Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just thought some might be interested in this set of links on homicide from the Australian Institute of Criminology. This is a mine of information and there are downloadable pdfs available. It is a highly accessible website full of relevant material: http://www.aic.gov.au/crime_types/violence/homicide.aspx

My apologies if this has already been posted.

Cheers

Thanks! Would love to hear what your theory is with regard to what may have happened to Allison.

:woohoo: some awesomely creative and thought provoking perspectives coming out tonight guys!! Im partial to the drop bear theory, and pretty much anything Greg comes up with... :skip:

wow that was a long time between conviction and crime!!! and I think if you look at what the police did on this case- it reflected exactly what they learnt from the Daniel Morcombe case. Find the body!!!!!! Don't discount any evidence - the body and the crime scene are the deal breakers in a crime scene - if they can recover the two of them chances are they can work out what happened.
Well, the body was actually inadvertently found by a passing canoeist, not the police or any of their searchers. The reality is that the police were nowhere near Kholo Bridge, nor had they been, as far as I know. Did they have tracker dogs on Day 1? I don't know the answer to this but, if not, then why not? I have an uncomfortable feeling that they have missed some valuable opportunity(ies) right at the outset of the investigation. If they thought GBC was 'their man' and that they had him 'in the bag' (and that he would crack), they really got it wrong, as he sure is doing a darned good job at holding out on them - if he is the culprit.

Allison was a victim of abuse - she suffered many fractured bones - these were serious enough for her to have to have seen medical care to immobilise and support with required casts etc but not serious breaks but enough to leave her gym buddies till she was able to use these limbs without the cast/support. If the autopsy ever becomes public knowledge this will be evident!

I must have missed a fair bit today? where is this information you refer to? is it just rumour? I havent heard this before...MANY FRACTURED BONES?? where does it state this? and is it because she was beaten (severely by the sounds of it) and regularly or did she have some bone disease? if you have links to verify, can you link please??
sorry for the 100 questions but its a pretty shocking comment

She may also have has osteoporosis, the coroner will take it all into account. Some people's bones break more easily than others.
Well, it has been written in a CM article that she 'suddenly gave up ballet despite being so talented and successful in that field'. Perhaps there was some medical problem with her bones??

ABC was hobbling around on crutches awhile ago - how she sustained that injury I'm not sure. A friend of ABC's told me ABC had a DVO on GBC - gossip? rumour? who knows.
A person in authority also revealed ABC was strangled - more gossip and rumour - who knows!!!!

If he had a way with the ladies then no doubt a lot of the guys would have been a bit jealous of him - and, until recently, he drove a LEXUS and appeared to 'have it all' (ie, the Good Life). This perception would have been enough to bring activate the Tall Poppy Syndrome in many.

Do you have a link to that?

If he had a way with the ladies then no doubt a lot of the guys would have been a bit jealous of him - and, until recently, he drove a LEXUS and appeared to 'have it all' (ie, the Good Life). This perception would have been enough to bring activate the Tall Poppy Syndrome in many.

Yes we know some women were certainly impressed, but I'm sure there were many others who looked beyond the lexus and saw how little substance there was.
I'm not sure why people would consider him a tall poppy. I'd look at someone of his age, and think wow how come you don't even own a house, and yet property is your thing.
I've learnt a long time ago that people who appear to be well off can just have their credit cards maxed out, or even worse more than one has been had up for fraud.
I've got a nephew who drives an Aston Martin, he reminds me a bit of GBC, all show and no substance, and I have no doubt his car is leased not owned.
I suspect I'd never have liked GBC even if I'd met him before Allison died.
Maybe I'm just old and cynical but I do think my BS meter is well tuned.

ABC was hobbling around on crutches awhile ago - how she sustained that injury I'm not sure. A friend of ABC's told me ABC had a DVO on GBC - gossip? rumour? who knows.
A person in authority also revealed ABC was strangled - more gossip and rumour - who knows!!!!

Wouldn't surprise me if it were proven true eventually. IMO that's the reason police reacted unusually quickly to her disappearance.

this is good!! lets knock these wild theories off one by one, without offending anyone of course. each time one is put up, its pretty easy to see right through it as being unlikely, so its a good excercise I think

OK minni! Here's one for you!

I have a friend at work that is very "close" to someone involved in this case. Over the weekend, he has told her the following:
* Allison arranged for the girls to have a sleep over at BC's on the Thurs night, so that she could "have it out" with GBC. (I have actually heard this as well, from numerous sources)
* GBC was with another woman that night, at the Scout Grounds, and Allison followed them/turned up. Obviously, a major fight broke out.
* Allison was killed and her hand was cut off, as the perp knew that there was skin under her fingernails from scatching.
* Allison was the one driving the silver Captiva.

Well, theories similar to this have been suggested and argued for and against in numerous threads on this forum for weeks. I personally, don't believe point 2, 3 and 4 that my co-worker has been told, as I was sure that the Police reported the house being the "crime scene" (most likely where she was killed?) and why would GBC and "?" be out in the middle of nowhere - surely, there were other places to go! My friend was talking about a hall - but I didn't think there was one there! Needless to say, we had a very heated lunch break today!

Anyway, I'm happy for holes to be shot into this one or am I being too narrow minded? :/

I believe you're wrong. I have it on good authority that he went to the police station and said "I'm sorry". Unless you happen to be an Indooropilly police officer, I don't see how you can summarily dismiss this suggestion. Just saying.

OK minni! Here's one for you!

I have a friend at work that is very "close" to someone involved in this case. Over the weekend, he has told her the following:
* Allison arranged for the girls to have a sleep over at BC's on the Thurs night, so that she could "have it out" with GBC. (I have actually heard this as well, from numerous sources)
* GBC was with another woman that night, at the Scout Grounds, and Allison followed them/turned up. Obviously, a major fight broke out.
* Allison was killed and her hand was cut off, as the perp knew that there was skin under her fingernails from scatching.
* Allison was the one driving the silver Captiva.

Well, theories similar to this have been suggested and argued for and against in numerous threads on this forum for weeks. I personally, don't believe point 2, 3 and 4 that my co-worker has been told, as I was sure that the Police reported the house being the "crime scene" (most likely where she was killed?) and why would GBC and "?" be out in the middle of nowhere - surely, there were other places to go! My friend was talking about a hall - but I didn't think there was one there! Needless to say, we had a very heated lunch break today!

Anyway, I'm happy for holes to be shot into this one or am I being too narrow minded? :/

I've heard rumours around the western suburbs that I've known have started on this forum, so I wouldn't believe any of them!

I wasn't going to report this - but!!

About 4 years ago my hubbie and I were looking for an acerage property at Brookfield. One day, hubbie came home after meeting with a local real estate agent. He couldn't remember his name (nothing unusual there) but described him as "some " who kept banging on about being related to Lord Baden Powell. I remembered this because I had been a keen Brownie and Girl Guide and even stayed at Olave house (named after Lady B-P) when I was in London. My hubbie is very affable and is not easily threatened by other men. He also has a pretty good " detector". I seriously doubt that he felt threatened by this man.

excellent wanka metre:woohoo:

Yes, but it is possible to create a false reality based on what those closest to you are saying - his mother and father, his siblings, his loyal friends, even his daughters (perhaps in what they don't say). I very much doubt any one of his MANY doubters around Brookfield and surrounds have delivered any of their speculation to his face. So he just has the media reports to go on and also the investigators reassuring him that he is not an official suspect and that he is greatly assisting with their inquiries. It takes a lot of front to rock up to the Brookfield Show if you think everyone there thinks you're a murderer. Apparently a number of people went up to him to offer support and condolences. All of this is my amateur-psychology opinion, but I just think he is not necessarily behaving like a man who thinks he is the giant elephant in the room. A person has to convince themselves of a lot of untruths to maintain an affair, so it's not like he hasn't had practice at self-delusion. IMO. :)

I wasn't going to report this - but!!

About 4 years ago my hubbie and I were looking for an acerage property at Brookfield. One day, hubbie came home after meeting with a local real estate agent. He couldn't remember his name (nothing unusual there) but described him as "some " who kept banging on about being related to Lord Baden Powell. I remembered this because I had been a keen Brownie and Girl Guide and even stayed at Olave house (named after Lady B-P) when I was in London. My hubbie is very affable and is not easily threatened by other men. He also has a pretty good " detector". I seriously doubt that he felt threatened by this man.

Haha that was the word I wanted to use to describe him, took me ages trying to think of something nicer.
I don't want to insult the good professional real estate agents and maybe Australian ones are more highly thought of than here, where a fair percentage of them are either failed businessmen or bored housewives.
I just don't get the tall poppy suggestion.

mmmm yes an older model LEXUS - defs a drawcard for the women of Brookfield. Get a Grip - this is a suburb where people own serious cars and people have buckets of money - and then there are the conceited real estate agents who have entitlement to the lifestyle since their parents' parents were part of an aristocracy that started scouting. A tenuous and pathetic link methinks!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuLuWooWoo