Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess it will be the familys choice on how its spent. I mentioned previoudsly on this topic. Maybe its just a way of honouring Allisons wishes if thats what they were. And in the end whatever its spent on is up to the family. If people choose to donate then do, if not. Then don't.

(I am not directing this at you for anything you said or anyone, just a general comment)

Just throwing this out there... Assuming the Dickies SUSPECT GBC of committing a crime then they may be worried that the children would be left without parents. In this particular case then trying to raise money would make a lot of sense??

opinions are welcome...
character assasinations are not.
and its probably a little insensitive and in bad taste to be even sledging the family of a slane woman 13 days after they have laid her to rest.
time and a place...
time is in your own time with your own likeminded folk (deliverance comes to mind) & place is, well, your place really
:)

I think I missed it, either that or I am really dumb today. Who was attacking Allison?

I may be wrong...But I think she may be talking about the scholarships we were talking about the other night (for children of parents who are murdered)....Not for state school, those were for private schools.

Hey Willough, no sorry don't think so, she is talking about 'current' schooling issues. have a read again, correct me if im wrong, let me know.

I think we're all just a bit frustrated... and when someone brings up a new theory that others don't want to even begin to imagine, it's jumped all over.
As has been said, we're all allowed to have our opinions or theories. Remember, we could ALL be wrong.

The newer theories may seem a bit out there, but most are still possible. IMPOSSIBLE would be a theory that an alien came down and took her. Then we could jump over it, yes. lol

But as long as someone's theory is at the least bit possible, then you never know, it just could be right.

I have my theory that GBC did it, and had help from someone in his family... BUT I know I could be wrong. Infact, and I hate to say this, but I am very rarely right when i have a theory. {sad but true}

All I'm saying is, we seem like a nice lot of people here, let's all take a step back and give eachother a big hug!! xoxo

I agree linette :)

I'm actually interested in different theories even the ones that are a bit wild. The only thing I find frustrating is when the talk shifts from being about the case and turns into attacking people's character in general.

haha group hug

Can i just say something.....I don't comment much because i am still a learner sleuther lol but....

Allison was a beautiful & caring person (i do not know her or her family) & i can tell that by the absolutely lovely girls that she has raised. They are a real credit to her.

So please do not ever speak ill of her as she does not deserve any negative comments whatsoever.

I am somewhat obsessed with this case as i am from Brisbane too, not really local though. I do hope that the someone or persons that did this to this lovely lady are arrested soon, with sufficient evidence to put them away for a very long time. I do wish that the death penalty was reintroduced however i do understand that this has it's own dilemas.

Anyway that is all i wish to say as i believe she was a truly lovely person. RIP Allison

MOO :heartluv:

Hey Willough, no sorry don't think so, she is talking about 'current' schooling issues. have a read again, correct me if im wrong, let me know.

Im not sure. Sorry I couldnt help...I was trying to makes head to tails of it...and read the children of murdered parents bit and thought she may have meant scholarship.

If Gerard is locked up I am not fussed about putting those girls into a boarding school when they have already lost their mum. There isn’t a whole lot of love going around in those places and those girls will need all the love and support they can get in the years to come.

I stayed with my father for a few years after my mother disappeared and my grandparents visited often. My grandmother noticed I wasn’t developing normally as I did not speak and was very timid and withdrawn(made up for that now lol). She started to take me on the weekends to keep a closer eye on me (she didn’t trust my father) and then took me to a doctor after she found I was constantly covered in bruises.

The doctor thought that we were being mistreated; the doctors didn’t use the word abuse back then. My father agreed to adopt me out and keep my brother, for some reason they thought because he was older and a boy he could stick up for himself, crazy.

My lovely grandparents stepped up and offered to adopt me, because they were over 50 they were not allowed to officially adopt me. So they did a handshake deal down at the pub and agreed that my father would let them raise me as their own. I still visited my father on the weekends but I think this was meant more for me to have interaction with my brother, over time the weekend visits stopped as it wasn’t working out.

A trust fund was set up for my education and my father managed to take all of the money out of it, it was easier back then to do those types of things. Anyway after a bumpy start at life everything worked out, I was raised by older grandparents who gave me so much love. Unfortunately my poor brother stayed with my father and his life did not end so well. To this day my grandmother said he biggest regret is not taking and protecting him too.

I don’t think the grandparents age is such a big thing, it is more important that the girls are loved and safe.

Who said Allison was a cow?

Willow, someone who goes by a 'nice hot morning drink' in thier name (and one or two others) have spent several posts today sharing their insensitive opinions on ABC, her sister, her best friend and more recently her poor parents.

I was being sarcastic

its a disgrace. its not even about having having a go at someone on their opinion. They are emmotionally and morally bankrupt statements that have no relevance to her murder.

Well I wonder where they all were in her life time - they came out of the wood work probably after her death - maybe if it was GBC that was killed in a similar way - the same would have been said for all we know - how wonderful he is rah rah rah - no one says anything too negative about murdered people - who knows... people come out of the woodwork for all sorts of reasons. IMO a jealous bestie could have killed her.
This isn't true. When my ex died people didn't do the "oh he was a warm and wonderful person" thing. His parents even said that he wasn't perfect, and that he made a lot of mistakes. The reason they said this? Because it was true. Doesn't mean that people didn't love him or care for him. They were just realistic about the person he was.

Willow, someone who goes by a 'nice hot morning drink' in thier name (and one or two others) have spent several posts today sharing their insensitive opinions on ABC, her sister, her best friend and more recently her poor parents.

I was being sarcastic

its a disgrace. its not even about having having a go at someone on their opinion. They are emmotionally and morally bankrupt statements that have no relevance to her murder.

I totally agree & i know you aren't referring to me BTW lol.
Allison was an innocent gorgeous lady who i really would have loved to have had as a friend IMO.:rose:

I totally agree & i know you aren't referring to me BTW lol.
Allison was an innocent gorgeous lady who i really would have loved to have had as a friend IMO.:rose:

Well I know she for sure couldn't be referring to me but just waiting for her to say who the "others" are.

I am no ore closely alligned with ABC or GBC than most of this forum is... I feel we down GBC before we even know he is guilty but heaven help the poor person who so much as looks at ABC friends and all the lovely things they say about her. Shame on you for not thinking outside the square - this forum is for tossing all ideas about on who we think may have murdered ABC - many different ideas - but unless you follow the trend in that GBC is a bad bugger etc etc and ABC walked on water - then we are told 'to feel shame. I don't know who killed ABC but I am realistic enough to know it may not have been as black and white as GBC doing it - but it could have been a close friend of hers. Yes, there is always many people that do come out of the woodwork - sadly that is life.

That's fine, I have sent well done messages to others who bring other theories to the table. i find it refreshing and welcome it.
I do respectfully think however that one can still do this without making parralells to Allison and her tributes being phony. I think out of sheer decency and also an attempt to be a 'good person' her parents should be off limits. Really what is the point? And its just nasty it simply is I'm afraid and makes you look mean spirited and cold. This surely can't be debatable if you are a sensible reasonable person?
As for other theories, bring them on in a tasteful and tactfull manner. I think we all welcome them. But I think 'caseclosed' has already advised that victim's family or friends who have not been mentioned in the case cannot be 'bashed'
Rightfully so :)

I keep reading on here that the police say there were no signs of trauma. Can anyone direct me to an article which states this please?

The only thing I have seen says that police said clothes found on the body were similar to what Allison was described as wearing but they won't reveal if there are signs of trauma but confirmed it was a murder investigation.

What did they see or find out that led them to believe she was deceased before she was found?

The children will be eligible to receive a victims of crime payment. This should cover some compensation and ongoing medical costs.

If Gerard is locked up I am not fussed about putting those girls into a boarding school when they have already lost their mum. There isn’t a whole lot of love going around in those places and those girls will need all the love and support they can get in the years to come.

I stayed with my father for a few years after my mother disappeared and my grandparents visited often. My grandmother noticed I wasn’t developing normally as I did not speak and was very timid and withdrawn(made up for that now lol). She started to take me on the weekends to keep a closer eye on me (she didn’t trust my father) and then took me to a doctor after she found I was constantly covered in bruises.

The doctor thought that we were being mistreated; the doctors didn’t use the word abuse back then. My father agreed to adopt me out and keep my brother, for some reason they thought because he was older and a boy he could stick up for himself, crazy.

My lovely grandparents stepped up and offered to adopt me, because they were over 50 they were not allowed to officially adopt me. So they did a handshake deal down at the pub and agreed that my father would let them raise me as their own. I still visited my father on the weekends but I think this was meant more for me to have interaction with my brother, over time the weekend visits stopped as it wasn’t working out.

A trust fund was set up for my education and my father managed to take all of the money out of it, it was easier back then to do those types of things. Anyway after a bumpy start at life everything worked out, I was raised by older grandparents who gave me so much love. Unfortunately my poor brother stayed with my father and his life did not end so well. To this day my grandmother said he biggest regret is not taking and protecting him too.

I don’t think the grandparents age is such a big thing, it is more important that the girls are loved and safe.
Absolutely agree. It's love an compassion that matters. Not age. If anything were to happen to me I'd prefer my mum to look after my son. Mostly because I am certain that she would love him and raise him in the same way that I would have. I would know he was safe.

Oops...this is a link to news footage where they discuss signs of trauma :)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SyxdCkk2mqY&feature=related"]Body found - YouTube[/ame]

Is it fair that just because the death was sensationalised by the media that they deserve a trust fund more than other children whose parents die from cancer, car accidents etc? It still seemed in poor taste to me. Some people could feel they were taking advantage of the public because of the media coverage.

I think it's really standard for people to make donations when a young parent suddenly dies or a families house burns down or they suffer from flooding etc. After the QLD floods people all over the country donated money, After Black Saturday in VIC same again. In my home town a young mother has cancer and has 3 young kids, they did a big fundraiser for their family. Where I live now, a guy was in the final stages of cancer and they did a big fundraiser to give him money for a final family holiday. A sporting league that I belong to donated thousands of dollars to a family whose daughter is waiting on a kidney transplant.
This happens every day all over the place! Yes the wording is different, this is a trust fund, but that's the only way it can work to ensure that it's used for the daughters and not GBC's legal fees.

I really really don't get what the bid deal is with the trust fund?? It's human nature to want to give and to want to help, in a situation like this, giving money is really the only way people can help the girls.

No hard feelings Mountainhigh I would just absolutely hate for anyone to feel that anything I have said or agreed with is insensitive as I think we all agree that a beautiful innocent woman is dead and 3 girls are without a Mother. Let's just keep looking at the big picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties