Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
i used to like you minni :)

awwww...I feel bad now, I m sorry, I was just reading over my old posts to see what my main feel has been as it has changed so often I lost track....I read some discussion between he and I early, then when I came back to here..a few phrases leapt out at me!!! forgive me?????:truce:

No my feelings towards GBC have not changed, just wondered if we may get a surprise with the final outcome. He is guilty as all get out IMO but may not of been the lead player, just another thought.

Maybe

Motive and opportunity are key, imo

Killing someone is a major crossroads in a person's life. Nothing is or can ever be the same after that, which is what keeps most of us in check in extremity

This is an international site isn't it?
Do we really need all the good-night messages here? It is bothersome for those outside Australia to have to read them.

The police will make an announcement when a person is or persons are arrested. Let's be sensitive to what is going on. If someone takes his or her life because of the gossip and speculation, it will be a double or triple tragedy for those B-C children and for the families of the others involved. Let's try not to increase the body count here people.

Yes it is an international site but the people saying goodnight are locals to the actual murder, which is central to our communication on this thread. The local times of day and night are important and useful to mark, and the goodnights are a nice way of adding a human element to things and keeping things friendly. Many people stay up until the evenings online news is posted, or tweets come in about what might be published in the paper tomorrow, then if there is anything to discuss the discussion gets underway before bed.

Keep 'em coming, I love the goodnights, and even Mod Kimster joins in with bedtime wishes and cute emoticons. This is a tragic murder and anything that represents simple kindness and niceness doesn't go astray IMO.

The thing is that TM didn't lawyer up immediately. If she is implicated in the murder then she sure took her time seeking legal advice. If she is involved then she would have to have one hell of a nerve to endure hours of police questioning and think she could talk her way out of it.

hehehe shes a real estate agent, never met one who hasnt spun me a load of.. well.. you know what.. if it meant getting what they want lol

awwww...I feel bad now, I m sorry, I was just reading over my old posts to see what my main feel has been as it has changed so often I lost track....I read some discussion between he and I early, then when I came back to here..a few phrases leapt out at me!!! forgive me?????:truce:

also, I wanted to appear incredibly witty and clever on the off chance I was right!!! sad, I know

Feeling against GBC seems to be softening. Let's not forget ABC's best friend saying "she told me things, I should have done more".

Not softening here I assure you. IMO if he isn't the main perp, he still knows what happened and that is utterly galling to me. IMO.

nonsense Im sorry. QPS would never reveal to the media what was said in a sit down interiew, simply not the case.
sunday mail are not directly quoting QPS here..
Sunday Mail have been itcing to report this affair from day 1. they have not reported it or done a story on it so far because they have not had permission from the police, it doesn't work like that.
QPS don't have the resources to sue QLD Newspapers! nor have the time...
this has been a calculated run on the behalf of QLD Newspapers and has been based on legal ramifications obviously since cleared up by 'their people'
honestly the naivity on how the media work on this forum really suprises me given the intellect floating about.
yes laser disc advertising makes them money not sale of newspapers. how they get advertisers in the first place and how much money they can charge for their advertising space depends entirely on their readership.....
to get the readership up they must SELL newspapers....sell sell sell
readers read stories like this, not harvey norman fride adverts...that comes secondary

How does the paper know TM confirmed the relationship to police if the police didn't tell them? It doesn't say she admitted it during an official interview, that was my assumption. Are you saying the journalist is lying?

IMO. No trucks along that road, especially that time of the morning.
Trucks travel main routes usually and leave depots. Normally truck drivers drive in their cars to the depots then start their job, either driving interstate or between suburbs. No truck would be delivering anything at 4am, unless they were interstate and on a main highway.

Well what kind of vehicles would travel at that time of night. Milk delivery and Newspaper delivery (to houses) ??? Office cleaners travelling to or from work ??

Just a thought :)

also, I wanted to appear incredibly witty and clever on the off chance I was right!!! sad, I know

You followed your instincts, Minni. You have them for a reason, in matters large and small :) Don't kick them or they'll wither and die and then you won't have them when you really need them

With respect (and welcome by the way) we aren't placing the focus on TM. The police are focusing on TM's relationship with GBC, for reasons known to them and probably based on information provided them by TM herself and possibly others

With respect back, I was not talking about people here but the Media.

How does the paper know TM confirmed the relationship to police if the police didn't tell them? It doesn't say she admitted it during an official interview, that was my assumption. Are you saying the journalist is lying?

how the sunday mail can reveal that the "affair was confirmed to QPS during a Police inerview" is not known to me. They have their sources like everybody else. But when the Police confirm something it becomes public knowledge and I would think you would walk a long way for a very long time to see QPS physically confirming this bit of information. If it was confirmed to Qld Newspapers, their story would have read more along the lines of "QPS have confirmed to the Sunday Mail of the affair between Ms Mchugh and GBC" not simply sunday mail can reveal..look at the wording of it..

From what people have said it seems like he was there Fri night and also Saturday. Is this right?

Yes that's right - Friday night, Saturday during day and Saturday night. I think the kids have been given free tickets so i guess that could be why - he could send them with other rellies or friends though in my opinion. He has a lot of front ! I think he does use the girls as a kind of shield as another poster mentioned - he would know that people in these parts would never have a real go at him when he has the girls with him.

Bet he would never turn up to the local pub on his own though, people might not be so kind.....

Inbet there are some worried wives at the new place she work lol.

Well, the real-estate industry's been taking a mighty pounding of late, so I guess the wives of those whose commissions aren't rolling in might have cause to worry

Good point. I would also hasten to add that it is unlikely the story would have made it past the newspaper’s legal counsel unless it was confirmed by a credible source such as the QPS. This case is too high profile - repeating hearsay or information not from a confirmed and credible source, could be (and has been in the past) a costly mistake for a newspaper.

I don't agree, I think it's a perfect article, great publicity and shame much owing to the man who is walking around "getting back to normal" after getting rid of his beautiful LOYAL and LOVING wife!!!

I find the article very distasteful to say the least - muck media - especially since no one has been charged... you don't know, no more than I do that he did get rid of his beautiful loyal and loving wife... he may be guilty but on the other hand - he may not be. Time will tell.

Yes, agree - the article in the paper was nothing 'new'. Everyone in the 'know' has known about the affair for some time. ABC seemed to be a very astute person so deep down she would have known her marriage was in trouble. Honestly if this was leaked by the QPF then they don't have much evidence for the charge against GBC. It is just hype to keep the case more talked about and in the media. They are not dealing with the everyday Joe here - I don't foresee an arrest in the immediate future myself with this article. Having an affair is not a crime... maybe wrong... but not a crime. There are lots of marriages out in the world like this one. Maybe this article in the paper today is to make the 'person' who actually did it think the 'heat' is on GBC and off them. Who knows... lets hope the QPF have something on whoever did it - but if they did then an arrest would have been made. It may take a year before an arrest is made via gathering the evidence but if they are waiting and watching for 'slip ups' by the person - then they may be in for a long wait - they are not dealing with someone stupid. We may think GBC or the girlfriend are but they had enough sense to lawyer up and will stay lawyered up. Personally speaking, I would have lawyered up as well if I was in that situation... after all, we have no worries about calling in a qualified person for anything else in our lives therefore a lawyer sounds sense to me. Did GBC do it - IMO I don't honestly know - if the evidence all points to him as we all feel it does - then he would have been arrested by know. I feel he knows who did it - or knows more than he is letting on - but I think there is someone else the police are looking at - therefore while the heat and media stays on GBC - they are working behind the scenes on catching the person who maybe feels that he or she got away with it.

I just don't think the police would release this info to the media if GBC & TM weren't the main players and they had something substantial on them. Otherwise what would be the point? Just to out a couple having an affair and then for nothing to happen? Causing more outrage from the community against people who aren't guilty of anything other than an affair? I don't belive police release false information in the way you describe. They either release nothing, or they release small amounts of true information and they are very strategic about it. I just dont think police go in for character assassination for the sake of it, and they dont release information that is going to eventually fall flat when nothing else follows.

I think we will have arrests in the next few weeks or so. I agree with those who have said the QPS are drip feeding the media with exactly what they want to be released to create the desired effect on the perpetrators. All designed to force a possible confession from someone who can't take the pressure any more, and either dobs in someone else and does a deal, or confesses themselves to try to do a deal because they believe things are going to be worse for themselves if they don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214