Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And I think the law now is that when the owner goes to sell the house, they will have to divulge to interested parties that a murder was committed there (if indeed it was there).

When did they bring in that law? Good idea, I'd want to know.

these comments could be from nosey neighbours or friends of the family or even the dickies to their friends. didnt the dickies and allisons friend clean the house in preparation for gerard and the girls to move back after it was freed up by the police and csu?
im a bit puzzled why it would need cleaning?

Would it be possible that police investigating a house could make a mess and do things like make holes in walls to see if things were hidden there? I don't know. This is just a question?

Just had a thought - wonder if GBC and Allison went to the C21 office and had their blew etc there- would it not be easier to take a body down a lift to your car backed up in an underground d

Hmmmm. And then you would need to go via Kenmore roundabout to get out to Mt Crosby Rd......

Although I have to say I still think IMO it happened at home.

Would it be possible that police investigating a house could make a mess and do things like make holes in walls to see if things were hidden there? I don't know. This is just a question?

Maybe they could if they had reason to believe there might be something hidden. Don't know.

Just had a thought - wonder if GBC and Allison went to the C21 office and had their blew etc there- would it not be easier to take a body down a lift to your car backed up in an underground carpark??

Anyone have a photo of the C21 Office to see if this would fit? Maybe if things were getting a bit heated at the restaurant .... Take it to the office where things got way out of hand. With business slump and fewer staff - l ess chance to be interrupted between 9pm say and4am. Also less conspicuous to neighbours etc as it could be viewed as office cleaners in the office at that time. Possible alternative imo.

When did they bring in that law? Good idea, I'd want to know.

I read about it probably 2-3 years ago. Yes, I'd like to know too. When I purchase one property about 8 years ago, they told me that the owner had passed away in the master bedroom from natural causes, but she was an elderly lady and it didn't bother me.

I doubt very much that the journalist in question was "buying" into anything. Don't mistake her approach as supportive when in fact the oldest trick in the book is to make the interviewee think you're on their side so you can get them to open up and give you more information. ;)

Sorry, factfinda - I didn't realise until catching up with the threads that you'd already made this very pertinent point.

You seem well-informed and I'd be very interested in your take on how the media has covered this entire story. I do, however, completely understand if you would prefer to not provide this information - after all, you should probably invest in a flak jacket first :)

Cheers (IMO)

I would imagine it depends on the extent of the search warrant. Perhaps if they need to search inside walls, they need a higher type order? But am sure they do when they are looking for hidden drugs/guns, the same as excavating backyards or under concrete slabs.

You had timeout too? lol.

interesting what I had heard had also reportedly come from detective(2nd hand). Have not thought appropriate to say because of the whole situation. but makes me wonder..

Yes same situation here. Partner of a police officer has said that an arrest will be made by the end of next week. I'll believe it when I see it :)

I would imagine it depends on the extent of the search warrant. Perhaps if they need to search inside walls, they need a higher type order? But am sure they do when they are looking for hidden drugs/guns, the same as excavating backyards or under concrete slabs.

... and perhaps if they saw a hole had been very recently patched?

Sorry, I disagree. I'm married to a detective. Cases like these that he has worked on are really distrubing. My hubby doesn't come home and blurt everything about his day but he does tell me things. He, like alot of his mates I know need an outlet. I don't repeat anything he tells me though because it's not worth his job or the safety of our family (in some cases). Police are human too, they're not robots or in a secret division of the govt where they lead secret double lives. They don't have 24/7 coinselling available if the want to just chat about their day. They don't undergo rigorous psychological training to hold everything in and have no emotion. Personally I could not do his job. Dealing with the absolute scum of the earth and helping their traumatized victims.

Moo, IMHO, IMO whatever.

The Stupid Tree, glad to hear that you can be supportive of your husband and that you honour him and his work by not repeating anything. I do agree that people in such stressful jobs need an outlet.....but they also need to know that that outlet won't repeat anything. I hope that when people in such jobs speak to their family about work that they try and not match the info to names so that family members can't identify cases too often. It must be very hard when many of these cases receive such public attention. This is just my opinion based on things that I read about this case.

Yes same situation here. Partner of a police officer has said that an arrest will be made by the end of next week. I'll believe it when I see it :)

Ah, but wouldn't it be great? Not for the girls though if it is their father.

And I think the law now is that when the owner goes to sell the house, they will have to divulge to interested parties that a murder was committed there (if indeed it was there).

In America in certain states

Sorry, factfinda - I didn't realise until catching up with the threads that you'd already made this very pertinent point.

You seem well-informed and I'd be very interested in your take on how the media has covered this entire story. I do, however, completely understand if you would prefer to not provide this information - after all, you should probably invest in a flak jacket first :)

Cheers (IMO)

From where I'm sitting, reporting has been straight down the line but I am guessing that you too realise the frustrations of having to sit on one's hands. I'm wondering about your perceptions of viewing this case from both sides? Anyway, it's good to see a like-minded soul in here (IMO - LOL) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Velvetshadow