Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In NSW it is also asset tested and you need to be recieving Centrelink Benefits...Is it the same in QLD?

I am concerned that if he is innocent he can claim Victims Comp.....That will be a crime considering his infidelity(s)......

In Qld same - means tested - and he may not be eligble as may own property - plus his barristers may not take legal aid cases ... so not likely.

is this aussie criminals? I think there is a bit of back and forth between the sites. sometimes they will post info slightly different than what someone just posted 10 minutes earlier here!!

yes it is. There seems to be someone close to the family there
I know , I know it could be anyone saying things but some things being said
seem to me only those close would know IMO

Re: The Dickies being in company or near GBC at the Brookfield Show.

Has anyone stopped to think that maybe the police have told the Dickies to just act normal so GBC will have doubts he's the prime suspect to them, which will keep him somewhat loose and more likely to screw up?

If it were my daughter and the polic said that to me, I'd happily accompany him to the MOOOON if it meant getting evidence that's going to put him away and get justice. It's not uncommon in the USA for police to make allies out of people to put criminals away. Wonder if that's the case?

Since the Dickies were given free passes, could it be that they took the girls to the show on Sunday, then ran into him and his family, the girls (naturally) go to their table to hug Dad, etc. and the Dickies are somewhat forced to join in for a little while? I don't think the police would tell the Dickies at this stage anything about who the suspect is.

I agree about Gerard and your view on the sanctity of marriage....But NAH, about the other persons role and responsibility in an affair. If you go to work in an office (Century 21) and you are aware that the principal is married, you even see the wife, then it is your responsibility to not play with his WOGGLE. As adults we have an obligation to NOT, go playing with people who wear the ring, or who we are aware ARE MARRIED.....We as adults, must respect that there are two people who made that commitment to each other, and that we were not part of that commitment, but must help others to remain true to that vow.....Thats how society rolls to me.....and some dont feel they need to adhere to that sadly.

A Woggle - gawd Willough you could start your own Aussie vernacular dialect for Brizbane - your crazy nouns have me in stitches here!

BTW I couldn't agree more- roll the right way -use your moral compass and don't sleep with someone who is married - even if the man is pursuing you like nothing on earth! That way you don't wake up one morning - after he's told you countless times he's leaving his wife and loves you only not his wife but his wife has no intention of leaving the marriage and realise you have made a grave mistake that you can't take back! Sorry but you cannot claim to be devastated.

I think - one article GBC mentioned was that his daughters often came to the office for morning meetings and were assistants to him and the staff (blog for C21 I think) so obviously TM would know about Allison and the family. It is a damn sure bet that GBC would have done anything to sway Tm into a relationship - he preyed on women who had done it hard.

I agree with this. In my experience of growing up in a DV household, there are bruises, cracked teeth, and stitches required when DV happens; and people need to go to the doctor. You can't hide it. Everybody knows about it.

The police turned up all the time and all the neighbours knew everything that happened. And also in my experience my mother gave as bad as she got. My father got arrested all the time, but as a young kid I knew that sometimes my mother should have been the one to be arrested. Oddly enough their marriage lasted. They were both in their 80s when they passed away, and were still together, and still arguing and fighting into their 80s. Not saying this is good (in fact it was totally *advertiser censored***; just saying I don't think you can hide DV, unless it's DV that is more of a psychologically thing; i.e. putting your partner down all the time to make yourself feel better.

I'm sorry you had to grow up like that .

In my case my Dad was a business man who was handsome and charming in public. When he beat us it was around the head and torso never left a mark people would see. No one rang the Police.

One would think if he beat her all the time - then I really cannot see her parents sitting socializing with him at the show as it has been stated here. Her parents would have known their daughter was not happy in this marriage and surely over time they would know she was being beaten. Most parents would have stepped in - at least I would - I would tell my daughter to leave and come on home with the children. I am not too sure if this info is correct for if it was then GBC would have been arrested by now as all the forensics tests would be back and that would tell them if she was beaten.

not all women tell their parents what is going on, they know once they say something, they have to act on it, so they play it down, and defend their husbands most of the time, I know this to be a FACT for many women, Im not saying if Allison was abused (as so many people believe), that she fell into this category of women, Im just saying that this is a common behaviour for a woman who doesnt leave

as for GBC being arrested for assaulting his wife....I don't think the police would be aiming for an assault charge. And I have no idea if he knocked her around on the night she died.

In Qld same - means tested - and he may not be eligble as may own property - plus his barristers may not take legal aid cases ... so not likely.

I'd be surprised if he has much money. Reports mentioned that since the floods his business has been in trouble, and that his partners left towards the end of last year. With no sales on the books now, he has no income.
No income - no loan repayments - no properties.

I really think he's near the bottom, and that if his chosen Barrister doesn't do Legal Aid work, then he might have to use one who does.

