Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't quite grasp why people seem to think that Baden Clay engaging a criminal lawyer is a sign he must be guilty.

If I had been in his position even if I was as clean as the driven snow I would have hired the best legal advice I could.

Lets be honest from the moment detectives arrived on the scene on the very first day Mrs Baden Clay was reported missing the line of questioning would have been intimidating and he would have been left in little doubt that he was a suspect in a possible murder investigation.You go to gaol for a long time for murder, and innocent people have been convicted of it.

If that is the case, why did the police swing so many resources into action at the time she was reported missing and search the house and indicate there was possible foul play? People in Australia go missing every day. Upon visiting GBC they made a very swift decision to mobilise their people.

Reading this makes me wonder if he is following this forum, if he is I challenge him to use the word sock in his next article :)

I must agree a lot of what we are saying in his words...if i see him at the shops i'll ask him LOL

:fence:

CaseClosed, anyone who said she was working for C21 in any capacity that is relevant. One post says she was working there up to the week before her death. I'm sorry but this is very relevant and this info needs to be backed up and linked. Particularly because someone put up a link last night stating she had given her career away to raise her girls. It is quite possible it's true that she was working because her pic was on the C21 Web site, BUT it was way at the bottom of the page with nothing but a picture and a name. Which would probably satisfy the couple of clients who liked her and wanted their house listed with her, that she actually worked there.

I want to know what is meant by "She was still working there up to the week before she died"? Because being on call to show a couple of houses in the off chance they meet a buyers requirement after an appointment is set up via mobile phone, is a far cry from sitting in the office every day in the company of Gerard. Just want more specifics because anyone that is reading some of these posts will believe she worked in there full time up until a week before she died. People have linked to the contrary and really if these statements are not backed up it's a waste of researchers time.

When someone interjects in such a strong way (with GRRRR and everything) in a "conversation" being held by 2-3 posters about a particular issue (which may have been discussed for several pages beforehand), it comes across as very patronising to the ones then reading this interjection. I take the time to read all the posts and threads, so I sometimes recall reading certain things which will provide the answer to the person I am holding the "conversation" with. In some cases (like this one with Allison being back at work at C21) there is no link because it was info provided by another poster, who I chose to believe as being reliable, as it appeared he/she new the movements of people at C21. It could all be a lie, but I chose to believe it. Hence I cannot support my comment with a link.

I was told that she was attending a property management course/conference on the Wednesday, and that the organizers have already been interviewed by the police.

IMO this may have been why she did not attend the school meeting on the 18th.

Whether it was this same conference/course that continued until Friday, or whether it was a different one (pathways) is still unclear. If in fact, she was attending two workshops on totally unrelated subjects in the same week, it shows that she was the dynamic go getter that she has been portrayed to be.

I do remember that somewhere in thread 1 or 2 (Please please :please: dont ask me to go back and check!!!) someone else had also mentioned about this Property Management course!

The above info may tie in with other posters comments that she was still managing properties/working the week she disappeared.

What is confusing though is, why she may have given up some of the properties she was managing....

Hopefully all will be revealed in good time...the wait and lack of further information is truly frustrating....... but hopefully it will be worthwhile!!

You can still be lovely and spend beyond your means and have a bit of a drinking or gambling prob. None of us know what she was like to live with, but no doubt she was loved by many people. People need to stop referring to her wedding photo as this is not who she is, but who she once was. I agree with the person who said they had trouble picking her in the C21 photos. She was a 43 year old mother with all the daily grinds, probably financial troubles and most certainly marital troubles. Doesn't make her a bad person. A person living in a bad marriage, or situation they don't want to be in can change though, and become bitter.

No doubt she loved her girls and in my opinion the person who vowed to grow old with her made a mockery of a marriage she probably treasured so much. Could she become a nagging moody housewife? I have no doubt. Add to that if she were pre-menopause?
(I speak from experience).

Did she deserved to be thrown over a bridge? NO she didn't.

Just thinkin!

I agree with you 100%. I do believe that Allison was a beautiful mother, devoted family member and loving, loyal friend ............ but I would not be surprised that she was also very moody. Who wouldn't be in her situation - having a husband that is sleeping around with 'who knows?', whilst she runs around being that beautiful mother, worker, housewife ......... she would have been totally pissed off. BUT........ I agree, she did not deserve to be thrown off a bridge!

I have also been thinking (at length) about the scratches on GBC's face, arms, wrist, chest - the scratches that were allegedly there BEFORE Thursday evening. If there was domestic violence in their relationship, I wonder if she gave back, as good as she got?

Furthermore, I wonder if Allison was 'giving back' real well on that Thursday night, and it 'pushed his buttons' just a bit too much, and he hit her back or strangled her ......... this time, a bit too hard, or for a bit too long. Still no excuse ........ but I can see this happening.

Most relationships have their ups and downs .......... this one, obviously had many more downs towards the end. It's such a shame that it had to end this way. Lastly, I wonder if 'someone' would take back time if they could?

I can't quite grasp why people seem to think that Baden Clay engaging a criminal lawyer is a sign he must be guilty.

If I had been in his position even if I was as clean as the driven snow I would have hired the best legal advice I could.

Lets be honest from the moment detectives arrived on the scene on the very first day Mrs Baden Clay was reported missing the line of questioning would have been intimidating and he would have been left in little doubt that he was a suspect in a possible murder investigation.You go to gaol for a long time for murder, and innocent people have been convicted of it.

I dont think that employing a lawyer is a sign of guilt, I think it was smart of him to do so.

I do think that not doing everything in your power to help find your missing wife will sure as hell make you look sus. If he has good legal representation then use it, go in and make a statement with your lawyer present obviously.

