Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
maybe the family are snobby, may you would have done things differently and not released photos ... we are all different .. but what is your point

I did say they should do whatever they feel they need to do to cope.

It is just my opinion and I'm thinking maybe the Dickies also have eccentricities, the Baden Clays seem to be getting run into the ground, being called weirdos and such, however there are two sides to every story, sorry no 3, one side, the other side, and the TRUTH. Maybe a wedge between the two sides of the family pushed someone over the edge.

I was a real estate agent for a brief and painful period of my life and I would never refer to any Real Estate as a "Professional" per se - to me a Professional is one who's studied long and hard at uni, got a degree and has a career that pertains to that degree.

To my mind, a real estate agent is simply a "white collar salesman", nothing less, nothing more. They can behave professionally, sure, but they're not entitled to call themselves Professionals in the true sense of the word.

Of course, many true "Professionals" have murdered their spouses, but the person who took ABC from her babies was NOT a professional in any shape or form.

OK. I stand corrected, maybe I used a wrong word... whatever he was/is/will be he was still attending alot of dumb functions and getting lots of pretty photos taken, which was my point... the fact that there would be soooo many photos out there for public viewing. My use of the term 'proffessional' isn't really that relevant to my point, is it?

One of the worst things you can do for your children imo, based on my own experience, is send them to an expensive private school if you're considered even a relatively lower socio-economic family (read wannabes) that is not riddled with professionals i.e. one of the first questions I got asked back in the good 'ol days when I walked in the front gate was, "And WHAT does your father do?" When I said he headed up a section in a Govt. Dept. they promply all walked away wispering & giggling and I was henceforth never reallyy accepted by the Doctors', Lawyers', Surgeons', Polititians' kidlets on the grounds I wasn't "Establishment material" (a different State, Qld doesn't have the "Establishment mentality" - not that I wanted to be part of their clique!

Totally irrelevant to this blog about Seeking the evidence and truth behind a murder. No wonder everyone has got the shi@s posting here....tonight has been football, social chatter and finger pointing....I use to enjoy coming here and reading intelligent sleuthing... But football? I'm sidelining until something happens...

http://www.overclockers.com.au/wiki/Defamation

After reading that very accurate & well written summation on defamation that even a 14yo could understand, and their suggestion of reporting any potential defamatory posts, can you imagine the cleansing result such an exercise would have on the ABC threads, lordy, there'd be so few posts remaining it'd probably all fit back into #1.

At least her daughter's and loved ones' eyes and hearts would be a little more protected in years to come if that were the case. I know I would be seeking legal counsel right now if I was any one of the non-POI females that have been bandied about here as possibly being involved!

I do know of one company in Queensland who sued a member for defamation about 10 years ago. (overclockers.com.au forum)
And a quick google gives you some info that came about from it.
However, this forum, Webseuths, is not hosted in Australia like overlockers is and thus comes under American duristriction. Not sure how what we say here applies.

So what is defamation and what about free speech?

These forums are hosted in Australia and there is no "right of freedom of speech" in Australia (except in relation to political speech: ie. comments about politicians and political parties). So forget everything you've seen on American legal dramas on TV - it just doesn't apply in Australia.

I really have nothing much more to say about this case purely because we have no new information. I feel stumped....

‘Westonian Institute’ thank you for your post and stating what many others have been feeling. Like most I come here looking for new information to help make sense of this terrible murder however I have been watching with mixed feelings of anger, frustration and disgust in addition to enjoying some of the lighter moments of you guys making fun of some of the outrageous ideas that have been suggested.

I am concerned that many innocent people are not being treated with respect and have become fair game for having anything to do with C21 or the BC’s. Heaven help anybody who was caught on camera anywhere near the main ‘characters’. People’s reputations and livelihoods are at stake here – a lot of locals read this and talk to friends.
Thankfully I am not the only person to feel this way judging by some recent posts. I get that you want justice for Allison but seriously I think she would be horrified at what has been going on here.

For the record I am open minded as to who has committed this dreadful crime although like everyone else I agree all points back to GBC being involved at some level. Whatever the outcome my fear is that someone I know and have spent time with has actually killed Allison – whether by accident or intent. And NO I am not one of G’s alleged women. The murder in itself is bad enough but the cover up and manner in which she was disposed of make it so much harder to deal with – there was not a night that I did not think of her being out in the cold somewhere and especially during that rainy Friday night and Saturday just before she was found.

Current events to one side, the BC family are not monsters, they have displayed some very odd behaviour I admit and I have also judged them harshly because of that. I am thinking about whether I share my perception of them because it is far removed from the people you have created. For one example - NBC is quietly spoken, polite and a gentleman, I never heard him say a bad word about anybody – including Allison. He has the number plate Bwana because that is the name his grandchildren apparently call him, a term of respect I heard him say, and he appeared oblivious to the fact that it caused others to be offended by it. I am not defending him or the number plate because it has no meaning to me at all. If he is involved I will be shocked.

I don’t particularly like reading long posts so I will say no more here but will consider posting further when time permits if anybody is really interested in a more balanced view of some of the people concerned.

Everyone keeps referring to the screams that were heard that night - I read somewhere (probably couriermail) that teenage kids had come forward to the police days ago and informed them it was just them skylarking around at a party/gathering or something. Sorry, I can't provide a link because I read so much media every day I never know what paper I'm on.

I guess we'll have to search Courier Mail then although I've not read any confirmation by police at all re the screams.

Totally irrelevant to this blog about Seeking the evidence and truth behind a murder. No wonder everyone has got the shi@s posting here....tonight has been football, social chatter and finger pointing....I use to enjoy coming here and reading intelligent sleuthing... But football? I'm sidelining until something happens...

Yeah, and whinging too.

I was a real estate agent for a brief and painful period of my life and I would never refer to any Real Estate as a "Professional" per se - to me a Professional is one who's studied long and hard at uni, got a degree and has a career that pertains to that degree.

To my mind, a real estate agent is simply a "white collar salesman", nothing less, nothing more. They can behave professionally, sure, but they're not entitled to call themselves Professionals in the true sense of the word.

Of course, many true "Professionals" have murdered their spouses, but the person who took ABC from her babies was NOT a professional in any shape or form.

If you worked for The Professionals would you be a professional? Lol
I think anyone who has a degree is a professional.

We might all just log-out and go then ... we have re-hashed everything many times and short of any new developments, what else is there to do than a bit of banter?

After reading that very accurate & well written summation on defamation that even a 14yo could understand, and their suggestion of reporting any potential defamatory posts, can you imagine the cleansing result such an exercise would have on the ABC threads, lordy, there'd be so few posts remaining it'd probably all fit back into #1.

At least her daughter's and loved ones' eyes and hearts would be a little more protected in years to come if that were the case. I know I would be seeking legal counsel right now if I was any one of the non-POI females that have been bandied about here as possibly being involved!

mmmm certainly a reality check....

Willowwind, with all due respect it may be "totally irrelevant" unless you've read the vast plethora of posts herein discussing the virtue of ABC's girls attending a private or public school & the Dickies' apparent desire to ensure they do indeed get the finest & and most expensive private school education.

The relevancy comes from the fact that they are clearly not wealthy socialite people, nor are they Establishment/Professionals and, it may well turn out that the kids' father is convicted as the murderer of their mother - alls I'm sayin' is, from personal experience, that's all prime stuff right there for the kids to be ostrasised big time. Shrugs

I guess we'll have to search Courier Mail then although I've not read any confirmation by police at all re the screams.

May not have been the CM unfortunately, but I usually do all the online news services within Oz. I'll have a google & see what I can find too.

‘Westonian Institute’ thank you for your post and stating what many others have been feeling. Like most I come here looking for new information to help make sense of this terrible murder however I have been watching with mixed feelings of anger, frustration and disgust in addition to enjoying some of the lighter moments of you guys making fun of some of the outrageous ideas that have been suggested.

I am concerned that many innocent people are not being treated with respect and have become fair game for having anything to do with C21 or the BC’s. Heaven help anybody who was caught on camera anywhere near the main ‘characters’. People’s reputations and livelihoods are at stake here – a lot of locals read this and talk to friends.
Thankfully I am not the only person to feel this way judging by some recent posts. I get that you want justice for Allison but seriously I think she would be horrified at what has been going on here.

For the record I am open minded as to who has committed this dreadful crime although like everyone else I agree all points back to GBC being involved at some level. Whatever the outcome my fear is that someone I know and have spent time with has actually killed Allison – whether by accident or intent. And NO I am not one of G’s alleged women. The murder in itself is bad enough but the cover up and manner in which she was disposed of make it so much harder to deal with – there was not a night that I did not think of her being out in the cold somewhere and especially during that rainy Friday night and Saturday just before she was found.

Current events to one side, the BC family are not monsters, they have displayed some very odd behaviour I admit and I have also judged them harshly because of that. I am thinking about whether I share my perception of them because it is far removed from the people you have created. For one example - NBC is quietly spoken, polite and a gentleman, I never heard him say a bad word about anybody – including Allison. He has the number plate Bwana because that is the name his grandchildren apparently call him, a term of respect I heard him say, and he appeared oblivious to the fact that it caused others to be offended by it. I am not defending him or the number plate because it has no meaning to me at all. If he is involved I will be shocked.

I don’t particularly like reading long posts so I will say no more here but will consider posting further when time permits if anybody is really interested in a more balanced view of some of the people concerned.

I never looked at it like that regardng the number plate.....I never looked at such possibilites that it was a mocking way, of the kids calling him "poppy" so to speak.....I jumped on the BWANA get your torches and pitchforks wagon, purely because of what I thought it meant, without that realisation that is was meant with playfulness..