This is of course only if he is guilty (not proven yet)

I'm sorry you had to grow up like that .

In my case my Dad was a business man who was handsome and charming in public. When he beat us it was around the head and torso never left a mark people would see. No one rang the Police.

Maxymoo, in my experience it more common that other people don't know about it.
Some people would be very surprised who is violent behind closed doors, wouldn't they?

Re the accident at Indro, I think it was probably a lack of concentration. He would have a lot on his mind, driving a car he is not used to, lack of sleep, worry.

What I would like to know is why was he going to the police station in the first place?

Maybe he saw a ghost! :floorlaugh:

The problem, IMO, is you can't change: 1. personality disorders, 2. sever alcoholism, and 3. society's indoctrinated believe that men are somehow superior and the "head of the family", hence their spouses are their property to do as the want.

IMO it would be easier to educate women to learn to pick up early on the signs and provide support to leave a DV situation.

Yes support is key - legislation, policing, support, legal support, housing -
Men choose to behaviour in a certain way , and alchohol is not always or personality defects involved , definately a product of societities where women are opressed ... but not all men choose to control or act violently [or have affairs] so we can expect men to change .

Why would the kids have to have been at a sleepover even if Allison went to the hairdresser and had an early start? Surely GBC could have handled it or was he never around to do that. Just now has struck me as odd! It was a weekday. I think I fell into he trap thinking sure at haiirdresser, early start for mum; ok for kids to be somewhere else. But really when the father is here why would you??

Rational - given the tentative state of ABC and GBC's relationship - if GBC was hanging out at his parents house more and more and ABC was needing some space to get her hair done and even perhaps to get ready for the Friday conference then maybe they didn't really consider the kids sleeping at NIGELAINE's a 'week' day sleepover because they were with their dad anyway and had all the proper provisions for the kids at the grandparents house. It could have been a shared setup just as when parents have kids different nites of the week - maybe this didn't occur that frequently tho.

Yes support is key - legislation, policing, support, legal support, housing -
Men choose to behaviour in a certain way , and alchohol is not always or personality defects involved , definately a product of societities where women are opressed ... but not all men choose to control or act violently [or have affairs] so we can expect men to change .

I think that we (as in society) have a big role to play too in educating boys/men etc

Yay.....I thought that very early on. This guy is a sociopath. No guilt???

PS I think I may be in love with you xx

Hahaha! Maxymoo, you crack me up!
May have a fight on your hands!
Willough and I have already been won over : )

A Woggle - gawd Willough you could start your own Aussie vernacular dialect for Brizbane - your crazy nouns have me in stitches here! .

A woggle is something scouts use to fasten their ties, not a new word.

Rational - given the tentative state of ABC and GBC's relationship - if GBC was hanging out at his parents house more and more and ABC was needing some space to get her hair done and even perhaps to get ready for the Friday conference then maybe they didn't really consider the kids sleeping at NIGELAINE's a 'week' day sleepover because they were with their dad anyway and had all the proper provisions for the kids at the grandparents house. It could have been a shared setup just as when parents have kids different nites of the week - maybe this didn't occur that frequently tho.

But they were both at home, he saw her 'watching he footy show' or 'saying goodnight before she went for a walk'!

I agree about Gerard and your view on the sanctity of marriage....But NAH, about the other persons role and responsibility in an affair. If you go to work in an office (Century 21) and you are aware that the principal is married, you even see the wife, then it is your responsibility to not play with his WOGGLE. As adults we have an obligation to NOT, go playing with people who wear the ring, or who we are aware ARE MARRIED.....We as adults, must respect that there are two people who made that commitment to each other, and that we were not part of that commitment, but must help others to remain true to that vow.....Thats how society rolls to me.....and some dont feel they need to adhere to that sadly.

I am in your camp on this one honey. Speaking about camps......I read she left her camp/marriage/husband but the 'woggle swinger' never did leave Allison.

...brought on a lot angst for her so she whacked on the pressure cooker, slow and steady and shezam......something blew the whole damn lid off, leaving Allison dead.

Why would the kids have to have been at a sleepover even if Allison went to the hairdresser and had an early start? Surely GBC could have handled it or was he never around to do that. Just now has struck me as odd! It was a weekday. I think I fell into he trap thinking sure at haiirdresser, early start for mum; ok for kids to be somewhere else. But really when the father is here why would you??
I've always had a problem with this too, specially as they were going to be having one on Friday night too.
Would have thought it easier for GBC to just get them off to school Friday morning, it's not like a Real estate agent has to be in his office at 8am.
Sometimes I wonder if it was just slack reporting or friend was misquoted, but I've asked several times and it seems to be official that it was Thursday and Friday night. It would be so easy to get wrong night if you took it from whether GBC last saw Alison Thursday or Fri.

Toni has family there is possibly another reason this had hit national tv?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gretyr