Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #14

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
... I believe GBC is well aware of the surge of suspicious public opinion against him. quote]

Does that mean that he is aware it is happening not only in newspapers and tv news bulletins, but on internet sites such as aussie criminals, twitter, facebook as well as websleuths?
My fair comment is that in the eyes of The Law, a POI is innocent until proven guilty in a Criminal Court of Law, but there sure does seem to be 'a surge' of suspicious public opinion in the social media just as you say.

Your posts aren't really all that hard to find...

Your first post...

A friend of mine has met him at social functions and found him not only charming, but the 'life and soul' of the party. She thought he was a thoroughly nice, genuine guy.

I'm guessing, going from that, your friend wouldn't have a clue as to what he was like behind closed doors??

He was charming....DELIGHTFUL even!

Hi everyone. I've been following this case since day 1 and reading a lot of your posts. I find it to be both intriguing (as to what actually happened to Allison) and sad (for her poor children to be left without a mother). I agree with much that has been posted by you all. I am hoping, along with the rest of you, that the police get an arrest asap.

If indeed GBC is the perpetrator, I worry about the children and the potential for him to 'snap' under pressure as the police close in on identifying the killer and potentially cause harm to them.

Hi Bluebell, welcome :) you are right, the impact on these children is going to be long lasting and devastating regardless isnt t? The loss of the mother alone is something (hopefully) most young children should never have to go through. The fact that she was murdered takes it to another level. When you add the public scrutiny and interest, talk and gossip, it gets worse. If their father is responsible, I cant begin to imagine.

For their sake, I hope this case changes direction away from their father.

I'm not linking this to anyone's post. I'm not attacking anyone.
IMO, one adult could cope with looking after 3 children.

Well said Heyerdahl.
The Baden Clays have received bad publicity from the start. Fair enough the Dickies were at the showgrounds everyday ... where were the children? who was talking care of them. Had the media hounded the Dickies in their home - they might too have been portrayed differently. Maybe ...just a thought... the other grandparents were keeping their grandchildren away from all the searching, the very sadness and trauma surrounding them. We all do act differently especially when we are grieving.

I think the media did "hound the Dickies" wanting a scoop....the difference there is the Dickies did speak out to the media & gave them a personal interview.

With the children...I would think there would have been plenty of relations to take care of them so the BC's could attend at least the command centre while the search was on.

I'm thinking all your post is doing is trying to find excuses for the BC's total silence.

This is only my second post but if everyone chooses to ignore the irritating/rude comments, the poster will not be getting out of this what they are seeking - namely attention and creating conflict.

If they don't get the attention they are desperately seeking they will probably go away...

ahhh yes you are very wise bluebell!!

This is only my second post but if everyone chooses to ignore the irritating/rude comments, the poster will not be getting out of this what they are seeking - namely attention and creating conflict.

If they don't get the attention they are desperately seeking they will probably go away...

Welcome to Websleuths Bluebell. Good to have you with us.

The way it works here is close to what you posted. You are suppose to ignore rude comments, irritating is not exactly against TOS. but... if you feel a post is rude or irritating then ALERT, don't respond, so you are correct. This way it keeps the thread focused on what who it should be about. In this case its Allison.

Thank you and again Welcome.

:welcome4:

Well said Heyerdahl.
The Baden Clays have received bad publicity from the start. Fair enough the Dickies were at the showgrounds everyday ... where were the children? who was talking care of them. Had the media hounded the Dickies in their home - they might too have been portrayed differently. Maybe ...just a thought... the other grandparents were keeping their grandchildren away from all the searching, the very sadness and trauma surrounding them. We all do act differently especially when we are grieving.

Common things are common. The BCs from whiny G upwards have behaved uncommonly. So no surprise there that people find them 'suspect'. They could easily remedy this opinion by coming out and speaking to the police and then to the media. Innocence is so easily proved. Public opinion is usually swayed by sympathy. Sympathy is a visceral emotion and our viscera aren't sympathising with the weird 'covering up' behaviour. If innocence is genuine, get out there and shout about it.

There seems to be a lot of bickering going on over the fact that not everyone is baying for GBC’s blood. Yes, it is a victim friendly site but that doesn’t mean everyone who is advocating a different point of view to the majority is in GBC’s pocket. Here’s the thing: GBC may have killed his wife. He may have done it intentionally. He may have done it unintentionally in the course of an argument. Or he might not have killed her at all. Allison may have killed herself. She may have been killed by someone else entirely. None of the information that is available to the public at this stage makes any of these scenarios more or less likely. What GBC did or didn’t do after Allison went missing, what he said or didn’t say, does not make him guilty of an offence. There are always alternative explanations that cannot be discounted until we know the full story. You can say IMO, IMHO, MOO as much as you like, but if your opinion isn’t based on established fact then it is pretty much worthless. There is a difference between trying to solve a crime based on reasonable speculation and spouting invective based on gut reaction.

Common things are common. The BCs from whiny G upwards have behaved uncommonly. So no surprise there that people find them 'suspect'. They could easily remedy this opinion by coming out and speaking to the police and then to the media. Innocence is so easily proved. Public opinion is usually swayed by sympathy. Sympathy is a visceral emotion and our viscera aren't sympathising with the weird 'covering up' behaviour. If innocence is genuine, get out there and shout about it.

where is the LIKE button? oh well LIKE!!

I am not sure one way or the other, some days I think it might be her husband, some days, someone unknown at this stage. The longer it takes, the less certain I am.
I think the children were in school, even on the day Allison's body was found. (for those who are wondering who was caring for them)

I'm new so this may have already been covered. I've been told GBC walked in to Indrops police station on the same day as his car accident and said "I'm sorry". The officers there were like, "For what exactly". He then left. Now he was obviously pretty shaken at the time so he could have meant "I'm sorry I've pranged my car up the road, now you'll have to do some paperwork", or "I'm sorry this search is taking up so much of your time and resources" (remembering that GBC was always extremely outwardly "polite") or "I'm sorry I killed my wife". I realise this event seems to make little sense (if he confessed, then what are we all still doing here?) but I have been told the EXACT same story now by three people close to events and so now I'm thinking there may be some substance to it. Any thoughts? Sorry if this has been discussed before.

I believe he never made it to the police station that day, he was taken to hospital where he stayed.

Thanks CaseClosed...

"We will continue without in any sense easing off in terms of our efforts in the intensity of this investigation," Mr Atkinson said.

"When and if we decide to prosecute anyone we have to make sure that we've got that as right as we can and we've done all we can in that space beforehand."

Reports suggesting delays in the return of forensic results were a misunderstanding, he added.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...en-investigation/story-e6freonf-1226369583583

Sounds very fine to me :)

... I believe GBC is well aware of the surge of suspicious public opinion against him. quote]

Does that mean that he is aware it is happening not only in newspapers and tv news bulletins, but on internet sites such as aussie criminals, twitter, facebook as well as websleuths?
My fair comment is that in the eyes of The Law, a POI is innocent until proven guilty in a Criminal Court of Law, but there sure does seem to be 'a surge' suspicious public opinion in the social media just as you say.
I am not naming anyone as a POI, including GBC. He happens to be one of a cast of players in this tragic saga.

A 'stalker' who knew ABC by sight, through business, social connections, etc, would not be a random attacker either, would he/she.
HEYERDAHL: Is this hypothetical, creating rumours, or is there something else
known to you that you would like to share with us?

I have been on this site from thread one and there have been some very interesting alternative scenarios postulated. But when a husband of a missing (murdered) woman is covered in scratches and the differential diagnosis is suggested by one to include "allergy" , we may as well include paintballing or ice skating injury!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member