Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The case of Kim Corrigan had the police talk to her father about their suspicions that her husband Brian had murdered her. Asked him to keep quiet and pretend that he wasn't a suspect.

""Kim's father Jim Taber, I took him into my confidence very early in the investigation to let him know that Corrigan was our target.

"He had to sit through the funeral of his daughter and future grandchild with him by his side and not be able to say anything. It takes a special type of person to do that.""

http://www.illawarramercury.com.au/news/local/news/general/corrigan-should-die-in-jail-exdetective/1379089.aspx

So you are thinking that this is what ABC's mum and dad are doing?

Maybe he has told the police informally. Also, would people really listen to him if he came out at this point and defended himself publicly. I actually don't think so. It would just add more fuel for gossip or for him to be mocked. Some people really don't like playing those games. It takes great self control not to respond back but believe it or not some people do choose to act that way. Put a shield around yourself, let the arrows come.....eventually they will stop and maybe expose them self. Keeping quiet can prevent a lot of necessary ugliness though it may be painful to cop the arrows at the time. I am definitely not proclaiming his innocence. I am just presenting other ways that people think. If he is guilty he will be found out, but until then we need to be fair.

I am sorry but someone with "great self control" does not have extra martial affairs! imo

So you are thinking that this is what ABC's mum and dad are doing?
If the police thought they were capable of doing it without putting the case in jeopardy, then yeah I think they would. However the more I'm learning about the circumstances surrounding this case the more I don't understand.

I am in your camp on this one honey. Speaking about camps......I read she left her camp/marriage/husband but the 'woggle swinger' never did leave Allison.

...brought on a lot angst for her so she whacked on the pressure cooker, slow and steady and shezam......something blew the whole damn lid off, leaving Allison dead.

Can you please give a link to where you read she left "her camp/marriage/husband"?

Thanks.

If the police thought they were capable of doing it without putting the case in jeopardy, then yeah I think they would. However the more I'm learning about the circumstances surrounding this case the more I don't understand.

Me too!

The case of Kim Corrigan had the police talk to her father about their suspicions that her husband Brian had murdered her. Asked him to keep quiet and pretend that he wasn't a suspect.

""Kim's father Jim Taber, I took him into my confidence very early in the investigation to let him know that Corrigan was our target.

"He had to sit through the funeral of his daughter and future grandchild with him by his side and not be able to say anything. It takes a special type of person to do that.""

http://www.illawarramercury.com.au/news/local/news/general/corrigan-should-die-in-jail-exdetective/1379089.aspx

I remember that case Ally and it was the first thing that came to my mind when I started reading into this case. If this is the situation it must be pure agony for the Dickies trying to maintain their emotions.

Mountainhigh: "hurry paradox"

I love it when you take the piz mounty....

This case could be simple, clear cut, or it could be complicated, messy, motivated by money, motivated by lust, motivated by nothing other than pure bl**&y evil, maybe the mistress is involved, maybe not....who knows??
My little one is off the hospital for tests tomorrow and so I will say farewell.:seeya:
I have enjoyed reading everyone's different take on this case and have been moved by many posters experiences. A very interesting forum indeed. I hope you all continue to sleuth away and share ideas, question ideas and debate ideas and maybe peel away some layers to this incredible case that has drawn so many of us together. Life is precious, family are precious, tomorrow is never a given...be happy and don't sweat the negativity that comes your way...RIP Allison x

I think Allison's family & friends would be without a doubt the special type referred to in that case.

Mrs Baden-Clay's best friend, Kerry-Anne Walker, gave a tearful reflection saying Allison "was love" and showed it every day to her husband and three daughters. She said the anger at Allison's murder must be put aside.

"Whatever evil took Allison away from us that fateful day, we must not waste our strength or anger on hate," she said.

"We acknowledge that it is impossible not to undo the pain it has caused us, or to make sense of it.

"But we must rather use this strength to live and love one another each day. Evils must be cured by their opposites."

http://www.news.com.au/national/all...er/story-e6frfkvr-1226353550556#ixzz1vVE3MPEh

I remember that case Ally and it was the first thing that came to my mind when I started reading into this case. If this is the situation it must be pure agony for the Dickies trying to maintain their emotions.
The Corrigan's lived only about 30 mins South of where I grew up. It was as prominent a case down there as this is up here. He was a philanderer who decided that he didn't want to be married, didn't want their child that she was carrying, etc. His whole life was a web of lies, and it all came crashing down around him. I agree. There are definitely a lot of similarities in this case :)

Im sure we will be told what we did any minute now.