Thank you for bringing in another perspective, that is very reasonable and fair.

Hello,

I have enjoyed hearing the exchanges and input into the question of Allison's death/murder. I am just waiting for more news (from the forensics results, Police, etc.) Unfortunately its a waiting game. Not really interested in speculating about the Dickies motives for setting up the fund - it seems appropriate to me given Allison's and her parents high academic values - as well as family Tradition - and paying tribute to Allison's wishes. That will stand the girls' in good stead - given the trauma and hardship they are about to face - I think it's a sensible and very wise decision and glad they didn't waste time in making their mind's up about it. They'll have a strong community of support which I imagine should assist them greatly from the school of her mother's choice.
..As for GBD's parents "Public Pash"... in the garage, I think that was (just my opinion), to demonstrate "to the world" that "we're a very loving family" . . . Hmnnn. No further comment.

Nice folks here on the forum as it's been said before. Like everyone here I am hoping that in time justice is served - being that Allison's murderer/s are found out and prosecuted. Any more news? I heard from a relative in Sydney that they have more info on the news there than here in Brisbane. If that be the case, (and not solely local connections being in touch by telephone) I wonder if it's to withhold the drama and extent of sensationalism and negative impact news could have on the case locally? Fair enough, I think.
I did hear though that sadly her corpse's hand was missing.
That reminds me of an earlier thread in which there was discussion revolving around imprints left on hands from grabbing at keys, etc. ...

How sad.

Nobody is this scenario can put a foot right can they. The BCs have been so heavily criticized, everything they do gets ripped to shreds. So now they're the 'bad guys'. I don't even know the people, so feel hopelessly unqualified to judge them. All we get are little snippets from the media- totally biased of course, and so..... They're 'bad'. No good.*

Then there the Dickies... I don't know them either, so I'm not judgemental about them either. Apparently they're *too lovely now- so that means they might be fake? Geez you're a tough crowd.*

No matter what anybody related to this situation does it gets pulled apart (by a bunch of strangers who don't even know them, but seem to think they do) and put online where anybody can read it. Can you imagine how damaging and hurtful that might be?!*

Now the trust fund has come up for debate again- apparently because it's in poor taste. Is it not poor taste to discuss other peoples private business? If you don't like the trust find then just *don't donate. Why is there a need to criticize people for a really personal choice? If they DIDNT create a trust fund.... Someone would be up in arms about that too I bet. Have you stopped to think it isn't about the money? It's about being positive, doing something proactive when you might otherwise feel hopeless. I suspect those who have followed in their parents footsteps with regards to school would see this differently- its nothing to do with money, snobbery, an image- its about tradition, from my experience and in my opinion.

If you think it's unfair that the children get a trust fund when other children who's parents die don't have one.... Do you also stop to think its unfair that you are focussing so much on Allison when theres plenty of other people who are missing or murdered?*

Things are not black and white. People are not simple, theyre not goodies and baddies. It's madness to sit around tearing people to shreds over EVERYTHING! Ive even seen people criticise people over their looks, hardly relevant. It's so harsh!

It's one thing to sit around speculating about things stemming from facts, it's another to sit around just knocking everybody and being judgemental. Has everybody here never put a foot wrong? Is it so hard to respect people may do things differently? So much " if I was them I'd do this, I would never do that, that's wrong, that's bad!". Until you have been in certain situations and walked in someone else's shoes well you just don't know.*

I know it's frustrating when no new facts come out for a few days, but maybe that's a good opportunity to step away, take a good hard look at yourself, spend some time attending to the things you have been letting slide and get some perspective!*

I bet plenty of you have partners who would appreciate if you would step awaaayyyy from the screen, pay them some attention. Give someone a cuddle! Surely that is more productive than dissecting strangers, with other strangers.

Yikes! Big rant! Just popped my head in to see what was new and everything just seemed kinda *****y and bullying :-(*
:goodpost::cheer: Excellent post! I actually find it disturbing to see how mean and critical the general populace can be.

Willowwind, with all due respect it may be "totally irrelevant" unless you've read the vast plethora of posts herein discussing the virtue of ABC's girls attending a private or public school & the Dickies' apparent desire to ensure they do indeed get the finest & and most expensive private school education.

The relevancy comes from the fact that they are clearly not wealthy socialite people, nor are they Establishment/Professionals and, it may well turn out that the kids' father is convicted as the murderer of their mother - alls I'm sayin' is, from personal experience, that's all prime stuff right there for the kids to be ostrasised big time. Shrugs

I have read most of the posts and I again am unsure why the girls fund and furure schooling is bring raised so much....have you ever consider the fact that Alison's wish to her parents was to ensure there daughters have the finest education? Allison had this...

Oh gosh, I'm done. This is a discussion on crime solving. I bet the police are picking personalities apart trying to find motive. But we can't do it? I'm over being told what I can and can not say. I don't think this is the forum for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pacobasal