I think the thing that puts the biggest shadow in the case is Gerard did not appear to be doing everything he possibly could while it was presumed his wife was still alive to help with her returning home... hmmm wonder why that was.

I don't agree that private schooling is necessarily a luxury. Many people chose it at great sacrifice to the parent's just due to it having better discipline, etc. (but that's another topic altogether). But, aside from that, I don't think the donations will amount to much. I would estimate that most people in Brisbane will not donate, let alone the rest of Australia. The donations will also taper off as time goes by.
there are THREE children involved in this case - all under 10. A huge amount of money will be required for their ongoing therapy, schooling (private or not) even just basic living expenses. Their mother has been murdered and their father is chief suspect - how can anyone begrudge them some financial help. Flight Centre probably donated a good sum...and as people have stated before, it makes you feel as thought you are helping. Sorry if I'm stuck on this...but really!

Sorry CaseClosed...meant to reply to TRUE...my apologies!!!

:fence:

CaseClosed, anyone who said she was working for C21 in any capacity that is relevant. One post says she was working there up to the week before her death. I'm sorry but this is very relevant and this info needs to be backed up and linked. Particularly because someone put up a link last night stating she had given her career away to raise her girls. It is quite possible it's true that she was working because her pic was on the C21 Web site, BUT it was way at the bottom of the page with nothing but a picture and a name. Which would probably satisfy the couple of clients who liked her and wanted their house listed with her, that she actually worked there.

I want to know what is meant by "She was still working there up to the week before she died"? Because being on call to show a couple of houses in the off chance they meet a buyers requirement after an appointment is set up via mobile phone, is a far cry from sitting in the office every day in the company of Gerard. Just want more specifics because anyone that is reading some of these posts will believe she worked in there full time up until a week before she died. People have linked to the contrary and really if these statements are not backed up it's a waste of researchers time.

Maybe the members who posted this information will re-post it. I wrote the same thing as Caseclosed did, referring to another member posting that she had been working there.
I thought we were allowed to confirm that another member had posted something, when someone asks "I thought I read on here a couple of days ago..."
IMO, as the youngest child is 5, she may well have been edging back into work. Considering the eldest childs age, it could still be classed as not working. Also, I was thinking 'giving up her career" could just mean that she is no longer following the path that she was before her children came along.

I was told that she was attending a property management course/conference on the Wednesday, and that the organizers have already been interviewed by the police.

Whether it was this same conference/course that continued until Friday, or whether it was a different one (pathways) is still unclear. If in fact, she was attending two workshops on totally unrelated subjects in the same week, it shows that she was the dynamic go getter that she has been portrayed to be.

I do remember that somewhere in thread 1 or 2 (Please please :please: dont ask me to go back and check!!!) someone else had also mentioned about this Property Management course!

The above info may tie in with other posters comments that she was still managing properties/working the week she disappeared.

What is confusing though is, why she may have given up some of the properties she was managing....

Hopefully all will be revealed in good time...the wait and lack of further information is truly frustrating....... but hopefully it will be worthwhile!!

Maybe she was moving from property management (rental inspections, leasing, chasing rent) to selling? Or maybe just bringing the latest info back to the business. Maybe she was moving to job share or leaving C21 to pursue another career. I'm wondering of she needed to get an "outside" job to bring in more money, perhaps she wasn't getting "paid" at C21.... Lots of maybes

Just got online and noticed something interesting in one of my realestate alerts. One of the old agents from Century21 is now working for Place Realestate in Bulimba and has just listed a property in Brookfield - a suburb 45mins drive away from his new office.

As for the media being gagged - I spoke to a friend who is very high up with regards to Brisbane media. This person said that there has been absolutely no gag order issued by the police.

I remember there was a conference with REIQ on that same day too. If you googled conferences in brisbane, you got both of them, and a couple of guest speakers for the REIQ conference came up too in the google search. I personally thought that because she was listed as a partner for Pathways, in connection with the comment that certain c21 tenants had been informed that previous week that ABC would no longer be managing their properties, that she was going to the pathways conference.

HOWEVER, It now seems to me that timing here might be very important. Imagine Allisons surprise if, for example, she was all ready and prepared for her property management conference on Friday 20th April, even had her hair done, to be told on thursday 19th April, that , LO AND BEHOLD, sorry luv, Ive given your properties AWAY.....in fact Ive given them to another agency, you might even know the realtor, her name is TONI MCHUGH!

IMO, something like that could easily have gone down that night, the timing of the release of property management rights, the conference the day after she was possibly murdered, the unknown "NEW PROPERTY MANAGER"...Im feeling a little bit of 'THE GAMES AFOOT WATSON"!!!!!! anyone else think this could be a possibility?

Willough - there was a poster who indicated that both parents were attending regular Wednesday meetings at the school about the situation at home (not helping in class). Is this true? I don't know.

There may have been meetings....But i doubt it....School is not a "home counsel", like a place for psychology lesson.....Especially in a state school.

At another time, someone came in and discussed that he was in the class room last week, doing "class help"...It was discussed that him and Allison came in every week, together to help out. (I do this in my sons class...teachers often get parents helping up until end of grade 2) The Wednesday before though, Allison was absent.

I know the discussion was definitely about class help....because some people were mortified that GBC was allowed in the class room last week....and were darn shocked that during this investigation, the school would allow him in the classroom, with other peoples children.

As for the media being gagged - I spoke to a friend who is very high up with regards to Brisbane media. This person said that there has been absolutely no gag order issued by the police.

So many different versions, that is totally different from what Reginald 1(I thinks post this morning)

and btw, got the cob loaf in the oven, dips done, bruschetta too! kids bathed and just bumming around having a wine so HAD to get back on for a looksee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member