But back to being christian. I don't think God would be passing any sort of judgement on the Dickies atm

Too much emphasis I suspect on personal DV cases*not related to the case; it has been a bit over the top and I'm just as guilty for relating the story of my parents.

Hi everyone,

This is my first post here. Nice to meet you all. I've been following the Baden Clay case on here since day one. I live at Riverhills (a few suburbs away), and we don't get too many murders in this neck of the woods. That and the prominence of this case in the media up here are the main reasons I've become a regular reader, and have now decided to contribute the odd post or two.

Just so you all know, I'm also the kind of person who only likes to stick to the facts (or reasonably sourced "gossip") as much as possible. I've been pleased to see that most of the "speculation" about this case on these forums has in fact turned out to be accurate. I'd like to contribute what little I can. Finally, just so you know, I do not know anyone at all connected to this case.

So...I thought I might start by just summarising the facts (as I understand them) and my thoughts about what likely happened to Allison. If anyone wants to compliment or criticize my theories, you're more than welcome to do so.

Okay, here we go...

1. WHO DID IT?

Murderer: GBC
Accomplice/s: either one or both of NBC or TM

2. EVIDENCE / RUMOURS?

2.1. Against GBC.

- Woeful "performance" before the media (i.e. no concern shown for his wife, no suggestion/hope that she might still be alive, avoids answering most of the questions put to him).

- Highly suspicious car crash at Indooroopilly Bus Station. I've driven past there a thousand times before, and to crash where he did you either have to have a wheel fall off, or crash deliberately.

- THAT beard...

- Not showing up at the command centre while the search was ongoing.

3. WHY?

Two likely possibilities:

i) A domestic assault which GBC took too far (i.e. not pre-planned). GBC's subsequent terrible performance/s before the media and his little "accident" at the Indooroopilly bus station do make it seem like he did not plan to kill his wife.

ii) The more sinister possibility - her murder was pre-planned. Obviously his Real Estate business was in BIG trouble, and they were forced (presumably) to rent their current house, and he had to sell his new Lexus. ABC is said to have had a very generous life insurance policy. Also, the fact that GBC was apparently trying to "integrate" TM into the role of wife/mother may suggest that he was trying to "replace" Allison with her.

4. POSSIBLE ACCOMPLICE/S TO GBC.

4.1. NBC.

GBC calls him in a state of panic. ABC is lying dead or unconscious on the floor and he doesn’t know what to do. NBC drives over, possibly suspecting the worst, possibly not. Either way, they soon both realise they are left with a dead body of a woman neither of them seem to like any more, and can either dispose of it, or call the police/ambulance. They decide to do the former (otherwise the “family name will be ruined forever”).

Later that night, a white 4WD and a smaller blue car are seen driving back towards Brookfield from Kholo Creek.

Later that night, a member of the public reports seeing an old man sitting at the bus stop facing the roundabout outside Kenmore Village. His behaviour gives her/him the impression that he is trying to hide something. This incident is reported to police the following day.

*However...what colour car does NBC drive? At this stage, no one appears to know for sure.

4.2. TM.

GBC calls her in a state of panic. ABC is lying dead or unconscious on the floor and he doesn’t know what to do. TM drives over in her (blue?) car and they decide what to do next.

Later that night, a white 4WD and a smaller blue car are seen driving back towards Brookfield from Kholo Creek.

*However...what colour car does TM drive? At this stage, no one appears to know for sure, although earlier on the BLUE car that GBC crashed at Indooroopilly Police Station was rumoured to belong to TM.

5. FURTHER, UNCOMFIRMED RUMOURS.

The following information can only be classified as a rumour at this stage (i.e. from a “friend of a friend”). However, I do believe that the person I heard it from was a reasonably trustworthy source:

-----
According to this person, when the police first arrived at GBC’s house on 20 April at (about) 7:30am, they found NBC in the garage, vacuuming out ABC’s car.
----

Now, that sounds quite incriminating. However, if NBC reported his wife missing that morning, surely the LAST thing he would want is for his Father to be caught vacuuming out his wife’s car when the arrived, right?

Well, another rumour I recall hearing/reading about early on in the investigation is that GBC was not actually the person who called the police that morning. Instead, one of the neighbours did - telling them about the “loud shouting/fighting” they heard from the residence the night before, and that it might be worth checking in to see if everything is okay. Consequently, when the police did arrive that morning, GBC and NBC were caught completely off-guard. When asked if everything is okay, NBC only THEN reports to the police that his wife has been “missing” for several hours.

Welcome and thanks for the insights.

Can you please give a link to where you read she left "her camp/marriage/husband"?

Thanks.

I think you'll find the poster was merely taking a sarcastic view of the situation and using a camping analogy... there is no camp per se.

There has been a lot of speculation in the past 500 pages of posts about the marriage of GBC and ABC. Much of it polarises GBC as the philanderer and ABC as the saintly martyr. I think the reality is probably not quite so black and white. The impresssion I get is of a marriage that had failed some time ago and as is often the case a mum/dad/home was maintained for the children. Then the individual personalities take their own path. GBC occupied with business and the emotional crutch of some other women. ABC occupied with being a mother and pursuing her interest in psychology. The arguments about "Where were you, who was there?" probably stopped months or years ago. GBC's business world was collapsing for economic reasons and exacerbated because he had lost focus. None of this adds up to a motive for murder.

The trust fund for the children and heavily promoted by the media I think is a good idea because they are the victims of this crime and it is patently obvious that there is no money in the ABC/GBC/NBC/EBC family. I suspect promotion of the trust fund by the media was timed to take advantage of the public sympathy for the children.
The reality is she is dead ....... Murdered. I have only contempt for him. Why should we have to be told by people it's not all black and white. It damn well is IMO

oooooo I could do it for my daughter.......it's called 'best for the big picture'

I would walk to Antarctica barefoot to catch a murderer of my daughter, or any family member of mine in fact.....kin is blood ......if someone took them from me I would channel it that way instead of revenge....peace and pace and plot.....my 3 Ps for vindication is better IMO.

PEACE
PACE
PLOT

:rocker:

Yay.....I thought that very early on. This guy is a sociopath. No guilt???

We have to be careful when labeling someone with a personality disorder like sociopathic or narcissistic or anything else. I am sure that there will be time for such labels and diagnosis when the offender is put in:jail: and forensic psychologists etc. assess him. Until then....be careful.

When I was at UQ (at the same time Allison was there, though I don't know her) as part of my course we had many subjects involving psychology/ psychiatry/ mental health and we learned a lot about various disorders, personality's etc.. As students we were always struck by how many people we knew or even ourselves personally that exhibited aspects of certain personality's/ syndromes/ disorders etc. We would laugh because of this also realizing that these people probably didn't have the particular diagnosis that we were studying. This helped us understand that we have to be careful with this material. The diagnosis of a particular mental health problem/ personality disorder or other issue of this nature is very specific and takes time and the skill of highly trained professionals who have specific diagnostic criteria to work with. We can't make these assumptions based on a few video snippets of GBC, and bits of local gossip.... especially when most of us aren't psychologists or psychiatrists.

By the way I am not a psychologist or a psychiatrist but I am an Allied Health Professional. I also don't live in Qld anymore and don't know anyone involved with this case.

The reality is she is dead ....... Murdered. I have only contempt for him. Why should we have to be told by people it's not all black and white. It damn well is IMO

Maybe it seems black and white to you, and that's fine. But others also have the right to see it different and have a different opinion.

Mountainhigh: "hurry paradox"

I love it when you take the piz mounty....

This case could be simple, clear cut, or it could be complicated, messy, motivated by money, motivated by lust, motivated by nothing other than pure bl**&y evil, maybe the mistress is involved, maybe not....who knows??
My little one is off the hospital for tests tomorrow and so I will say farewell.:seeya:
I have enjoyed reading everyone's different take on this case and have been moved by many posters experiences. A very interesting forum indeed. I hope you all continue to sleuth away and share ideas, question ideas and debate ideas and maybe peel away some layers to this incredible case that has drawn so many of us together. Life is precious, family are precious, tomorrow is never a given...be happy and don't sweat the negativity that comes your way...RIP Allison x

Hope your little one is ok! come back soon!

IMO I think the children were at home Thursday night and GBC's sister took them to school Friday morning.

Thats a big call and opens a whole other can of worms........which brings me back to my own unanswered question about when she came down from Brownsville.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties