it was a real shock when2 days after he died, she discovered the cause of death after the autopsy results came back. She was hauled into the police station for hours and hours of questioning (7 or 8 hours plus). I wasn't with her then, but she reported that they held her there with aggressive questioning to the point that she sometimes was lying on the floor as she was nearly passing out from grief, distress and even hunger. She was confused and she was treated like the perpetrator which is a VERY distressing experience when you are already in grief and shock at the death of your only child. She was a single mother. For various cultural and religious reasons she and her mother (the only relatives) had cleared out all of the child's things like bedding the day that he died. I think that they had Buddhist beliefs and there was superstition about the belongings of a dead person. They had unknowingly gotten rid of the evidence of the crime and this also seemed suspicious to the police.....that they were covering up the crime etc. In the end they found the offender and he pleaded guilty to manslaughter and the prosecution accepted that as it was hard to have enough strong evidence for the full charge of murder. The point is that people do react differently for cultural and religious reasons. all of this woman's behaviour seemed suss to the police..... but it was an appropriate cultural response.

I think that this could be applied to how the public's perception of the Baden Clay's response to grief. Some cultural groups do have a reputation for being very stoic and less outwardly emotional than other cultural groups. Of course I am generalizing here..... but cultural responses do need to be considered and respected.

Just because you may be outwardly stoic doesn't mean that you aren't inwardly grieving and distressed and it doesn't make you guilty or innocent for that matter. Just like people who display their grief/ distress in more public and sometimes histrionic ways are not necessarily more grief stricken internally than a more stoic person, and it doesn't make someone less guilty/ more innocent either.

People are all different.

Thank you for sharing this very sad story about your friend Seeking; that she lost her child and what she went through to prove her lack of involvement and innocence.

You make a good point about cultural differences and how people can be judged because their reactions appear to be different to the norm. From the Buddhist perspective, I can see how they would want to get rid of items belonging to the deceased but that must have greatly hampered the detectives on the case trying to collect evidence.

I agree with you, that some people/cultures are able to cover their emotions well and we should not judge them.
However, it is difficult for us, the public, who are waiting to see justice done.
It's like this case is a blight on our conciousness, both as Queenslanders and as people. This case has piqued the public interest as I believe most of us can relate to Allison in one way or another; her hardworking nature, her kindness, the love she showed to her family and friends - it's universal.

Good morning ,
just heard 7 News report about GBC havign an affair with worker..
here is link

http://www.news.com.au/national/ger...ate-wife-allison/story-e6frfkvr-1226361199904

so seems that little snippets are coming out .. possible arrest / or just pressure on GBC ?
wonder if GBC will be heading to police station soon with lawyer in tow

People, it means Jack Shi*
doesn't mean anything apart from Qld Newspapers simply wanted to sell another 50,000 copies this Sunday!
Somebody mentioned does this mean she is now officiallly the 2nd POI. she's alays been a POI.
There have been many POI in this case.
THIS ARTICLE MEANS NOTHING.
we know no more about this case today than we did yesterday....

Hi guys

I was the one who originally posted about Toni being close to 6 ft. I actually know both ladies (well enough to stop and have a chat on the street with), and can categorically advise they are NOT the same person.

With the other two ladies being outed previously as potential mistresses incorrectly, didn't want people going off on a tangent about the lady with the yellow bug.

Can also confirm that TM & GBC are very close in age.

I have just had another look at GBCs interview the day Allison was found (30 April) and on it Decetective Ainsworth says 'we are treating this as unlawful homicide and in fact have been doing this for some time now'. So what could have made the police think that it was homicide before they even found he body of Allison?

BROOKFIELD mum Allison Baden-Clay's husband Gerard had an affair with a woman who worked in their real estate franchise, friends say in evidence confirmed to police and central to investigations.

Ms McHugh is the former staffer reported to have been interviewed at least three times by detectives and confirmed the relationship to police, The Sunday Mail can reveal.

The affair has been a focus of investigations

http://www.news.com.au/national/ger...ate-wife-allison/story-e6frfkvr-1226361199904

Can understand your sentiments, Mountainhigh, but the affair has been 'a focus of investigations' according to the above source

As you say, people have affairs all the time. But this affair is central to/focus of investigations into a murder

Really??
are you sure they weren't referring to that other poor woman who works in real estate whose name was thrown around for some time, whereby myself and others who know some of players in this case were quick to jump to her defence because we knew it as fact that it wasn't her?

good point, congratulating the forum or community as a whole on the revelation is a bit like saying someone could have won gold lotto because they picked 2 of the winning numbers :)

...deserve a hard kick up ...

Thought we'd gone x-rated on GBC's antics there, till I realised you said 'kick' ;)

People, it means Jack Shi*
doesn't mean anything apart from Qld Newspapers simply wanted to sell another 50,000 copies this Sunday!
Somebody mentioned does this mean she is now officiallly the 2nd POI. she's alays been a POI.
There have been many POI in this case.
THIS ARTICLE MEANS NOTHING.
we know no more about this case today than we did yesterday....

I understand where you're coming from mountainhigh but the article today comfirms what I understood to be "rumours".

WE, as in members of this forum, were aware of the rumours...the greater community of Brisbane most likely didn't know.

Apologies for repeating myself (I asked this yesterday)....

Does anyone know if McHugh is the maiden or married name?

Does anyone know if Toni's house or car have been searched?

Also, just a thought.... Many have stated Allison may have found something out about GBC, but maybe it was something about Toni she found out? Food for thought.....

married name. separated but obviously not divorced yet.

good point, congratulating the forum or community as a whole on the revelation is a bit like saying someone could have won gold lotto because they picked 2 of the winning numbers :)

Thought we'd gone x-rated on GBC's antics there, till I realised you said 'kick' ;)

Not really. There were claims of an affair with someone who worked with him. Naturally, people scrutinized women who worked with him

The media, early on, divulged that two people had lent him X-dollars and had left the same day. People then scrutinzed those who'd left that office and discovered a C21 blog about two people who'd joined the firm, one of them being a woman

and so on. Process of elimination, which is the same process law enforcement and investigators use

People were disinclined to believe that the older woman under discussion was the woman with whom he was rumoured to be having an affair

and so on again

So imo, just a logical progression on the part of several dozen interested parties

Just in case it helps, I got it on reasonably good authority the car in the accident was owned by a male friend. Must be pleased with GBC (thanks for the loan car mate, it's in the police impound if you need it in 2 months when it's released! Then you can spend six grand fixing it!).

Don't think the yellow car is related to TM (as someone mentioned)...that appears to be a random guess made on another forum who irresponsibly decided the lady in the yellow car was TM. Prime example of Chinese Whispers. Terrible for the lady falsely accused.

Actually TM did not take on husband's surname, am assuming it is her maiden name but could be from a prior relationship.

Process of elimination, which is the same process law enforcement and investigators use

Law enforcement seldom name and shame innocent people in their 'process'. I think it's disgusting, IMO (different story if there is at least some evidence or media statement someone is maybe involved, but google and jumping to stupid conclusions doesn't help solve a case at all)

Just in case it helps, I got it on reasonably good authority the car in the accident was owned by a male friend. Must be pleased with GBC (thanks for the loan car mate, it's in the police impound if you need it in 2 months when it's released! Then you can spend six grand fixing it!).

Don't think the yellow car is related to TM (as someone mentioned)...that appears to be a random guess made on another forum who irresponsibly decided the lady in the yellow car was TM. Prime example of Chinese Whispers. Terrible for the lady falsely accused.

Well, here we go again

Do we take your 'on reasonably good authority' re: the accident-car as reliable?

Or -- should we NOT take your information in case you accuse us of ' irresponsible Chinese whispers'

????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members